The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2010, 11:39 AM   #101
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Cutler will be fine. The Bears aren't going to give up on him any time soon and a player like Cutler needs that sort of certainty so that he can work through his issues on the field. As far as offense is concerned, as long as they establish a solid O-line and continue to add playmakers for Jay to throw to he is going to do well. I don't know how anyone could watch 2 and a half seasons of him in Denver and not be convinced of that, even after how he played last season.

If you don't care whether he does well or not then why even comment on it? For you to say anything about it shows that you DO care about the situation. If you want him to fail you are entitled to that opinion.

I hope he does well, except for when we play him obviously. I like that they picked up Chester Taylor, not sold on Peppers. Not really sure it was a great idea to get Martz unless they really think he can stick around for a while. Seems more like a quick fix to me, and it will be Cutler's 3rd offensive system in his 5th year, 4th full year as starter.

Oh, and one more thing. Shanahan hit it right on the head by saying that it's the coach's responsibility to coach to the strengths of your players, and I'd like to add to that that it's also about getting the most out of your players any way you can. This is one area where I think that McDaniels could improve.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #102
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
not sure if this is "with" or "at" me but ok
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:29 PM   #103
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRabb View Post
not sure if this is "with" or "at" me but ok
with you, at the statement.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:27 PM   #104
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
You are all class sir.
You picked that name. Not me. Smartly, you changed it to dogfart.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:40 PM   #105
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
You picked that name. Not me. Smartly, you changed it to dogfart.
Intelligent retort.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:51 PM   #106
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I call things as I see em'.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:58 PM   #107
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:12 PM   #108
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Blue when the dragster gives you accolades it's time to check your reasoning.
There's nothing wrong with my reasoning, Baja... it's a fact that the McDaniels hire has made... at least "respect" (if not outright adulation) for the Patriots almost a prerequisite for being a "good" Bronco fan.

I don't care. I hate the Patriots anyway; as I have for years... it's not gonna change, no matter how many times I'm personally attacked for it. *shrug*

Oh... and Dag/bpc... I'm beginning to suspect that the two of you aren't gonna agree on much of anything; hence perhaps you'd both find the Mane more pleasant if you placed each other on ignore...
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:50 AM   #109
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
There's nothing wrong with my reasoning, Baja... it's a fact that the McDaniels hire has made... at least "respect" (if not outright adulation) for the Patriots almost a prerequisite for being a "good" Bronco fan.

I don't care. I hate the Patriots anyway; as I have for years... it's not gonna change, no matter how many times I'm personally attacked for it. *shrug*
No one hammers you because you don't like the Pats. You get hammered because you let that distaste for the Pats fuel some of the most illogical, irrational, ass-backwards stances I've ever seen on a football message board and it's all directed at our new coach and the players he brought with him.

You can hate the Pats all you want, but McD, Paxton, Gaffney...etc are Broncos now, so how about you stop treating them like the enemy? You loved Shanahan despite him being a Raider and 49er.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:45 AM   #110
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Bronco View Post
No one hammers you because you don't like the Pats. You get hammered because you let that distaste for the Pats fuel some of the most illogical, irrational, ass-backwards stances I've ever seen on a football message board and it's all directed at our new coach and the players he brought with him.

You can hate the Pats all you want, but McD, Paxton, Gaffney...etc are Broncos now, so how about you stop treating them like the enemy? You loved Shanahan despite him being a Raider and 49er.
I'm not as changeable as the wind, FB... nor am I wishy-washy. In the Shanahan era I absolutely hated Dale Carter... even though he (thankfully... briefly) wore orange n' blue.

I detested many personnel decisions Shanahan made.

Thanks for your permission to hate the Pats, btw...
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote