The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 08:56 AM   #51
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
No doubt Cutler left on bad terms and probably felt he had to take that route to get what he wanted but the way everyone trashes every player that leaves the Broncos whether bad or not is getting ridiculous and when or if he gets his shyt together they will probably be saying we shouldn't have gotten rid of him

Just my take and I loved Shanahan
Look people trashed Hillis, something I never did, because the love Hillis got was ridiculous given his small production. Look what Nolan's D gave up on the ground to KC in our house. Check montrose's post in the "what does this mean for Tony Scheffler" thread I posted for how much of a punk he's been. Most people were shocked to see Andre Davis cut. Everyone was happy to see Simms cut. I didn't see anyone tearing Kenny Peterson a new one. Most people on here want Marshall to stay if he signs a contract giving him big money if he plays nice. It is just over one calender year since his last incident.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:56 AM   #52
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,045
Default

Does anyone else think it's so damn awesome that in Shanny's system, he got the absolute most out of Cutler, so much so that Chicago gave up a boatload for him to only realize that he's a limited QB like most in the league?

Shanahan had his faults, no question, but after each game last season I got a renewed appreciation of just what kind of genius the man can be with QBs.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:27 PM   #53
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
 
bpc's Avatar
 
1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 13,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Does anyone else think it's so damn awesome that in Shanny's system, he got the absolute most out of Cutler, so much so that Chicago gave up a boatload for him to only realize that he's a limited QB like most in the league?

Shanahan had his faults, no question, but after each game last season I got a renewed appreciation of just what kind of genius the man can be with QBs.
Cutler's not limited besides in his maturity from time to time along with having diabetes. It's his complimentary players that suck. Jay's got all the ability in the world to be success. He's one of the most talented QB's in the league.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:35 PM   #54
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
 
bpc's Avatar
 
1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 13,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post
I haven't heard Mike say one negative thing about the City of Denver, the Broncos ownership or any of their past players.

The guy is all class.

I for one will remember him as the coach that brought us two championships, prestige for the entire franchise and the best coach the Denver Broncos have ever had to this point.

Regardless of him no longer being part of this franchise he has more than earned the right for respect from Denver fans for his accomplishments.
Too bad half the fans (McD apologists primarily) in Denver can't mirror this.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:37 PM   #55
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: St Augustine, FL
Posts: 7,451

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Too bad half the fans (McD apologists primarily) in Denver can't mirror this.
Someone say mirror?
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:43 PM   #56
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Too bad half the fans (McD apologists primarily) in Denver can't mirror this.
Lots of fans were happy to see a coach with only one playoff win in 10 years sans his HOF QB go after 3 poor seasons. Sometimes it's time for change. People were very angry with the way the previous 3 seasons ended. Just like last year.

I don't get where you see people still not being classy. Are people in town or on here really ripping him apart? He made some dodgy personnel decisions on the defensive side of the ball, you have to admit that, hell most of those cut never got a team. Seriously, he is a Denver legend, it was time to move on.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:46 PM   #57
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,139

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Cutler's not limited besides in his maturity from time to time along with having diabetes. It's his *insert any part of the team that needs help here* that suck. Jay's got all the ability in the world to be success. He's one of the most talented QB's in the league.
there ya go

honestly, I wonder how long it won't be poor Jay's fault, I mean shouldn't all players get to play with an entire pro bowl roster to be great?

it's why Elway will be #1 to me forever, he made players better and took them to Super Bowls (and I am not talking the last 2)
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:49 PM   #58
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

proud like when bobs mom praises him for getting most of his unine ( in the toilet)
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:33 PM   #59
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,677

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

I am glad Bowlen fired shanahan.
Kudos to Mcd for trading Cutler.
Cutler is childish and will never succeed in NFL.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:13 PM   #60
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer
 
Cool Breeze's Avatar
 
Broncos Rock!

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: south of town
Posts: 1,222
Default

I hope Washington will be proud of Shanny - I'm happy for what he did here.
That being said - I can't stand Jay.
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:27 PM   #61
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
I hope Washington will be proud of Shanny - I'm happy for what he did here.
That being said - I can't stand Jay.
Well said that man!
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:02 PM   #62
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Iam proud of cutler too! he fleeced the bears and they still don't know it.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:04 PM   #63
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,697

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRabb View Post
there ya go

honestly, I wonder how long it won't be poor Jay's fault, I mean shouldn't all players get to play with an entire pro bowl roster to be great?

it's why Elway will be #1 to me forever, he made players better and took them to Super Bowls (and I am not talking the last 2)
he did play with an entire pro bowl roster before. he threw a pick when the game was on the line.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:05 PM   #64
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
 
bpc's Avatar
 
1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 13,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
Lots of fans were happy to see a coach with only one playoff win in 10 years sans his HOF QB go after 3 poor seasons. Sometimes it's time for change. People were very angry with the way the previous 3 seasons ended. Just like last year.

I don't get where you see people still not being classy. Are people in town or on here really ripping him apart? He made some dodgy personnel decisions on the defensive side of the ball, you have to admit that, hell most of those cut never got a team. Seriously, he is a Denver legend, it was time to move on.
Some of you guys, no need to name them, have been ****ting on him from day 1 with rhetoric thats just classless.

No reason to answer for everybody. I haven't followed up on you enough to point blame at the rustytrombone, but there are others that have definitely done this.

It's pretty pathetic, that's all i'm saying. Thank him for what, 14 years of non-losing season football, 2 super bowl championships and countless memories. Oh yeah, he's also the greatest coach we've had of all time. You all might want to at least show a little respect for that without talking so much ****.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:08 PM   #65
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
 
bpc's Avatar
 
1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 13,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRabb View Post
there ya go

honestly, I wonder how long it won't be poor Jay's fault, I mean shouldn't all players get to play with an entire pro bowl roster to be great?

it's why Elway will be #1 to me forever, he made players better and took them to Super Bowls (and I am not talking the last 2)
Jay isn't John Elway. Not many players are. Jay's still pretty damn good. He started as a rookie here and handled himself with tremendous poise. Some of the units he played on, 07' primarily, had some of the worst talent i've ever seen. Players were either too old, too young, or flat out not that good. I mean Glenn Martinez was starting for us at points. The OL? I don't even need to discuss that.

Fact is Cutler didn't make many excuses last year. He took his lumps and moved on. Hopefully Chicago finds him some help especially on the OL. We've seen what he can do when he has time to throw.

If hes a bust 2, 3 years down the road, trust me, i'll be the first one to admit. I don't think that will be the case though.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:13 PM   #66
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,697

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Some of you guys, no need to name them, have been ****ting on him from day 1 with rhetoric thats just classless.

No reason to answer for everybody. I haven't followed up on you enough to point blame at the rustytrombone, but there are others that have definitely done this.

It's pretty pathetic, that's all i'm saying. Thank him for what, 14 years of non-losing season football, 2 super bowl championships and countless memories. Oh yeah, he's also the greatest coach we've had of all time. You all might want to at least show a little respect for that without talking so much ****.
is this how you validate all your opinions, by making such ridiculous extremist statements that really no one here agrees with at all? theres not a person here who isnt thankful for what shanny brought to the team, in case you didnt realize it. doesnt change the fact that he was unsuccessful for the later part of his career and deserved to be fired based on performance. just because we wanted a new coach doesnt mean we hate everything shanahan has ever said. theres not a single person here who WANTS shanahan to fail in washington, even if some of us predict he MIGHT. relax. this is like the 3rd time ive had to post something similar to you, maybe you will understand that your perception is so wrong about what people actually think its crazy.

jay cutler on the other hand, deserves it all, after all we are just a 6.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:36 PM   #67
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Some of you guys, no need to name them, have been ****ting on him from day 1 with rhetoric thats just classless.

No reason to answer for everybody. I haven't followed up on you enough to point blame at the rustytrombone, but there are others that have definitely done this.

It's pretty pathetic, that's all i'm saying. Thank him for what, 14 years of non-losing season football, 2 super bowl championships and countless memories. Oh yeah, he's also the greatest coach we've had of all time. You all might want to at least show a little respect for that without talking so much ****.
You are all class sir.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:50 PM   #68
Hamrob
All-American!
 
Hamrob's Avatar
 
All-American!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 5,460

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
Look people trashed Hillis, something I never did, because the love Hillis got was ridiculous given his small production. Look what Nolan's D gave up on the ground to KC in our house. Check montrose's post in the "what does this mean for Tony Scheffler" thread I posted for how much of a punk he's been. Most people were shocked to see Andre Davis cut. Everyone was happy to see Simms cut. I didn't see anyone tearing Kenny Peterson a new one. Most people on here want Marshall to stay if he signs a contract giving him big money if he plays nice. It is just over one calender year since his last incident.
Dagmar...look at the love (gushing) that you give McDaniels...what the hell has he produced?

People like(d) Hillis because of his potential.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:52 PM   #69
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Dagmar...look at the love (gushing) that you give McDaniels...what the hell has he produced?

People like(d) Hillis because of his potential.

Potential never means anything if you are never on the field.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:52 PM   #70
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Dagmar...look at the love (gushing) that you give McDaniels...what the hell has he produced?

People like(d) Hillis because of his potential.
8 - 8, the same as Shanahan with less according to you people (remember he tore the team apart waaaaaa!).

So a head coach can't have potential?
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:32 PM   #71
KipCorrington25
Free Safety
 
KipCorrington25's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Centennial
Posts: 3,543
Default

8 and 8 is nothing to be proud of... well for Orton maybe.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:19 AM   #72
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,256

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

There's plenty of good & bad one can say about anybody at any time. Shanny for instance.

Thanks for the good memories Mike, but I remember some other things also, not just the good times.

I liked Shanny for many a year seeings how he was brought into the NFL by Dan Reeves and promoted through the ranks. Then Al Davis came sniffing around looking to hurt the Broncos, offered Shanny the Raider HC position and Shanny took it. Shanny was happy to be the Raider HC and beat up on the Broncos. Thanks, Mike! I thought that was a treasonous move by Shanny.

As for QB evaluations, Denver could have had Rich Gannon as an FA in 1999 but Shanny was locked onto Griese. There's good and bad one can say about anybody.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:24 AM   #73
~Crash~
My new dog
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,579

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper
Default

You know if this observation was made about a D lineman I would LMO...

People that say Mike has no clue about anything , are trying to get people to chirp and in all honesty full of Frozen Road Apples.
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:10 AM   #74
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,697

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crash~ View Post
You know if this observation was made about a D lineman I would LMO...

People that say Mike has no clue about anything , are trying to get people to chirp and in all honesty full of Frozen Road Apples.
ive figured it out. the people that hate mcdaniels still, they dont hate him because cutlers gone. ANYTHING would have been good enough to harp on him relentlessly every chance you get, and as soon as cutler was gone, that was it. you are really just so disgusted taht shanahan is gone that you cant stand it, and think its mcdaniels fault. you hate him so much and miss shanahan so badly that you will create your own perception of how we feel about shanahan. you act like we hate him and want him to fail and was an awful person and coach. no one has ever said that, once, yet you keep saying the same **** over and over. this is the type of **** that sociologists would write a dissertation about, jilted coach lover atlas syndrome.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:23 AM   #75
broncswin
God I love those Broncos
 
broncswin's Avatar
 
Bring back the hardware

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Broncos Fantasy Land
Posts: 2,188

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos
Default

Shanny=Best coach we ever had
Cutler=guy who though he was best QB Denver ever had=Dumb ****
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:02 AM.


Denver Broncos