The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2010, 08:52 AM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default mcdaniels interview at owners meetings

i think its live, ive been listening for like 15 minutes, prolly coulda posted it when it started but oh well

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...o&year=&month=
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2010, 08:56 AM   #2
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

ps, if this is old ill delete this, i cant tell
Old 03-23-2010, 09:00 AM   #3
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

eddie will be moving a lot more at the WR position this year than last year.

haggan will be moving to mike, ayers likely taking full starting position.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:00 AM   #4
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

It's interesting listening and anytime I feel myself getting frustrated with any of his decisions when I hear him talk that all goes away. He conducts himself so well.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:03 AM   #5
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

he repeatedly mentions xanders and his crew when it refers to personnel, i think xanders may have more to do with signings, draft and FA than we think.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #6
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

This is pretty awesome. Thanks for posting.

They're talking about the trip to London...I thought that was called off?
Man-Goblin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #7
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

said we might be blitzing more this year because of winks background and personality
Old 03-23-2010, 09:15 AM   #8
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMan-Goblin View Post
This is pretty awesome. Thanks for posting.

They're talking about the trip to London...I thought that was called off?
When did you hear that nonsense? Halloween vs San Fran.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:18 AM   #9
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

There were talks of a 2nd game in London, but because of the CBA it has been scrapped.
no-pseudo-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:19 AM   #10
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Wait, Ayers moving to a full time role?

NO, ALL OUR PICKS HAVE TO BE HORRIBLE BUSTS, THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:24 AM   #11
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-pseudo-fan View Post
There were talks of a 2nd game in London, but because of the CBA it has been scrapped.
Ah, I see.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:27 AM   #12
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Thanks for posting TSI.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:37 AM   #13
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Nuts. I thought it was ours. At least it's one less true road game they have to play.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:39 AM   #14
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

He just cleared his throat. He must be lying to us.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:52 AM   #15
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

*Question about the Offensive Line re : C or LG*

Josh - It's March!
Old 03-23-2010, 10:11 AM   #16
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

I wish one of the reporters would nail down Josh about B Marsh. He is double-talking all issues regarding RFA's.

"It is out of our hands, we did what we did and thats all. We did our part."
no-pseudo-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:13 AM   #17
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I wish one of the reporters would nail down Josh about B Marsh. He is double-talking all issues regarding RFA's.

"It is out of our hands, we did what we did and thats all. We did our part."
umm no hes not. they did their part, they assigned him a restricted tender offer sheet. thats all they have to do. other teams can talk to marshall all they want, and sign him if they choose. or marshall can sign his tender.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:42 AM   #18
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Glad to hear McDaniels giving more props to Xanders. I've long thought he's helping make more decisions than given credit for and it would be beneficial to all parties if he became more of a public figure and shared the limelight with McDaniels.

On a negative note, I'm getting more and more concerned about the interior OL. It was our weakest position last year, and we haven't added anyone and at this point are assuming Olsen is going to develop and be an upgrade.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:09 AM   #19
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Don't know how much stock to put into it, but McD mentioned Dustin Fry (apparently on our roster) as someone he was high on coming out of college in 2007 (drafted in the 5th round) by St.Louis and then spent a season on Carolina's practice squad.
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:32 AM   #20
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
Glad to hear McDaniels giving more props to Xanders. I've long thought he's helping make more decisions than given credit for and it would be beneficial to all parties if he became more of a public figure and shared the limelight with McDaniels.

On a negative note, I'm getting more and more concerned about the interior OL. It was our weakest position last year, and we haven't added anyone and at this point are assuming Olsen is going to develop and be an upgrade.
If they're viewing Olsen as a guard then as of now he'll be competing with Hochstein, who was a solid starter after replacing Hamilton and before getting hurt last year. That isn't a bad position battle to have for an OG spot.

We need something to address center, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're waiting for the draft for that. I like this year's center class, top three guys could all probably start day one.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:33 AM   #21
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Sometimes you're just in the right place at the right time at these NFL owners meetings. One of the more interesting exchanges I've ever witnessed at one of these occurred Monday morning while I was interviewing Mike Shanahan. The new Redskins coach stopped mid-sentence in one answer to greet and meet second-year Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels -- his successor in Denver -- for the first time.

"Hey, Josh, how are you?'' Shanahan said. McDaniel quickly replied: "I didn't have the chance to meet you before. It's my pleasure.''

The past and present Broncos head coaches then stood and chatted amiably, comparing notes on neighborhoods in Denver, and life in the Mile High City.

"We're only 10 minutes from work, and the kids love [the neighborhood],'' McDaniels said. "Coming from Boston and New England, it's totally different, but they love it.''

Shanahan, who just opened a restaurant in Denver, told McDaniels: "I was there 21 years as an assistant and head coach, and of all the places we've been, and we've been in a lot, it was the best place to raise a family. We thought it was the best for the kids. Your family is going to love it.''

How many Broncos fans would have loved to capture that little snapshot on their cell phone camera?
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz0j1FNaCHr
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:36 AM   #22
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Sometimes you're just in the right place at the right time at these NFL owners meetings. One of the more interesting exchanges I've ever witnessed at one of these occurred Monday morning while I was interviewing Mike Shanahan. The new Redskins coach stopped mid-sentence in one answer to greet and meet second-year Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels -- his successor in Denver -- for the first time.

"Hey, Josh, how are you?'' Shanahan said. McDaniel quickly replied: "I didn't have the chance to meet you before. It's my pleasure.''

The past and present Broncos head coaches then stood and chatted amiably, comparing notes on neighborhoods in Denver, and life in the Mile High City.

"We're only 10 minutes from work, and the kids love [the neighborhood],'' McDaniels said. "Coming from Boston and New England, it's totally different, but they love it.''

Shanahan, who just opened a restaurant in Denver, told McDaniels: "I was there 21 years as an assistant and head coach, and of all the places we've been, and we've been in a lot, it was the best place to raise a family. We thought it was the best for the kids. Your family is going to love it.''

How many Broncos fans would have loved to capture that little snapshot on their cell phone camera?
Ok so I cried a little. Big deal, wanna make something of it?
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:40 AM   #23
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:

I wonder if Mike told Josh the secret to his year round "Shana-tan."
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:40 AM   #24
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:

Shanahan was talking with the devil?
Old 03-23-2010, 11:40 AM   #25
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Badass. I mean expected, and not that big of deal, but still badass. I love Shanny! Can't wait to see Denver beat DC (in another couple of years?)
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote