The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



View Poll Results: Do you think Big Ben get's suspended?
Yes 35 43.21%
No 24 29.63%
More facts needed 22 27.16%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default Do you think Big Ben gets suspended?

ORLANDO, Fla. -- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell says he plans to meet with Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger about the star's off-field problems.

Goodell already has spoken with team owners about Roethlisberger, who is being investigated on allegations he assaulted a 20-year-old college student in a Georgia nightclub on March 5. Roethlisberger's attorney says the quarterback committed no crime. Roethlisberger has yet to be interviewed by police in Milledgeville, Ga., and charges have not been filed.

"We take this issue very seriously," Goodell said Monday at the NFL meetings. "I am concerned that Ben continues to put himself in this position.

"I spoke with the Steelers and [team president] Art Rooney about it and, at some point, I will be meeting with Ben at the appropriate time."

Roethlisberger also is being sued by a woman who claims he raped her in 2008 at a Lake Tahoe hotel. He denies those allegations and has asked for counter-damages.

His latest alleged incident came during a 28th birthday party for Roethlisberger, who has a home about 30 miles from Milledgeville.

The two-time Super Bowl champ's lawyer, Ed Garland, said he has hired his own investigative team.

Rooney has said the Steelers are "in a situation we're going to let this investigation play out and then go from there."

Roethlisberger skipped voluntary workouts with the team last week.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5018837
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2010, 04:44 PM   #2
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

If he's a scumbag rapist I hope he gets plenty of jail time.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:48 PM   #3
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,644

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin
Default

The guy has not even been charged with a crime.... How in the world can he be suspended. Lets get real and talk Bronco football, I am sure there is much more discussion on important topics like Hillis and Jay Cutler.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:51 PM   #4
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
If he's a scumbag rapist I hope he gets plenty of jail time.
Guilty or not I think he has to be suspended. He had pretty much two girls accuse him of the same thing less then a year apart.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:53 PM   #5
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy
 
mr007's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,096

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Guilty or not I think he has to be suspended. He had pretty much two girls accuse him of the same thing less then a year apart.
How do you figure? When has someone ever been suspended based on an accusation?

He hasn't been arrested and he doesn't have a criminal history. I don't see it happening.
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:53 PM   #6
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
The guy has not even been charged with a crime.... How in the world can he be suspended. Lets get real and talk Bronco football, I am sure there is much more discussion on important topics like Hillis and Jay Cutler.
Hasn't there been players suspended without being convicted of a crime?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:57 PM   #7
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr007 View Post
How do you figure? When has someone ever been suspended based on an accusation?

He hasn't been arrested and he doesn't have a criminal history. I don't see it happening.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3643240

Hotel scuffle
Where: Dallas
When: October 2008
What: Jones was involved in an alcohol-related incident with a bodyguard assigned to him by the Cowboys, and hotel employees called police. No arrests were made, nor were there charges filed. But the NFL suspended Jones for at least four games because the incident was a violation of the league's personal conduct policy.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:00 PM   #8
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,577

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

I also don't believe he had been convicted of anything yet when he was initially suspended. I think it came out that Goodell was looking at the situations and it seems to me Ben keeps putting himself in undesireable situations.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:14 PM   #9
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,912

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Guilty or not I think he has to be suspended. He had pretty much two girls accuse him of the same thing less then a year apart.
Acusations are not guilt.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:20 PM   #10
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Acusations are not guilt.

He keeps putting himself in situations where he can be accused. His conduct, regardless if he is charged or not can be viewed as detrimental to the steelers and the NFL.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:30 PM   #11
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,500

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
The guy has not even been charged with a crime.... How in the world can he be suspended. Lets get real and talk Bronco football, I am sure there is much more discussion on important topics like Hillis and Jay Cutler.
do we really have to have this argument over and over and over again whenever someone gets in trouble?

I am not picking on you specifically, but Jesus Christ on a lollipop...it is getting old
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:51 PM   #12
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,912

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
He keeps putting himself in situations where he can be accused. His conduct, regardless if he is charged or not can be viewed as detrimental to the steelers and the NFL.

Doesn't matter. He's not been charged nor convicted.

Remember the Duke Lacrosse Team? Talk about egg on the face for an entire pompas-assed university. There is no rush. If he's guilty then he'll get the business. At least that's how it should be, but Mike Vick was suspended before he ever went to trial or was indicted. The facts in that senario were much more clear.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:07 PM   #13
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Doesn't matter. He's not been charged nor convicted.

Remember the Duke Lacrosse Team? Talk about egg on the face for an entire pompas-assed university. There is no rush. If he's guilty then he'll get the business. At least that's how it should be, but Mike Vick was suspended before he ever went to trial or was indicted. The facts in that senario were much more clear.

Considering the focus Goodell places on personal conduct and being representative of the NFL, Rothlisberger can expect something. If nothing happens to Ben, then he should consider himself lucky and may want to reconsider where he hangs out and with who. The fact two cases within 14 months of each other in two spots Rothlisberger was present sets a pattern of behavior and sends a red flag that even if Ben did not assault these girls, he is placing himself in a **** position where he can be exploited by people who know who he is.

It should be a concern that the Georgia police are taking their time with this. If nothing happened this could be wrapped up by now.

The Duke Lacrosse case was a typical response by the media to paint "pampered white athletes" as university sponsored neanderthals. The facts didnt matter in that case, it was going to be a witch hunt because a black woman alleged gang rape by white athletes.

Mike Vick...honestly he should not be in the NFL. I feel the same way about Leonard Little and even that WR from Cleveland who hit and killed a man. These men should not be playing in the NFL. It does not seem right to me that they killed people or slaughtered animals and continue to play a game for a living. If Rothlisberger raped/assaulted these women, he should be banned as well. Not suspended, but permanently banned.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:10 PM   #14
Donk
Free Agent
 
Donk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sun City CA.
Posts: 414

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bob Scarpitto
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Considering the focus Goodell places on personal conduct and being representative of the NFL, Rothlisberger can expect something. If nothing happens to Ben, then he should consider himself lucky and may want to reconsider where he hangs out and with who. The fact two cases within 14 months of each other in two spots Rothlisberger was present sets a pattern of behavior and sends a red flag that even if Ben did not assault these girls, he is placing himself in a **** position where he can be exploited by people who know who he is.

It should be a concern that the Georgia police are taking their time with this. If nothing happened this could be wrapped up by now.

The Duke Lacrosse case was a typical response by the media to paint "pampered white athletes" as university sponsored neanderthals. The facts didnt matter in that case, it was going to be a witch hunt because a black woman alleged gang rape by white athletes.

Mike Vick...honestly he should not be in the NFL. I feel the same way about Leonard Little and even that WR from Cleveland who hit and killed a man. These men should not be playing in the NFL. It does not seem right to me that they killed people or slaughtered animals and continue to play a game for a living. If Rothlisberger raped/assaulted these women, he should be banned as well. Not suspended, but permanently banned.

Should Woods be permanently banned?
Donk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:19 PM   #15
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donk View Post
Should Woods be permanently banned?

Marital infidelity is not murder or rape or animal slaughter. So no.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:26 PM   #16
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donk View Post
Should Woods be permanently banned?
Don't be retarded. He cheated on his wife with another adult.

Ben has been accused of rape twice in a year.

I cannot believe you are equating the two.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:34 PM   #17
MaloCS
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 342

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Kick his ass out! Where there's smoke there's fire.
MaloCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:37 PM   #18
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
The guy has not even been charged with a crime.... How in the world can he be suspended. Lets get real and talk Bronco football, I am sure there is much more discussion on important topics like Hillis and Jay Cutler.
that hasn't stopped goodell from suspending players.....welcome to the new nfl....IMO, it's really starting to blow
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:07 PM   #19
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser
 
Bronco Boy's Avatar
 
Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York. **** you too.
Posts: 2,017

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

He's a member of the God Squad. So, yeah he's not getting suspended.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:49 AM   #20
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue
 
no-pseudo-fan's Avatar
 
Follow me...

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: EPT
Posts: 2,113

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo
Default

Brandon Marshall got suspended for being in the news for domestic violence, he was never convicted of it, but the number of run ins were enough to cause the league to sit him down.

Ben has been in the news for sexual assault, a far worse crime, twice. The league needs to do the same with him, or it will open a box they will not be able to close very easily. The NFLPA is looking for something to beat the league and the owners over the head with.

NFLPA can claim racism and bias, and that would not be a pretty road to travel down.
no-pseudo-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:36 AM   #21
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy
 
mr007's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,096

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3643240

Hotel scuffle
Where: Dallas
When: October 2008
What: Jones was involved in an alcohol-related incident with a bodyguard assigned to him by the Cowboys, and hotel employees called police. No arrests were made, nor were there charges filed. But the NFL suspended Jones for at least four games because the incident was a violation of the league's personal conduct policy.
He had prior history. End of story, he was already on an extremely thin leash by the league and this was after his year suspension.....

Last edited by mr007; 03-23-2010 at 09:39 AM..
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:37 AM   #22
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy
 
mr007's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,096

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-pseudo-fan View Post
Brandon Marshall got suspended for being in the news for domestic violence, he was never convicted of it, but the number of run ins were enough to cause the league to sit him down.

Ben has been in the news for sexual assault, a far worse crime, twice. The league needs to do the same with him, or it will open a box they will not be able to close very easily. The NFLPA is looking for something to beat the league and the owners over the head with.

NFLPA can claim racism and bias, and that would not be a pretty road to travel down.
BM also had been arrested multiple times, had a DUI, and was on an already thin leash. Again, the 2 don't match... Ben has never had any sort of run-ins with the law or been arrested that I'm aware of.
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:44 AM   #23
MaloCS
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 342

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr007 View Post
BM also had been arrested multiple times, had a DUI, and was on an already thin leash. Again, the 2 don't match... Ben has never had any sort of run-ins with the law or been arrested that I'm aware of.
Doesn't matter. A person of his standing should have a better head on his shoulders. I can give the guy a break if this situation only happened once. Hell, the argument that a gold digging female was out for a payday can be made. But... this is the second incident for the same exact offense. Where there's smoke there's fire.

Hopefully, a suspension for Ben would teach the guy that he needs to settle down and start acting like a mature adult. There are plenty of players in the league that go out, throw down some brewskis and party like it's 1999 that have never been accused of sexual assault. Why is Ben finding himself in this situation so frequently? The question needs to be asked.

Suspend the guy for 2 games, minimum.
MaloCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:52 AM   #24
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator
 
Man-Goblin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 5,962

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Need more info.

If actual charges are filed, they should, and probably will, suspend him immediately and indefinitely. But until then, I don't think they'll suspend him simply because he's a douche.

Last edited by Man-Goblin; 03-23-2010 at 10:54 AM..
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:07 AM   #25
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr007 View Post
He had prior history. End of story, he was already on an extremely thin leash by the league and this was after his year suspension.....
I guess Big Ben's prior history of sexual assault should be over looked then right?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:25 AM.


Denver Broncos