The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2010, 03:52 AM   #1
ELEVATION
GO BIG OR GO HOME NOW

Knee Deep in Crazy land

Adopt-a-Bronco:
JD WALTON
Default Elevation's March Madness Mock draft

TRADES-

Please dont tell me trades(or madden trades) wont happen during the draft, we pulled numerous trades in the draft last year to move up spots and all the ones below are equal value across the board...

Denver Trades Pick 11, and 2011 4th rd pick to San Francisco for pick 13 and 3rd rd pick(79)- San Francisco Desperately needs Cb and Safety Help.....at 14both haden and Earl Thomas could be gone. With pick 11 San francisco has the chance to draft Earl Thomas or Joe haden..elite talents for their secondary for the small cost of their 3rd rd pick.

Denver Trades Sheffler to Carolina for 4th rd pick(110)- With sheffler on the outs, MCD deals sheff to a team that needs a field stretching threat besides steve smith, gives matt moore another dangerous catching threat, who has improved his blocking over the past year.

Denver Trades its own 3rd rd pick(79) and the 4th rd pick(110) from Carolina to Indy for their 2nd rd pick(63)

And yes i still have marshall as a bronco next year!!!!!

DRAFT-

1(13) DE JARED ODRICK- Denver needs a youth injection on the DL, outside of Marcus thomas and Chris baker the guys are up there in age and tenure. Jarvis green is not a full time 3-4 RDE, Odrick would be able to step into the rotation on day 1 and be a factor from the Rt side

2(45) C JD WALTON- we have no reall center options on our roster, and Walton should be able to step in day 1 as a starter, would provide a lunchpail mentaily and road grader for us for years, he would go along ways to solidfying our OL

2(63) OL VLADIMIR DUCASSE- We lack effective depth at guard and tackle, Duccase is exactly the type of Ol we want tough, physical, powerful and versatile, he would not only give us depth at Guard, but he can back-up tackle as well. We saw the issue we had last year when harris went down.

3(80) WR ANDRE ROBERTS- Depsite the small school the guy is a great athlete, his stock is on the rise after being the best WR at the senior bowl. He has field stretching ability and good speed, he would not only give our Corps anotehr viable weapon, but he would provide the deep threat we lack in this offense, great route runner, with great hands, and good seperation ability, also provide punt return ability....avg 15 yds last year

4(112)RB MONTARIO HARDESTY- Arrignton is a unknown, Bucky is injury prone and Knowshon could use help. Hardesty would be a good compliment to knowshon, we do need RB depth and hardesty is a very tough, N/S runner capable of getting tough yards

6(176) LB MICAH JOHNSON- Another Kentucky backer, with a tough, lunchpail work ethic, would provide Solid depth at the TED position behind haggan and Larsen in case of injury. Its unknow who will fill the void left by davis but we have only 1 FB in larsen so depth is needed inside.

7(205) FB MATT CLAP- a outstanding blocker, would free larsen up a bit for more LB duty if need, provides depth at a position where only 1 FB exists who isnt even a full time FB....would do wonders for our RB's in the new power scheme MCd wants to run.

Have at it folks im sure criticism will abound.....

Last edited by ELEVATION; 03-22-2010 at 07:57 AM..
ELEVATION is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2010, 05:03 AM   #2
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'd have no problems whatsoever with that draft, nice work.

Only issue is that I don't think a power back is what we need to compliment Moreno at all. What we need is a speed back, someone who gives us the big play capability that I think Moreno lacks. Moreno can be the 15-20 carries a game guy who does the short yardage and goalline work, what he needs as a compliment is a speedster.

Buckhalter hopefully has another year left in him, maybe Arrington will step up... but they're both big question marks.

If we add a RB I'd rather it be Jahvid Best or Joe McKnight.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:28 AM   #3
ELEVATION
GO BIG OR GO HOME NOW

Knee Deep in Crazy land

Adopt-a-Bronco:
JD WALTON

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSchism View Post
I'd have no problems whatsoever with that draft, nice work.

Only issue is that I don't think a power back is what we need to compliment Moreno at all. What we need is a speed back, someone who gives us the big play capability that I think Moreno lacks. Moreno can be the 15-20 carries a game guy who does the short yardage and goalline work, what he needs as a compliment is a speedster.

Buckhalter hopefully has another year left in him, maybe Arrington will step up... but they're both big question marks.

If we add a RB I'd rather it be Jahvid Best or Joe McKnight.
Thanks,

Im counting on arrignton for that role hopefully. im also basing the need for a power back off MCD's lack of using hillis last year becasue of no FB on the roster when larsen went down....I do belive we need a legit power back. I alos belive he thinks that as well, especilly since our 2 private Workouts for Rb's so far have been hardesty and gerhart and there are rumours of Dixon coming in as well(nothing confirmed yet)

I would have no problem with a speed back but the top 2 are rd 1 picks and i just cant justify that right now...i could see a guy like Mccluster being used for a speed back role maybe 8 touches a game....but the reality i belive is that Moreno will be the starter/Bucky will back him up/arrignton will be our third down back,speed back/and a back from the draft would be goalline, power short situations etc..

In most cases you dont select a rb in rd 1 or 2 if you only expect him to get 10 touches a game for the so called speed role, and while bucky is injury prone and arrington is a unknown, i just dont see the 1-2 rd speed back happening...

I agree with MUG that both best and spilelr are being overated a bit becasue of the chris johnson love...but he is a absolute rarity for his size and speed and durability combo....
Old 03-22-2010, 06:31 AM   #4
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Like all the players picked a lot. Even without the trade, I think you'd get a good haul, so I like that aspect of your mock. Most trade mocks fall apart without their hypothesized transactions.

Do you think that Hardesty will last until the 4th? I've been really impressed watching him through the season. Thought he shows a lot of skills as an RB, and even though I can see where people might say he doesn't bring anything "unique" to the backfield, he does have great all around skills. His combine times were pretty good, to boot.

I don't know much about Micah Johnson, will have to read up on him a bit.
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:41 AM   #5
ELEVATION
GO BIG OR GO HOME NOW

Knee Deep in Crazy land

Adopt-a-Bronco:
JD WALTON

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0phr0syne View Post
Like all the players picked a lot. Even without the trade, I think you'd get a good haul, so I like that aspect of your mock. Most trade mocks fall apart without their hypothesized transactions.

Do you think that Hardesty will last until the 4th? I've been really impressed watching him through the season. Thought he shows a lot of skills as an RB, and even though I can see where people might say he doesn't bring anything "unique" to the backfield, he does have great all around skills. His combine times were pretty good, to boot.

I don't know much about Micah Johnson, will have to read up on him a bit.
it will be interesting right now i dont belive he is in rd 3 value territory by most scouts...it seems that tate, starks have the most rd 3 hype with maybe all purpose mccluster in there as well....i do belive he could easily go in rd 3, but im feeling rd 4 is where his target is....but if we didnt get hardesty i would have no problem with a guy like Dixon...
Old 03-22-2010, 06:48 AM   #6
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

What happened to our #13 pick?
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:53 AM   #7
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELEVATION View Post
TRADES-

Please dont tell me trades(or madden trades) wont happen during the draft, we pulled numerous trades in the draft last year to move up spots and all the ones below are equal value across the board...

Denver Trades Pick 11, and 2011 4th rd pick to San Francisco for pick 13 and 3rd rd pick(79)- San Francisco Desperately needs Cb and Safety Help.....at 14both haden and Earl Thomas could be gone. With pick 11 San francisco has the chance to draft Earl Thomas or Joe haden..elite talents for their secondary for the small cost of their 3rd rd pick.

Denver Trades Sheffler to Carolina for 4th rd pick(110)- With sheffler on the outs, MCD deals sheff to a team that needs a field stretching threat besides steve smith, gives matt moore another dangerous catching threat, who has improved his blocking over the past year.

Denver Trades its own 3rd rd pick(79) and the 4th rd pick(110) from Carolina to Indy for their 2nd rd pick(63)

And yes i still have marshall as a bronco next year!!!!!

DRAFT-

1(14) DE JARED ODRICK- Denver needs a youth injection on the DL, outside of Marcus thomas and Chris baker the guys are up there in age and tenure. Jarvis green is not a full time 3-4 RDE, Odrick would be able to step into the rotation on day 1 and be a factor from the Rt side

2(45) C JD WALTON- we have no reall center options on our roster, and Walton should be able to step in day 1 as a starter, would provide a lunchpail mentaily and road grader for us for years, he would go along ways to solidfying our OL

2(63) OL VLADIMIR DUCASSE- We lack effective depth at guard and tackle, Duccase is exactly the type of Ol we want tough, physical, powerful and versatile, he would not only give us depth at Guard, but he can back-up tackle as well. We saw the issue we had last year when harris went down.

3(80) WR ANDRE ROBERTS- Depsite the small school the guy is a great athlete, his stock is on the rise after being the best WR at the senior bowl. He has field stretching ability and good speed, he would not only give our Corps anotehr viable weapon, but he would provide the deep threat we lack in this offense, great route runner, with great hands, and good seperation ability, also provide punt return ability....avg 15 yds last year

4(112)RB MONTARIO HARDESTY- Arrignton is a unknown, Bucky is injury prone and Knowshon could use help. Hardesty would be a good compliment to knowshon, we do need RB depth and hardesty is a very tough, N/S runner capable of getting tough yards

6(176) LB MICAH JOHNSON- Another Kentucky backer, with a tough, lunchpail work ethic, would provide Solid depth at the TED position behind haggan and Larsen in case of injury. Its unknow who will fill the void left by davis but we have only 1 FB in larsen so depth is needed inside.

7(205) FB MATT CLAP- a outstanding blocker, would free larsen up a bit for more LB duty if need, provides depth at a position where only 1 FB exists who isnt even a full time FB....would do wonders for our RB's in the new power scheme MCd wants to run.

Have at it folks im sure criticism will abound.....

1(13) RB CJ Spiller

2(45) C JD WALTON-

2(63) OL VLADIMIR DUCASSE-

3(80) DT Terrence "Mt" Cody

4(112)RB LaGarrett Blount

6(176) WR Jordan Shippley

7(205) OL (anyone from ND, Montanta, or Iowa
Old 03-22-2010, 07:24 AM   #8
ELEVATION
GO BIG OR GO HOME NOW

Knee Deep in Crazy land

Adopt-a-Bronco:
JD WALTON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
1(13) RB CJ Spiller

Bad value he is not the next chris johnson, good back, but lets not get carried away...thats like taking iputati at 11...yikes.... Ryan Matthews should be the first RB off the board...

2(45) C JD WALTON-

Great pick

2(63) OL VLADIMIR DUCASSE-

great pick

3(80) DT Terrence "Mt" Cody

Doubtful he is there there are many teams in need of a NT...San diego, KC, miami, buffalo, Washington, pitt for depth....and there are exactly 3 that could contribute right away...only 1 projects as elite and he could go as high as 4 to washington...3-4 NT's are premium right now....that leaves Cam thomas and terrence cody....its doubtful Cody makes it out of the first ten picks of rd 2....

4(112)RB LaGarrett Blount

MCD does not touch players with chracter concerns like him during the draft, he takes chracter flawed players in UDFA where the risk is small...last year is a perfect example of this with chris baker...Blount is a good back but i am 100% certain he wont be in denver unless he falls to UDFA

6(176) WR Jordan Shippley

Shipley could go as high as rd 3 as low as rd 6..so i wont say the value is wrong but i would wager he will go before rd 6

7(205) OL (anyone from ND, Montanta, or Iowa

lol, possibly...but a FB is a bigger need than most realize, and we do need DL youth so i would even go that route with a guy like Travis ivey before going OL here...

in red
Old 03-22-2010, 07:31 AM   #9
ELEVATION
GO BIG OR GO HOME NOW

Knee Deep in Crazy land

Adopt-a-Bronco:
JD WALTON

Quote:
What happened to our #13 pick?
nothing maybe i was editing so you couldnt see it for a minute...lol
Old 03-22-2010, 07:46 AM   #10
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
nothing maybe i was editing so you couldnt see it for a minute...lol
Nope, you're saying it's pick 14 like we traded with Seattle or something?

CJ Spiller at 11 isn't high. He may not be Chris Johnson, but he brings a lot more production than CJ did when he was drafted. While Mathews may be a more complete back, he is far too similar to Knowshon Moreno to even consider.

Mt. Cody has been completely removed from several team's draft boards. He could go anywhere between round two and round five. Think of the drop guys like Rodrique Wright and Alan Branch went through. Both were considered top 5 overall guys.

Speaking of reaching, Ordick at #13 (14 on your list). If a DE is what you want then why not take Carlos Dunlap? Think Calais Campbell with outstanding speed. 4.6... are you kidding me? Probably the most suited player to play DE in a 3-4 in this draft.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:56 AM   #11
ELEVATION
GO BIG OR GO HOME NOW

Knee Deep in Crazy land

Adopt-a-Bronco:
JD WALTON

Quote:
Nope, you're saying it's pick 14 like we traded with Seattle or something?

yeah i changed it to 13 its updated now....it was my error...

CJ Spiller at 11 isn't high. He may not be Chris Johnson, but he brings a lot more production than CJ did when he was drafted. While Mathews may be a more complete back, he is far too similar to Knowshon Moreno to even consider.

i agree matthews is not in consideration for us at all, but i belive he is the first back taken which shows i value spiller around the early to mid 20's, while i consider matthews a top 20 pick

and while spiller has the production, the question mark is does he have the ability to be a all round back, many belived chris johnson did, many dont belive spilelr does, so why draft a 15 touch back at 11...that value doesnt see mright to me financially....

Mt. Cody has been completely removed from several team's draft boards. He could go anywhere between round two and round five. Think of the drop guys like Rodrique Wright and Alan Branch went through. Both were considered top 5 overall guys.

i dont totally disagree with you, but NT is much more premium this year than last with even more teams running 3-4's and many have no NT's currently...he may be considered by many teams not worth it but im certain(although speculating) he is the 3rd NT on 3-4 teams draft boards if not the second....

Speaking of reaching, Ordick at #13 (14 on your list). If a DE is what you want then why not take Carlos Dunlap? Think Calais Campbell with outstanding speed. 4.6... are you kidding me? Probably the most suited player to play DE in a 3-4 in this draft.

He blew up the SB, combine and had a great year this and last, many boards now have him as a top 15 pick...jackson went at 3 overall last year, and odrick is a much better 3-4 end prospect...even mayock raves about the guy as a top 15-20 pick..and again we wont touch dunlap becasue of work ethic concerns, laziness, and poor production...im 100% certain we would take spiller before dunlap...

MCD drafts team captains, team leaders, productive and cerebral players...dunalp fits none of those

in bold above
Old 03-22-2010, 08:56 AM   #12
Drek
Ring of Famer

1. Why would San Fran trade up to #11 for Haden or Thomas? Its doubtful that Miami will go that route, so why pay to leap a team that won't take your guy?

2. Why would Indy trade out of #63 when Ducasse is exactly the kind of OL prospect they need to add themselves?

Your trades make sense from a straight value standpoint, but I don't see why those teams would want to make those moves. There is little incentive for them to make those deals.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:28 AM   #13
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

INDY is a very shrewd Trade partner and would probably consider trading their late first first for a second and third, but not sure they would trade that second for a lower prospect and then a player outside the sweet zone in this draft. They need players who can play right away on the Lines and selecting a lesser valued player and then getting a mid round pick probably would not appeal to Polian this year...

I also agree the first round trade back is suspect unless someone was also actively trying to trade up for one of the DB's. Personally, this CB draft is plenty deep enough to NOT have to trade up for a solid starting level prospect. There are more than 5 guys that will be there around their second pick that are outstanding value as opposed to giving up a third that could yield a starter caliber player. I am not sure you saw this, but SF just switched their draft leadership as Scot McCloughan is taking an indefinite leave of absence and San Francisco's director of player personnel Trent Baalke will lead the 49ers into a critical draft. Baalke is not a battle hardened negotiator, this will be his first time running a draft, so that kind of trade seems pretty unlikely.

As for the picks you made with the trades, they are all quality players with solid value outside of Odrick. I still think Odrick is being overvalued in the top 15. His skillset is not a prototypical 3-4 DE, despite having an immense level of talent. That will push his value down in this draft. I think he could be a great player at the next level, I just think he is a much better fit at the 3T instead of the 5T. It would be like putting McCoy on the 5T. He might still be very good at it, but it wastes his strengths and will allow his weaknesses into the play.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:39 AM   #14
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm not even in the same solar system as far as draft knowledge goes, but even in my ignorance I've heard that this year premium DT/NT's are available in numbers not seen in many drafts. It would seem logical to me that the Broncos should take advantage of that considering the need for talent at that position. A RB at 11 seems a terrible waste of draft position to me.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:58 AM   #15
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Could be a good scenario, elevation. But, if Joe Haden or Dan Williams are there at 11 it might be best to go with one of them. Seems hard to pass on one of them, despite the attraction of trading down from 11.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #16
ELEVATION
GO BIG OR GO HOME NOW

Knee Deep in Crazy land

Adopt-a-Bronco:
JD WALTON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
1. Why would San Fran trade up to #11 for Haden or Thomas? Its doubtful that Miami will go that route, so why pay to leap a team that won't take your guy?

2. Why would Indy trade out of #63 when Ducasse is exactly the kind of OL prospect they need to add themselves?

Your trades make sense from a straight value standpoint, but I don't see why those teams would want to make those moves. There is little incentive for them to make those deals.
Mug and i were talking about Ducasse at 63 as well and our best bet actually would be a earlier 2nd for him but i having trouble madden trading that one into legit scenario...haha

it may even be a better bet to get ducasse at our pick and tennant in the third rd or at that pick if he is there....so you make a very valid point there completely...

and i belive the more obvious trade partner would be a team like houston for haden or thomas but i wanted to start small before getting crazy....and san fran probally knows we like haden and if he is there at 11 he could be our pick, but th extra pick in the 3rd could be enough to entcie MCD to bite, and miami has a number of routes to go..but i belive they jump us entirely for dan williams...so 12 becomes a BPA thing...and then im banking on the fact that San fran loves thomas or haden and doubts that they can get eitehr unless they swap with us....

the more i think about it... houston is a pretty likely partner if haden and thomas are around at 11....

bottom line is just to tinker around a bit and get feedback on trade value and what not...because im firmly on the odrick/walton/ducasse or odrick/Ducasse/Tennant bandwagon for our first 3 picks....

the feedback is much appricieated....
Old 03-22-2010, 11:24 AM   #17
ELEVATION
GO BIG OR GO HOME NOW

Knee Deep in Crazy land

Adopt-a-Bronco:
JD WALTON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Could be a good scenario, elevation. But, if Joe Haden or Dan Williams are there at 11 it might be best to go with one of them. Seems hard to pass on one of them, despite the attraction of trading down from 11.
i just dont see the finacial responsiblity with taking haden unless we have no otehr chocie, and personally i belive both kyle wilson and devin mccourty will be better pros....so perhaps my bias has a part here....and i am in a minority than belives dan williams doesnt get past buffalo and could go as high as 4 to washington....
Old 03-22-2010, 11:29 AM   #18
ELEVATION
GO BIG OR GO HOME NOW

Knee Deep in Crazy land

Adopt-a-Bronco:
JD WALTON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
INDY is a very shrewd Trade partner and would probably consider trading their late first first for a second and third, but not sure they would trade that second for a lower prospect and then a player outside the sweet zone in this draft. They need players who can play right away on the Lines and selecting a lesser valued player and then getting a mid round pick probably would not appeal to Polian this year...

I also agree the first round trade back is suspect unless someone was also actively trying to trade up for one of the DB's. Personally, this CB draft is plenty deep enough to NOT have to trade up for a solid starting level prospect. There are more than 5 guys that will be there around their second pick that are outstanding value as opposed to giving up a third that could yield a starter caliber player. I am not sure you saw this, but SF just switched their draft leadership as Scot McCloughan is taking an indefinite leave of absence and San Francisco's director of player personnel Trent Baalke will lead the 49ers into a critical draft. Baalke is not a battle hardened negotiator, this will be his first time running a draft, so that kind of trade seems pretty unlikely.

As for the picks you made with the trades, they are all quality players with solid value outside of Odrick. I still think Odrick is being overvalued in the top 15. His skillset is not a prototypical 3-4 DE, despite having an immense level of talent. That will push his value down in this draft. I think he could be a great player at the next level, I just think he is a much better fit at the 3T instead of the 5T. It would be like putting McCoy on the 5T. He might still be very good at it, but it wastes his strengths and will allow his weaknesses into the play.

very good response, and the trade with indy is probally the least likely of all the scenarios but many of the scenarios i was coming up with for a good second rd pick invlove marshall or some bad value combo....i dont like that....haha....but trading with houston could get us what we need if they really value haden or thomas, that would be a much better trade than with san fran....so i have no qualms with your disagreement on the indy or san fran trades being unlikely at all....

as i stated to drek im tinkering a bit to try and find a good second rd pick and get feedback on a good scenario for another solid second...becasue while you have doubts about odrick Im firmly on the odrick/Walton or tennant/Ducasse train someway somehow...hahaha

and actually i didnt see the switch in the 49er's front o so thanks for that, becasue i do agree fully that kind of changes the likliehood of my scenario....

Houston here we come
Old 03-22-2010, 11:44 AM   #19
Harvitz81
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Mug and i were talking about Ducasse at 63 as well and our best bet actually would be a earlier 2nd for him but i having trouble madden trading that one into legit scenario...haha

it may even be a better bet to get ducasse at our pick and tennant in the third rd or at that pick if he is there....so you make a very valid point there completely...

and i belive the more obvious trade partner would be a team like houston for haden or thomas but i wanted to start small before getting crazy....and san fran probally knows we like haden and if he is there at 11 he could be our pick, but th extra pick in the 3rd could be enough to entcie MCD to bite, and miami has a number of routes to go..but i belive they jump us entirely for dan williams...so 12 becomes a BPA thing...and then im banking on the fact that San fran loves thomas or haden and doubts that they can get eitehr unless they swap with us....

the more i think about it... houston is a pretty likely partner if haden and thomas are around at 11....

bottom line is just to tinker around a bit and get feedback on trade value and what not...because im firmly on the odrick/walton/ducasse or odrick/Ducasse/Tennant bandwagon for our first 3 picks....

I think you are right that houston is the more likely trading partner if both haden and thomas are there. In that scenario we could potentially get their 2nd rounder.

Ducasse may go before we even pick at 45. KC, Oak, Wash, Bills, etc will be looking at Olineman. I think if he is there we take him at 45 and hope Walton or Tennant are there for either our 3rd rounder or there in the 2nd if we someone get an extra one.

I would absolutely love it if our first three look something along the lines of what you are thinking.
Harvitz81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:59 AM   #20
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Ya know, you guys that are looking at OL drafted high might have the right picture. I'd like to see the D built up strong in this draft for the future, but judging by the lack of OL FA's and the attention to DL FA's, maybe the strategy will be to go OL heavy so Elevation's and other's strategy holds up.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:41 PM   #21
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Does Micah Johnson's lack of speed concern you at all? I know he was faster at his pro day with a 4.84 40 but that still isn't that great. I would rather find a LB in round 4 where you have Hardesty going and then draft a smaller back like Michael Smith, Brandon James, or Deji Karim. We seem to be missing the Kevin Faulk sized back that McD wants more then a power back. I think that is why he is in love with Arrington.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:52 PM   #22
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:

I'd say a trade back with the Giants to #15, with them including #76 (their 3rd) makes more sense. They need a MLB, if McClain gets past Jacksonville he won't get past Miami, and their 1st and 3rd is ideal value for our 1st.

You'd still be able to get Odrick at #15, though he wouldn't be my pick, but that gets you the extra third the indy deal is shooting for. If Schefter brings back a 4th (I think that is likely) then its very likely you'll be able to move a 3rd and 4th to jump back into the late 2nd.

Personally I'd make that trade with the Giants so they could get McClain, then take the BPA at #15 (Iupati, Sean Weatherspoon, etc.). Then at #45 take Ducasse, Tennant at #76, and then back to BPA with #79.

In reality I think there is a good chance (assuming we get Mawae in house pre-draft) that #45 is earmarked for a WR, either Aurrelius Benn or Demariyus Thomas. We'll then look for the center of the future in the third, Tennant or Walton, whichever one is still on the board.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:45 PM   #23
ELEVATION
GO BIG OR GO HOME NOW

Knee Deep in Crazy land

Adopt-a-Bronco:
JD WALTON

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Does Micah Johnson's lack of speed concern you at all? I know he was faster at his pro day with a 4.84 40 but that still isn't that great. I would rather find a LB in round 4 where you have Hardesty going and then draft a smaller back like Michael Smith, Brandon James, or Deji Karim. We seem to be missing the Kevin Faulk sized back that McD wants more then a power back. I think that is why he is in love with Arrington.
not really he has good game speed my concern with him is his knee injury, but i think he will be fine, and actually a few of us are starting to consider ILB a wash period...perhaps a rush LB but we are more stacked at ILB than people realize....including me up untill a hour ago....

DJ Woodyard, larsen, haggan, griesen, kelly

where as at OLB we have Doom, ayers, reid(come of knee injury), moss camp cut probally...
Old 03-22-2010, 01:47 PM   #24
ELEVATION
GO BIG OR GO HOME NOW

Knee Deep in Crazy land

Adopt-a-Bronco:
JD WALTON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
I'd say a trade back with the Giants to #15, with them including #76 (their 3rd) makes more sense. They need a MLB, if McClain gets past Jacksonville he won't get past Miami, and their 1st and 3rd is ideal value for our 1st.

You'd still be able to get Odrick at #15, though he wouldn't be my pick, but that gets you the extra third the indy deal is shooting for. If Schefter brings back a 4th (I think that is likely) then its very likely you'll be able to move a 3rd and 4th to jump back into the late 2nd.

Personally I'd make that trade with the Giants so they could get McClain, then take the BPA at #15 (Iupati, Sean Weatherspoon, etc.). Then at #45 take Ducasse, Tennant at #76, and then back to BPA with #79.

In reality I think there is a good chance (assuming we get Mawae in house pre-draft) that #45 is earmarked for a WR, either Aurrelius Benn or Demariyus Thomas. We'll then look for the center of the future in the third, Tennant or Walton, whichever one is still on the board.

fair enough and i had the giants deal a month ago, but mcclain i belive is in free fall and that the ginats wont consider him at 15 anymore....bu they also are thijn there so its still a possibility...as for the otehr scenarios good, but i dont plan on marshall going anywhere so i see no need for a WR that high, and if he does we have more picks to work with anyways to still obtain a duccasse/walton or tennant combo
Old 03-22-2010, 02:13 PM   #25
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
not really he has good game speed my concern with him is his knee injury, but i think he will be fine, and actually a few of us are starting to consider ILB a wash period...perhaps a rush LB but we are more stacked at ILB than people realize....including me up untill a hour ago....

DJ Woodyard, larsen, haggan, griesen, kelly

where as at OLB we have Doom, ayers, reid(come of knee injury), moss camp cut probally...
I liked him up till his 40 time. As for rush LB's what are your thoughts on Adrian Tracy, Dane Fletcher, or Arthur Moats? All are undersized speed rushers that would be available late.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: