The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default The Cowboys committed robbery in the Brady trade.

Ouch! Cleveland really got burned.......

Give Jerry Jones credit for convincing Cleveland to give up a pair of premium picks. It's the best trade he's made since Jimmy Johnson's days at Valley Ranch.

That's the case with the 2007 draft-day deal, aka the Brady Quinn Con Job.

The Cleveland Browns gave up on Quinn yesterday, when new management shipped the young quarterback to Denver for a fullback, a sixth-round pick and a conditional draft pick. That's what Cleveland has to show for the high 2007 second-rounder and 2008 first-rounder they gave the Cowboys for the right to draft Quinn with the No. 22 overall pick.

The Cowboys parlayed those picks into two guys who will be core pieces around these parts for a long time. They traded up to get OLB Anthony Spencer in 2007 and drafted Felix Jones with the No. 22 overall pick the next season, after the Browns had surprising success. Spencer and Jones performed like Pro Bowlers down the stretch last season, but they're still just scratching the surface of their potential.

Quinn might develop into a decent quarterback in Denver, but that won't benefit the Browns other than increasing the value of the conditional pick.

The Cowboys strongly considered drafting Quinn, who they ranked as a top-10 value. The reason they didn't is Tony Romo. They wisely figured they'd be better off with two young players who could make an impact instead of a guy who wore a cap and held a clipboard.
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...looking-better
Pony Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2010, 03:28 PM   #2
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Thats why Cleveland is Cleveland.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:40 PM   #3
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I went back and looked at the scouting reports on Quinn...before the 2007 draft. It's interesting to see what was being said. He was a consensus top-10 pick by the gurus and he was primarily compared to Peyton Manning in terms of leadership and preparation. They also spoke highly of his arm strength...said he has a big arm. Additionally, they said that he's great in the pocket. The only knocks on him they had were accuracy when he was under pressure and the fact that he stood in the pocket too long and needed to get rid of the ball sooner on some occassions.

You know...the fact that this kid was sentenced to Cleveland makes me think that we may just have gotten one hell of a deal!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:44 PM   #4
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Thats why Cleveland is Cleveland.
We have Brady Quinn, Dallas has Felix Jones and Anthony Spencer and the Browns have Peyton Hillis....... I see a huge win for everyone.....
Old 03-18-2010, 03:46 PM   #5
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
I went back and looked at the scouting reports on Quinn...before the 2007 draft. It's interesting to see what was being said. He was a consensus top-10 pick by the gurus and he was primarily compared to Peyton Manning in terms of leadership and preparation. They also spoke highly of his arm strength...said he has a big arm. Additionally, they said that he's great in the pocket. The only knocks on him they had were accuracy when he was under pressure and the fact that he stood in the pocket too long and needed to get rid of the ball sooner on some occassions.

You know...the fact that this kid was sentenced to Cleveland makes me think that we may just have gotten one hell of a deal!
hhmmm I also heard people saying he was going to be a bust. I guess we will see.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #6
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:

I agree we got a hell of a deal, but I would trade Brady to Dallas for Jones and Spencer..........just saying Dallas made out like a bandit on this deal.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:49 PM   #7
Jason7730
Seasoned Veteran

It's all Josh's fault!!
Jason7730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:19 PM   #8
ayjackson
Pro Bowler

Not so new to the forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I was thinking about that draft the other day. I think the Cowboys and us might have had consecutive picks (21 and 22?) in the first. We move up and took Jarvis Moss. The Cowboys moved back and took Anthony Spencer and Felix Jones.

It's why I hate moving up. There were a lot of guys in that Moss, Spencer, Abiamiri talent level in that draft and we got enamoured by one of them for some reason.
ayjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:33 PM   #9
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:

That's pretty much everything I've read about Quinn up to this point.

I really like the trade. Sucks to lose Hillis, but the way I see it, we gave up a 3rd/4th string running back in exchange for, at the very least, a solid backup QB with franchise potential.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:39 PM   #10
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

I believe the pick that became Kevin Kolb was linked to that trade.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:52 PM   #11
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
I believe the pick that became Kevin Kolb was linked to that trade.
Yep, I think the Eagles traded back with the Cowboys. Gave the Cowboys their first, Cowboys took Spencer, Eagles took Kolb in early 2nd.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:27 PM   #12
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

The Chiefs Suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Whatever. The Browns got Peyton Hillis so it's pretty much a wash.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:55 PM   #13
Chief Macho
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Brady Quinn makes me embarrased to be a Bronco fan. Seriously, there's no defending this douche to my friends. I've been telling people I'm ordering Quinn half shirts.
Chief Macho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:17 PM   #14
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Macho View Post
Brady Quinn makes me embarrased to be a Bronco fan. Seriously, there's no defending this douche to my friends. I've been telling people I'm ordering Quinn half shirts.
Quit being a drama queen.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:19 PM   #15
Pool
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Give Quinn a chance before throwing him under the bus.
Pool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:14 PM   #16
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:

Probably the same thing was said about my high school classmate Rob Johnson.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:47 PM   #17
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

I don't know why eveybody hates Quinn, he's not the TE, hate him.

Quinn is a stud.

Too bad Beavis has harmed the offense.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote