The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2010, 02:02 PM   #1
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default What does this mean for Tony Scheffler

The Hillis talk is dizzying, lets talk Tony.

What do you think will happen to him? Draft day trade?

Career

2009 stats.

2008 stats.

What does all this mean for me?
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2010, 02:09 PM   #2
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:11 PM   #3
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

He's a Bus Cook guy isn't he? I have to assume Bus is shopping him around. I doubted anyone would offer sheet him, but it's surprising silence, I thought someone would have at least been interested in trading for him. Probably gets packaged in one of McDaniels' draft day move ups, if he's not gone before then.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:12 PM   #4
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21’s No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

It's going to be tough to trade Scheffler this year because this is a very deep draft for TE's. We will be lucky to get a 4th rounder for him.
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:20 PM   #5
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

I didn't realize what a Charger killer that guy was. Take away the 2nd matchup from last year, in which Simms started and the offense as a whole couldn't get it together, and he has the following numbers over their last three matchups:

17 catches
240 yds
4 TDs
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:35 PM   #6
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

I guess not much of a market for a te who doesnt block and drops more then a few passes.
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:35 PM   #7
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

He's staying put. They put the 2nd round tender on him instead of the original round tender (2nd as well) which would give him extra $$$ this year. I would say it's 70/30 that he stays a Bronco this year. Unless someone is giving us a 2nd for him and that ain't happening.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:46 PM   #8
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

He's staying put this year. Although, I could see him playing for the Jets, Phins, Chiefs, Lions or Bucs.

Bears have Olson
Skins have Cooley
Saints have Shockey
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:50 PM   #9
Dukes
Ring of Famer

I'd take a 4th for him. It's going to be a simular situation next year as Hillis last year, he won't play much.
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:01 PM   #10
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
He's staying put this year. Although, I could see him playing for the Jets, Phins, Chiefs, Lions or Bucs.

Bears have Olson
Skins have Cooley
Saints have Shockey

I would add Seattle to that list. Then signed Watson, but Scheffler fits their offense better and knows Bates.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:11 PM   #11
chaz
highly touted recruit

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Bruton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I didn't realize what a Charger killer that guy was. Take away the 2nd matchup from last year, in which Simms started and the offense as a whole couldn't get it together, and he has the following numbers over their last three matchups:

17 catches
240 yds
4 TDs
Pretty much on par for what all TEs do to the chargers...
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:12 PM   #12
chaz
highly touted recruit

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Bruton

Quote:

Bears have Olson
Skins have Cooley
Saints have Shockey
Lions have Pettigrew.
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:22 PM   #13
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
He's a Bus Cook guy isn't he? I have to assume Bus is shopping him around. I doubted anyone would offer sheet him, but it's surprising silence, I thought someone would have at least been interested in trading for him. Probably gets packaged in one of McDaniels' draft day move ups, if he's not gone before then.
Better for agent to not push the talk on tv etc if he knows his client not worth much. I'd say 9 out of 10 yrs you can find a TE as good as Sheff either in draft or FA. He just won't be valued much.

What he is good for is maybe moving up in a round. Another team my value you him enough to do that. Or maybe a low pick like a 5ht rounder.

I'd be shocked if we got a 3rd etc for him. He's just sort of a good receiver, not great. Sort of a crappy blocker but sometimes a decent one. Not really sure how well he plays on ST but I can't remember him either making plays there, or missing plays.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:23 PM   #14
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

I can find plenty of TE with 5-6-7 big games over 2-3 yrs. I don't think the fact that Scheff had some big games makes him a starter. I think overall hes been average.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:30 AM   #15
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Ship his b**** ass off for whatever we can get.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:33 AM   #16
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Ship his b**** ass off for whatever we can get.
I love you that you woke up with a hangover and got mad at a bunch of threads. That'll be tomorrow for me. Ah, St Patrick's day, like the Superbowl, an excuse for Americans to get drunk! Of course, Scots and Irish don't really need an excuse...
Old 03-17-2010, 10:41 AM   #17
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Haha, I'm just messing around. I'm not really angry. I was last night. This is the first time I've had a bad hangover in several years. I don't usually get them, but the Electric Six played here last night and I got my groove on. I should drink some Powerade and make food here soon. I gotta either **** or fart, and I'm not sure which it is. Good thing I just bought this netbook so I can **** or fart on the toilet and still access the Mane. Godbless technology.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:45 AM   #18
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Maybe we'll keep him now that we have Quinn, his favorite target was KW2 (man it's tough to not make a joke about Brady Quinn liking tight ends....)
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:47 AM   #19
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Haha, I'm just messing around. I'm not really angry. I was last night. This is the first time I've had a bad hangover in several years. I don't usually get them, but the Electric Six played here last night and I got my groove on. I should drink some Powerade and make food here soon. I gotta either **** or fart, and I'm not sure which it is. Good thing I just bought this netbook so I can **** or fart on the toilet and still access the Mane. Godbless technology.

You should have done one or both by now...

Old 03-17-2010, 10:53 AM   #20
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Old 03-17-2010, 10:54 AM   #21
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
The Hillis talk is dizzying, lets talk Tony.

What do you think will happen to him? Draft day trade?
I guess that will depend on how big of a flaming douche he really was.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:02 AM   #22
Denver724
Ring of Famer

They say this years TE draft class is so deep that starters can be found in the 5th and 6th round.
Denver724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:08 AM   #23
chex
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Bears have Olson
Skins have Cooley
Saints have Shockey
The Bears are looking to get rid of Olsen since Martz feels he doesn't fit his system. They signed Brandon Manumaleuna, but I can see Cutler telling Martz how great his good buddy would be there.
chex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:19 AM   #24
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Well, about 4 days ago I was saying that Scheffler to CLE for Quinn would have made sense.

Now that they have Watson, among the "other development", it's tough to figure out a good spot for Scheffler to end up.

Maybe Miami? They don't have great options at TE and a reliable pass catcher would help their young QB. Parcells probably prefers someone who can block though.

Atlanta as someone to groom behind Gonzalez for Ryan?

Baltimore? Heap has been done for a while, and while they've helped Flacco by acquiring Boldin and retaining Mason, still could use the big guy to stretch the seams.

Dunno, just throwing possible teams out there. Problem is that all those teams really value their draft picks and building their teams that way.
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:29 AM   #25
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

I don't know if there's ever been a current Bronco I've despised more than Tony Scheffler. It goes all the way back to the Chargers game in '07 when after getting beat down 41-3 at home, he was on Cutler's show the next day bragging about how awesome it was that he blocked a punt in garbage time. Later that year in the Houston game, he celebrated like a jackass after scoring a TD that I believe needed review because he fumbled as he was crossing the goal-line (and I believe we were getting schlacked that game too). My level of hatred reached a new level in 2008 when after getting beat down by the Panthers, he gave an Ian Gold-esque comment to Vic Lombardi - "Well, we only had to win one of the last three games to get in." The boiling point was during the Cutler drama when he whined to Gil Brandt about how cut-throat McDaniels was in tearing down the "#2 offense". Tony later was the only player I know of to publically b**** about the Cutler trade, not-to-mention whine about the lack of passing to the TE in an interview with Sirius. So then, since he can't be moved, he's on the team and McDaniels integrates a split-out TE for the first time in his offense to accomodate Tony and he does an interview with The Fan during the middle of the ****ing season when he basically says he wants out and the next week is on the sideline of a freaking game talking about how badly he wants out. Factor in that he's a made-of-glass p***Y and you can see why I can't stand the guy and would've preferred he go untendered and leave rather than leave the possiblity he come back. **** you Tony.

Sorry SoCal, you're still my boy, and if his wife sits near us again I'll continue to cheer sarcastically (Inside joke).
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote