The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 09:38 PM   #1
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos
 
The MVPlaya's Avatar
 
out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,383
Default Schefter on Brandstater: the best chance of being a long-term answer

Adam Schefter

Of all the QBs now on Denver's roster, the one that might have the best chance of being a long-term answer is QB Tom Brandstater.


RT @steveely42 Hope you expand on the Brandstater point ... Have just heard enough to think he has a chance -- a real chance -- to make it.

Bold is Schefter
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2010, 09:40 PM   #2
Paladin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,307
Default

Time and chance happens to all men......
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:40 PM   #3
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,939

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

He looks the part. Hopefully another year of seasoning with McD and McCoy will result in substantial improvements in his game.
__________________


BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #4
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,723

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

i started a opst about this earlier.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=90032

predictably, haters think hes not praising brandstater but knocking KO and BQ. which doesnt make much sense given the context of those posts, but they will believe what they want.

i still like TB.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:06 PM   #5
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Couldn't find any pre-season film....but here's his Fresno St highlights.


DenverBrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:08 PM   #6
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Florida_Bronco's Avatar
 
Coming Back Strong in 2014

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 13,852

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter
Default

With Orton and Quinn on the team, Brandstater's chances of being the answer are very slim. Still, nothing is impossible.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:22 PM   #7
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,373

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Apparently, Brandstater is not pushing to compete. I think we can count him out.
Cito Pelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:31 PM   #8
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,640

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Apparently, Brandstater is not pushing to compete. I think we can count him out.
What do you mean?
Is he not pushing because he doesn't want to, or because he has not truly been put in a situation to compete?

In my opinion, this could be a 3-man race for the starting job at QB.

Quinn is a lateral move at best, still he has better intangibles than Orton and only time will tell.

Brandstater will not be content to be the back-up if he can help it.
Mcdaniels owes the guy a chance to compete. He didn't draft the guy to leave him in obscurity.
Brandstater should come out this year to compete for the starting job with Orton and Quinn.

Can the best man actually win the job on the field?
That's a question we will have to judge for ourselves when we get there...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:31 PM   #9
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,207

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Apparently, Brandstater is not pushing to compete. I think we can count him out.
Really? I wonder how you found that out. Brandstater not pushing for a job in the NFL? Because you can't just sit back and think you have even a back up job in the bag. Not in this league. You have to compete every day to keep your job in the NFL, and I don't think Tom is any different. He wouldn't be in the NFL right now if he wasn't a competitor. Until I see a direct credible quote from Tom himself that he feels he can't win a starting job here, your comments are garbage.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:33 PM   #10
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,723

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster69 View Post
What do you mean?
Is he not pushing because he doesn't want to, or because he has not truly been put in a situation to compete?

In my opinion, this could be a 3-man race for the starting job at QB.

Quinn is a lateral move at best, still he has better intangibles than Orton and only time will tell.

Brandstater will not be content to be the back-up if he can help it.
Mcdaniels owes the guy a chance to compete. He didn't draft the guy to leave him in obscurity.
Brandstater should come out this year to compete for the starting job with Orton and Quinn.

Can the best man actually win the job on the field?
That's a question we will have to judge for ourselves when we get there...
quinn has better intangibles? are you kidding? go read the **** everyone has ever said about orton, intangibles are not his problem. you know that means stuff that you cant measure right?
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:34 PM   #11
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"
 
watermock's Avatar
 
"Hug me!"

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hot Springs, Ouachitah
Posts: 76,813
Default

People forget we could still trade McNeckBeard for less than a first.

Last edited by watermock; 03-15-2010 at 10:37 PM..
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:37 PM   #12
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,373

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Really? I wonder how you found that out. Brandstater not pushing for a job in the NFL? Because you can't just sit back and think you have even a back up job in the bag. Not in this league. You have to compete every day to keep your job in the NFL, and I don't think Tom is any different. He wouldn't be in the NFL right now if he wasn't a competitor. Until I see a direct credible quote from Tom himself that he feels he can't win a starting job here, your comments are garbage.
Could be. We'll find out by next year this time.
Cito Pelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:44 PM   #13
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,207

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Could be. We'll find out by next year this time.
We might find out he got beat out by one of the other guys but no way does Tom come out and say "hey, I just don't have what it takes to compete". Especially against Orton and Quinn. Geez, it's not as if he were sitting at #2 or #3 with Manning as the starter. I'm sure he has all the confidence he needs to think he can compete for the starting job.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:47 PM   #14
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,640

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
quinn has better intangibles? are you kidding? go read the **** everyone has ever said about orton, intangibles are not his problem. you know that means stuff that you cant measure right?
No, I'm not kidding.
Yes, Quinn has more intangibles and better tangibles than Orton in any day of the week.
Quinn has a heart and passion for the game, he can move, he can improvise and seems to have a better sense of where to go with the ball when everything else around him collapses.
Orton can't do that.
The fact that Quinn was brought in, it just tells you how much the organization thinks of Orton...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:49 PM   #15
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,723

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster69 View Post
No, I'm not kidding.
Yes, Quinn has more intangibles and better tangibles than Orton in any day of the week.
Quinn has a heart and passion for the game, he can move, he can improvise and seems to have a better sense of where to go with the ball when everything else around him collapses.
Orton can't do that.
The fact that Quinn was brought in, it just tells you how much the organization thinks of Orton...
no, it shows you how much they think fo the QB they cut right after they brought quinn in.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:08 PM   #16
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,207

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
no, it shows you how much they think fo the QB they cut right after they brought quinn in.
I think both. They for sure didn't like Simms but if Orton really lit it up last year I doubt Quinn would have been brought over.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:35 PM   #17
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,640

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
no, it shows you how much they think fo the QB they cut right after they brought quinn in.
That's irrelevant to the reality of the current situation.
No one ever believed Simms was going to stick around anyway.
The Orton situation was that he's not the long-term answer this organization is thinking of.
That's the bottom line, snd not that we cut Simms
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:13 AM   #18
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza
 
Baba Booey's Avatar
 
HURRY HURRY!

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North of the Wall
Posts: 2,041

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock View Post
People forget we could still trade McNeckBeard for less than a first.
You rang?
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:14 AM   #19
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Florida_Bronco's Avatar
 
Coming Back Strong in 2014

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 13,852

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I think both. They for sure didn't like Simms but if Orton really lit it up last year I doubt Quinn would have been brought over.
I think it just shows how badly McD wanted Quinn. Quinn was his original target when Cutler went up for trade and made attempts after that to acquire him.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:17 AM   #20
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

I think both Quinn and Brandstater have solid upside. I'd like to see them duke it out in pre-season/training camp!
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:44 AM   #21
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza
 
Baba Booey's Avatar
 
HURRY HURRY!

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North of the Wall
Posts: 2,041

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
I think both Quinn and Brandstater have solid upside. I'd like to see them duke it out in pre-season/training camp!
Agreed. I'm looking forward to seeing what both can do - Quinn with an actual NFL team in front of him and Brandstater with a year in the league under his belt.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:01 AM   #22
lostknight
In The Arena
 
lostknight's Avatar
 
ohwaitwtf

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,336

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Bronco View Post
I think it just shows how badly McD wanted Quinn. Quinn was his original target when Cutler went up for trade and made attempts after that to acquire him.

McDaniels has denied that publicly several times according to the Denver Post.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:47 AM   #23
broncofan7
Ring of Famer
 
broncofan7's Avatar
 
BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BIG D
Posts: 6,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
McDaniels has denied that publicly several times according to the Denver Post.
You haven't learned yet that if McD's mouth is moving he is lying? He is shifty eyed and sports a forked tognue....FLbronco is right. It is obvious now that we maintained that interest in Quinn--and I for one am glad that he did.
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:51 AM   #24
Hamrob
All-American!
 
Hamrob's Avatar
 
All-American!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 5,793

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

I hate to say this...because I have no patience...but, whether it's Orton or Quinn, you have to give them time to develop.

I'm not an Orton advocate...but, he played o.k. last year (his first year in the system) and he'll only be better this year (IMO). Orton has at least started a couple full seasons.

As for Quinn, if we go that direction, we need to give the kid at least a couple full seasons to see whether he can develop. You can't just learn how to read NFL defenses on tape...you have to experience it and allow the game to slow down for you. That only comes from being on the field and taking your lumps...something he hasn't been afforded to this point.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:05 AM.


Denver Broncos