The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2010, 10:52 AM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default the real news a lot of us have been waiting for

Adam_Schefter
Of all the QBs now on Denver's roster, the one that might have the best chance of being a long-term answer is QB Tom Brandstater.

Adam_Schefter
RT @steveely42 Hope you expand on the Brandstater point ... Have just heard enough to think he has a chance -- a real chance -- to make it.
11 minutes ago via web
Reply Retweet
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2010, 10:55 AM   #2
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

to me, this means that schefter heard from within the organization that the team got a gem in brandstater. he is obviously a very smart person, who was working on his masters his final year of college. hes a bit older, but thats only a bad thing if it tkaes him 2-3 more years to develop, not a bad thing in that his maturity level is probably good.

hes got the physical tools to do everything on the field. quinn, well we didnt give much for him and hes a far, far better backup than simms, but i am wondering if we are really surprised by brandstater this year or next year.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:56 AM   #3
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Only time will tell
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:57 AM   #4
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I have to say, doesn't surprise me much, of the 3 we have he is the most physically gifted and he didn't waste his formative years QB wise on a ****ty team. This is a guy who is learning the right way from good people.
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:59 AM   #5
Gort
Ring of Famer

Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
to me, this means that schefter heard from within the organization that the team got a gem in brandstater. he is obviously a very smart person, who was working on his masters his final year of college. hes a bit older, but thats only a bad thing if it tkaes him 2-3 more years to develop, not a bad thing in that his maturity level is probably good.

hes got the physical tools to do everything on the field. quinn, well we didnt give much for him and hes a far, far better backup than simms, but i am wondering if we are really surprised by brandstater this year or next year.
Quinn seems like a knucklehead to me. he's a QB. he should not be bulking up his body to look like the incredible hulk. the same thing holds with a pitcher in baseball. those positions require flexibility and athleticism, not brawn. he seems to have put vanity in front of competency at his position.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:00 AM   #6
TheDave
Sauced...

Trading for Quinn does not bode well for "Brandy"... If he really was the future, then the smart thing to do is let him battle Orton for the #1 job this year. Bringing in another potential #1 will only limit his reps in practice.

This isn't Schefter giving building up TB... It's a back hand at KO and BQ
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:01 AM   #7
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:

That's not giving him the credit he deserves. Cutler is also a better backup than Simms.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:02 AM   #8
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Mock would be a better backup than Simms, for crying out loud.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:05 AM   #9
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
Trading for Quinn does not bode well for "Brandy"... If he really was the future, then the smart thing to do is let him battle Orton for the #1 job this year. Bringing in another potential #1 will only limit his reps in practice.

This isn't Schefter giving building up TB... It's a back hand at KO and BQ
read schefters quotes again, he didnt say that quinn and orton suck, he said brandstater has a real chance to make it in this league.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:06 AM   #10
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
Quinn seems like a knucklehead to me. he's a QB. he should not be bulking up his body to look like the incredible hulk. the same thing holds with a pitcher in baseball. those positions require flexibility and athleticism, not brawn. he seems to have put vanity in front of competency at his position.
just because youre bigger doesnt mean you are less flexible or athletic. especially when you are only quinns size, and hes not that big.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:08 AM   #11
Gort
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
just because youre bigger doesnt mean you are less flexible or athletic. especially when you are only quinns size, and hes not that big.
it does actually adversely affect the throwing motion.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:09 AM   #12
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
I was going to say the same thing. Donovan McNabb, for example, has really bulked up since he entered the league.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #13
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
i really, really, really dont believe this, especially when you dont have gary valentino arms. its not like hes loading up with synthol every week, adding some size to your arms isnt going to negatively affect how you play the game.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #14
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
read schefters quotes again, he didnt say that quinn and orton suck, he said brandstater has a real chance to make it in this league.
"the one that might have the best chance of being a long-term answer is QB Tom Brandstater."

I did... IMO that isn't support for TB it's a no confidence vote on the other 2
Old 03-15-2010, 11:13 AM   #15
Gort
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
i really, really, really dont believe this, especially when you dont have gary valentino arms. its not like hes loading up with synthol every week, adding some size to your arms isnt going to negatively affect how you play the game.
it affects the range of arm motion. especially bulking up your lats and such. i knew some guys who played football in college but who had been baseball players when they were younger, and a couple of them told me they couldn't throw a baseball as well or as hard after bulking up for football. my background was in baseball mostly, so i always knew that stretch and flexibility mattered more than strength when throwing, though it's not bad to have a naturally strong throwing arm. throwing a football has got to be impacted the same way.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:15 AM   #16
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Quote:
Did Daryl Hackney throw funny? He's probably the most muscle-bound qb i've ever seen.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:21 AM   #17
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
it affects the range of arm motion. especially bulking up your lats and such. i knew some guys who played football in college but who had been baseball players when they were younger, and a couple of them told me they couldn't throw a baseball as well or as hard after bulking up for football. my background was in baseball mostly, so i always knew that stretch and flexibility mattered more than strength when throwing, though it's not bad to have a naturally strong throwing arm. throwing a football has got to be impacted the same way.
Umm this is true only if you don't work on your flexibility.

Just because you bulk up, doesn't mean you have to stop stretching etc. There are plenty of people with bulk who are just as flexible and even more so with those that aren't.

You don't know what you're talking about.
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:23 AM   #18
Gort
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr007 View Post
Umm this is true only if you don't work on your flexibility.

Just because you bulk up, doesn't mean you have to stop stretching etc. There are plenty of people with bulk who are just as flexible and even more so with those that aren't.

You don't know what you're talking about.
thanks professor a-hole. i'll be sure to clear all future posts with you in advance.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #19
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
thanks professor a-hole. i'll be sure to clear all future posts with you in advance.
I wasn't being an a-hole or suggesting that. You are saying bulk and amount of flexibility go hand in hand, which they do not.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:27 AM   #20
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
This makes no sense at all. Just because the guy is cut up doesn't mean he is less flexible or mobile. Quite the contrary, actually.

The guy is 6'4" 235lbs. Not exactly so bulky he cant wipe his own ass. He just looks bigger because he has a low body fat percentage.

Jay Cutler is 6'3" and 233, but he's a chub. Everybody had a boner for how mobile and athletic he was and he was practically the same size as Quinn except more fat and less muscle.

Donovan McNabb is 6'2" and 240. He's got lots of muscle, but is still one of the more athletic QBs in the league even at his age.

Baseball and pitchers are completely irrelevant.
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:27 AM   #21
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
And to Tsiguy's point, he isn't overly bulky. He pretty much has a perfect body for an athlete to maintain optimal strength combined with flexibility.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:29 AM   #22
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

You all have been waiting for Shefter to tell you we keep trading for crap QBs? I thought that was obvious.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:32 AM   #23
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Tom Brandstater will be 26 in October and Brady Quinn will be 26 in October. Quinn wasn't brought in to fight for the number two job. If Quinn plays up to his hype coming out of college, Brandstater will never see the field.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #24
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Tom Brandstater will be 26 in October and Brady Quinn will be 26 in October. Quinn wasn't brought in to fight for the number two job. If Quinn plays up to his hype coming out of college, Brandstater will never see the field.
"Brandy" couldn't pass Simms on the depth chart... If that doesn't tell us something about his future I don't know what does.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:35 AM   #25
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
age is one thing working against him, but tahts the thing, quinn has played in the league and the team has seen what he can do. brandstater is still a mystery, he could be a total stud if given the time to play or develop. will be interesting to see how they work on quinn and brandstater will keeping orton as starter.