The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2010, 08:01 AM   #1
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland
Default Prisco on Bronco Trades

Sorry if it's been posted elsewhere:

Broncos Fleece Browns:
The Denver Broncos have made some strange moves over the past two years (See Jay Cutler).

But they made a good one Sunday.

They acquired a potential franchise quarterback in Brady Quinn for essentially a ham sandwich. That's not to disrespect running back Peyton Hillis, the man the Broncos traded to the Browns to get Quinn. But let's face it: The asking price was reasonable.

The Browns also get a sicth-round pick in this year's draft and a conditional 2012 pick, which is probably late-round selection that can improve if Quinn becomes a starter.

If he does, the Broncos fleeced the Browns.

Quinn has had some tough moments with the Browns, but he's never really been given much to work with or been truly given the keys the car.

He will compete with Kyle Orton in Denver, and here's a guess that Quinn pushes Orton for the starting job.

The one knock on Quinn is that he didn't let it go last season, that he wouldn't make the chance throw. He has to do more of that. But once he gets around a better offense, I think he’ll do more of that.

I still can't believe the Browns are willing to play with Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace. Did they watch tape from 2009?

Unless they draft a guy in the first round, the Browns will be a disaster in 2010

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...;entry20460771

Why did Broncos cut Davis?
Posted on: March 11, 2010 6:45 pm

The Denver Broncos have done some good things this off-season. Adding defensive linemen Jamal Williams, Jarvis Green and Justin Bannon will help their run defense.

So why did they release starting linebacker Andra Davis Thursday?

Davis is good against the run, but he's always struggled when matched in pass coverage. The Broncos need more athletic ability inside, which is why they probably cut Davis loose.

I think it's a strange move. Davis was a productive player for them last season. If you're trying to improve the run defense, why let him go?

Then again, this Broncos regime doesn't do things we expect. After all, they did trade Jay Cutler.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...tryListMiniCnt
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2010, 08:05 AM   #2
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

we gave up 2011 6th
tsiguy96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:21 AM   #3
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Two cutler mentions in a single article. Rub it out, Pete.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:31 AM   #4
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

I'm not a big fan of ham sandwiches.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:32 AM   #5
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
we gave up 2011 6th
That's what I thought too but Peter King said the same thing( 6th this year) and I heard this year on Sirius NFL radio this morning.

BTW Sirius radio says we got an absolute steal with the Quinn deal.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:34 AM   #6
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

schefter said 2011 6th rounder. theres really no one else you need to hear it from, hes not wrong often.
tsiguy96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:42 AM   #7
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
I'm not a big fan of ham sandwiches.
How about bacon and egg sandwiches?

A good point from the article was the one knock on Quinn was he didn't "let it go", meaning he wasn't firing the ball all over the place. It's a valid criticism.

OTOH, he wasn't an INT machine either, which is often the other side of the coin.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:00 AM   #8
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

We got a decent backup QB for a guy that was on the bubble and two very late round picks at less than a million for two years. Given Orton's injury history it was a good call especially considering how badly Simms choked.

Not a bad deal, but the real test is going to come next year when Quinn should be ready to compete for the starting job.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:03 AM   #9
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
How about bacon and egg sandwiches?

A good point from the article was the one knock on Quinn was he didn't "let it go", meaning he wasn't firing the ball all over the place. It's a valid criticism.

OTOH, he wasn't an INT machine either, which is often the other side of the coin.
the thing with Quinn not airing it out in my opinion is similar to the reasons of Orton not airing it out much.

With Quinn there was bad protection and pretty piss poor playmakers to even bother gambling.

While with Orton there was no time to find a deep route and let it rip.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:07 AM   #10
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by orinjkrush View Post
Sorry if it's been posted elsewhere:

Broncos Fleece Browns:
The Denver Broncos have made some strange moves over the past two years (See Jay Cutler).

But they made a good one Sunday.

They acquired a potential franchise quarterback in Brady Quinn for essentially a ham sandwich. That's not to disrespect running back Peyton Hillis, the man the Broncos traded to the Browns to get Quinn. But let's face it: The asking price was reasonable.

The Browns also get a sicth-round pick in this year's draft and a conditional 2012 pick, which is probably late-round selection that can improve if Quinn becomes a starter.

If he does, the Broncos fleeced the Browns.

Quinn has had some tough moments with the Browns, but he's never really been given much to work with or been truly given the keys the car.

He will compete with Kyle Orton in Denver, and here's a guess that Quinn pushes Orton for the starting job.

The one knock on Quinn is that he didn't let it go last season, that he wouldn't make the chance throw. He has to do more of that. But once he gets around a better offense, I think he’ll do more of that.

I still can't believe the Browns are willing to play with Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace. Did they watch tape from 2009?

Unless they draft a guy in the first round, the Browns will be a disaster in 2010

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...;entry20460771

Why did Broncos cut Davis?
Posted on: March 11, 2010 6:45 pm

The Denver Broncos have done some good things this off-season. Adding defensive linemen Jamal Williams, Jarvis Green and Justin Bannon will help their run defense.

So why did they release starting linebacker Andra Davis Thursday?

Davis is good against the run, but he's always struggled when matched in pass coverage. The Broncos need more athletic ability inside, which is why they probably cut Davis loose.

I think it's a strange move. Davis was a productive player for them last season. If you're trying to improve the run defense, why let him go?

Then again, this Broncos regime doesn't do things we expect. After all, they did trade Jay Cutler.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...tryListMiniCnt
I thought it was a conditional 6th in the 2011 draft...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:26 AM   #11
TonyR
Franchise Poster

...the Broncos gave up a sixth-round pick in the 2011 draft and a conditional pick in the 2012 draft.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/ci_14674932#ixzz0iGNyAJZi
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:07 AM   #12
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
the thing with Quinn not airing it out in my opinion is similar to the reasons of Orton not airing it out much.

With Quinn there was bad protection and pretty piss poor playmakers to even bother gambling.

While with Orton there was no time to find a deep route and let it rip.
It's a good deal. Quinn does have some upside. I have to say I ragged on Quinn some in Baja's thread, currently on page two, but to get Quinn for basically nothing I like it. He's an OK NFL starter with some upside.

I like the fact he's not an INT machine. I don't have a problem with QB's that are smart enough to be careful with the ball when they're overmatched.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote