The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2010, 12:51 AM   #1
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default What Brady Quinn has to say...

Transcript of Brady Quinn's exclusive interview with the Plain Dealer
By Mary Kay Cabot, The Plain Dealer
March 14, 2010, 9:44PM

Associated PressBrady Quinn was traded to the Broncos today, and leaves the Browns with mixed emotions.CLEVELAND -- Former Browns quarterback Brady Quinn, who was traded to the Denver Broncos today for running back Peyton Hillis and two future draft picks, talked exclusively to the Plain Dealer today. Here is the transcript:

* "Obviously there are things that are out of my control. It's a great opportunity for me to play under a great coach (Josh McDaniels).''

* "It will be a fresh start for me and great opportunity with a very talented team and it should be a lot of fun.''

* (On starting in Denver?) "At this point, I'm just looking to create a role for myself on the team. Anytime you're in a situation like this, that's all you can really do is just go in there and learn the system, get to know your teammates and coaches, everyone else and that's really my focus right now. All of those things will take care of themselve in the end.''

* (On the Browns turning to Jake Delhomme instead of him)"It's really hard to try to figure out what it is. Coach Mike Holmgren has had a lot of success, and I'm sure the decisions he's making, he's got a lot of reasons for them and he's doing what he wants to with the team. It's not really for me to question. I'm a Bronco and I couldn't be happier to be heading over to Denver. It's a storied organization, and a beautiful city. It will be fun experiencing it and moving on with this part of my life.''

* (On his love affair with Browns fans)"I had a wonderful time in Cleveland and I say that because of the fans -- the fans were so great and everyone was so welcoming and loyal to me. Even though I battled through some tough times, I think the fans stuck with me and I can't thank them enough for all of their support.''

* "I wish things would've worked out differently with Cleveland. I really wanted to be the guy to turn things around and turn the tide, but that's not the situation I'm faced with at this point. All I can do is move on and look toward the future and look toward Denver at this point.''

* (On mixed emotions) "I think you just have to give yourself a dose of reality. Things don't always work out the way you want them to in life. I know God has a plan for me and obviously those plans are leading me out to Denver right now. At this point, I'll just continue to work as hard as I can and do the best I can to get in there and be a catalyst or some sort of positive entity to the Broncos team.''

* (On some sadness to leave) "Obviously not being able to play close to home near my family and not being able to play for the team that you always rooted for growing up -- yea, there's some sadness there, but there's a lot of things that are out of my control, so you can't sit there and think about those kinds of things too much.''

* "The biggest thing for me is being appreciative of the fans. For the time that I was there, I can't thank them enough for their support. They're as loyal as can be. They'd always keep us in games even when we were down, helped bring us back. Hopefully they'll always continue to have that enthusiasm. It's a great place to play and a great team and organization to be a part of.

* (On receiving a fair shot here?) "Looking at the situation, it's not really for me to decide that. I just wish things would've gone differently in Cleveland. I hope they have success in the future. I hope coach Holmgren can get things turned around for them.''

* (On did he ask for trade) "No, there was no request for a trade. The first I learned about it was when (General Manager) Tom Heckert informed me of it. But when they signed Jake (Delhomme) to the deal they did, the writing was kind of on the wall at that point.''

* "One of the biggest things coming out of this is that you're going to a team that really wants you and came and got you. I'm looking forward to the opportunity. Hopefully I can continue to learn and grow and get better. Hopefully having a coach like coach McDaniels will allow me to do that.''

* (On his confidence)"No matter what the situation, I've always felt confident in my ability and hopefully I'll have the opportunity to show that in Denver.''

* (On his Lis Franc foot injury)"It's doing great. It's really progressed very well. I'm just now coming into 100% recovery and feeling great. I look forward to competing and working with the guys in the offseason workouts (starting this week).''

* (On selling his house here)I did. So I'm happy that worked out as well. Things sort of fell into place.

* "Obviously there's a lot of changes going on and coach mike holmgren has his rhyme and reason. I'm sorry it couldn't have lasted longer.
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2010, 12:55 AM   #2
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Interesting how he kept calling holmgren coach.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:03 AM   #3
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Interesting how he kept calling holmgren coach.

Just a football thing. Any coach to a player is just "coach," working... retired, etc.

If I see Coach Russo on the street tomorrow (my high school coach) ... he's "Coach."

(Only, he passed away... so that would be weird.)
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:46 AM   #4
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Nothing against Cleveland the city but I think he will enjoy the city of Denver a whole lot more. The mountains, the facilities, just everything. I know I am biased having lived in Colorado for half my life, but I've been to Cleveland quite a few times and I would be happy to be going to Denver.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:08 AM   #5
Broncosfreak_56
Concrete Cyanide

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

I hope he can show the potential he had coming out of college and be a good starter for us. I just want a good quarterback that can bring us back with his arm, whether it be Quinn or Orton.
Broncosfreak_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:29 AM   #6
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Holmgren chooses Delhomme over Quinn. That tells you something right there.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:31 AM   #7
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

something that cracks me up about Quinn coming to Denver is that when he was at the draft and kept getting skipped over, my girlfriend was watching with me and she kept telling me that Quinn was going to end up in Denver, and the whole time i just kind of played along with her while in the back of my head thinking she was nuts

i guess she knew something i didn't
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:32 AM   #8
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncosfreak_56 View Post
I hope he can show the potential he had coming out of college and be a good starter for us. I just want a good quarterback that can bring us back with his arm, whether it be Quinn or Orton.
for a QB to be capable of doing that, his offensive line needs to give him the necessary time to get rid of the ball
Old 03-15-2010, 02:43 AM   #9
Broncosfreak_56
Concrete Cyanide

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
for a QB to be capable of doing that, his offensive line needs to give him the necessary time to get rid of the ball
Well, yeah, of course.
Broncosfreak_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:00 AM   #10
anton
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Not really. Holmgen chose Draft Pick QB over Quinn as the future QB. But that Delhomme signing is brutal ..7 mil for a guy that sucked with a great running game and Steve Smith.
anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:16 AM   #11
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Tells you what?

Ro, that is rather doubtful. I do not have a connection to Holmgren's "mind", nor do I have ESP powers, and I do not believe you do, either. Mind-reading is not a facility in great supply anywhere. I sincerely doubt that you or anyone else here has a clear impresion or any real knpowledge as to what Holmgren is/was thinking at this time about Quinn or any other player in his organization.

There are many possible reasons why Holmgren made the move he did. Frankly, I don't really give a crap what those may be, I am not a Browns fan. Nor do I believe that every player that the broncos trade for or acquire, automatically has flaws attached with some conspiracy theory or "hidden meanings" as to the reasons they are now Broncos. It is possible that all players are human beings and therefor vary among themselves along the personality and physical capabilities factors like all people do.

The fact that Holmgren chose to sign Jake D and trade Quinn does not even have to be connected in any causal thought processes. One cannot imply causality from these events.

Therefore, your statement - whispered in a conspiratoial tone - is absurd on the face of it, and rather meaningless on the back of it.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:25 AM   #12
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

Quote:
and not being able to play for the team that you always rooted for growing up
He must have grown up hating the Broncos.
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:45 AM   #13
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Tells you what?

Ro, that is rather doubtful. I do not have a connection to Holmgren's "mind", nor do I have ESP powers, and I do not believe you do, either. Mind-reading is not a facility in great supply anywhere. I sincerely doubt that you or anyone else here has a clear impresion or any real knpowledge as to what Holmgren is/was thinking at this time about Quinn or any other player in his organization.

There are many possible reasons why Holmgren made the move he did. Frankly, I don't really give a crap what those may be, I am not a Browns fan. Nor do I believe that every player that the broncos trade for or acquire, automatically has flaws attached with some conspiracy theory or "hidden meanings" as to the reasons they are now Broncos. It is possible that all players are human beings and therefor vary among themselves along the personality and physical capabilities factors like all people do.

The fact that Holmgren chose to sign Jake D and trade Quinn does not even have to be connected in any causal thought processes. One cannot imply causality from these events.

Therefore, your statement - whispered in a conspiratoial tone - is absurd on the face of it, and rather meaningless on the back of it.
I see all these words, and I marvel at how they manage to say absolutely nothing.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:41 AM   #14
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blart View Post
He must have grown up hating the Broncos.
He probably did but only b/c it was the popular thing to do. It's kind of like a Bronco fan that was born in the 90's. He probably just barely got into football in the late 90's. So he hates the Chefs and the Raiders b/c it's programmed, but doesn't remember the Chefs ever being that good and only a season or two of the Raiders being good. His real hatred is the Chargers.

Brady Quinn was probably born right around 1985-1986. He probably knows the stories and has obviously seen the drive... but he didn't live through it, so his hatred for the Broncos wouldn't be developed per se, but rather programmed.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:33 AM   #15
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

I don't care one way or another about this trade. Coach Walrus isn't exactly GM of the century. In fact he's been a failure.

Last edited by Garcia Bronco; 03-15-2010 at 08:52 AM..
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:02 AM   #16
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Thats what i think as well
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:31 AM   #17
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

That Cleveland is going QB early in this draft, and signed Delhomme to "oversee" the building project so "building block A" doesnt get their teeth kicked in.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:34 AM   #18
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
That Cleveland is going QB early in this draft, and signed Delhomme to "oversee" the building project so "building block A" doesnt get their teeth kicked in.

7 million a year to oversee a building project, well hell I need one of those jobs
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:39 AM   #19
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Quote:
It tells you that Holmgren is going to draft a young QB and ride Del-homey this year because he doesn't want to hitch his wagon to another regime's young QB...much like McD didn't want to hitch himself to Jay c. Trading for a 1st round QB from 3 years ago for a backup FB and some low grade picks is agreat for adding depth to our QB position. Jay C he is not--but he is more mobile than Orton and has more experience than Tom B.
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:41 AM   #20
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Nothing against Cleveland the city but I think he will enjoy the city of Denver a whole lot more. The mountains, the facilities, just everything. I know I am biased having lived in Colorado for half my life, but I've been to Cleveland quite a few times and I would be happy to be going to Denver.
there are a lot of FA who came from other cities and after playing in Denver a few seasons made the city their permanent home.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:43 AM   #21
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:

i agree, and Delhomme is one of those guys who looks terrible one week and then the next is awesome. Holmgren is hoping Delhomme has a decent season while the team is grooming his replacement.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:43 AM   #22
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
About who is the question.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:27 AM   #23
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
I'm a Bronco and I couldn't be happier to be heading over to Denver. It's a storied organization, and a beautiful city. It will be fun experiencing it and moving on with this part of my life.'
Thank you Brady Quinn for saying the right thing here. Makes me want to root for him already.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:51 AM   #24
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Thank you Brady Quinn for saying the right thing here. Makes me want to root for him already.
It's easy to say the right thing when it's the truth.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:51 AM   #25
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
He didn't choose Delhomme over Quinn per-se.
Quinn was going to be out of Cleveland no matter who they've brought in.

What is interesting to me is that the two QB's which all the chaos was about in Cleveland, are now gone; Brady and Anderson
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote