The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Hillis and picks for Quinn?
Love it 76 28.79%
Like it 123 46.59%
Neutral 22 8.33%
Hate it 14 5.30%
Wait and see 23 8.71%
It's still Griese's fault 6 2.27%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2010, 03:34 PM   #1
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default The 2nd poll: Do you like the trade?

Straight forward.

I've got no problem with it. They didn't give up much, especially if that '12 pick can't be anything higher than a mid-round pick.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2010, 03:36 PM   #2
TheDave
Sauced...

Like it... a FB who was never going to play here and a couple of low round picks for some upside at a position of need.

What's not to like?
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:42 PM   #3
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

It is Brady ****ing Quinn. When you manage to look like one of the worst players on a bad team, how terrible are you?
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:43 PM   #4
chrisp
Friend of the unsung

Not into the football......yet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan

Whilst I am a bit tired of some of the Hillis homers around here who will get sore manginas at this news, I did actually think the guy had some potential. Quinn I'm not sure about - I have a feeling he's only ever going to be a backup to Orton, and there's no clear bonus that he adds - if he was substantially more mobile than Orton then maybe he could add something to the offense.

So overall I think its a fair draft, but I'm still tempted to think that Hillis had the potential to add more to the offense than Quinn does.

Still, with the D-line additions we've made I'm starting to think we may not need an offense anyway.....
chrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:50 PM   #5
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

He can't be any worse than Simms, and with the right coaching and a decent line, maybe he can play better than he has in Cleveland. Who knows, maybe he can develope a good long ball and B-Marsh and him hit it off!
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:50 PM   #6
CEH
Ring of Famer

Think about it for a moment
We traded a 3rd string FB for a QB in the NFL
A 3rd string FB for the most important position in professional football

Yeah not too excited but hey if Josh is excited that's all that counts in 2010
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:50 PM   #7
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

In principle It makes sense. We give up a backup fullback for a second string QB to replace the more expensive Simms.

In practice, I like that Hillis is off the team so his followers will finally shut up about him. However the Quinn hype train is going to take his place.

Also Quinn is really gay.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #8
OrangenBlueOhio
Solid Starter

Orange Crush please, Mr. Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
It is Brady ****ing Quinn. When you manage to look like one of the worst players on a bad team, how terrible are you?
Huh? There were a lot worse looking players on the Browns. And how many games did he actually get in?

I would say your argument works in the reverse, how good can anyone player look on a team like the browns? He has only ever played with some of the worst talent, and worst coaching, in the NFL. Heck he might be the greatest QB to play game if he ever gets in the right situation. The point is nobody knows because he was in CLEVELAND!
OrangenBlueOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #9
mattob14
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Great trade! I like Hillis, but it became obvious last year he wasn't going to play a part in this offense. To turn him, a 6th, and, at most, a future mid-rounder into Quinn, who was very highly regarded only a year or two ago, is a very nice deal. Quinn's still young, more mobile, and has a better arm than Orton, and will be an upgrade to Simms in a worst-case scenario. This also allows the team to focus elsewhere in the draft. All in all, I can't complain about the deal at all.
mattob14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:53 PM   #10
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp View Post
Whilst I am a bit tired of some of the Hillis homers around here who will get sore manginas at this news, I did actually think the guy had some potential. Quinn I'm not sure about - I have a feeling he's only ever going to be a backup to Orton, and there's no clear bonus that he adds - if he was substantially more mobile than Orton then maybe he could add something to the offense.

So overall I think its a fair draft, but I'm still tempted to think that Hillis had the potential to add more to the offense than Quinn does.

Still, with the D-line additions we've made I'm starting to think we may not need an offense anyway.....
I hear where you're coming from, but Quinn is a decent upgrade over Simms. You need to look at this in terms of what the team was going to use. Hillis would not be used. If he was really as "awesome" as everyone insisted there would be better offers and at the very least we would be getting the picks. The other side is we need a backup QB that doesn't suck, so it makes sense in terms of what the Broncos were going to do with the guy.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:53 PM   #11
Arkansas Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Like most moves Im going with wait and see. Some times even pro-bowlers can move to a new team and suck while at the same time what seems like bad players can move and work. Ill give it time. I was never a Hillis homer so we basically traded a back up RB for a QB that was there current back up.
Arkansas Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:53 PM   #12
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Kaylore, so what if he is gay? You homophobic? I will volunteer to protect you from his advances.....
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:54 PM   #13
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
Like it... a FB who was never going to play here and a couple of low round picks for some upside at a position of need.

What's not to like?
This.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:58 PM   #14
titan
Ring of Famer

Fan of Old School Football

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Haven't watched all of this yet but I'm already seeing a better deep arm and more mobility from Quinn than we have in Orton:

titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:01 PM   #15
kappys
Ring of Famer

“It will be of little avail to the

I'm fairly neutral

Hillis has the physical talent to play in the NFL - not as a starter but as a productive 2nd back. Of course that requires that he get his **** together something he clearly was not able to do last year. We already have a decent 2nd back in Buckhalter and possibly JJ Arrington depending on his recovery.

Quinn sucks. I'm really hoping I'm proven wrong, but I just don't see this guy doing much. He may well be better than Simms, but at this moment I would rather see Brandstater at #2 not knowing anything about how he'll perform except from last pre-season over Quinn. However, I hope to be proven wrong. QB's are always a risk but the potential payoff is huge. I know McD liked the guy and this a great price to get a guy that you want on your team.
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:05 PM   #16
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

I am more concern that the trade will stop Denver for getting QB in the draft to develop into a starter then trade of Hillis.

If Cleveland is moving to WCO, Hillis will be nice FB in Rathman mode for them.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:06 PM   #17
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

Quinn may or may not work out...

but for the price, how can i complain?...

the guy was a 1st round pick a couple yrs ago and he played his best in this system...

i like doing this than to give up a 1st day pick for this overhyped QB class...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:06 PM   #18
bloodsunday
Ring of Famer

Nothing lasts forever.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I don't see all that much in Quinn to be excited about. But, they didn't give up much to get him. So I'm neutral to slightly positive.
bloodsunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:07 PM   #19
kappys
Ring of Famer

“It will be of little avail to the

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post
Haven't watched all of this yet but I'm already seeing a better deep arm and more mobility from Quinn than we have in Orton:

Better deep ball accuracy and mobility I agree, but some of those throws made me cringe. Half the highlights are INT's in the NFL. Throwing off his back foot, across his body, into double/triple coverage while scrambling - yikes!
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:19 PM   #20
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I love it. Quinn played for who? The ****ing Browns people!!!

He needs time to learn our offense...which is perfect for him
He's more mobile than Orton
He's got a stronger arm than Orton
He's an upgrade over Simms
He's a potential Star with McDaniels coaching him (IMO)
He does need to be a football player instead of a body builder, but he'll be good
He's 2x that of Clausen and some team wil spend a top 10 pick on Clausen

Absolutely brilliant move by McDaniels...I have to give him his props when they are due...add this to the revamping of the Dline...and he's got an A so far (IMO)

I hate losing Hillis...I think he'll be a stud in Cleveland...he may even play TB there. But, he wasn't going to play in our offense and neither is Scheff unfortunately!

Great deal!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:22 PM   #21
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodsunday View Post
I don't see all that much in Quinn to be excited about. But, they didn't give up much to get him. So I'm neutral to slightly positive.
Watch the film...and then tell me he doesn't have as much potential as Bradford or Clausen.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:23 PM   #22
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappys View Post
Better deep ball accuracy and mobility I agree, but some of those throws made me cringe. Half the highlights are INT's in the NFL. Throwing off his back foot, across his body, into double/triple coverage while scrambling - yikes!

Come on, you mean Navy and Purdue aren't breeding grounds for NFL defenders?
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:24 PM   #23
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
I am more concern that the trade will stop Denver for getting QB in the draft to develop into a starter then trade of Hillis.

If Cleveland is moving to WCO, Hillis will be nice FB in Rathman mode for them.
Why would you draft a QB now?

We have Orton, Brady and Brandstrater...that's a nice mix in my book! We can pick up a street free agent or keep Simms in the mix for camp. Better all around talent then we have in a while at the QB position.

I thin Quinn and Brandstater will really push Orton...
Old 03-14-2010, 04:26 PM   #24
mattob14
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Personally, I think it's a good thing that, in all likelihood, we won't see McD force a pick on a 2nd or 3rd rd QB in a very weak 2010 QB class. If Quinn struggles this year in Denver, then I think you could see a QB drafted in 2011, but I'm actually excited about the fact this should allow the team to focus on both lines and LB in this draft.
mattob14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:30 PM   #25
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

What we gave up in trade for Quinn I am fine with. I'm just no fan of Quinn he is only slightly better then Orton. I want an upgrade QB starter not just upgrade backup spot. Welcome to possibility of rotating qb's joy joy.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote