The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2010, 04:39 PM   #1
BroncoSexyDaddy
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jay Cutler
Default Brandan Graham

Im trying to see how members feel about drafting this guy,could he come in and start on our defense.
BroncoSexyDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2010, 05:34 PM   #2
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Well now that you've provided me with some insight I can't say I'm against it!
:lombardi
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:42 PM   #3
RonDaChamp24
Twitter.com/RonGreco

The Champ is here

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Thomas

He'd be a waste of a pick. He's best suited as a 4-3 DE. He wouldn't even get much PT in Denver, especially after we drafted Ayers last year. Don't get me wrong, Ayers wasn't fantastic but as the season wore on he got better and started most games opposite of Elvis Dumervil. No thanks to Brandon Graham.
RonDaChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:49 PM   #4
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Shabby, not too

I doubt we spend a high pick on an OLB with Doom and Ayers on the roster

I like the player, but dont see it happening
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:49 PM   #5
Ziggy
Pro Bowler

Noob

Graham is a solid player, both against the run and the pass. He has a non-stop motor and a knack for making plays. Good teams take the BPA on thier board. If that player is Graham, then grab him. If the Broncos go into this season without re-signing Elvis, he may not be here next year. It's great to have a pass rusher, but do they really want to franchise him and pay him that much when he's one dimensional?
Ziggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:06 PM   #6
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

I agree with what's been said already. I really like Graham as a player, but I don't see him as a fit on this team. We'd have to convert him to play inside LB or something which wouldn't make sense when you could get Spikes or McClain inside and play them at their natural positions.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:15 PM   #7
BroncoSexyDaddy
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jay Cutler

Being that Graham played DE at Michigan,could he be converted to the 3-4 and play ILb,the position that Andra Davis played.I think he is a difference maker and could help this team win.I dont see it being a wasted pick,if we could get him.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:20 PM   #8
BroncoSexyDaddy
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jay Cutler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I agree with what's been said already. I really like Graham as a player, but I don't see him as a fit on this team. We'd have to convert him to play inside LB or something which wouldn't make sense when you could get Spikes or McClain inside and play them at their natural positions.
I was thinking with McClain having Crohns disease it might effect him at Invesco with the thin air.Clark(Pitts) had some kind of problem adjusting to Denvers altitude. It may be risky drafting McClain playing in Denver.Thats why im thinking Brandan Graham swithing over,kind of like DJ Williams did may work out.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:26 PM   #9
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

i love brandon graham, think lamarr woodley....
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:37 PM   #10
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirMoreno27 View Post
Was Woodley a DE in college? I can't remember/
Old 03-12-2010, 06:41 PM   #11
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
I was thinking with McClain having Crohns disease it might effect him at Invesco with the thin air.Clark(Pitts) had some kind of problem adjusting to Denvers altitude. It may be risky drafting McClain playing in Denver.Thats why im thinking Brandan Graham swithing over,kind of like DJ Williams did may work out.
That might be true regarding McClain, I thought it was a sickle cell issue that Clark had. I have no idea how Crohn's might affect McClain at the next level or more specifically at altitude.

I like Spikes over McClain to begin with, and would much rather we went in that direction than trying to convert a 4-3 DE to ILB. Spikes is a great athlete and plays the game angry. He's a throwback Mike in a 21st century athletic package.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:53 PM   #12
Aftermath
Creep

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Was Woodley a DE in college? I can't remember/
yea he played DE mostly and LB every once in a while, Graham reminds me of him so much....... and donovon warren also was supposed to be a 1st round pick last year, if we could get him like early 3rd/late 2nd i would love that
Old 03-12-2010, 07:08 PM   #13
BroncoSexyDaddy
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jay Cutler

Quote:
yea he played DE mostly and LB every once in a while, Graham reminds me of him so much....... and donovon warren also was supposed to be a 1st round pick last year, if we could get him like early 3rd/late 2nd i would love that
I like Brandan Graham a lot,i think it would be very costly if we dont draft him.He seems like an impact player like Ray Lewis,Dawkins,Porter,and Ed Reed.I say he is worth fitting him in some where in the mix.He looked like the most dominating player at the senior bowl over everyone.I seen this guy everywhere on the field.

I know dumervil would start,couldnt he play one of the other positions in the 3-4.Picture Dumervill and Graham,now thats some pressure.

I also like Golden Tate being drafted,in you Avatar

Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 03-12-2010 at 07:11 PM..
Old 03-12-2010, 07:10 PM   #14
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mister Cobble

You can never have enough pass rushers. 11 seems too early for him, though.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:46 PM   #15
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Yep....I have pretty much seen every game of both their careers and I made that comparison a few years ago.

Some team is going to get a heck of a player with a non-stop motor in Brandon Graham.

My guess is that come draft day, he will be drafted a little higher than most are expecting him to go.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:50 PM   #16
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Graham isn't worth it at #11, but somebody will be jumping the trigger on him as a 3-4 rushbacker somewhere in the middle to end of round one. I think he could even crack the top twenty. Not sure where people have him ranked with Kindle, Hughes, etc. -- but I think he's a very interesting prospect and will be a solid football player.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:51 PM   #17
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
I was thinking with McClain having Crohns disease it might effect him at Invesco with the thin air.Clark(Pitts) had some kind of problem adjusting to Denvers altitude.
You make the jump from a player having a flare-up of sickle cell anemia (something that directly affects the system our body uses to distribute oxygen to our tissues) at altitude to an inflammatory intestinal disease having some type of similar effect. Why?
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:10 PM   #18
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
I like Brandan Graham a lot,i think it would be very costly if we dont draft him.He seems like an impact player like Ray Lewis,Dawkins,Porter,and Ed Reed.I say he is worth fitting him in some where in the mix.He looked like the most dominating player at the senior bowl over everyone.I seen this guy everywhere on the field.
I can see Graham being an impact player, but I think its a pretty large stretch to say it would be costly if we don't draft him.

There will be a number of impact guys taken in this draft, and I think there are guys who could have far greater impact in this system than Graham.

I think that Eric Berry, Brandon Spikes, Mike Iupati, Sam Bradford, CJ Spiller, Dez Bryant, could all be impact players.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:13 PM   #19
Aftermath
Creep

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

i honestly would not be mad at all if we picked him at #11, hes the real deal....
Old 03-12-2010, 08:15 PM   #20
Aftermath
Creep

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

and i wouldnt be mad at all because i know the player will make a huge impact, id rather take a player at 11 that i KNOW will be great than someone im not sure of, graham is one of those players that i just know will be the ****
Old 03-13-2010, 05:54 AM   #21
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Ayers has to make it OLB otherwise he is Jarvis Moss part 2 we have to spend the pick somewhere else i am actually now open to CJ Spiller in the first round

Mike Lupati. love the way he plays He had a hard time with his english though. Can he learn a tough pro offense is where i am with him

DEZ Bryant i would like to see him although i think he is out of the running with his character

CJ SPiller. Yes anothe first round back. like the player.

i would love to see Pouncey.

Man i hope i am right on this but i feel the broncos are gearing up for a trade down.. wouldnt that be great
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:00 AM   #22
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonDaChamp24 View Post
He'd be a waste of a pick. He's best suited as a 4-3 DE. He wouldn't even get much PT in Denver, especially after we drafted Ayers last year. Don't get me wrong, Ayers wasn't fantastic but as the season wore on he got better and started most games opposite of Elvis Dumervil. No thanks to Brandon Graham.
Actually he is best suited to play OLB in a 3-4. Very similar to Woodley or Spencer. I think he'll be a very good player. Guy reminds me a little bit of Elvis as well. The problem we have is we just drafted Ayers in the first round. But, if he somehow makes it to our 2nd round pick, yeah, I'd take him. I think he'll be picked in the 24-28 range and will have 7 or 8 sacs as a rookie and by year three, he'll be in double digits.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:05 AM   #23
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
Ayers has to make it OLB otherwise he is Jarvis Moss part 2 we have to spend the pick somewhere else i am actually now open to CJ Spiller in the first round

Mike Lupati. love the way he plays He had a hard time with his english though. Can he learn a tough pro offense is where i am with him

DEZ Bryant i would like to see him although i think he is out of the running with his character

CJ SPiller. Yes anothe first round back. like the player.

i would love to see Pouncey.

Man i hope i am right on this but i feel the broncos are gearing up for a trade down.. wouldnt that be great

Dez Bryant is getting a bit of a raw deal. Does he have character risks... yes. Are they as bad as everyone is saying, not really. I'm not sure we have the locker room to guide him yet, but if we get rid of a few of the whiners, I think guys like BDawk, Champ, Graham, Orton, and even Moreno can help the guy to understand what hard work and dedication really means. He was always big man on campus and was allowed to not give his best effort. This guy hasn't even touched his potential yet. He has a lot of growing left in him. Of course, he could just as easily flop the second he gets some big $$$ in his pocket. It's a risk to be sure.

As for CJ Spiller... I'd take him no problem. If we stand at #11 I really hope that we go with Trent Williams. Very athletic and can play LG at a very high level from day one. And, he has the feet to play LT or RT should one of those guys (Harris) get injured. At LG, he has the size and athleticism to do a number of different things on that left side.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:43 AM   #24
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

As for Graham, I think he will be a starter in the NFL for his whole career. The Steelers willl probably take him and turn him into a monster that everyone regrets passing on...

That being said, there's no way he would seem to be our target at 11. It just doesn't make sense unless you were swinging a deal for Dumervil behind the scenes.

The more I watch McClain, the more I pray we don't take him at 11 either. I think Spikes will be a better pro, and he can be had in the second round. Although I hate to say this, I think that a Marshall trade that gets us picks at the top of the second round could be huge for the future of the team. There will be several good guard / center options, several d-linemen, several skill players, and several LB's that look to be great impact players in the top of the second.

If they could swing a 14 pick + swap second rounders with Seattle, i'd go for that.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:24 AM   #25
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Brandon Spikes is the LB to get this year.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote