The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2010, 04:08 AM   #1
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default Seahawks cool on Broncos Brandon Marshall?

Seahawks cool on Broncos Brandon Marshall?

As the “Silence from Seattle” continues, the message from Puget Sound reverberates all the way to the Rocky Mountains. The more time passes without the Seahawks submitting an offer sheet, the more they are telling the Broncos they do not want star receiver Brandon Marshall at the expense of the No. 6 overall draft pick. As a first-round tendered, restricted free agent, Marshall was the Seahawks’ guest last weekend in the Seattle area. He flew out there by private jet, then traveled by seaplane to the Seahawks’ headquarters, where the team’s brass awaited on the dock for a welcoming handshake. Marshall told friends that as he flew past Seattle’s Qwest Field, the video board carried the message “Welcome Brandon Marshall.”
Denver Post

http://benmaller.com/nfl/
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2010, 04:18 AM   #2
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Good. I hope he stays a Bronco.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:20 AM   #3
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Sounds like an old gf I once had. Real invitational, but when the time came, the "no sale" sign came out.

I see two possibilities: They want to dicker, or Marshall is in Denver next year, likely at the prepviously offered contract. I can't imagine his agent would settle for the tender amount.....
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:13 AM   #4
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Why do they bring him out for an interview if they don't want him for the 6th? Just wait until we sign and work directly with us for a trade including less than the #6.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:55 AM   #5
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Well the more time that passes without any other teams stepping in, the less chance there is of Seattle signing him to an offer sheet. They will wait till the draft an try to work out a lesser trade for him.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:06 AM   #6
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

I'm getting bored with this s-it...
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:17 AM   #7
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The fact that nobody else seems remotely interested in giving up their 1st rounder for him should tell you everything you need to know Brandon's actual trade value.

No way Seattle is giving us the #6, even getting them to give up the #14 seems highly unlikely at this point.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:19 AM   #8
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

maybe just playin hard to get...
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:54 AM   #9
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

I would rather have the 14 than the 6 pick. Just shows how screwed up the draft pay scale is.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:56 AM   #10
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

my guess is we will own our 14th pick and bmarsh will be a seahawk in the coming weeks.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:28 AM   #11
BroncosSR
Perennial Pro-bowler

Wouldn't be surprised if this happened:

San Diego would sign Marshall to an offer sheet containing terms to which the Seahawks know Marshall will agree. (A poison pill should be included to ensure that the Broncos won't match the offer; arguably, a poison pill must be included to head off an eventual accusation of collusion from the NFLPA.)

The offer sheet would include a provision that defers for five days or after the deal becomes effective the payment of any money, so that the Chargers never have to actually cut a check to Marshall.

Then, after the offer sheet isn't matched and Marshall becomes a Charger and the 28th overall pick flows from San Diego to Denver, the Chargers would send Marshall to Seattle for the 14th overall pick.
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:40 AM   #12
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosSR View Post

San Diego would sign Marshall to an offer sheet containing terms to which the Seahawks know Marshall will agree. (A poison pill should be included to ensure that the Broncos won't match the offer; arguably, a poison pill must be included to head off an eventual accusation of collusion from the NFLPA.)

The offer sheet would include a provision that defers for five days or after the deal becomes effective the payment of any money, so that the Chargers never have to actually cut a check to Marshall.

Then, after the offer sheet isn't matched and Marshall becomes a Charger and the 28th overall pick flows from San Diego to Denver, the Chargers would send Marshall to Seattle for the 14th overall pick.
no one hates the Broncos quite like Mike Florio

Last edited by bronco militia; 03-11-2010 at 07:56 AM..
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:47 AM   #13
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

They're just playing games. The closer it gets to draft day, the higher the temperature goes up. Let's see who can stand the heat. It's like the final scene in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly with the camera going from one set of eyes to the next.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:49 AM   #14
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
I thought Gooddell put an end to this practice.

Anyway, I think the Seahawks are playing hard to get to see how desperate Denver is. I don't believe Denver is desperate. I hope they stand their ground. But I'm wondering if the deal of #14 was offered, which I don't feel is bad at all, although since it is the 6th they would be required to give us, feel they need to add something to that 14.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:52 AM   #15
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The Seahawks had to float the rumor that they were willing to use the #6 to show good faith when they were interviewing him. They didn't actually have to have an intent to use it, just had to float the rumor. Now they've gotten the interview they want and they know they can negotiate for a lesser deal. The Broncos have some deniability if Seattle uses the #6 as it's not technically a trade but if the Broncos would probably be open to any 1st round pick, the Seahawks would get lit up by their fanbase for giving up the 6 when the 14 would've sufficed.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:58 AM   #16
want2bAbronco2
Pro Bowler

He will be traded around draft time. Esp since I have heard a few rumors that Josh is really interested in Clausen.
want2bAbronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:24 AM   #17
TotallyScrewed
Ring of Famer

*Yawn*
TotallyScrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:31 AM   #18
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2bAbronco2 View Post
He will be traded around draft time. Esp since I have heard a few rumors that Josh is really interested in Clausen.
like where?
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:36 AM   #19
meangene
Ring of Famer

As it gets closer to the draft and he does not have an offer sheet, some team with a later first round pick is going to bring him in and present an offer sheet. By waiting, Marshall's contract demands will lessen as he starts to panic at the prospect of returning to Denver at the tender amount. Then, the Seahawks may find themselves with a decision to make on the contract and the pick. I still think he ends up a Patriot. Marshall to NE makes all the sense in the world. Welker is questionable because of the knee and Moss is fading. They also have the structure to handle "problem children" and a history of success doing it. Finally, they can part with a first with three seconds this year and an extra first next year. Seattle should probably not wait too long. At the same time, we should be willing to take #14 at some point before we end up with a later pick.
meangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:47 AM   #20
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2bAbronco2 View Post
come on man, some sort of believable proof or at least a nice story or GTFO with that ****
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:57 AM   #21
Crushisback
Camp fodder

Quote:

Florio is an idiot. The reason Denver is not willing to talk trade with the 14th pick isn't because they're greedy. They are wanting the market for Brandon to set itself. If they offer BM what Bowlen is willing to pay we will match. If not he walks. If we agree on a trade without an offer sheet we have no chance to match. It's funny nobody in the media wants to even consider the Broncos actually want to keep him.

I think our true intentions are to keep BM if the contract suits us. This is the reason for the 1st round tender as opposed to the 1st 3rd. If we had tendered him higher he probably gets no offers, therefor no market is set for him. Now we let him set his price with another team and if we like it we match and everyones happy. If not we still get decent compensation.
Crushisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:38 AM   #22
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushisback View Post
Florio is an idiot. The reason Denver is not willing to talk trade with the 14th pick isn't because they're greedy. They are wanting the market for Brandon to set itself. If they offer BM what Bowlen is willing to pay we will match. If not he walks. If we agree on a trade without an offer sheet we have no chance to match. It's funny nobody in the media wants to even consider the Broncos actually want to keep him.

I think our true intentions are to keep BM if the contract suits us. This is the reason for the 1st round tender as opposed to the 1st 3rd. If we had tendered him higher he probably gets no offers, therefor no market is set for him. Now we let him set his price with another team and if we like it we match and everyones happy. If not we still get decent compensation.
If that's the case, that would be nice.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:53 AM   #23
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushisback View Post

!. Agree that Florio is an idiot, just like Jamie Dukes.

2. Your scenario sounds great, but Marshall may actually want out of town for personal reasons. Like runnng for his life. While he may play patticake publically with the Broncos, I am not sure he feels secure here because of his instigative personality.

3. It is possible that the Broncos would take any first round, but I agree it is an interesting conundrum.

I don't think McD has much interest in Clausen, but may go for Skelton. But you know, what teams will do on draft day is not often advertised on billboards or TV spots or shouted out on the Light Rail so, I'd say, no one knows.....
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:04 AM   #24
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

Turn around is fair play. Isn't Vincent Jackson a RFA too... yah, if the chargers pull that crap, I'd do the same with VJ.

PHHHUUUUK Florio.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:14 AM   #25
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:

You really wouldn't be surprised if this happened? Really? I'd be totally shocked. I also think there would be no way the league would allow it.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote