|03-10-2010, 06:22 PM||#1|
Ring of Famer
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: London, ON
Mock draft gallore
I have 3 different mocks, all hinging on who we pick in the 1st round:
The Williams wall:
1. Dan Williams, NT, I am not sure he is good value at 11, he does seem like a poor mans Ngata, but 3-4 defensive linemen do go higher than they should.
2. Jahvid Best, RB, he is going to be a career rotation guy and he is the perfect fit in a combo with Moreno.
3. Jared Veldheer, OT, with OG potential, he is a big man with big strength but short arms so he should project well to the inside.
4. Walter Thurmond, CB, I like his potential as a 2nd CB.
6. Mike Mclaughlin, ILB, the next Spencer Larsen.
7. Colin Peek, TE, biggish TE who can catch and block.
Iupati for the win:
1. Mike Iupati, OG, would give us the best left side since Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson.
2. Dominique Franks, CB, big cover corner with solid speed.
3. Tyson Alualu, DE, 5 tech DE who could learn behind Green.
4. Ben Tate, RB, fast RB to rotate with Moreno.
6. Freddie Barnes, WR, solid catcher who needs to work on his wiggle.
7. Matt Dodge, P.
1. Rolando Mcclain, ILB, he will be the dynamo that drives a defense.
2. Vladimir Ducasse, OG, huge beast of a player who will dominate on the inside.
3. Brandon Deaderick, DE, run stuffing 5 tech.
4. Torell Troup, NT, huge 2 gap fatbody who just stands around and let people run into him.
6. Eric Olsen, C, slowish but strong C.
7. Deji Karim, RB, undersized but quick guy with ST and scat back potential.
|03-10-2010, 06:30 PM||#2|
Join Date: Sep 2003
I like the third one the best, even though you have the first to McClain. The other 2 lack DL to develop the next 2 years. Time to get them now, in the deepest 3-4 DL draft in recent memory. Not many 4-3 DL out there, but a lot of #-4 DL that can play and learn behind some solid FA signings.
|03-10-2010, 09:32 PM||#4|
Ring of Famer
Join Date: Aug 2007
I'm not a fan of taking a LB in the 1st round. Dan Williams would be the ideal pick, we've had great LB cores here over the years that fall apart at the end of the season cause our DL can't hold up. A good/great DL can make avg LBs look good.