The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2010, 03:14 PM   #1
longtimer
Pro Bowler

Default My 2nd attempt at guessing McDaniel’s picks

I was bored so I threw some darts and came up with these picks.

1st (11th )-OT Bruce Campbell, Maryland -
Height: 6-6. Weight: 314.
Projected 40 Time: 4.94.
Combine 40 Time: 4.85.
Benchx225: 34. Arm: 36 1/4.
Seems like something MCDaniel's would do. Could give us the best set of OT for a decade.

2nd (45th )- OG Vladimir Ducasse, UMass
Height: 6-4. Weight: 332.
Projected 40 Time: 5.40.
Combine 40 Time: 5.21.
Benchx225: 29. Arm: 34 3/4.
Projected Round (2010): 2-3.

Size does matter in MCDaniel's world.

3rd (80th )- NT Linval Joseph, East Carolina
Height: 6-4. Weight: 328.
Projected 40 Time: 5.27.
Combine 40 Time: 5.09.
Benchx225: 39. Vertical: .
Projected Round (2009): 3-4.
Might be able to play DE along with NT

4th (111th )- Riley Cooper, Florida
Height: 6-3. Weight: 222.
Projected 40 Time: 4.45.
Combine 40 Time: 4.52.
Vertical: . Broad: .
Projected Round (2010): 3-4.
Need depth at WR

6- Erik Cook, New Mexico
Height: 6-6. Weight: 318.
Projected 40 Time: 5.30.
Combine 40 Time: .
Benchx225: . Arm: 33 7/8.
Projected Round (2009): 6-7.
Just taking a flyer on a large center

7- Demaryius Thomas, Georgia Tech
Height: 6-3. Weight: 224.
Projected 40 Time: 4.60.
Broke his foot training for the combine Should take 4 to 6 weeks to heal.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1114965

Could be a steal if he is still there in the 7th. Risk reward pick due to the injury.
longtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2010, 03:36 PM   #2
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Demaryius Thomas isn't dropping to the 7th. He will gone late second/early third even with the injury.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:38 PM   #3
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Demaryius Thomas isn't dropping to the 7th. He will gone late second/early third even with the injury.
ya....Thomas in the 7th round is just not a very good mock. sorry!
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:38 PM   #4
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Campbell-too high and McDaniels would never take him, doesnt perform up to his attributes

Ducasse in second....good pick
Joseph in the third.....good pick
Cooper.....good pick
Cook....dont know much about but is a C so i guess good pick
Thomas.....not a chance in hell he lasts till the 7th round, he will be gone by the third round at the latest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtimer View Post
I was bored so I threw some darts and came up with these picks.

1st (11th )-OT Bruce Campbell, Maryland -
Height: 6-6. Weight: 314.
Projected 40 Time: 4.94.
Combine 40 Time: 4.85.
Benchx225: 34. Arm: 36 1/4.
Seems like something MCDaniel's would do. Could give us the best set of OT for a decade.

2nd (45th )- OG Vladimir Ducasse, UMass
Height: 6-4. Weight: 332.
Projected 40 Time: 5.40.
Combine 40 Time: 5.21.
Benchx225: 29. Arm: 34 3/4.
Projected Round (2010): 2-3.

Size does matter in MCDaniel's world.

3rd (80th )- NT Linval Joseph, East Carolina
Height: 6-4. Weight: 328.
Projected 40 Time: 5.27.
Combine 40 Time: 5.09.
Benchx225: 39. Vertical: .
Projected Round (2009): 3-4.
Might be able to play DE along with NT

4th (111th )- Riley Cooper, Florida
Height: 6-3. Weight: 222.
Projected 40 Time: 4.45.
Combine 40 Time: 4.52.
Need depth at WR

6- Erik Cook, New Mexico
Height: 6-6. Weight: 318.
Projected 40 Time: 5.30.
Benchx225: . Arm: 33 7/8.
Projected Round (2009): 6-7.
Just taking a flyer on a large center

7- Demaryius Thomas, Georgia Tech
Height: 6-3. Weight: 224.
Projected 40 Time: 4.60.
Broke his foot training for the combine Should take 4 to 6 weeks to heal.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1114965

Could be a steal if he is still there in the 7th. Risk reward pick due to the injury.
jebures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:21 PM   #5
longtimer
Pro Bowler

I just think that with the push to get biger on the OL. ORT needs to be upgraded that is why I selected a OT at 11 it could be any of the OT that fit the new scheme that could provide value at our 11th pick. Clady has proven that if you want a quality at OT you need to pick them early and this year seems to a good year for it. Ryan Harris does not seem to fit the new bigger OL scheme plus he has missed a lot of games his first three years due to injurys. The first year it was back problems if I rember correctly. Last year he missed at least 4 games due to injury.

Thomas in the 7th was a pipe dream but we have seen other players in the draft slide due to injury if he can not work out prior to the draft who knows if a team will take a shot on him early. I rember Denver drafting CB Willie Midlebrooks with foot or was it an ankle injury that never worked out. that is why I would only want to use a latter round pick on a player who has a major injury.
longtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:40 PM   #6
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I just think that with the push to get biger on the OL. ORT needs to be upgraded that is why I selected a OT at 11 it could be any of the OT that fit the new scheme that could provide value at our 11th pick. Clady has proven that if you want a quality at OT you need to pick them early and this year seems to a good year for it. Ryan Harris does not seem to fit the new bigger OL scheme plus he has missed a lot of games his first three years due to injurys. The first year it was back problems if I rember correctly. Last year he missed at least 4 games due to injury.

Thomas in the 7th was a pipe dream but we have seen other players in the draft slide due to injury if he can not work out prior to the draft who knows if a team will take a shot on him early. I rember Denver drafting CB Willie Midlebrooks with foot or was it an ankle injury that never worked out. that is why I would only want to use a latter round pick on a player who has a major injury.
Campbell is a workout warrior and hasnt done enough to warrent the 11th pick. not even close
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:55 PM   #7
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Harris is big enough for what we want to do, and an excellent all around OT. He's not a guy you look to replace with an early draft choice.

His back problems followed him out of college but he seems to have resolved them. His injury last year was a right big toe separation, a total fluke injury.

Bruce Campbell doesn't fit our style at all (workout warrior) and its Harris' job to lose no matter who we bring in.

You'd have a better argument there with Mike Iupati who can probably move out to RT (so could Kuper) but still provides excellent value at OG if Harris remains healthy.

Bruce Campbell shouldn't be drafted until the middle of round 2.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:06 PM   #8
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Bruce Campbell is not a 1st round pick to any team other than Oakland, his game film is horrible, he is the 2nd coming of Mike Kudla or any of those workout freaks.

Ducasse is a solid choice, he is an inside guy with outside potential.

Linval is a pure NT in my book, too sluggish on the outside, but still a nice pick.

Riley Cooper is from Florida, there is never a good reason to draft a WR from Florida.

I don't think we need 3 offensive linemen in one draft, it just seems like overkill that we end up spending 5 of 6 picks only addressing 2 positions.

I don't see any way Thomas falls to the 7th round, I doubt he even makes it out of the 3rd.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:06 PM   #9
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Riley Cooper is from Florida, there is never a good reason to draft a WR from Florida.
I disagree about Florida receivers as that stigma seems to be dying, but Riley Cooper was a douche. He might have matured in the college but based on how he was when I knew him, he's not someone I'd want on my team.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:25 PM   #10
Triplelefthook
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

honestly guys who are we gonna draft? Are we gonna draft Dez Bryant? He is another diva-WR by most accounts despite his deep threat capabilities. I honestly think, for better or worse, if Spiller is available (and not Suh, G. McCoy, the other supreme top 5 talent) then we will draft him.

what if Spiller, Mccoy, Suh, both Qbs, and Berry are gone and we have decided to keep Marshall?
Triplelefthook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:24 AM   #11
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

A 6'6 Center? I don't know about that. I think you would rather have a guy aroud the 6'3 range around 315. Down on that goal line, you want him to be able to get low. That would be hard to do at 6'6.

I hate the Bruce Campell pick. Harris is not the weak link and do you really want to be paying both your tackles premier contracts? I don't think that's a good choice.

And I agree no way in hell does Thomas fall to the 7th.

Good try - go back and do it again, lol.

Last edited by ZONA; 03-11-2010 at 02:29 AM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:18 AM   #12
uplink
Ring of Famer

agree that OL is very very likely in the 1st
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:47 AM   #13
ayjackson
Pro Bowler

Not so new to the forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplelefthook View Post
honestly guys who are we gonna draft? Are we gonna draft Dez Bryant? He is another diva-WR by most accounts despite his deep threat capabilities. I honestly think, for better or worse, if Spiller is available (and not Suh, G. McCoy, the other supreme top 5 talent) then we will draft him.

what if Spiller, Mccoy, Suh, both Qbs, and Berry are gone and we have decided to keep Marshall?
If those guys are gone, and I couldn't trade back, I'd take Haden. Why would McDaniels give more guaranteed money to Bryant than he would to Marshall. Can't see that pick.
ayjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:57 PM   #14
broncos-rock
Ring of Famer

I think its going to be Weatherspoon in the 1st!
broncos-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:29 AM   #15
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm not one on going for need, especially in the 1st round, but it seems the Broncos just about have to look at OL witth their top pick if not a couple within their first 3 picks.

Guys like Iupati and Pouncey figure to be the guy they take, though not sure at #11 that would be ideal, but if they stay at #11, not sure there is really a much better option.

Sure, McClain gets a lot of talk, if there at #11, but an ILB in a 3-4 worth that high a pick? I suppose if he can make the impact a Ray Lewis, then yeah, but is he going to be that good or anything like that? Seems debate about that.

Trading down seems the best option for the Broncos, but obviously need a trading partner.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: