The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



View Poll Results: Would you want a humbled Brandon.....or the 6th pick?
Gimme the "Beast" with his "A" game 82 79.61%
Too little too late.......gimme the 6th 21 20.39%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
*WARHORSE*
GNASHING OF TEETH
 
*WARHORSE*'s Avatar
 
Let the heads roll.........

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kailua, Hawaii
Posts: 597

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lombardi III
Default Would You Want a Humbled Brandon Marshall?

Im not starting a BM thread just to start one.


Well, maybe I am.


Crap.:coffee:


But in looking at everything that has come to our eyes and ears in the past couple of months, Im thinking Brandon may very well mean it when he says hes willing to play in Denver.

Did the Broncos really offer him a deal worth 9 plus mil a year?

Did he really think he is going to command more?

Does he, or his agent understand just how damaging a little video of him punting balls in practice can be?

Does he really think catching 100 plus balls again erases those images?

Did he really think that coaches who watched McD bench him in the final game were going to look favorably on him because of that? Does he think that MRIs that show no damage on your supposedly injured hamstring doesnt make coaches blink?

And if they do, and they think theres a possibility that you were faking it for your own selfish reasons, dont you know thats a death sentence in most organizations viewpoints?



My thoughts are this: IF, and thats a big IF........Brandon is hearing an offer on the table from Seattle that is not more than what the Broncos offered last year, and hes seeing that no one is jumping through hoops to sign him.......is it possible he is starting to see himself without the #15 sunglasses on?

And if thats the case.....and hes being humbled by it.....is it possible that he can rediscover his early career attitude of wanting to be a HOFer and hunker down and play ball?

IF he gets an awesome deal from Denver, not the mega deal that makes him the highest paid WR in the league, but one like Mr. White in Atlantas, and he ends up being content with that.......TRULY content.....Id love to keep him if he had a new view.

When you dont hear anyone stepping up to the plate to give you 10 million a year.......all of a sudden 9.5 million a year sounds REALLY.......REALLY good doesnt it?


The question is this: If we had a humbled out, team player, hard working Brandon Marshall not only willing to play in Denver but WANTING to play in Denver..........wouldnt this be the best case scenario?



Would you want him in that scenario or the 6th pick?
*WARHORSE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2010, 02:33 PM   #2
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer
 
Cool Breeze's Avatar
 
Broncos Rock!

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: south of town
Posts: 1,222
Default

No brainer - If he kept his nose clean - I would want Brandon everyday!
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #3
jsco70
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 485
Default

Regardless of all that has happened, the Broncos are a better team with him. I'd like to see him come back, grow up, and become the type of player he's capable of.
jsco70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #4
*WARHORSE*
GNASHING OF TEETH
 
*WARHORSE*'s Avatar
 
Let the heads roll.........

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kailua, Hawaii
Posts: 597

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lombardi III
Default

Now I need to ask you another question:


If we had that Brandon......the humbled one......and he was signed long term........what do you think he would do if he found out his fiance, or new bride was out riding other horses?


Do you really think he would be able to keep his anger in check?


Or do you think he would go blank on her?


That scenario is in the minds of every team that looks at Brandon.

Frankly....look at what that would lead to.
*WARHORSE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #5
Paladin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,272
Default

How humbled? Enough to sign the tender and play?
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:36 PM   #6
*WARHORSE*
GNASHING OF TEETH
 
*WARHORSE*'s Avatar
 
Let the heads roll.........

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kailua, Hawaii
Posts: 597

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lombardi III
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
How humbled? Enough to sign the tender and play?
Now THATS humble.


Too humble I think to be a possibility.
*WARHORSE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #7
Paladin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,272
Default

Maybe he does the riding on strange?
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #8
chaz
highly touted recruit
 
chaz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,455

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Bruton
Default

The problem with the contract we offered him had little to do with the yearly salary and much more to do with the almost nonexistant portion of guaranteed money included in it. 9.5M/year is great unless none of it is guaranteed and you blow out your knee in OTAs.
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #9
*WARHORSE*
GNASHING OF TEETH
 
*WARHORSE*'s Avatar
 
Let the heads roll.........

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kailua, Hawaii
Posts: 597

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lombardi III
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Maybe he does the riding on strange?
And then she goes off?

Possible.
*WARHORSE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:40 PM   #10
*WARHORSE*
GNASHING OF TEETH
 
*WARHORSE*'s Avatar
 
Let the heads roll.........

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kailua, Hawaii
Posts: 597

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lombardi III
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
The problem with the contract we offered him had little to do with the yearly salary and much more to do with the almost nonexistant portion of guaranteed money included in it. 9.5M/year is great unless none of it is guaranteed and you blow out your knee in OTAs.

But if no one else is offering you better, or theyre not giving you large guarantees as well......all of a sudden your mindset can take a shift in view.
*WARHORSE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:48 PM   #11
rastaman
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,180

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *WARHORSE* View Post
Im not starting a BM thread just to start one.


Well, maybe I am.


Crap.:coffee:


But in looking at everything that has come to our eyes and ears in the past couple of months, Im thinking Brandon may very well mean it when he says hes willing to play in Denver.

Did the Broncos really offer him a deal worth 9 plus mil a year?

Did he really think he is going to command more?

Does he, or his agent understand just how damaging a little video of him punting balls in practice can be?

Does he really think catching 100 plus balls again erases those images?

Did he really think that coaches who watched McD bench him in the final game were going to look favorably on him because of that? Does he think that MRIs that show no damage on your supposedly injured hamstring doesnt make coaches blink?

And if they do, and they think theres a possibility that you were faking it for your own selfish reasons, dont you know thats a death sentence in most organizations viewpoints?



My thoughts are this: IF, and thats a big IF........Brandon is hearing an offer on the table from Seattle that is not more than what the Broncos offered last year, and hes seeing that no one is jumping through hoops to sign him.......is it possible he is starting to see himself without the #15 sunglasses on?

And if thats the case.....and hes being humbled by it.....is it possible that he can rediscover his early career attitude of wanting to be a HOFer and hunker down and play ball?

IF he gets an awesome deal from Denver, not the mega deal that makes him the highest paid WR in the league, but one like Mr. White in Atlantas, and he ends up being content with that.......TRULY content.....Id love to keep him if he had a new view.

When you dont hear anyone stepping up to the plate to give you 10 million a year.......all of a sudden 9.5 million a year sounds REALLY.......REALLY good doesnt it?


The question is this: If we had a humbled out, team player, hard working Brandon Marshall not only willing to play in Denver but WANTING to play in Denver..........wouldnt this be the best case scenario?

Would you want him in that scenario or the 6th pick?

Here's the scenario of how Brandon must HUMBLE himself!

Brandon must stay out of trouble off the field. However, he shouldn't be motivated to come in and play HARD and return to his Beastly Performance if he's not getting paid in comenserate with his production on the field over the last 3 years! Denver has already gotten high production off Marshall while paying him peanuts over the last 3 years. Now its time for Marshall to stop givning Denver top 5 WR's performance untill Bowlen pays him for his production. Meaning Marshall should play and perform like a WR in the NFL that is making $3.0 million.

It's obvious the only way now for Brandon to one day receive the contract he desires is not by playing HARD and perhaps risk injury trying to make those YACs into highlight reels, but it comes down to staying healthy and ensuring LONGEVITY.

You play HARD and give it your all b/c you know you have signed the financial secured contract that will take care of him and his family should he suffer a career ending injury btwn 2010, 2011, and 2012.

However, when you sign a series of one year contracts.......your career could end on a single play and poof! There goes the opportunity to land that big contract. Bowlen doesn't want to take the financial risk.....yet Bowlen expects Marshall to take the INJURY RISK every Sunday and on every play over a 16 to 20 week period.

Brandon should now realize that catching over 300 passes in 3 years does not gurantee a top 5 NFL contract. Marshall should concentrate on leaving Denver and doing everything possible to try and have a 13-16 year career in the NFL.

Remember, staying healthy, staying out of trouble off the field and career longevity are the keys that ensures Marshall earns his 10's of millions. Making circus catches, using his size and athletic agility to make YACs to thrill the crowds (who really loath him) and risking injury for a HC and Owner who are low balling him salary wise, should all tell Marshall that he needs to leave Denver ASAP! while continuing to play the game as a business and as if he wants to have a 13-16 year career.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:54 PM   #12
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 7,983
Default

I'd rather have Marshall but, as every day passes I wonder if 6th pick would be better idea longterm. Unless we sign him soon we will be right where we are today but, ufa instead of rfa.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:55 PM   #13
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster
 
Crushaholic's Avatar
 
Get off my lawn, you kids!

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,439

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

There's no doubt he is a talented player. If he stays out of trouble, he could go down as one of the greatest Broncos ever. If he's not willing to stay out of trouble, the headaches caused by him aren't worth it...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:16 PM   #14
rastaman
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,180

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
There's no doubt he is a talented player. If he stays out of trouble, he could go down as one of the greatest Broncos ever. If he's not willing to stay out of trouble, the headaches caused by him aren't worth it...
If he stays out of trouble he may not want be a Bronco anymore. Why would Marshall want to stay in Denver after all that has transpired? There very well could have irreputable damage and harm already done and both sides.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:02 PM   #15
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,194

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

i would love to have talent like Marshall on the team, but it isn't on the field that is a problem for me. outside of the TC instance and final game of the season, on the field the guy has been good for us, and he is generally a good teammate and goes all out on every play.


for me it is his off field bull**** that has him in a situation where he is 1 **** up away from sitting out half a season, and prefering we get the number 6 pick instead of him. sure a humbled Marshall is great during practice and at games, but does it make him any different when he is away from the team?
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:14 PM   #16
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN
 
WABronco's Avatar
 
All dat force

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 5,031
Default

I'm sure this time he'll be humbled.

If humble is even the right word, that is.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:20 PM   #17
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *WARHORSE* View Post
Now I need to ask you another question:


If we had that Brandon......the humbled one......and he was signed long term........what do you think he would do if he found out his fiance, or new bride was out riding other horses?


Do you really think he would be able to keep his anger in check?


Or do you think he would go blank on her?


That scenario is in the minds of every team that looks at Brandon.

Frankly....look at what that would lead to.

what would any man do?
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:00 PM   #18
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,029
Default

I'll take the 100+ catches year in and year out over an unproven first round pick.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:07 PM   #19
NYBronco
Ring of Famer
 
NYBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 2,990
Default

I'll take a chance on an unproven first round pick without character issues. BM has proven his high risk off the field actions to the point of not being on the field when the team needs him.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:09 PM   #20
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,751

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

There is no right answer here. However the favorable option is Brandon learns to control himself as a peson and player and he gets paid.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:21 PM   #21
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser
 
Bronco Boy's Avatar
 
Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York. **** you too.
Posts: 2,000

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

No, because the next day he would go back to being a selfish prick.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:22 PM   #22
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vail
Posts: 16,189

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Honestly, I think Marshall gets an undeserved bad rep. There are definitely some things wrong with him, and when thrust into fame and fortune as he has been, things can get to your head. But I really don't see a head case in BM - I see a guy who genuinely wants to do the right thing, and I think as he grows up and matures as a person, he will be an extremely scary player for opposing defenses.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:23 PM   #23
Natedog24
Ring of Famer
 
Natedog24's Avatar
 
Win The Day

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 2,189

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

If you could guarantee me that BM wanted to be here and help bring a Superbowl to Denver, then hell yes he is absolutely worth keeping here. However, I find it hard to believe that he wants to be in Denver at this point based on his past actions.
Natedog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:23 PM   #24
OrangeShadow
armed
 
and dangerous

Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,757
Default

Hell yeah i want brandon on this team
OrangeShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:26 PM   #25
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,248

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

He's gone a year without getting into any kind of trouble.
That must feel like a lifetime to him

Let's hope he doesn't start going into withdrawals anytime soon.
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:52 AM.


Denver Broncos