The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Would you want a humbled Brandon.....or the 6th pick?
Gimme the "Beast" with his "A" game 82 79.61%
Too little too late.......gimme the 6th 21 20.39%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
*WARHORSE*
GNASHING OF TEETH

Let the heads roll.........

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lombardi III
Default Would You Want a Humbled Brandon Marshall?

Im not starting a BM thread just to start one.

Well, maybe I am.

Crap.:coffee:

But in looking at everything that has come to our eyes and ears in the past couple of months, Im thinking Brandon may very well mean it when he says hes willing to play in Denver.

Did the Broncos really offer him a deal worth 9 plus mil a year?

Did he really think he is going to command more?

Does he, or his agent understand just how damaging a little video of him punting balls in practice can be?

Does he really think catching 100 plus balls again erases those images?

Did he really think that coaches who watched McD bench him in the final game were going to look favorably on him because of that? Does he think that MRIs that show no damage on your supposedly injured hamstring doesnt make coaches blink?

And if they do, and they think theres a possibility that you were faking it for your own selfish reasons, dont you know thats a death sentence in most organizations viewpoints?

My thoughts are this: IF, and thats a big IF........Brandon is hearing an offer on the table from Seattle that is not more than what the Broncos offered last year, and hes seeing that no one is jumping through hoops to sign him.......is it possible he is starting to see himself without the #15 sunglasses on?

And if thats the case.....and hes being humbled by it.....is it possible that he can rediscover his early career attitude of wanting to be a HOFer and hunker down and play ball?

IF he gets an awesome deal from Denver, not the mega deal that makes him the highest paid WR in the league, but one like Mr. White in Atlantas, and he ends up being content with that.......TRULY content.....Id love to keep him if he had a new view.

When you dont hear anyone stepping up to the plate to give you 10 million a year.......all of a sudden 9.5 million a year sounds REALLY.......REALLY good doesnt it?

The question is this: If we had a humbled out, team player, hard working Brandon Marshall not only willing to play in Denver but WANTING to play in Denver..........wouldnt this be the best case scenario?

Would you want him in that scenario or the 6th pick?
*WARHORSE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2010, 02:33 PM   #2
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer

Broncos Rock!

No brainer - If he kept his nose clean - I would want Brandon everyday!
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #3
jsco70
Seasoned Veteran

Regardless of all that has happened, the Broncos are a better team with him. I'd like to see him come back, grow up, and become the type of player he's capable of.
jsco70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #4
*WARHORSE*
GNASHING OF TEETH

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lombardi III

Now I need to ask you another question:

If we had that Brandon......the humbled one......and he was signed long term........what do you think he would do if he found out his fiance, or new bride was out riding other horses?

Do you really think he would be able to keep his anger in check?

Or do you think he would go blank on her?

That scenario is in the minds of every team that looks at Brandon.

Frankly....look at what that would lead to.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #5
Paladin
Ring of Famer

How humbled? Enough to sign the tender and play?
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:36 PM   #6
*WARHORSE*
GNASHING OF TEETH

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lombardi III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
How humbled? Enough to sign the tender and play?
Now THATS humble.

Too humble I think to be a possibility.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #7
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Maybe he does the riding on strange?
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #8
chaz
highly touted recruit

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Bruton

The problem with the contract we offered him had little to do with the yearly salary and much more to do with the almost nonexistant portion of guaranteed money included in it. 9.5M/year is great unless none of it is guaranteed and you blow out your knee in OTAs.
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #9
*WARHORSE*
GNASHING OF TEETH

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lombardi III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Maybe he does the riding on strange?
And then she goes off?

Possible.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:40 PM   #10
*WARHORSE*
GNASHING OF TEETH

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lombardi III

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
The problem with the contract we offered him had little to do with the yearly salary and much more to do with the almost nonexistant portion of guaranteed money included in it. 9.5M/year is great unless none of it is guaranteed and you blow out your knee in OTAs.

But if no one else is offering you better, or theyre not giving you large guarantees as well......all of a sudden your mindset can take a shift in view.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:48 PM   #11
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by *WARHORSE* View Post
Im not starting a BM thread just to start one.

Well, maybe I am.

Crap.:coffee:

But in looking at everything that has come to our eyes and ears in the past couple of months, Im thinking Brandon may very well mean it when he says hes willing to play in Denver.

Did the Broncos really offer him a deal worth 9 plus mil a year?

Did he really think he is going to command more?

Does he, or his agent understand just how damaging a little video of him punting balls in practice can be?

Does he really think catching 100 plus balls again erases those images?

Did he really think that coaches who watched McD bench him in the final game were going to look favorably on him because of that? Does he think that MRIs that show no damage on your supposedly injured hamstring doesnt make coaches blink?

And if they do, and they think theres a possibility that you were faking it for your own selfish reasons, dont you know thats a death sentence in most organizations viewpoints?

My thoughts are this: IF, and thats a big IF........Brandon is hearing an offer on the table from Seattle that is not more than what the Broncos offered last year, and hes seeing that no one is jumping through hoops to sign him.......is it possible he is starting to see himself without the #15 sunglasses on?

And if thats the case.....and hes being humbled by it.....is it possible that he can rediscover his early career attitude of wanting to be a HOFer and hunker down and play ball?

IF he gets an awesome deal from Denver, not the mega deal that makes him the highest paid WR in the league, but one like Mr. White in Atlantas, and he ends up being content with that.......TRULY content.....Id love to keep him if he had a new view.

When you dont hear anyone stepping up to the plate to give you 10 million a year.......all of a sudden 9.5 million a year sounds REALLY.......REALLY good doesnt it?

The question is this: If we had a humbled out, team player, hard working Brandon Marshall not only willing to play in Denver but WANTING to play in Denver..........wouldnt this be the best case scenario?

Would you want him in that scenario or the 6th pick?

Here's the scenario of how Brandon must HUMBLE himself!

Brandon must stay out of trouble off the field. However, he shouldn't be motivated to come in and play HARD and return to his Beastly Performance if he's not getting paid in comenserate with his production on the field over the last 3 years! Denver has already gotten high production off Marshall while paying him peanuts over the last 3 years. Now its time for Marshall to stop givning Denver top 5 WR's performance untill Bowlen pays him for his production. Meaning Marshall should play and perform like a WR in the NFL that is making $3.0 million.

It's obvious the only way now for Brandon to one day receive the contract he desires is not by playing HARD and perhaps risk injury trying to make those YACs into highlight reels, but it comes down to staying healthy and ensuring LONGEVITY.

You play HARD and give it your all b/c you know you have signed the financial secured contract that will take care of him and his family should he suffer a career ending injury btwn 2010, 2011, and 2012.

However, when you sign a series of one year contracts.......your career could end on a single play and poof! There goes the opportunity to land that big contract. Bowlen doesn't want to take the financial risk.....yet Bowlen expects Marshall to take the INJURY RISK every Sunday and on every play over a 16 to 20 week period.

Brandon should now realize that catching over 300 passes in 3 years does not gurantee a top 5 NFL contract. Marshall should concentrate on leaving Denver and doing everything possible to try and have a 13-16 year career in the NFL.

Remember, staying healthy, staying out of trouble off the field and career longevity are the keys that ensures Marshall earns his 10's of millions. Making circus catches, using his size and athletic agility to make YACs to thrill the crowds (who really loath him) and risking injury for a HC and Owner who are low balling him salary wise, should all tell Marshall that he needs to leave Denver ASAP! while continuing to play the game as a business and as if he wants to have a 13-16 year career.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:54 PM   #12
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

I'd rather have Marshall but, as every day passes I wonder if 6th pick would be better idea longterm. Unless we sign him soon we will be right where we are today but, ufa instead of rfa.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:55 PM   #13
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Get off my lawn, you kids!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

There's no doubt he is a talented player. If he stays out of trouble, he could go down as one of the greatest Broncos ever. If he's not willing to stay out of trouble, the headaches caused by him aren't worth it...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:16 PM   #14
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
There's no doubt he is a talented player. If he stays out of trouble, he could go down as one of the greatest Broncos ever. If he's not willing to stay out of trouble, the headaches caused by him aren't worth it...
If he stays out of trouble he may not want be a Bronco anymore. Why would Marshall want to stay in Denver after all that has transpired? There very well could have irreputable damage and harm already done and both sides.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:02 PM   #15
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

i would love to have talent like Marshall on the team, but it isn't on the field that is a problem for me. outside of the TC instance and final game of the season, on the field the guy has been good for us, and he is generally a good teammate and goes all out on every play.

for me it is his off field bull**** that has him in a situation where he is 1 **** up away from sitting out half a season, and prefering we get the number 6 pick instead of him. sure a humbled Marshall is great during practice and at games, but does it make him any different when he is away from the team?
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:14 PM   #16
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

I'm sure this time he'll be humbled.

If humble is even the right word, that is.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:20 PM   #17
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by *WARHORSE* View Post
Now I need to ask you another question:

If we had that Brandon......the humbled one......and he was signed long term........what do you think he would do if he found out his fiance, or new bride was out riding other horses?

Do you really think he would be able to keep his anger in check?

Or do you think he would go blank on her?

That scenario is in the minds of every team that looks at Brandon.

Frankly....look at what that would lead to.

what would any man do?
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:00 PM   #18
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

I'll take the 100+ catches year in and year out over an unproven first round pick.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:07 PM   #19
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

I'll take a chance on an unproven first round pick without character issues. BM has proven his high risk off the field actions to the point of not being on the field when the team needs him.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:09 PM   #20
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

There is no right answer here. However the favorable option is Brandon learns to control himself as a peson and player and he gets paid.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:21 PM   #21
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

No, because the next day he would go back to being a selfish prick.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:22 PM   #22
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Honestly, I think Marshall gets an undeserved bad rep. There are definitely some things wrong with him, and when thrust into fame and fortune as he has been, things can get to your head. But I really don't see a head case in BM - I see a guy who genuinely wants to do the right thing, and I think as he grows up and matures as a person, he will be an extremely scary player for opposing defenses.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:23 PM   #23
Natedog24
Ring of Famer

Win The Day

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

If you could guarantee me that BM wanted to be here and help bring a Superbowl to Denver, then hell yes he is absolutely worth keeping here. However, I find it hard to believe that he wants to be in Denver at this point based on his past actions.
Natedog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:23 PM   #24
OrangeShadow
armed

and dangerous

Hell yeah i want brandon on this team
OrangeShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:26 PM   #25
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

He's gone a year without getting into any kind of trouble.
That must feel like a lifetime to him

Let's hope he doesn't start going into withdrawals anytime soon.
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote