The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2010, 08:54 PM   #1
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES

Default Which hawaiian island do you prefer and why?

Thinking about going there sometime in the near future......... have a free air ticket to use up (and yes i can use it to hawaii)

Never been there, but doing a little research on them.

Ill be mainly playing golf, the other person that would be going would be mostly interested in beaches.

From what im reading, it seems like Kauai, maui, or the big island might be the best? I am really against oahu because i dont want it to be all crowded, i want a nice relaxing time and to play on a course that isn't so packed that they dont mind if i go off by myself. any suggestions?

Last edited by PaintballCLE; 03-08-2010 at 09:11 PM..
PaintballCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2010, 08:57 PM   #2
Zoobie
Love Machine

The John Fox trot

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

I'm not sure about golfing accommodations but Maui is amazing. Great beaches, great food, and very kickback. Don't go to Oahu it's L.A. on a raft.
Zoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:58 PM   #3
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Maui...wow!

Road to Hana...the sunrise at the dormant volcano...the island is breath taking.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:01 PM   #4
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Been to all of them...Maui is by far my favorite. We go every year. Specifically stay and golf in southern Maui. Makena and Wailea are the best spots.

By the way stay at the Fairmont or the Four Seasons when there...both our favorites, nothing else comes close.

Kuai is very high end with not many amenities...its where all the stars stay and the most remote. I thought Maui gave a nice blend of gorgeuos countryside, awesome beaches and rain forrests. I'd go to Kuai for a honeymoon and Maui to golf and play at the beach.

Last edited by Broncojef; 03-08-2010 at 09:05 PM..
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:07 PM   #5
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I've only been to Maui and it was amazing. It's hard to imagine a bad Island to visit though. Leaving sucked we about missed the shuttle to the air port because we drank to much by the pool. I got to Salt Lake and it was cold, when I got to Billings it was snowing and I was still in my swim trunks.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:11 PM   #6
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Maui's my favorite.

Oahu was too built up for my taste. Kauai was absolutely awesome, I just wish there were a few more places to eat/go out to. Maui wasn't as crowded as Oahu, but a bit more built up than Kauai. It was a good blend.

I don't think you can go wrong with either Maui or Kauai.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:12 PM   #7
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I've been to Oahu, Molokai, Maui, and the Big Island.

Depends on what you like.

Oahu is just like a mini LA, but good parties.

Molokai is pretty barren, but is known for it's coral, which is cool for scuba.

Maui has a pretty good mix of them all - you can go to Molokai, they've got luaus, and shopping and good restaurants. Stay at the Hyatt Regency and when it gets dark take some girls to the grotto by the private beach. During the day, the back end of the grotto has a sweet waterfall for jumping.

The Big Island is more adventurous. That is, stuff like wilderness excursions, chopper tours, para sailing/gliding.

Hope that helps.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:16 PM   #8
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Maui by far.

Kaanapali Hyatt is my favorite resort. Good value, great beach/pool, easy access to both Wailea & Kapalua for golf, walking distance to Whaler's Village for bars/Restaurants (along the beach), good snorkeling nearby, etc.

The main four 'touristy' things to do are all great & don't feel tourist trappy....
Iao Valley park, Road to Hana, Sunrise Mt. bike ride down Haleakala & Catamaran snorkeling trip to Lanai.

Hyatt usually has good 'breakfast included' package deals. Upgrade to concierge level if you can. Also, if you are renting a car...insist on a convertible.

Have fun!
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:20 PM   #9
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
Maui by far.

Kaanapali Hyatt is my favorite resort. Good value, great beach/pool, easy access to both Wailea & Kapalua for golf, walking distance to Whaler's Village for bars/Restaurants (along the beach), good snorkeling nearby, etc.

The main four 'touristy' things to do are all great & don't feel tourist trappy....
Iao Valley park, Road to Hana, Sunrise Mt. bike ride down Haleakala & Catamaran snorkeling trip to Lanai.

Hyatt usually has good 'breakfast included' package deals. Upgrade to concierge level if you can. Also, if you are renting a car...insist on a convertible.

Have fun!
Is that the Hyatt in Maui?

I thought it was in Lahaina...

Nevertheless, I concur. In Hawaii, the Hyatt is the place to stay.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:22 PM   #10
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Old 03-08-2010, 09:27 PM   #11
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

That's the one.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:28 PM   #12
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf View Post
Is that the Hyatt in Maui?

I thought it was in Lahaina...

Nevertheless, I concur. In Hawaii, the Hyatt is the place to stay.
Yes....Same place. Forgot to even mention how close it is to Lahaina as well.

I've been on 3 land based trips to Hawaii. Twice to Hyatt Regency Ka'anapali & once to Waikiki. Also took a NCL cruise with stops @ Oahu, Hilo (Big Island) & Kauai.

The Hyatt @ Ka'anapali is just about perfect IMO. Location/Value/Service/Amenities can't be beat all things considered.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:35 PM   #13
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I have never been to Hawaii but I did smoke some weed called Maui Wowie the other day and got a real good and stoned. It is the kind of high that makes it hard to get your pecker up around the babes. It is that damn paralyzing. Felt like I was a leaf flying through a valley. This bud is 4 u.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:43 PM   #14
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I've only been to the Big Island, and I have trouble imagining anywhere else being better. I have heard that Maui is amazing, though.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:46 PM   #15
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

You should skip Hawaii and come visit me in the Virgin Islands this summer. We'll make sure they're no longer named the Virgin Islands anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I have never been to Hawaii but I did smoke some weed called Maui Wowie the other day and got a real good and stoned. It is the kind of high that makes it hard to get your pecker up around the babes. It is that damn paralyzing. Felt like I was a leaf flying through a valley. This bud is 4 u.
On second thought. Why don't you visit me while I'm studying abroad this fall at Maastricht University in the Netherlands.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:46 PM   #16
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Kauai is my favorite because it is magical.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:47 PM   #17
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
Maui by far.

Have fun!
That's the the hotel that has the pool bar in the cave right? I'm pretty sure that is the one I stayed in. I thought the hotel nearest to Whaler's Village had better beaches the the one I stayed at just because during high tide they seemed to have more beach. The snorkeling out side our place was great though. Saw turtle's and a tons of fish. Pretty much everything I saw on a boat tour that cost me $100 bucks

Some advise about snorkeling rent good gear that doesn't allow water to go down the air tube at a shop and take them with you if you go on a tour. Not all boats have the good gear and water gets into your gear. I forgot the gear I rented and ended up with some crap stuff and swallowed a ton of the water. It drains you of energy faster.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:49 PM   #18
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Kauai for adventure, beauty and secluded beaches. Also, they say Hawaii's best golf course is in Princeville.
Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:57 PM   #19
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
On second thought. Why don't you visit me while I'm studying abroad this fall at Maastricht University in the Netherlands.
You're gonna study at Maastricht? That's fantastic. I thought about going there earlier in undergraduate and never ended up doing it. Heard it is not too far by train to Amsterdam. Would be absolutely dope. I'd love to get over there ASAP.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #20
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Big Island. Kona is awesome.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:01 PM   #21
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
You're gonna study at Maastricht? That's fantastic. I thought about going there earlier in undergraduate and never ended up doing it. Heard it is not too far by train to Amsterdam. Would be absolutely dope. I'd love to get over there ASAP.
Yup, Stockholm University didn't offer the classes I needed in English, and Maastricht University has one of the top social sciences programs in Europe.

And yeah, I checked, Amsterdam is a short, 20 euro, train ride away.

Antwerp/Brussels is even closer, and Paris is not too far by train either.

Last edited by Mogulseeker; 03-08-2010 at 10:03 PM..
Old 03-08-2010, 10:02 PM   #22
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Maui!!

And have lunch at Momma's fish house.....it's on the beach, expensive but the setting and view is incredible.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:05 PM   #23
Caligula
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Maui was my favorite. Its what you think of, when you think of Hawaii. It matches the image in your head.
Caligula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:07 PM   #24
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Yup, Stockholm University didn't offer the classes I needed in English, and Maastricht University has one of the top social sciences programs in Europe.

And yeah, I checked, Amsterdam is a short, 20 euro, train ride away.

Antwerp/Brussels is even closer, and Paris is not too far by train either.
Good on you man, I hope you have a blast. If I recall, Maastricht had a study abroad program with my school where I paid the same rate I do here to be over there. I would have went to take some social science courses as well. Sounds like you got a good plan and great time ahead of you. If I had a mulligan I'd go back and be over there.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:11 PM   #25
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Good on you man, I hope you have a blast. If I recall, Maastricht had a study abroad program with my school where I paid the same rate I do here to be over there. I would have went to take some social science courses as well. Sounds like you got a good plan and great time ahead of you. If I had a mulligan I'd go back and be over there.
Yeah, everything will be covered my GPA and major qualified me for the Cherrington Global Scholarship, so I'm set.