The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2010, 09:15 AM   #1
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default Pro days you are waiting for

For me Alabama is a big one since Mcclain didn't work out at the combine, if he runs a 4.50 40 time I doubt we are going to be able to get him at number 11.

Obviously the Bradford workout on the 25th is interesting to see his shoulder.

The Floriday pro day to see how Tebows new throwing works out and how much jizz the national media will gobble down if he looks like he can throw the the ball to stationary targets and recievers moving at half speed.

The Dez Bryant pro day is also going to be interesting, if he puts up a Calvin Johnson like workout some people will jizz their pants.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2010, 10:03 AM   #2
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Here's an article on this topic: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/arti...o-day-workouts

Quote:
Draft Dish: McCoy, Suh among players ready for pro day workouts

Russ Lande

Although the NFL Scouting Combine has come and gone, the scouting process is far from over. Even if a player had a great Combine workout and chooses not to participate in all tests in his on-campus workout, his performance in drills with NFL position coaches is as important as what he did in Indianapolis. However, it is important to remember the pro day workout and a player's Combine performance is only a small part of a player evaluation. NFL teams that rely most heavily on game film are the teams that consistently draft well. Still, a number of NFL prospects have important workouts this week:

Monday

Levi Brown, QB, Troy. He lacks the big-name appeal of Sam Bradford or Jimmy Clausen, but Brown is the best small-school prospect and a legitimate mid-round prospect. With top-notch physical tools, Brown must prove he can do everything he showed on film when dropping back from under center. If he shines in front of NFL personnel men Monday, he could move into the third round.

Tuesday

Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma. McCoy must step up and keep the McCoy-Ndamukong Suh debate alive. Neither created much separation at the Combine, but Suh did have a better workout in Indy. Unless McCoy delivers Tuesday, Suh could well end the defensive tackle debate Thursday.

Rodger Saffold, OT, Indiana. He has moved up draft boards more than any prospect this offseason. He was dominant at the East-West Shrine Game to move into the third round and then performed well at the Combine to move into second-round consideration. With a big on-campus workout, he could move to the top of the second round and many offensive tackles with such grades often go at the end of the first round--see Sam Baker and Duane Brown in '08.

Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma. Many media members say Russell Okung is a lock to be the first offensive tackle drafted, but the debate is far from over. Williams is physically gifted with the thick build and strength to become an elite NFL tackle. He struggled to maintain his weight in college, so it's important for him to show up in great shape and shine in his on-campus workout to ease concerns.

Wednesday

Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State. After missing nearly all of the '09 season and then not working out at the Combine, Bryant must prove he has the elite quickness, explosiveness and speed to maintain his spot atop the receiver rankings.

Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama. Cody is the Tim Tebow of defensive players; opinions as to how successful he can be and where he will be drafted range drastically. After showing up out of shape at 370 pounds at the Senior Bowl, Cody helped himself at the Combine by checking in at 354 pounds and performing well in the double-team drill. To be a second- or third-round pick, he must weigh in Wednesday in the 340s and prove he has the endurance and athleticism to be play more than 15-20 snaps per game.

Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers. His on-field play was inconsistent at times in college, and he has had some weight issues. He was in good shape at the Combine, displaying surprising quickness, flexibility and athleticism. He reminds us of the Ravens' Michael Oher and could move into the middle of the first round with a big pro day.

Mardy Gilyard, WR, Cincinnati. He must excel in his on-campus workout to stay in the mix for a late first-round pick because of his struggles during Senior Bowl practices. Scouts worry that he lacks the explosiveness and consistency catching the ball to be a first-rounder. With a mediocre performance Wednesday, he will drop to the second or third round.

Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama. McClain chose not to workout at the Combine, putting it all on the line in his pro day. Florida's Brandon Spikes could well overtake McClain and be the first inside linebacker drafted, so McClain must run well Wednesday to maintain the top spot on most teams' draft boards.

Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State. Okung--on top of most teams' draft boards throughout the '09 season--must perform well to stay ahead of Trent Williams, Bruce Campbell and Bryan Bulaga. Okung must be consistent in his technique in drills because he was beaten sometimes in '09 by less-athletic pass rushers.

Tony Pike, QB, Cincinnati. Bradford is the best QB in the draft and Clausen is well regarded, but Pike probably has more pure physical talent. Pike must throw with more consistent zip and accuracy Wednesday and prove he has a mental capacity and work ethic to grasp NFL passing concepts when at the blackboard.

Thursday

Mike Iupati, G, Idaho. He is one of the most physically dominant guards to come along in years, but his on-campus workout remains important. First, a number of NFL personnel men say he can play tackle and if able to show elite athleticism his draft stock would move way up because tackles are more valuable. Second, he must prove he can harness his aggressiveness to pass block under better control.

Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska. Suh was rated as the top defensive prospect for most of the '09 season, but in the last month McCoy and Tennessee safety Eric Berry have closed the gap. Suh helped himself with a strong Combine workout and if in positional drills Thursday he answers any questions about his explosiveness and strength, he would lock down the No. 1- or No. 2-overall pick. (Bradford would be the only prospect who could potentially pass him down the stretch.)

Corey Wootton, DE, Northwestern. He is a tall, long-armed and athletic end whose draft stock moved up with so many NFL teams needing ends for their 3-4 scheme. Wootton has a lot to prove before being a first-round pick, though. He must prove he has the passion and competitiveness to be consistently productive in the NFL and show he has the quickness and burst to be effective at end in a 4-3 scheme to maximize his draft stock.
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:05 AM   #3
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm also interested in McClain's workout, for the same reasons.

Also interested to see what happens to Haden's draft stock after he runs another 40. I think it's ridiculous how much value people put in a 40-time (sure that a lot of people in the draft forum feel the same way), so I'm just interested in seeing what happens if he runs a super fast 40, or what happens if he continues to display adequate, but not superb speed.

Same kind of thing for McCluster's work out...just interested in his 40-time even though it doesn't really matter--everyone knows he's fast.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:22 AM   #4
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I'd love to see Bradford's workout. He's supposedly the next great young QB and his workout can solidify his #1 pick to the Rams.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:25 AM   #5
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

NFL | Bradford will not be at Oklahoma Pro Day
Mon, 08 Mar 2010 08:54:55 -0800
Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford will not attend the school's Pro Day Tuesday, March 9. Bradford will work out for NFL teams March 25 in Norman, Okla. Bradford has been given physicals by a number of teams and said he has "passed with flying colors."

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0hcBBlu7r
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:46 AM   #6
Ziggy
Pro Bowler

Noob

If Bradford keeps this up, he'll be available with the 11th pick.
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:25 PM   #7
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
If Bradford keeps this up, he'll be available with the 11th pick.
Nah, he will cream it at his private workout on the 25th, the Rams will pick him.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:15 PM   #8
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/pro-days/

NFL folks give everyone a nice snippet on pro-days
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:39 PM   #9
27atwater
THANK U!

sphincter says "what"?

I'm a homer, but I am interested in Tennessee's pro day. Dan Williams, Eric Berry, Montario Hardesty and even Jonathan Crompton are all intriguing prospects. Then add some of the lesser know like Dennis Rogan and Rico McCoy. Should be worth checking out.
27atwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:37 AM   #10
robbieopperude
Perennial Pro-bowler

Shannon to Canton!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0phr0syne View Post
I'm also interested in McClain's workout, for the same reasons.

Also interested to see what happens to Haden's draft stock after he runs another 40. I think it's ridiculous how much value people put in a 40-time (sure that a lot of people in the draft forum feel the same way), so I'm just interested in seeing what happens if he runs a super fast 40, or what happens if he continues to display adequate, but not superb speed.

Same kind of thing for McCluster's work out...just interested in his 40-time even though it doesn't really matter--everyone knows he's fast.
I watched Haden run and perform drills and he looked slow and stiff in the hips. I was really unimpressed. There is no way he should go in the Top 10. Two very important things for DB's are the ability to turn and run and to have top end speed. He didn't grade out well in either. I think with his resume in college he deserves to go in the 1st but I wouldn't touch him if I was inside the top 10. There is a risk he only turns out to be a nickel back type player with that speed. I would be curious to see tape on how well he played Julio Jones from Alabama and AJ Green of Georgia last year.
robbieopperude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:46 AM   #11
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Fun at the range MAR 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I'd love to see Bradford's workout. He's supposedly the next great young QB and his workout can solidify his #1 pick to the Rams.
Will they be hitting him on his Pro Day? That's really the only knock on this guy, that he's fragile. You won't be able to see anything how he can handle getting hit in the NFL on his Pro Day. I don't think he hurts or helps himself on his Pro Day.

And I'm going to type Pro Day just one more time, since half of my paragraph above are the words Pro Day, lol.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:32 AM   #12
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/29/brad...-crowd-in-awe/

Bradford’s pro day workout leaves crowd in awe

Posted: March 29th, 2010 | Gil Brandt | Tags: Oklahoma Pro Day, Sam Bradford, Troy Aikman

NORMAN, Okla. — Sam Bradford’s workout Monday in front of representatives for all 32 NFL teams at Oklahoma’s pro day almost left me speechless. And that’s saying something.

Bradford threw more than 100 passes during the workout and, in my estimation, didn’t have one that was uncatchable. He moved around well, including throwing on the run out of the pocket, and went through the entire route tree.

It really was a treat to watch, and I think everyone here was in awe of Bradford’s performance. In fact, he put on the best quarterback workout by a draft prospect that I’ve seen since I watched a private workout Troy Aikman put on for us with the Cowboys in California.

If Bradford is feeling the effects of his shoulder injury or is experiencing any weakness, there were no indications of that. He threw with velocity during the entire workout.

Terry Shea, a former college and NFL coach who’s working with Bradford as a quarterback consultant, told me they’ve been together for nine weeks. The first five weeks of workouts, Bradford didn’t even throw. They only worked on footwork because Bradford hadn’t been cleared by doctors yet.

I would imagine that two weeks from now, Bradford’s arm will be even stronger than what we saw. And it was very strong Monday.

– Gil Brandt
Old 03-29-2010, 12:13 PM   #13
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/29/brad...-crowd-in-awe/

Bradford’s pro day workout leaves crowd in awe

Posted: March 29th, 2010 | Gil Brandt | Tags: Oklahoma Pro Day, Sam Bradford, Troy Aikman

NORMAN, Okla. — Sam Bradford’s workout Monday in front of representatives for all 32 NFL teams at Oklahoma’s pro day almost left me speechless. And that’s saying something.

Bradford threw more than 100 passes during the workout and, in my estimation, didn’t have one that was uncatchable. He moved around well, including throwing on the run out of the pocket, and went through the entire route tree.

It really was a treat to watch, and I think everyone here was in awe of Bradford’s performance. In fact, he put on the best quarterback workout by a draft prospect that I’ve seen since I watched a private workout Troy Aikman put on for us with the Cowboys in California.

If Bradford is feeling the effects of his shoulder injury or is experiencing any weakness, there were no indications of that. He threw with velocity during the entire workout.

Terry Shea, a former college and NFL coach who’s working with Bradford as a quarterback consultant, told me they’ve been together for nine weeks. The first five weeks of workouts, Bradford didn’t even throw. They only worked on footwork because Bradford hadn’t been cleared by doctors yet.

I would imagine that two weeks from now, Bradford’s arm will be even stronger than what we saw. And it was very strong Monday.

– Gil Brandt
Unless the Rams trade for McNabb (which I think would be a great move on their part, they can then trade down and really restock) I see them taking Bradford with the #1.

Sure, their gonna have to give the guy a bunch of money with no way to know if he can make it through the preseason without getting injured, let alone the regular season. That being said, how do you pass (pun intended) on Bradford?
Old 03-29-2010, 12:48 PM   #14
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Yeah. I don't doubt that Bradford is the best player for the Rams to take, I just wonder about their Oline situation. I don't think that Bradford is especially fragile (although many others do), but I think it's somewhat inevitable that behind a porous line, a QB will break.

So even if they take him #1, do you throw him out knowing that he has an injury history AND knowing that your O-line is suspect?

Only few QBs are consistently able to take NFL DL poundings on a weekly basis. And even they're either extremely lucky or addicted to painkillers.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:26 PM   #15
Mediator12
OM analyst

Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

This would never happen, but with the Redskins shifting unwisely to the 3-4 defense they could really trade Haynesworth and the fourth for the first and Second of the Rams. The Rams would get the dominant DL they have not had and could then draft Okung @ four or even move back again if someone wants one of the two elite DT's if DET takes Okung to protect Stafford. They could then get another of the talented OL available plus another great pick in this deep draft that they deseperately need.

The Redskins would get the first pick to use on Bradford and two real high Seconds to find the real depth in this draft including a NT for their 3-4.

It makes a ton of sense, but it would also make a huge amount of risk for both teams.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:36 PM   #16
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
This would never happen, but with the Redskins shifting unwisely to the 3-4 defense they could really trade Haynesworth and the fourth for the first and Second of the Rams. The Rams would get the dominant DL they have not had and could then draft Okung @ four or even move back again if someone wants one of the two elite DT's if DET takes Okung to protect Stafford. They could then get another of the talented OL available plus another great pick in this deep draft that they deseperately need.

The Redskins would get the first pick to use on Bradford and two real high Seconds to find the real depth in this draft including a NT for their 3-4.

It makes a ton of sense, but it would also make a huge amount of risk for both teams.
Shanahan kinda hinted in the Washington Post the move 3/4 wasn't set yet. Said they were going to run a lot of 4 man fronts and other hybrid looks. In addition to that Shanahan stated if they run 34 front, they have not finalized what type it would be.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:04 PM   #17
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

shanahan would be silly to completely retool that offense. i realize the 3-4 has some real advantages, but a dominant 4-3 is not a bad thing at all, and washington is really good in the 4-3. he would be better off retooling the players there because they fit the 4-3 then try and shove them into a 3-4. 2 very good DL players, carter and haynesworth, dont fit 3-4 at all there, not sure about orakpo.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:15 PM   #18
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
shanahan would be silly to completely retool that offense. i realize the 3-4 has some real advantages, but a dominant 4-3 is not a bad thing at all, and washington is really good in the 4-3. he would be better off retooling the players there because they fit the 4-3 then try and shove them into a 3-4. 2 very good DL players, carter and haynesworth, dont fit 3-4 at all there, not sure about orakpo.
Orakpo played Strong Side LB last season and put his hand down in passing situations. He is made for 3/4 OLB role. Carter has similar ability to play both. Like I have stated before expect Shanahan and Haslett to play a very aggressive hybrid defense using both fronts, with Haynesworth moving back and forth from NT to DE position.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:26 AM   #19
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Yeah. I don't doubt that Bradford is the best player for the Rams to take, I just wonder about their Oline situation. I don't think that Bradford is especially fragile (although many others do), but I think it's somewhat inevitable that behind a porous line, a QB will break.

So even if they take him #1, do you throw him out knowing that he has an injury history AND knowing that your O-line is suspect?

Only few QBs are consistently able to take NFL DL poundings on a weekly basis. And even they're either extremely lucky or addicted to painkillers.
I think if the Rams take Bradford then they have to sit him behind Bulger while they build up the offensive line.

The one guy everyone is forgetting about is Mark Bulger. All of a sudden, he's a nobody, he doesn't even exist. It's strange how all of a sudden everyone and their mom is saying "the Rams have no QB and they haven't had a QB and they need to get a QB, blah, blah, blah...."

The Rams are bad in a lot of areas but I think Bulger is a servicable guy. Get the oline as strong a possible, let Bradford take snaps as the #2 and let's see if Spagz can get the offense going with Jackson and Bulger and then bring in Bradford later. Don't put him under center right away.

At least, that's how I'd do it. I'd want to protect my investment from a physical standpoint, allow him to adjust to the NFL and learn the offense, and then bring him in late in the season if the Rams are lets say like 4-8 or something like that and out of the playoff hunt. If the Rams are in the playoff hunt with Bulger, great. Let Bradford sit and learn. Then next year, he can compete for the starting job...
Old 03-30-2010, 11:06 AM   #20
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Agreed. Bulger has been completely underrated behind that putrid OL and lacking consistently healthy weapons for the last few years.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:32 AM   #21
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I think if the Rams take Bradford then they have to sit him behind Bulger while they build up the offensive line.

The one guy everyone is forgetting about is Mark Bulger. All of a sudden, he's a nobody, he doesn't even exist. It's strange how all of a sudden everyone and their mom is saying "the Rams have no QB and they haven't had a QB and they need to get a QB, blah, blah, blah...."

The Rams are bad in a lot of areas but I think Bulger is a servicable guy. Get the oline as strong a possible, let Bradford take snaps as the #2 and let's see if Spagz can get the offense going with Jackson and Bulger and then bring in Bradford later. Don't put him under center right away.

At least, that's how I'd do it. I'd want to protect my investment from a physical standpoint, allow him to adjust to the NFL and learn the offense, and then bring him in late in the season if the Rams are lets say like 4-8 or something like that and out of the playoff hunt. If the Rams are in the playoff hunt with Bulger, great. Let Bradford sit and learn. Then next year, he can compete for the starting job...
Bulger is too injury prone to rely on, he has broken every year the last few years and he has failed to put up good numbers without Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt in their primes.

I would say the Rams have to take Bradford, he is clearly the best QB in the draft and they have the chance to get him now, if they go with a DT or Okung they will be better, but they will take themselves out of reach of the top QB next year (probably) so they end up riding a guy who has serious injury concerns, a ridiculous contract and not enough production to warrant any kind of confidence.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:33 AM   #22
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Speaking of pro days, Dez Bryant runs below 4.50 in the 40 yard sprint and failed to run short shuttle and cone drill, that doesn't look good on him. He could seriously fall out of the top 15.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:07 PM   #23
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Speaking of pro days, Dez Bryant runs below 4.50 in the 40 yard sprint and failed to run short shuttle and cone drill, that doesn't look good on him. He could seriously fall out of the top 15.
He is a serious headcase, No Thanks
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:10 PM   #24
Mediator12
OM analyst

Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Shanahan kinda hinted in the Washington Post the move 3/4 wasn't set yet. Said they were going to run a lot of 4 man fronts and other hybrid looks. In addition to that Shanahan stated if they run 34 front, they have not finalized what type it would be.
They have been one of the most underrated Defenses in the league the last few years, but Haynesworth is not suited to playing the NT in either front and especially not the DE in a 3-4. The guy is a monster UT, but not a run clogger or read technique player. USing him that way would be a crime, kind of like making Suh Or McCoy play those positions. It would be waste of real true talent.

Here is an article I found on Bradford and The redskins interest:

Quote:
Impressive. Best ever. As good as advertised.

That was some of the praise that evaluators heaped upon Sam Bradford to describe his scripted workout Monday in Norman, Okla., almost five months to the day since he had surgery on his right throwing shoulder.

"What else could you want," one evaluator said. "He completed 49 of his 50 passes, and the one he didn't (complete) was a drop. His placement was outstanding. He looked bigger and bulky at the Combine, but he was down eight pounds from Indy. He was 228 pounds and looked smooth and fluid, just like you see him on tape."

Bradford's workout was so impressive that the running joke after his workout was that he could be worth the ransom Mike Ditka traded for Ricky Williams in 1999, when the Saints dealt all of their draft choices to get into position to land the talented but enigmatic back. Bradford whipped the ball around so well that he eliminated concerns about his shoulder.

One team official confided that the biggest concern about Bradford was not even about his shoulder. It was about his left knee, on which he wore a bulky brace for protection and which at times he gingerly set on as a junior. Nevertheless, none of the three teams that PFW consulted expressed any reservation about his durability.

"Everyone is going to poke holes in him," an executive said. "We do not have any concerns about his medical, and our doctors tend to be very conservative with results."

The workout drew a heavy crowd, including full contingents from the Rams, Redskins, Seahawks and Browns, all of whom are in need of a future franchise quarterback and possess top-seven picks.

Paying particularly close attention were Rams head coach Steve Spagnuolo, GM Billy Devaney, offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur and assistant head coach/QB coach Dick Curl. The Rams have scheduled to meet privately with Bradford again just three days before the start of the draft and appear intent on filling their greatest need.

The way we hear it, the Rams feel they cannot afford to bypass the only bona fide quarterback in this class after undervaluing Matt Ryan two years ago (when sources say Scott Linehan thought he was too average to select second overall) and skipping past Mark Sanchez last year, when they had bigger concerns about drafting a quarterback who wouldn't have protection.

Now that Jason Smith has been given a year to develop, the Rams must find an answer at quarterback, as the four-year contract Spagnuolo signed is really seen as a two-year deal in league circles, given that new ownership is expected to come in with an urgency to win now in a fickle league.

"There is no time to redshirt or wait now," a Rams executive said.

The way we hear it, the Rams have no interest in dealing the top pick despite their many holes on the roster. However, they will seriously entertain trades at the top of the second round, where they can expect to field many offers given the available overnight period during which to execute a trade before Round Two commences Friday morning under the NFL's new three-day format for the draft this year.

The possibility still remains, however, that the Redskins' interest in Bradford is so strong that they could put together a package that is too enticing for Rams brass to resist, and would include this year's fourth overall pick and future first-round compensation. If such a trade were to take place, our sources say that Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen would not warrant consideration from the Rams at the fourth spot, however, and a trade would have a higher likelihood of occurring if a more highly rated defensive lineman coveted by the defensive-minded Spagnuolo were available in the fourth slot.

Expected to be included as part of a trade package, to fill the Rams' pressing QB need, is Redskins veteran Jason Campbell, whose long release does not fit Mike Shanahan's quick-hitting offense. Additional first-round compensation is also believed to be a minimum requirement, but the way we understand it, a trade should not be expected to occur until the Redskins are on the clock at No. 4 and the Rams can see who is available to them, in what could be another blockbuster deal similar to the one former Giants GM Ernie Accorsi made to bring Eli Manning and an eventual Super Bowl championship to New York

The rest is here:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...ckbuster-trade
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:14 AM   #25
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul

all the way to the title

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Bradford is a unique talent.

He's more talented than Adrian Peterson was coming out of OU.

I simply could not see the Rams passing a QB like this up for a DT when their need is so great for a franchise QB.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: