The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2010, 07:17 AM   #1
RonDaChamp24
Twitter.com/RonGreco

The Champ is here

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D. Thomas
Default Schefter: Marshall open to staying in Denver

According to Adam Schefter and Mike Tirico Marshall has said he's open to staying in Denver but his trip to Seattle went great. This could be bs, but I really hope it's true.

@Adam_Schefter:1/2 Colleague Mike Tirico bumped into Brandon Marshall after the wide receiver returned to Denver. Marshall said the visit was great...

@Adam_Schefter: Marshall also said he sitll very open to staying in Denver and would not be surprised if this process lasts until the NFL draft.
RonDaChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2010, 07:19 AM   #2
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

Thread Killer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

already posted

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...t=89830&page=3
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:22 AM   #3
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

I bet so since no team is actually interested in him at the price the Broncos are asking.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:47 AM   #4
RMT
Rocky Mountain Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
I bet so since no team is actually interested in him at the price the Broncos are asking.
or interested in BM at the price HE is asking.
RMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:50 AM   #5
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

No matter how much you polish a turd, it's still a turd.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:54 AM   #6
TheDave
Sauced...

This is the toughest situation to figure out...

Brandon is one of, if not the most gifted recievers I've seen in a VERY long time. We are absolutely a better team with him on the field.

On the other hand, he is one of the biggest head cases I've ever seen.

I don't blame the FO for shopping him, I'm just afraid if he is traded they have no idea how to replace him.

In the end, staying here on a one year deal is the best for us... assuming he doesn't lose his mind playing for $2.5mil again.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:57 AM   #7
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post

Brandon is one of, if not the most gifted recievers I've seen in a VERY long time. We are absolutely a better team with him on the field.

I don't blame the FO for shopping him, I'm just afraid if he is traded they have no idea how to replace him.

In the end, staying here on a one year deal is the best for us... assuming he doesn't lose his mind playing for $2.5mil again.
Regardless of the amount of the contract given to BM, it MUST have clauses which protect the team which signs him from his next on/off field episode.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:57 AM   #8
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:

Yeah... that's not happening... nor should it. He deserves more than that per-year now that his rookie contract is up.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:59 AM   #9
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Yeah... that's not happening... nor should it. He deserves more than that per-year now that his rookie contract is up.
He desrves more based on talent and performance but his attitude and off field activities and screw ups are one GIANT RISK.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:02 AM   #10
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Broncos have been more than fair to Bmarsh, esp. if they offered him a new contract last year and he refused it. Now they are putting him out on the market for all the world to see and all it takes is a first to get him... if Bmarsh can't make it work with another team, it's his fault (and his agent's fault) and his fault alone.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the only thing holding Bmarsh back is Bmarsh.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:03 AM   #11
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Like dozens of other pros around the league. We'll see if they play for that amount as well.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:07 AM   #12
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
"Deserve" has nothing to do with it. He deserves exactly what he gets because remember this...if it weren't for football he'd be in jail where he belongs.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:07 AM   #13
TheDave
Sauced...

The problem here is everyone is right...

Brandon is not only incredibly talented he is also historically productive. 3 straight 100 catch season out of 4 total is a HOF level of productivity. On top of that he has done it with 2 different QB's 3 Different OC's, 2 Different HC's, and 2 totally different schemes. The guy is a ****ing stud and deserves to be paid as such.

Unfortunately, he is also a woman beater, has been arrested countless times, almost managed to cut his own arm off a couple of seasons ago, lost his mind on film at practice, and frankly could be viewed as a menace to society. Hell if you just look at the off field stuff he deserves to be cut... yesterday.

Point is... everyone is right.

**** I just don't know how to handle this one.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:14 AM   #14
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

I've come down against him in this one. **** him. On the field he's an amazing athlete who can make amazing plays. It's not worth it, though.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:18 AM   #15
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

He has way to many "aw****s" on his record to counteract his "attaboys".
Old 03-08-2010, 08:20 AM   #16
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateNut View Post
He has way to many "aw****s" on his record to counteract his "attaboys".
If we do trade him... I think some of you are going to be absolutely shocked at how anemic our offense becomes without him.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:25 AM   #17
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

well thats good because I bet he stays
Br0nc0Buster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:25 AM   #18
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Noooooooooooo... now we will never know who is better at teh internetz!
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:29 AM   #19
chex
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
If we do trade him... I think some of you are going to be absolutely shocked at how anemic our offense becomes without him.
Any offense would take a hit if they lost a productive guy like Marshall. Itís not exclusive to this team or this offense.

However, at least if he moves on, we can plan around it, which is much better than if we keep him long term for mega bucks, and heís not playing here anyway because of league suspension. Iím sorry, but we stand to lose more than we gain. Any team does, which is why he has generated little interest thus far. Itís not just the Broncos that recognize the potential disaster. He has yet to demonstrate he can stay out of trouble. That will not change with the wave of a magic wand in the form of a big contract.
chex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:30 AM   #20
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
The problem here is everyone is right...

Brandon is not only incredibly talented he is also historically productive. 3 straight 100 catch season out of 4 total is a HOF level of productivity. On top of that he has done it with 2 different QB's 3 Different OC's, 2 Different HC's, and 2 totally different schemes. The guy is a ****ing stud and deserves to be paid as such.

Unfortunately, he is also a woman beater, has been arrested countless times, almost managed to cut his own arm off a couple of seasons ago, lost his mind on film at practice, and frankly could be viewed as a menace to society. Hell if you just look at the off field stuff he deserves to be cut... yesterday.

**** I just don't know how to handle this one.
I agree, no one does.

We all like his on field production and most want, or do, like him.

But his incredible number of incidents make him a liability which could be triggered again as soon as he gets a big payday.

There's a reason why teams....Denver included....aren't beating the doors down to tie themselves to his ability to suddenly change.

BM needs to understand that being paid 10 million a year, guaranteed only by his good behavior, is a great deal.

Maybe in a couple of years that will change, but for now, he's his own worst enemy.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:34 AM   #21
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
This is why the Broncos have to be firm on any trade. They have to get compensation that can make an immediate impact. If Orton's bff on the field is going bye-bye the Broncos have to adjust.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:36 AM   #22
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateNut View Post
Regardless of the amount of the contract given to BM, it MUST have clauses which protect the team which signs him from his next on/off field episode.
This is exactly where I am on the BM situation. While he is a top ten WR, the kid is just one misstep away from another suspension. You just don't commit guaranteed money to anyone in this position.

Why would you pay a player like this millions in guaranteed money when he can't behave himself making much less?

Brandon is a good player, and good players get replaced all the time. He is not the next Jerry Rice or someone that can take over a game and elevate the play of his team.

Truth be told, my guess is that he'll be playing for us this season and we'll get nothing for him when he leaves in 2011 unless we franchise him. The only benefit is that we may not be saddled with his contract guarantees if we were to sign him long term and he screws up again.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:38 AM   #23
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
This is exactly where I am on the BM situation. While he is a top ten WR, the kid is just one misstep away from another suspension. You just don't commit guaranteed money to anyone in this position.

Why would you pay a player like this millions in guaranteed money when he can't behave himself making much less?

Brandon is a good player, and good players get replaced all the time. He is not the next Jerry Rice or someone that can take over a game and elevate the play of his team.
Truth be told, my guess is that he'll be playing for us this season and we'll get nothing for him when he leaves in 2011 unless we franchise him. The only benefit is that we may not be saddled with his contract guarantees if we were to sign him long term and he screws up again.
I'm not so sure I agree with the second half of that sentence.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:38 AM   #24
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chex View Post
Any offense would take a hit if they lost a productive guy like Marshall. Itís not exclusive to this team or this offense.
Obviously, did you really believe I thought we were the only team in the NFL that would take a step back if we lost a highly productive player?

Quote:
However, at least if he moves on, we can plan around it, which is much better than if we keep him long term for mega bucks, and heís not playing here anyway because of league suspension. Iím sorry, but we stand to lose more than we gain. Any team does, which is why he has generated little interest thus far. Itís not just the Broncos that recognize the potential disaster. He has yet to demonstrate he can stay out of trouble. That will not change with the wave of a magic wand in the form of a big contract.
Every team can "plan around" losing a player. That doesn't mean we can replace his production. None of these guys are angles... at some point you have to pay for their production.

As for the rest of the post I've already acknolodged he is a problem off the field. Hell, everyone has. But saying that is the reason why he has generated little interest so far is simply untrue. At this point, not one sigle RFA has signed an offer. This isn't just a Brandon Marshall phenomenon, this is league wide right now.

Look I get he is a major problem, I just wish the "Get rid of him' types would admit this is going to really hurt our team on the field.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:48 AM   #25
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
I'm not so sure I agree with the second half of that sentence.
I've yet to see him do so. He's made some great catches, scored some touchdowns, but he has yet to win a single ball game for us by elevating his play. He's not a long-ball, downfield threat.

Brandon's greatest talent is making yards after the catch. Just doesn't do that consistently enough and sometimes gets alligator arms going across the middle.

Hell, even his 20+ catch game wasn't enough to help us win. Brandon is not a game changer.

While he is a top ten WR, he has enough baggage that will make it difficult for him to get the type of money his talent suggest he should be making.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote