The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2010, 07:09 PM   #1
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default Bengals Fans are praying for BM

They had 65 posts about him in 2 days. There were so many, they had to remove all the threads and move them from the main board to another board for FA WR's. That's funny. Alot of them are fearing they Raven's getting him, which we now know that isn't going to happen. Just another perspective on the value of Marshall outside of what Bronco fans think of him.

Here are just a few comments:

He won't be on the market for long. Bengals or Ravens should get him, and I hope it is us!

I'm not holding my breath, but holy crap how awesome would it be to see Ocho and Marshall on the field at the same time with Benson and Palmer? Shew.

My opinion of Brandon Marshall is that he is probably the most beastly WR in the NFL and wherever he plays he will make an impact.

This is such a no brainer. There is not a single player in the draft, or at least none projected to reach 21, who would have such an immediate impact on our offense as Marshall. However, there are 20 teams in front of us who might feel the same way. Isn't Marshall from Miami?

All we have to do is give away 1st round pick. I would do it in heart beat. As we dont know what we are going to get in round 1 pro or bust. I pray to god lets bring him here.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2010, 07:36 PM   #2
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post

All we have to do is give away 1st round pick. I would do it in heart beat. As we dont know what we are going to get in round 1 pro or bust. I pray to god lets bring him here.

I think all the dudes here who think giving away Marshall for any 1st round pick should investigate just how many top 10 or maybe top 5(?) 1st round bust the Bungles have had over the last 10-20 years.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

**** the Bengals and their fans
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:39 PM   #4
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Well... given Marshall's past... I'm not surprised Bengal fans are all over him.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:46 PM   #5
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

He like Carl Pickens baby catch them snaps mang.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:57 PM   #6
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
**** the Bengals and their fans

As someone who has lived in Cincinnati their whole life might I also add
**** the Bengals and their fans.

TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:49 PM   #7
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Well I think half of them posting about Marshall were more on the "we need to get Marshall so Baltimore doesn't" side. But I hope the Broncos are smart about this. If it's the 6th overall pick, given how deep this draft is and if they traded down in the 1st to like 16 and had both 11, 16 and then the extra 2nd round pick for moving down, I wouldn't be so miffed. But if it's not the hawks and some other team with a low first round pick works a deal with BM, I hope the Broncos match it because I wouldn't want to lose BM for the 26th pick in the draft. F that nonsense.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:54 PM   #8
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I really hope he doesn't end up there...for his sake. Marshall has given us some headaches, but he's done alot of great things for the team. If things can't be worked out...I'd rather have him go to a place where he would have a strong team structure around him and with people there to look after him and mentor him. I'd really like to see him move past all of his baggage and have a great career. If he's in Cincinnati surrounded by all those thugs and the anything goes mentality, it will destroy him. He needs that tough love, somewhere. I hope he doesn't get sucked into that team for his sake.

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:20 PM   #9
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

It shows why running off talent doesn't lead to W's in the NFL, it leads to new coaches...
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:23 AM   #10
TexanBob
Don't Argue With Me

You Know I'm Right

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darris Nash

Bengal fans have had BM for most of their existence...
TexanBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:51 AM   #11
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

First of all, who cares. I pray for cinnamon roll flavored punani every day of my life but I have yet to get it. Second of all, why are you cruising a forum of the most beleaguered franchise of all time? Get a life dude.

Third of all, Hillis sucks.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:57 AM   #12
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

unlike ocho stupido, marshall delivers. he only won us the game against the cowboys single handed.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:59 AM   #13
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I really hope he doesn't end up there...for his sake. Marshall has given us some headaches, but he's done alot of great things for the team. If things can't be worked out...I'd rather have him go to a place where he would have a strong team structure around him and with people there to look after him and mentor him. I'd really like to see him move past all of his baggage and have a great career. If he's in Cincinnati surrounded by all those thugs and the anything goes mentality, it will destroy him. He needs that tough love, somewhere. I hope he doesn't get sucked into that team for his sake.
This exactly.

I'd almost rather see him go to the Ravens over the Bengals, except that it would give us less compensation. Same with the Jets or Seahawks. Going to Cincy would be the single worst move Marshall could make in his career.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:05 AM   #14
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
This exactly.

I'd almost rather see him go to the Ravens over the Bengals, except that it would give us less compensation. Same with the Jets or Seahawks. Going to Cincy would be the single worst move Marshall could make in his career.
Well...maybe. But think of it this way: Cincy would let him get away with smacking his goddamn mama if it meant keeping him on the field. Didn't they sign Chris Henry like multiple times?
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:06 AM   #15
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
i really don't care where he winds up as long as the compensation we get for him is in the top half of the 1st round in the draft
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:28 AM   #16
*WARHORSE*
GNASHING OF TEETH

Let the heads roll.........

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lombardi III

Who dat?
*WARHORSE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:44 AM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
unlike ocho stupido, marshall delivers. he only won us the game against the cowboys single handed.
He dropped some big passes late in the yr that really killed us though.

People have to realize that Broncos offered him almost 10 mil a yr. He's already made millions less to not re-sign with Broncos. Sounds like he could have made 9.5 mil last yr instead of what? 2-3 million.

So already he's down 6 million. So he has to get 6 million more upfront from another team to make it work. He just doesn't want to be in Denver. All we can do it get what we can and move on.

I guess we just have to build the trenches and look for some new playmakers. Hopefully Royal bounces back and Moreno turn it on.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:53 AM   #18
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinCitiesBronco View Post
Well...maybe. But think of it this way: Cincy would let him get away with smacking his goddamn mama if it meant keeping him on the field. Didn't they sign Chris Henry like multiple times?
But law enforcement won't. There's a reason Henry was at one point indefinitely suspended by the league, and it wasn't the team's choice.

One or two more legal problems and Marshall will be sitting out at least half a season. If he actually gets convicted of something he'll potentially get a year off.

The Broncos interests always come first for me, but Marshall seems like a genuinely good guy who just has a ****ed up perspective on the world. I'd like to see him get his **** right. Hell, I'd like to see Jay Cutler get his **** right and I think he's a two faced SOB. I don't wish ill will on anyone. So all things being equal I'd like to see Marshall go somewhere that isn't a pressure cooker for his already problematic off-field issues.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:10 AM   #19
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
He dropped some big passes late in the yr that really killed us though.

People have to realize that Broncos offered him almost 10 mil a yr. He's already made millions less to not re-sign with Broncos. Sounds like he could have made 9.5 mil last yr instead of what? 2-3 million.

So already he's down 6 million. So he has to get 6 million more upfront from another team to make it work. He just doesn't want to be in Denver. All we can do it get what we can and move on.

I guess we just have to build the trenches and look for some new playmakers. Hopefully Royal bounces back and Moreno turn it on.
I'm not trying to call anyone out but wasn't that a 9 mil over two years extension or something? Don't recall exactly and don't have the time to go browsing right now.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:37 AM   #20
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
I'm not trying to call anyone out but wasn't that a 9 mil over two years extension or something? Don't recall exactly and don't have the time to go browsing right now.
The quote from Klis' article was that they offered a multi-year deal worth $9.5M per year, but short on guaranteed money (obviously, since Marshall's behavior makes it hard to want to promise him tens of millions of dollars). Marshall refused because he wanted a big guaranteed bonus and because he didn't want to stay in Denver.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:45 AM   #21
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

If they want a BM, I would think eating some bran would be a better option than prayer.

/reads thread

Oh, they want MARSHALL?? Ohhhhhhhhhhhh... wrong BM.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:26 AM   #22
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Bengal fans think Bmarsh can be Chris Henry's replacement and they are right. I'd be just fine with me if the Broncos sent Bmarsh to Cincy for the #21, Broncos can then get LeFeavour...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:39 AM   #23
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

I'm praying that Cinci gets into the mix for Marshall and scare the seahawks into a move.

If we take Lefevour in round 1 (or just about any round for that matter) I will fly off the handle.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:49 AM   #24
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I'm praying that Cinci gets into the mix for Marshall and scare the seahawks into a move.

If we take Lefevour in round 1 (or just about any round for that matter) I will fly off the handle.
Those late first round picks can be real tasty. If Bradford and Clausen are gone, and they will be, LeFevour is the 3rd best QB and he fits the McD mold. Broncos are gonna take a QB, that is already established. If McD is serious about grooming a long term solution at QB then a guy like LeFevour might be his best option. The Broncos will then have Orton for another year (unless another team gives the Broncos their first for him too ) and Brandstatter and LeFevour pushing each other for the #2. If Orton does not pan out in 2010 then McD has two young QBs to step in and replace Orton.

Either that or Tebow in the 2nd (I like Tebow too).
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:10 AM   #25
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Those late first round picks can be real tasty. If Bradford and Clausen are gone, and they will be, LeFevour is the 3rd best QB and he fits the McD mold. Broncos are gonna take a QB, that is already established. If McD is serious about grooming a long term solution at QB then a guy like LeFevour might be his best option. The Broncos will then have Orton for another year (unless another team gives the Broncos their first for him too ) and Brandstatter and LeFevour pushing each other for the #2. If Orton does not pan out in 2010 then McD has two young QBs to step in and replace Orton.

Either that or Tebow in the 2nd (I like Tebow too).
First, Lefevour is a candy-striper. He showed the stage is too big for him by choosing not to take advantage of the combine opportunity.

He's nowhere near the #3 QB. I HATE Colt McCoy, but he's by far a better QB than Lefevour.

Lefevour has a mediocre arm at best, lacks leadership ability, played in a gimmicky college offense, and appears scared to showcase himself. Yeah, sign me up for that. Hey, he can run though.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote