The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
illbroncsfn
Ring of Famer

adopt a bronco- Barrel Man's Barrel

Default Free Agent O-Line Ponderings...

I know we have Rex Hadnot in on Friday 3/5 for a free agent visit- projection would be as a starting center.... Good size at 6'2" 320 lbs- however both the Dolphins and the Browns have been willing to let him walk.....

We also had Tony Pashos in on Friday 3/5 as well- projection to me would only be as a backup RT... I am a bit perplexed by having Tony Pashos in on day 1 of free agency. I'm very familiar w/Pashos from his college days at Univ of Illinois- strong, capable run blocker, limited athleticism. This visit has me concerned that Ryan Harris is not recovering as well as expected. I guess I just don't see Pashos as a guard as I never recall him playing there in the past....

I guess my hope is that we would be bringing in players who were a bit more elite at their positions than a Hadnot or a Pashos. I still think signing Mawae for 1 year and drafting your center of the future this year would be better than plugging in Hadnot.

Last edited by illbroncsfn; 03-06-2010 at 01:38 PM.. Reason: addition
illbroncsfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2010, 01:45 PM   #2
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by illbroncsfn View Post
I guess my hope is that we would be bringing in players who were a bit more elite at their positions than a Hadnot or a Pashos.
Teams don't let "elite" O-linemen go very often. We need bigger guys who fit the scheme better, and if these guys fit the bill I'm all for it. The fact that they're both receiving interest from other teams should also tell you something.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:48 PM   #3
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Assuming we extend Kuper, we just need to fill 2 holes. McDaniels appears to be filling one in free agency, making it seem that he's going to fill the other in the draft, which is just fine by me.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:18 PM   #4
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Fox31 Alert : Source: Free agent C Rex Hadnot has left Denver without signing a deal at this time.
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:26 PM   #5
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

What about this guy, Bobbie Williams, from Cinci?

I personally haven't heard of him, but Rotoworld seems to think he did a fine job blocking last year. He's got size at 6'4'', 345, but is a little old at 33. Still, as a UFA, if he were good, I'd think the Broncos would be interested.

I guess that low buzz around him in general should indicate that he's not very well thought of.
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 03:29 PM   #6
chaz
highly touted recruit

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Bruton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
Assuming we extend Kuper, we just need to fill 2 holes. McDaniels appears to be filling one in free agency, making it seem that he's going to fill the other in the draft, which is just fine by me.
Seth Olson seems penciled in as guy to beat at the other G spot (although I hope we make it a stiff competition). And I like him a lot, C is our biggest concern and I'm not feeling Hadnot to be honest.
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #7
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer

Broncos Rock!

There are haves and hadnots...
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:08 PM   #8
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
There are haves and hadnots...
come on....
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:35 PM   #9
GoBroncos84
Perennial Pro-bowler

Crucify the Ego

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
I know we have Rex Hadnot in on Friday 3/5 for a free agent visit- projection would be as a starting center.... Good size at 6'2" 320 lbs- however both the Dolphins and the Browns have been willing to let him walk.....

We also had Tony Pashos in on Friday 3/5 as well- projection to me would only be as a backup RT... I am a bit perplexed by having Tony Pashos in on day 1 of free agency. I'm very familiar w/Pashos from his college days at Univ of Illinois- strong, capable run blocker, limited athleticism. This visit has me concerned that Ryan Harris is not recovering as well as expected. I guess I just don't see Pashos as a guard as I never recall him playing there in the past....

I guess my hope is that we would be bringing in players who were a bit more elite at their positions than a Hadnot or a Pashos. I still think signing Mawae for 1 year and drafting your center of the future this year would be better than plugging in Hadnot.
Pashos signs with Redskins
GoBroncos84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #10
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBroncos84 View Post
Pashos signs with Redskins
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ing-cleveland/

Not so fast: Pashos leaves D.C. without a deal, visiting Cleveland
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:00 PM   #11
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

There aren't any worth FA in for starting offense line in this class. Lets look to the draft vs bring in crap.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:03 PM   #12
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

if you are going to have to draft a Center, why not sign Mawae for a season or two?
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:04 PM   #13
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

If Denver somehow lands Hadnot and possibly Bobbie Williams, they will have accomplished a significant portion of our OL retooling. Like what the've done thusfar.
Traveler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:42 PM   #14
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:

Can Pashos play LG?
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:45 PM   #15
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:

Like we were willing to let price walk? Or Mia welker, Or oak moss, etc etc. Players not being brought back doesn't mean they can't play. He's big and better then what we have. You don't worry about what other teams have planned. They could have young olineman they want to get playing.

Oh you mean like we are willing to let Marshall walk, i get it.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:41 AM   #16
illbroncsfn
Ring of Famer

adopt a bronco- Barrel Man's Barrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf View Post
Can Pashos play LG?
To my knowledge he never has in the past- but as an organization we must be looking at him as a LG or RG possibly if we feel moving Kuper to LG would be beneficial for the team possibly creating a Walter Jones/Steve Hutchinson left side of the O-line for us w/CLady and Kuper.
illbroncsfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:32 AM   #17
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
To my knowledge he never has in the past- but as an organization we must be looking at him as a LG or RG possibly if we feel moving Kuper to LG would be beneficial for the team possibly creating a Walter Jones/Steve Hutchinson left side of the O-line for us w/CLady and Kuper.
Comparing Kuper to Steve Hutchinson is a bit far fetched. He is nowhere near that type of elite company at the moment.
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:16 AM   #18
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer

Broncos Rock!

Posted March 6, 2010, 4:28 pm MT
Pashos visit on hold

By Mike Klis

San Francisco right tackle Tony Pashos has yet to make it to Denver. A visit was agreed upon Thursday but apparently negotiations with the 6-6, 325-pound unrestricted free agent have bogged down. Pashos visited Friday with the Washington Redskins but left without a deal.
The Broncos are hosting Baltimore defensive end Dwan Edwards for a visit this weekend.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:17 AM   #19
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Pashos is getting a good bit of interest and probably wants more money than we are willing to pay.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:31 AM   #20
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
if you are going to have to draft a Center, why not sign Mawae for a season or two?
to me he is Weigman 2.0, smaller sized technician, not really the size we are moving towards along the lines. I doubt he is going to be someone who we will be interested in. I would not be suprised if we use the 2nd rounder on the Center from Fla Pouncy. I believe he is a big bodied guy.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:03 PM   #21
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
to me he is Weigman 2.0, smaller sized technician, not really the size we are moving towards along the lines. I doubt he is going to be someone who we will be interested in. I would not be suprised if we use the 2nd rounder on the Center from Fla Pouncy. I believe he is a big bodied guy.
You need a veteran there if you draft a rookie. Pouncy will be gone in the 1st. Mawae is bigger than Casey.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:09 PM   #22
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I would love it if we signed an "ok" tackle and moved him to guard where he would be dominant.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:13 PM   #23
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Also-- we need to have somebody somewhat capable in reserve, incase Ryan Harris has any issues next year. As far as wins and losses, he might have been one of our most important players for us last year.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:33 PM   #24
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer

Broncos Rock!

Tony Pashos-T-BrownsMar. 7 - 3:29 pm et
Browns signed RT Tony Pashos to a three-year, $10.3 million contract.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Old 03-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #25
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
You need a veteran there if you draft a rookie. Pouncy will be gone in the 1st. Mawae is bigger than Casey.
He weighs 289 compared to 285,my bad he is WAY bigger.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote