The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2010, 10:57 PM   #1
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21ís No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15
Default The Broncos free agency thread

Figured most of yall will be scouring the internet for Broncos FA updates. So why not just put them all in one place.

Only thing I have found so far...

Quote:
Ravens' FA defensive lineman Justin Bannan to visit Broncos, hearing they are setting something up with Dwan Edwards, too, per a source
https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/10011635755
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2010, 11:05 PM   #2
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

yes two of the FAs I was hoping we would go after.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:09 PM   #3
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Bannan and Edwards would be nice signings. I don't see either as a top-tier DL but they'd be upgrades over Peterson and McBean.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:09 PM   #4
Ziggy
Pro Bowler

Noob

C Rex Hadnot is on the list also.

http://community.kdvr.com/_Denver-Br...092/96399.html
Denver Broncos show interest in Browns C Rex Hadnot

03/04/10; 10:30 p.m. MST

Nine days after the Denver Broncos released veteran center Casey Wiegmann, the organization has begun searching for a replacement in earnest.

Sources told Fox31’s Josina Anderson late Thursday night that the Broncos have shown considerable interest in Cleveland Browns center, and unrestricted free agent Rex Hadnot.

Anderson learned that Hadnot may visit Dove Valley, however his possible trip is dependant upon the result of bidding negotiations for his services at this hour.

Hadnot, 28, is a seven-year veteran that signed with the Browns in 2008.

Last season Hadnot played in nine games and started in six of them. He was inactive for a total of seven games after sustaining a knee injury in training camp.

Hadnot was part of a Browns offensive line that led a running game which averaged 4.2 yards per carry last year.

The 6’2, 320 pound lineman was originally drafted by the Miami Dolphins in the 6th round of the 2004 NFL draft.

He was selected 174th overall out of Houston.
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:11 PM   #5
Ziggy
Pro Bowler

Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
Bannan and Edwards would be nice signings. I don't see either as a top-tier DL but they'd be upgrades over Peterson and McBean.
Agreed. Bannan went to college at CU. Hopefully he wants to get back to that Colorado mountain living.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:12 PM   #6
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Good rotational guys on the DL. Each had great metrics in run defense this past year. Certainly an upgrade in comparison to what we have. Still would want more players.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:12 PM   #7
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

San Francisco offensive tackle Tony Pathos and Miami cornerback Nathan Jones are coming in.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...lso-coming-in/
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:17 PM   #8
Ziggy
Pro Bowler

Noob

So much for the Broncos taking it slowly this year in FA. Looks like it could be similar to last year, with a ton of 2nd and 3rd tier guys being brought in quickly. Pashos would be nice insurance in case Harris gets hurt again.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:18 PM   #9
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Rex Hadnot was having a good year until injury. Nathan Jones would be nice depth. Looks like we enjoy taking Miami's DB's.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:18 PM   #10
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
So much for the Broncos taking it slowly this year in FA. Looks like it could be similar to last year, with a ton of 2nd and 3rd tier guys being brought in quickly. Pashos would be nice insurance in case Harris gets hurt again.
the only worth while person here is rex hadnot, the other are meh
jebures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:26 PM   #11
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Nathan Jones is a good nickel corner though. Depth is always nice, but I wonder how that would play out for Alphonso and Tony.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:28 PM   #12
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Broncos | Trying to set up visit with D. Edwards
Comment (0)
Thu, 04 Mar 2010 22:02:44 -0800 Aaron Wilson, of the National Football Post, reports the Denver Broncos are trying to set up a visit with free-agent DL Dwan Edwards (Ravens), according to a source.

Broncos | Bannan set to visit
Comment (0)
Thu, 04 Mar 2010 22:02:23 -0800 Aaron Wilson, of the National Football Post, reports the Denver Broncos have set up a visit with free-agent DT Justin Bannan (Ravens), according to a league source.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0hHU4jnQx

Broncos | Hadnot to visit Friday
Comment (0)
Thu, 04 Mar 2010 22:17:42 -0800 Aaron Wilson, of the National Football Post, reports free-agent OL Rex Hadnot (Browns) will visit the Denver Broncos Friday, March 5, according to a league source.
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:31 PM   #13
chickennob2
Memphian in Boston

Glad to be back

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/clu...FL&majteam=DEN

"The Broncos have set up Friday free agent visits for OT Tony Pashos and CB Nathan Jones.
Jones is a nickel back/special teamer. The Broncos' nickel coverage was atrocious all last season; they were forced to sign Ty Law off the street late in the year. Pashos has only played right tackle in his career, and Denver has Ryan Harris in place there. Perhaps they're viewing Pashos as a guard."

"Free agent G/C Rex Hadnot has set up a visit with the Broncos on Friday.
At 6'2/320, Hadnot fits Josh McDaniels' new power scheme. While he's not a special talent, Hadnot would make for a serviceable fill-in at center with the Broncos likely trying Seth Olsen at left guard"

"Free agent DE Jason Babin is reportedly drawing interest from the Jaguars, Redskins, and Broncos.
Babin nearly falls out of the league on an annual basis and turns 30 in May, so it's a surprise to see that he has a market so early in the free agency period. He had 2.5 sacks last year. The Redskins, always willing to overpay, seem like a match made in heaven for the 2004 first-round pick."

"The Broncos have set up a visit with free agent DT Justin Bannan.
Fellow Ravens free agent DT Dwan Edwards is also being recruited by the Broncos, as they attempt to bolster their defensive front. Bannan, a rotational lineman, played well in Kelly Gregg's nose tackle spot in 2008."

"According to the Denver Post, "word is" the Chargers fully intend to re-sign NT Jamal Williams despite releasing him Thursday afternoon.
Denver looked like a possible landing spot if Williams was going to test the market due to the presence of ex-Chargers DL coach Wayne Nunnelly. The Chargers, though, are expected to retain Williams for a lesser salary than the $5 million he was due. Williams likely has something left, so it appears to be a smart and cost-effective move by Bolts GM A.J. Smith."
chickennob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:52 PM   #14
Borks147
the dude abides...

"good luck in free-agency"

aaahh **** you Fisher
Borks147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:05 AM   #15
yerner
Ring of Famer

I really don't understand what they are doing. Not trying to be a downer. Really I'm not, but these free agent vets would be better served on a team thats actually going to win something.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:11 AM   #16
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
I really don't understand what they are doing. Not trying to be a downer. Really I'm not, but these free agent vets would be better served on a team thats actually going to win something.
Man WTF? What do you think they should be doing instead genius?

These guys aren't really old.

I personally like what we're trying to do - bring in some guys that are actually made for the 3-4 system. These are the type of guys that won't pull hole in your pocket.

I swear - some of you people NOTHING will ever be right.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:17 AM   #17
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVPlaya View Post
Man WTF? What do you think they should be doing instead genius?

These guys aren't really old.

I personally like what we're trying to do - bring in some guys that are actually made for the 3-4 system. These are the type of guys that won't pull hole in your pocket.

I swear - some of you people NOTHING will ever be right.
Go stuff your fist up your ****** ass douchbag. Build through the draft, let young guys get reps and stop paying money to average players from other systems,. Also, go face**** you mother.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:27 AM   #18
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Ah, free agency, can't you just feel the love here??
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:34 AM   #19
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:
Suuuuuure.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:02 AM   #20
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21ís No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

Quote:

Last edited by BMarsh615; 03-05-2010 at 01:04 AM..
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:02 AM   #21
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

Quote:
Go stuff your fist up your ****** ass douchbag. Build through the draft, let young guys get reps and stop paying money to average players from other systems,. Also, go face**** you mother.
So you're pretty much saying we should call this season quits? Lets not even try to make the playoffs.

Yeah, let's have a Rams/Lions esque season.

The draft only lets you get so many guys - we have talent on our roster. We need to get some guys that will mold well together and we can be successful.

Man, some of you fans are as dumb as rock.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:17 AM   #22
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Rex Hadnot is coming for a visit.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:21 AM   #23
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
We desperately need help at DE, bringing in some FA's for that spot is an absolute must. Guys like Edwards and Bannon aren't going to break the bank and would be significant upgrades over the guys we have on our roster right now. Both have played 3-4 DE in a system which likely will be similar to what we're going to run next year, so they're good fits for what we want to do.

Long term I would agree that you need to build through the draft, but drafting guys that are ready to start at DE in a 3-4 is pretty much unheard of, and throwing guys in there who aren't ready to start to get reps will do them more damage that good.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:50 AM   #24
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:53 AM   #25
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:

I reckon 1 month for this, can we do a poll
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote