The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 09:41 PM   #1
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,589

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default Rumor: Marshall on Seahawks Radar

Not much here, but interesting as far as picks.

Could Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall be leaving the AFC West and heading to the Pacific Northwest?

According to a league source, there's a strong rumor that Marshall is drawing significant interest to the Seahawks and new coach Pete Carroll.

Per our source, nothing is imminent as far as drawing up an offer sheet.

Marshall is a restricted free agent, but he was only assigned the first-round tender.

The Seahawks own two first-round draft picks, the sixth overall pick and the 14th overall selection.
The Broncos would have the opportunity to match any offer or receive a first-round pick as compensation.

Per two league sources, the Baltimore Ravens aren't expected to pursue Marshall

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...wks-radar.html
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2010, 09:42 PM   #2
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,763
Default

League source's name: Burger Bill Williamson.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:45 PM   #3
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,972

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Nooooo. I hate the ****ing Seahawks and would hate to see them look good because of Marshall.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:51 PM   #4
bap454
Ring of Famer
 
bap454's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,063

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default

No **** they want him. Remember the game where he ran all over them.
bap454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:52 PM   #5
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
Wut

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default

So in essence, would us losing Marshall to the Seahawks mean...

Brandon Marshall ='s Alphonso Smith?

WHAT A DEAL!

We get a do-over!

I mean I'm sure we'll nail our the first rounder we'd get for Marshall because 1st rounders for proven young talent always pan out!

If we let Marshall go for a 1st I'll be disgusted.

... that said a Seahawk 1st is better than say... a Patriot or Arizona 1st.

Last edited by UberBroncoMan; 03-04-2010 at 09:54 PM..
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:56 PM   #6
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,743

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Uberman, your post made me laugh my ass off. In a good way. **** .
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:57 PM   #7
bap454
Ring of Famer
 
bap454's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,063

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
So in essence, would us losing Marshall to the Seahawks mean...

Brandon Marshall ='s Alphonso Smith?

WHAT A DEAL!

We get a do-over!

I mean I'm sure we'll nail our the first rounder we'd get for Marshall because 1st rounders for proven young talent always pan out!

If we let Marshall go for a 1st I'll be disgusted.
Well damb debbie downer... when you put it like that
bap454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:02 PM   #8
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,972

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

I really hope Marshall doesn't leave. I think that will seriously hurt our franchise. However, if he does move, and we replace him with Quality talent I won't be that upset.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:08 PM   #9
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,031

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
I really hope Marshall doesn't leave. I think that will seriously hurt our franchise. However, if he does move, and we replace him with Quality talent I won't be that upset.
Im not sure losing a WR ever hurts the franchise THAT much, that said, id prefer to keep him.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:10 PM   #10
montrose
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
So in essence, would us losing Marshall to the Seahawks mean...

Brandon Marshall ='s Alphonso Smith?
No, the RFA tender has to be the team's own draft pick or higher so it'd be the #6 pick. Not gonna happen.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:14 PM   #11
Ziggy
Pro Bowler
 
Ziggy's Avatar
 
Noob

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 736
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
No, the RFA tender has to be the team's own draft pick or higher so it'd be the #6 pick. Not gonna happen.
They won't give up the 6th pick for him, but they can offer the 14th up in a trade. Paul Allen may be the 1 owner that is willing to gamble millions with Marshall's off field troubles.
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:14 PM   #12
Great13
He's Great!
 
Great13's Avatar
 
Here we go...

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The SWATS (Atl)
Posts: 362
Default

Well we'd get their original 1st round pick.. so that would be #6. Which could make sense for the Seahawks. Do you draft an unproven Dez Bryant at #6 and pay him top 10 money? Or Do you trade #6 for a 25 year old proven Brandon Marshall? They still have the #14 pick so they could address their other need in the 1st round still.

So if you wanna get all technical about last years draft... I guess it would be Marshall and the #14 for Alphonso Smith and the #6... hmmm it's actually not that bad when you look at it that way... I guess. Either way.. I doubt it happens.
Great13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:19 PM   #13
montrose
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
They won't give up the 6th pick for him, but they can offer the 14th up in a trade. Paul Allen may be the 1 owner that is willing to gamble millions with Marshall's off field troubles.
This is true. I'm still not sold that they want to trade him. That's not saying they want him back either. I get the feeling they can go either way, whatever's better for the team.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:23 PM   #14
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,972

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

I'd take the #6 for sure. Especially if Bradford is there.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:46 PM   #15
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
So in essence, would us losing Marshall to the Seahawks mean...

Brandon Marshall ='s Alphonso Smith?

WHAT A DEAL!

We get a do-over!

I mean I'm sure we'll nail our the first rounder we'd get for Marshall because 1st rounders for proven young talent always pan out!

If we let Marshall go for a 1st I'll be disgusted.

... that said a Seahawk 1st is better than say... a Patriot or Arizona 1st.
No not really. We would have Alphonso and a first round pick. So you grab a new Primmadonna WR and get 2 players for 1 I guess.

Yeah losing Marshall sucks, but really I don't like him or trust him. He seemed to be dogging it at end of yr. He was a cry baby whiner to start yr. He says he is haunted in Denver about the DW murder.

Maybe its best for all for him to move on, broncos get a first round pick, Brandon gets rich, Hawks take the risk and get a good player, Brandon doesn't have to be reminded by living in the city of Darrents Murder.

Get it done lets move on.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:47 PM   #16
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
This is true. I'm still not sold that they want to trade him. That's not saying they want him back either. I get the feeling they can go either way, whatever's better for the team.
It's not really a trade, you just sign Marshall to offer sheet. Broncos have pretty much said he is available for a first round pick.

It's almost like they want someone to sign him.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:16 PM   #17
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy
 
mr007's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,096

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
No not really. We would have Alphonso and a first round pick. So you grab a new Primmadonna WR and get 2 players for 1 I guess.

Yeah losing Marshall sucks, but really I don't like him or trust him. He seemed to be dogging it at end of yr. He was a cry baby whiner to start yr. He says he is haunted in Denver about the DW murder.

Maybe its best for all for him to move on, broncos get a first round pick, Brandon gets rich, Hawks take the risk and get a good player, Brandon doesn't have to be reminded by living in the city of Darrents Murder.

Get it done lets move on.
Umm it's not a 2 for 1. It's as Uber said, we gave Seattle #14 for Alphonso Smith, so in essence, we spent #14 on AS. If we get #14 back for BM that is a 1for1. So yeah, his post was correct. If we get #14 for BM, it is exactly as if we traded BM for AS and kept the same pick in the draft we would have originally had.
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:27 AM   #18
rastaman
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,180

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
No not really. We would have Alphonso and a first round pick. So you grab a new Primmadonna WR and get 2 players for 1 I guess.

Yeah losing Marshall sucks, but really I don't like him or trust him. He seemed to be dogging it at end of yr. He was a cry baby whiner to start yr. He says he is haunted in Denver about the DW murder.

Maybe its best for all for him to move on, broncos get a first round pick, Brandon gets rich, Hawks take the risk and get a good player, Brandon doesn't have to be reminded by living in the city of Darrents Murder.

Get it done lets move on.
Rep! I chalk it up to Destiny. Seriously, some relationships just weren't meant to be. The relationship btwn Brandon and McD will always have been a ticking time bomb.

Neither would have truly trusted one another and then there would have been the legacy of Bmarsh's past off the field problems that would have been used as leverage against him by management. For the sake of Brandon's and McD's careers its best they both move on and not try to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Besides, McD doesn't really want players that could be bigger than the system he's trying to implement in Denver, and would rather have 3 Gaffney type WR's than one Brandon Marshall.

The Brandon, Bowlen and McD simply need to shake hands and say "Sorry-It-Didn't-Work-Out" and move on. Enough of all the drama b/c its getting old.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:46 AM   #19
broncofan
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
broncofan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Philly PA
Posts: 880
Default

Oh Seattle...where Wide Reciever's careers go to die...
broncofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:00 AM   #20
rastaman
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,180

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
Oh Seattle...where Wide Reciever's careers go to die...
The irony is Brandon's career will die in Denver under the current circumstances as well. The relationship btwn McD and Brandon is a ticking time bomb and there's a lack of trust on both sides to guarantee another drama filled "Locker-Room" divided season.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:09 AM   #21
Paladin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr007 View Post
Umm it's not a 2 for 1. It's as Uber said, we gave Seattle #14 for Alphonso Smith, so in essence, we spent #14 on AS. If we get #14 back for BM that is a 1for1. So yeah, his post was correct. If we get #14 for BM, it is exactly as if we traded BM for AS and kept the same pick in the draft we would have originally had.
Oh, snap!!!! This is soooo important, you know?
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:11 AM   #22
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
The irony is Brandon's career will die in Denver under the current circumstances as well. The relationship btwn McD and Brandon is a ticking time bomb and there's a lack of trust on both sides to guarantee another drama filled "Locker-Room" divided season.
Man, I love it when you make **** up to fit your argument.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:12 AM   #23
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 20,317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
I'd take the #6 for sure. Especially if Bradford is there.
Damn straight
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:43 AM   #24
LonghornBronco
Ring of Famer
 
Hook'em Horns

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,421

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

Homer!
LonghornBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:37 AM   #25
SportinOne
Ring of Famer
 
SportinOne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,850
Default

Don't they have Housh? why the f would they spend a 1st on a WR?
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:15 AM.


Denver Broncos