The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2010, 11:55 AM   #1
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default Leon Washington tendered a 2nd

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/N...hington-030310

Two days after announcing they would release Thomas Jones later this week, the Jets placed a second-round tender on restricted free agent running back-kick returner Leon Washington, according to his agent.

Alvin Keels announced the move on his Twitter page Wednesday, making Washington a potentially attractive free agent despite the fact he's recovering from a broken right leg that sidelined him for the last nine games of the regular season.

The Jets declined comment on the move.

The second-round tender is a one-year deal worth $1.759 million, which gives the Jets the right of first refusal. But it means a team would have to give up only a second-round pick if they sign him to an offer sheet that New York doesn't match.

"I expect there to be a market for Leon during Free Agency and would say his return to the Jets will be 50-50 at best at this point," Keels tweeted.

Washington made the Pro Bowl as a kick returner after the 2008 season and was a speedy, shifty complement to Jones. He sustained a compound fracture of the tibia and fibula at Oakland in Week 7 last year. Washington had surgery, in which a rod was inserted into the tibia, and was given a timetable of six to 12 months to heal.

In January, Washington said doctors told him he was two months ahead of a normal recovery -- something Keels reiterated Wednesday.

More at the link above.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2010, 11:57 AM   #2
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Let me throw out a preemptive "no way in hell".
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:01 PM   #3
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Not for a second. But it would be nice to have a Kick returner. I wonder if they use Eddy more returning punts this year.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:05 PM   #4
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

We have wasted 2nd rounders in much worse ways... might as well try using one on a proven dynamic playmaker with actual NFL production on his resume. It's a wild theory...
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:05 PM   #5
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I would never give him the kind of contract it would take to get him just so he can be a return man. I would rather get Jones. I don't think we need any skill position players this offseason though. Even if we did, it would be a #1 receiver if Marshall goes. This guy doesn't fit the bill.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:17 PM   #6
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
We have wasted 2nd rounders in much worse ways... might as well try using one on a proven dynamic playmaker with actual NFL production on his resume. It's a wild theory...
Let's see how dynamic he is at 28 yrs old, coming off a compound fracture of the tibia and fibula. For what it's worth, one of my best buddies is an absolute die hard Jets fan and he's praying they get a 2nd rounder this year for him.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:53 PM   #7
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Let's see how dynamic he is at 28 yrs old, coming off a compound fracture of the tibia and fibula. For what it's worth, one of my best buddies is an absolute die hard Jets fan and he's praying they get a 2nd rounder this year for him.
An open tibia fracture is news to me. Everything I've read to this point said fibula only. Open fracture, but fibula and not tibia. Amirite?
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:57 PM   #8
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
An open tibia fracture is news to me. Everything I've read to this point said fibula only. Open fracture, but fibula and not tibia. Amirite?
Washington suffered compound breaks of the right tibia and fibula, and underwent surgery at the Alta Bates Hospital in Berkeley, Calif., to insert a rod in the tibia to stabilize the bone. The fibula is expected to heal on its own.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/200...on_wash_1.html
Old 03-04-2010, 02:10 PM   #9
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Hes a good runner between the tackles lets not just appoint him as a kick returner, he would be a nice change of pace guy for Moreno.

but I don't know about giving up a 2nd.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote