The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2010, 12:29 PM   #1
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Default Dumervil is not going anywhere

Dumervil is not going anywhere

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 3, 2010 3:17 PM ET

The Broncos showed how much they value linebacker Elvis Dumervil Wednesday, placing a first- and third-round tender on the restricted free agent. He's due $3.168 million in 2010.

The designation is in contrast to Kyle Orton and Brandon Marshall, who got lesser first-round tenders Wednesday.

A with that, we promise not to post any more on Denver's tenders for Wednesday.

Barring a long-term deal, this is probably the last we'll hear about Dumervil for a while. Unlike Marshall, it's safe to say Dumervil is not going anywhere.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...oing-anywhere/
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2010, 12:34 PM   #2
broncofan2438
Faneco this...

LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER

Good to hear
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Man, if I could recall the thread now where people were jumping off the deep end because Schefter simply said Miami would keep an eye on him. McDevil is giving him away!!! WTF!!! I hate McDoofus!!
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:41 PM   #4
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

What is this poison pill everyone is talking about? I remember something about Hutch when he signed with the Vikes but I don't know what it all means
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:45 PM   #5
scorpio
Cubicle Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
What is this poison pill everyone is talking about? I remember something about Hutch when he signed with the Vikes but I don't know what it all means
Something about if he played more than two games in the state of Washington his contract would increase.
scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:45 PM   #6
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Weird. Pretty sure I called this one.

jhns, rasta, dragster: Back to your regularly-scheduled McD-bashing. Please go ahead.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:54 PM   #7
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I guess this means teams can't go after him then.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:57 PM   #8
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

BUT NOLAN IS TAKING HIM WITH HIM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>sky falls...
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:02 PM   #9
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
Weird. Pretty sure I called this one.

jhns, rasta, dragster: Back to your regularly-scheduled McD-bashing. Please go ahead.
Where did I bash McD about any of this? Stop being such a little girl.

You called what? Some writter speculating that Elvis isn't going anywhere? Why is that exactly? No one will give up the extra 3rd for him?
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:09 PM   #10
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post

You called what? Some writter speculating that Elvis isn't going anywhere? Why is that exactly? No one will give up the extra 3rd for him?
You flaming moron. If you aren't complaining about Orton, you're b****ing about Dumervil going to the Dolphins because McD let Nolan go.

Gimme a break.

I called Dumervil not going anywhere. I called the team signing him to a tender, just like this, to keep him here.

Nobody's going to give up a first and third to grab an undersized OLB who is weak against the run. I don't care how many sacks he got. It won't happen.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:12 PM   #11
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

No ****. If the Phins offer him contract like Haynesworth got then what happens? I doubt Denver would match that and poof we get a first and a third and the get Dumervil. The tendering him at a first and a third isn't going to keep him from going anywhere it's the lack of a CBA that is going to help save our ass.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:15 PM   #12
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
No ****. If the Phins offer him contract like Haynesworth got then what happens? I doubt Denver would match that and poof we get a first and a third and the get Dumervil. The tendering him at a first and a third isn't going to keep him from going anywhere it's the lack of a CBA that is going to help save our ass.
Which is why jumping off the deep end was premature. There is still so much TBD.
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:17 PM   #13
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
You flaming moron. If you aren't complaining about Orton, you're b****ing about Dumervil going to the Dolphins because McD let Nolan go.

Gimme a break.

I called Dumervil not going anywhere. I called the team signing him to a tender, just like this, to keep him here.

Nobody's going to give up a first and third to grab an undersized OLB who is weak against the run. I don't care how many sacks he got. It won't happen.
I have never said a single thing about Elvis going to the Dolphins. Again, time to stop being such a little girl.

Many teams overvalue pass rushers. I don't really care what you think about it, that is a fact.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:22 PM   #14
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

I don't see how this is over until its over. If a team offers Doom a longterm deal who's to say Denver will match it? Depends on the amount we'll see.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:24 PM   #15
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCrew View Post
Which is why jumping off the deep end was premature. There is still so much TBD.
I read that thread. There wasn't much jumping off the deep end. People where just doing what message boards are for speculating. No one was claiming it was a done deal that he was Miami bound. I pointed out if there ever was a off-season to use poison pills this would be the one for it. The tendering him for the extra third doesn't mean he is safe, it just means we get more in return if we can't match a offer. The only way I will think he is safe is if he signs a contract with us. Till then anything is possible. The fact that there is no CBA makes me feel better about our RFA's then the tender amount.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:30 PM   #16
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
I have never said a single thing about Elvis going to the Dolphins. Again, time to stop being such a little girl.

Many teams overvalue pass rushers. I don't really care what you think about it, that is a fact.
Dude, put this guy on your ignore list.
I have him there now, and I haven't missed any of his psychotic rant towards anything anybody has to say about McDaniels.
This guy has some serious man crush on McDaniels and has some pent-up anger to go with it.
He calls people out and start his insults to bring the attention to himself, as if when he acts this way he's not expecting to get a worse reaction. He will then blame you for derailing a thread. Nuff said!
Just put him on ignore and you don't have to read his non-sense and worthless crap.
God forbid he adds something nice to a discussion instead of scanning threads to see who just bad-mouthed McDaniels si he can unleash his anger...
Outrageous!

Oh, and yes, he's on my ignore list permanently. Please quit quoting him

Last edited by strafen; 03-03-2010 at 01:32 PM..
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:36 PM   #17
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster69 View Post
Dude, put this guy on your ignore list.
I have him there now, and I haven't missed any of his psychotic rant towards anything anybody has to say about McDaniels.
This guy has some serious man crush on McDaniels and has some pent-up anger to go with it.
He calls people out and start his insults to bring the attention to himself, as if when he acts this way he's not expecting to get a worse reaction. He will then blame you for derailing a thread. Nuff said!
Just put him on ignore and you don't have to read his non-sense and worthless crap.
God forbid he adds something nice to a discussion instead of scanning threads to see who just bad-mouthed McDaniels si he can unleash his anger...
Outrageous!

Faux anger is truly, truly, truly outrageous!
Old 03-03-2010, 01:39 PM   #18
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster69 View Post
I'm sorry, I will try to remember that and stop quoting him. He is a strange one. I can't put people on ignore though. I find most all posts here are good for entertainment, even if they are childish or dumb.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:41 PM   #19
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Faux anger is truly, truly, truly outrageous!
Its ironic as hell that you have to quote dragster for me to see him b!tching about putting somebody else on ignore... Its the last thing I would think that guy would be talking about...

I wonder how many have dragster on ignore...
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:43 PM   #20
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

And there goes another good thread.Yup, blame that one on me too
Old 03-03-2010, 01:45 PM   #21
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Play2Win
This message is hidden because Play2Win is on your ignore list.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:47 PM   #22
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2Win View Post
Its ironic as hell that you have to quote dragster for me to see him b!tching about putting somebody else on ignore... Its the last thing I would think that guy would be talking about...

I wonder how many have dragster on ignore...
I did but I took him off, he is not bad...jhns though, I had to put him back on, he is just too much for me

honestly it annoys me so much that either side of the camps derail threads anymore
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:51 PM   #23
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRabb View Post
I did but I took him off, he is not bad...jhns though, I had to put him back on, he is just too much for me

honestly it annoys me so much that either side of the camps derail threads anymore
I used to think putting some of these guys on ignore would make the thread seem a little helter-skelter, but, strangely, it made the thread make a hell of a lot more sense.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:55 PM   #24
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:

I appreciate that, man.
It's one thing coming here, debating, and disagreeing, it's quite another making it a habit to come here to b****, moan, attack and insult people as the way of participating in debates.

While what I say may not be agreeable to some people, at least I give room for discussion and I try the best I can to add value to my discussions.

I do have a pet-peeve for people whose only agenda is to constantly go after the same people over and over to just invite trouble.

People need to remember that for any action, espect a reaction. Usually worse than the original one.
That said, having to put people on my ignore list has cut the amount of fightings people try to invite me to.

Just so that people know, here's my elite ignore list.
bowtown is the senior member of them all

Ignore List
baja bowtown Dagmar Play2Win ThatOneDenverMooseGuy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 03-03-2010, 01:58 PM   #25
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

See, good entertainment. "I hate people that derail threads even though I have been doing it all day!"

Not that he started derailing it. He put me on ignore for being like the 10th person to say something about a subject and claimed I derailed the thread. He then does the same thing. How can people not find this stuff funny?