The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Players are receiving their tenders

Chris just received his tender today
kupesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2010, 11:41 AM   #2
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Posted at the same time. Congratulations to Chris on getting a first-round tender.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:42 AM   #3
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

Where are they listed?
no-pseudo-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:42 AM   #4
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I started a thread a few pages early with a link to the DP Article. Mods, could we see a merge!?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #5
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-pseudo-fan View Post
Where are they listed?
I'm not sure..I just got off the phone with his agent
Old 03-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #6
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

Kupesdad,

Is Chris upset about the tender offer process? I know that other players have voiced their displeasure with it.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:45 AM   #7
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Hopefully Chris feels wanted by the club. I think him just getting a tender is a result of the climate in the NFL and not an actual reflection on his play, which is generally top/elite level. No one knows what is going to happen after this year and everyone wants to hedge their bets. Nothing wrong with that.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:47 AM   #8
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Hopefully Chris feels wanted by the club. I think him just getting a tender is a result of the climate in the NFL and not an actual reflection on his play, which is generally top/elite level. No one knows what is going to happen after this year and everyone wants to hedge their bets. Nothing wrong with that.
totally agree
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:50 AM   #9
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Kupesdad,

Is Chris upset about the tender offer process? I know that other players have voiced their displeasure with it.
I don't think anyone besides the owners could be happy with it. Players that were due to be unrestricted (and their agents) we looking at getting paid after putting in the time and effort. Not that Chris wants to play elsewhere he loves Denver. The opinion I'm expressing is purely my own. I'm not talking for Chris.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:51 AM   #10
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:51 AM   #11
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

Quote:
While I do agree, I can see it from the players side too. Football is a dangerous game, and opportunies to get financial security thru Free Agency don't come around too often.

Kupe seems like a standup kind of guy, and hopefully he gets his long term deal sooner rather than later.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:53 AM   #12
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Thanks...he does feel good about that part of it. The bad thing is not having a contract...he wants to get ready for next season.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:56 AM   #13
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupesdad View Post
I don't think anyone besides the owners could be happy with it. Players that were due to be unrestricted (and their agents) we looking at getting paid after putting in the time and effort. Not that Chris wants to play elsewhere he loves Denver. The opinion I'm expressing is purely my own. I'm not talking for Chris.
I can see that. Players put their bodies on the line every week, and deserve to be paid when that time comes.

The NFLPA thought they were pretty smart when they got the owners to sign the last CBA giving them a huge chunk of the pot.

I don't speak for everyone, but I love Kupe's lunchbox approach to the game. Very Old-school. We need some more players like him on this team.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:59 AM   #14
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I can see that. Players put their bodies on the line every week, and deserve to be paid when that time comes.

The NFLPA thought they were pretty smart when they got the owners to sign the last CBA giving them a huge chunk of the pot.

I don't speak for everyone, but I love Kupe's lunchbox approach to the game. Very Old-school. We need some more players like him on this team.
He realizes how fortunate he is. He sees how beat up I am from playing and still going to work every day. He will never be a prima donna
Old 03-03-2010, 12:02 PM   #15
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

Quote:
He realizes how fortunate he is. He sees how beat up I am from playing and still going to work every day. He will never be a prima donna
I hope the organization does right by you guys. Chris has earned it, and then some.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:05 PM   #16
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Thanks...he does feel good about that part of it. The bad thing is not having a contract...he wants to get ready for next season.
As you can see, he's a fan favorite and an essential cog on the line.

Hopefully he'll get his 'payday' soon.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:05 PM   #17
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

He's earned it, and i agree football players should try to get whats theirs since they kill their bodies and their time is limited.

Having said that...even with his tender, he's due for a significant raise in which he'll make more than a million a season to play a game. Quality of problems.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:24 PM   #18
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Players have expressed frustration leading up to this. They wait for this day, and instead of a payday, they get a one-year deal. I'd be angry, too.

I've been dreading this CBA situation since last season, and it seems to really be working out in everyone's worst interest. Fans, players... and arguably even owners in the big picture.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:26 PM   #19
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Hopefully they can get a new CBA worked out so they can start talking long term deal with real money, at this point it seems in everybodies interest to get a new framework done and start getting players on term.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:30 PM   #20
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Hopefully they can get a new CBA worked out so they can start talking long term deal with real money, at this point it seems in everybodies interest to get a new framework done and start getting players on term.
From what I understand they would have put an extension on the tenders if they were close. It sounds like they are so far apart that they don't think they will get there. The owners have been guaranteed $5 billion from the networks so they actually make money if they have a lockout.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:58 PM   #21
illbroncsfn
Ring of Famer

adopt a bronco- Barrel Man's Barrel

Kupesdad-

Does Chris prefer playing RG next to Ryan Harris or did he enjoy playing LG a couple of years ago and can see himself next to Ryan Clady for the next 10 years? Just curious as it may be easier to break in a player like Seth Olsen at RG rather than LG....
illbroncsfn is offline   Reply With Quote