The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #1
TheManeMan
Ring of Famer

Default MLB 10: The Show

Anyone have thoughts on this game?! It's sitting here next to me on my desk at work...dying to go home to play...

I haven't bought a baseball game since MVP Baseball '04 on my PC but heard this game is the best on the market...
TheManeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

There are a few major glitches right now. ALL of the players potential ratings are screwed up so young players have F potential ratings. The waiver system is screwed up so when you start a franchise players like arod will go on FA and the CPU will pick him up... Pretty much most top players.

Lastly in franchise mode the computer AUTOMATICALLY does trades for your team and you can do nothig about it.
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #3
Natedog24
Ring of Famer

Win The Day

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVPlaya View Post
There are a few major glitches right now. ALL of the players potential ratings are screwed up so young players have F potential ratings. The waiver system is screwed up so when you start a franchise players like arod will go on FA and the CPU will pick him up... Pretty much most top players.

Lastly in franchise mode the computer AUTOMATICALLY does trades for your team and you can do nothig about it.
Yikes, looks like I won't be starting a franchise anytime soon....
Natedog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:28 PM   #4
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Sounds like a broken game.
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:31 PM   #5
yerner
Ring of Famer

Its been a pretty good play the past few seasons. Not overly complicated and really is the most fun you can have playing baseball on a video game. That said, I always get bored and could never finish a whole season. It just takes to long and you never get progress the way you do in other sports games. Still, the past couple versions were pretty cool.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:37 PM   #6
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lev Vyvanse View Post
Sounds like a broken game.
sounds like video game companies are getting lazy knoilwing they can just release a patch to save their ass. Never would seen this in past games.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:37 PM   #7
TheManeMan
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Wow...that pretty lame dude, thanks for the input hopefully they'll have a few patches here and there before the season starts to get those glitches straightened out
Old 03-02-2010, 04:43 PM   #8
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Quote:
sounds like video game companies are getting lazy knoilwing they can just release a patch to save their ass. Never would seen this in past games.
Most games are not broken out of the box.
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:55 PM   #9
Natedog24
Ring of Famer

Win The Day

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Probably won't take too long for them to get this patched out. And I will take a buggy The Show game over a 2k baseball game everytime...
Natedog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:55 PM   #10
broncofan4life
Solid Starter

I dont know what these guys are talking about MLB the Show is the BEST baseball game EVER!! i played all the other baseball games and none come close to The Show very challenging and realistic amazing gameplay.

Trust me you won't be sorry.
broncofan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:05 PM   #11
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lev Vyvanse View Post
Most games are not broken out of the box.
A lot of the newer games are especially the newer sports games.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:26 PM   #12
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

the last mvp baseball ever made that featured MLB rosters is still the best ever.. and even that game had a few problems. The biggest one was player progression. One more season and i think they would have had it perfect. Alas, it was never to be... baseball games suck nowadays. just completely awful. no thanks.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:41 PM   #13
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Road to the Show is pretty sweet. I have limited time to play with work and all, but the half hour to hour I spent tonight, I was quite impressed.

Between this and NCAA Basketball, this should keep me busy for a long time, especially considering I only play a few hours a week.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:52 PM   #14
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

RTTS mode is a lot better. And I like that when you arent in the game you can still watch either the entire game (boring) or the rest just where the ball is put in play. Probably wait a month before doing franchise.

Anyone interested in doing an online league?

Last edited by spdirty; 03-02-2010 at 08:54 PM..
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:57 PM   #15
houghtam
Ring of Famer

In before SthStndJunkie calls the Tigers.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:15 PM   #16
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

Quote:

Can anyone else corroborate this? I'd hate for my favorite player (Mauer) to be the show boy for sucky game.
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:08 AM   #17
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McChamp View Post
the last mvp baseball ever made that featured MLB rosters is still the best ever.. and even that game had a few problems. The biggest one was player progression. One more season and i think they would have had it perfect. Alas, it was never to be... baseball games suck nowadays. just completely awful. no thanks.
MLB The Show has been a better game than MVP '05 for a VERY long time.

They borrowed heavily from it in '06 and '07, but '08 and on have been easily the best baseball games on the market.

Don't worry though, I doubt MLB is going to renew their deal with 2K after the poor reception and mediocre sales MLB 2k has been generating for several years now. EA will have another crack at it soon.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:09 AM   #18
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudofool View Post
Can anyone else corroborate this? I'd hate for my favorite player (Mauer) to be the show boy for sucky game.
Just play RTTS mode till they get the kinks worked out. Though in Franchise mode I saw before you start your franchise they give you the option of whether to let the cpu trade players for you or not, so Im guessing mvplaya didnt see that option in the settings.

Though the other things he says I have no idea. Rather just wait a couple weeks for a patch to come out and fix this. Then Ill create all the first round prospects from last year and put em on their teams.

Last edited by spdirty; 03-03-2010 at 10:12 AM..
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:49 PM   #19
TheManeMan
Ring of Famer

I'm down spdirty...Lets wait for the patch to come out and we'll try to get something going...

:EDIT:

Just found out they have a patch already...not sure if it fixes the problems The MVPlaya mentioned earlier...

Last edited by TheManeMan; 03-03-2010 at 02:03 PM..