The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos
 
The MVPlaya's Avatar
 
out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,383
Default Brandon Marshall testifies that he thinks of Williams' murder "every night"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-every-night/

As expected, Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall testified Friday in the trial of Willie Clark, the man accused of killing Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams.

Marshall said he thinks of the events of New Year's Eve 2006 "every night," according to Lindsay Jones of the Denver Post. Marshall began to cry when talking about the scene at the hospital where Williams' body was taken. Marshall said that former teammate Javon Walker was "fixated" on a large necklace that Williams had asked Walker to hold.

"[Walker] just kept looking at this chain, he wouldn't let no one hold the chain," Marshall said. "It was scary, there was blood on the chain."

Marshall admitted that he was arguing with a man believed to be Clark both inside and outside the night club where several Broncos were celebrating the arrival of 2007. "We start yapping back and forth," Marshall said. "There was a lot of cursing, a lot of words being exchanged. The guy with the black glasses on, it seemed like he didn't have a gun and lifted up his shirt like he had a gun. Then I made the comment, 'Man you ain't got no gun.' That's what I said. I probably escalated the fight. I was angry."

Marshall said that he picked Clark out of a photo lineup during a January 8, 2007 interview with police.

"I think it's unfair to put the wrong person behind bars, so if I picked someone out I wanted to be sure it was the guy I saw," Marshall said. "It was kind of tough at first because the guy I saw had on glasses, so a quarter of his face was gone. So I wanted to be sure."

Mike Klis of the Denver Post recently has explained that Marshall's periodic desire to leave the franchise in part has resulted in part from the "torment" Marshall experiences in the three-plus years since Williams' murder. Marshall is expected to receive a restricted free agent tender before March 4; some think he could be thereafter traded.
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2010, 03:05 PM   #2
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,465
Default

Damn. I hope Walker is getting professional help; Brandon, too.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:07 PM   #3
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,317

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Kudos to BM for testifying and identifying Clark.

I can't help but wonder if some of his desire to be traded is for safety reasons.

Clark's last witness against him, in a previous murder charge, was shot and killed while mowing the yard.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:27 PM   #4
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!
 
TailgateNut's Avatar
 
.......as much as tebonites

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mile High
Posts: 19,868

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Damn. I hope Walker is getting professional help; Brandon, too.

I hope he gets some help moving out of Denver.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:27 PM   #5
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVPlaya View Post
[url]
Mike Klis of the Denver Post recently has speculated that Marshall's periodic desire to leave the franchise in part has resulted in part from the "torment" Marshall experiences in the three-plus years since Williams' murder. Marshall is expected to receive a restricted free agent tender before March 4; some think he could be thereafter traded.
/fixed
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:44 PM   #6
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football
 
bfoflcommish's Avatar
 
GO..........BRONCOS

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mile High
Posts: 3,487

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVPlaya View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-every-night/

As expected, Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall testified Friday in the trial of Willie Clark, the man accused of killing Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams.

Marshall said he thinks of the events of New Year's Eve 2006 "every night," according to Lindsay Jones of the Denver Post. Marshall began to cry when talking about the scene at the hospital where Williams' body was taken. Marshall said that former teammate Javon Walker was "fixated" on a large necklace that Williams had asked Walker to hold.

"[Walker] just kept looking at this chain, he wouldn't let no one hold the chain," Marshall said. "It was scary, there was blood on the chain."

Marshall admitted that he was arguing with a man believed to be Clark both inside and outside the night club where several Broncos were celebrating the arrival of 2007. "We start yapping back and forth," Marshall said. "There was a lot of cursing, a lot of words being exchanged. The guy with the black glasses on, it seemed like he didn't have a gun and lifted up his shirt like he had a gun. Then I made the comment, 'Man you ain't got no gun.' That's what I said. I probably escalated the fight. I was angry."

Marshall said that he picked Clark out of a photo lineup during a January 8, 2007 interview with police.

"I think it's unfair to put the wrong person behind bars, so if I picked someone out I wanted to be sure it was the guy I saw," Marshall said. "It was kind of tough at first because the guy I saw had on glasses, so a quarter of his face was gone. So I wanted to be sure."

Mike Klis of the Denver Post recently has explained that Marshall's periodic desire to leave the franchise in part has resulted in part from the "torment" Marshall experiences in the three-plus years since Williams' murder. Marshall is expected to receive a restricted free agent tender before March 4; some think he could be thereafter traded.
jhns thinks marshall is lying and wasnt there and has no clue what happened that night
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:12 PM   #7
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]
 
listopencil's Avatar
 
BOOM! Winner.

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: The People's Republic Of California
Posts: 8,537

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Kudos to BM for testifying and identifying Clark.

I can't help but wonder if some of his desire to be traded is for safety reasons.

Clark's last witness against him, in a previous murder charge, was shot and killed while mowing the yard.
Maybe, but not necessarily. Having someone close to you just about die in your arms is pretty traumatic. Traumatic events can twist a person in ways that are hard to understand. I've been pissed about his childish behavior and b****ed about it openly but I also understand that Marshall could very well be going through some really hard times mentally. Hard to say what is going through his mind right now.
listopencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:30 PM   #8
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,916
Default

It obviously had a strong effect on Walker. Always felt bad about how things unfolded for him.
extralife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:38 PM   #9
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
jhns is an idiot
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:21 PM   #10
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football
 
bfoflcommish's Avatar
 
GO..........BRONCOS

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mile High
Posts: 3,487

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmar View Post


rofl! Lol
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:16 PM   #11
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Kudos to BM for testifying and identifying Clark.

I can't help but wonder if some of his desire to be traded is for safety reasons.

Clark's last witness against him, in a previous murder charge, was shot and killed while mowing the yard.
Exactly
oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:39 PM   #12
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,317

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
Maybe, but not necessarily. Having someone close to you just about die in your arms is pretty traumatic. Traumatic events can twist a person in ways that are hard to understand. I've been pissed about his childish behavior and b****ed about it openly but I also understand that Marshall could very well be going through some really hard times mentally. Hard to say what is going through his mind right now.
That was Walker in the Limo with DWill, BM just aggravated the situation.

Listening to the radio earlier, apparently the prosecutor or Chief of Police commented that had BM not been there that night, D Will would still be alive and playing football.

I haven't looked to find the quote, so it's just radio chatter for now.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:43 PM   #13
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!
 
TailgateNut's Avatar
 
.......as much as tebonites

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mile High
Posts: 19,868

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
That was Walker in the Limo with DWill, BM just aggravated the situation.

Listening to the radio earlier, apparently the prosecutor or Chief of Police commented that had BM not been there that night, D Will would still be alive and playing football.

I haven't looked to find the quote, so it's just radio chatter for now.

BUT, according to some of his nuthuggers, he's always innocent. Every G-damn time there's an issue with him, it's not HIS fault!
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:54 PM   #14
TotallyScrewed
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,637
Default

Here we go...


Listen let's not put the blame on the guy who pulled the trigger. Let's blame the guy who talks too much...talks trash like he was a star (or budding star) athlete...or some smuck sitting in a basement yelling via the internet.


Wow...just wow.
TotallyScrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:04 PM   #15
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,317

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Just browsing through the opening statements, this is probably the basis of the comments made on the radio this morning.

It's no wonder BM wants out of Denver, his safety and emotional state are at risk.
There was no way he could have known what was going to happen as a result of his and his cousin's behavior that night.

Quote:
Instead, a prosecutor said, Williams was the innocent victim of a gang member angry because he was sprayed with champagne and feeling disrespected over being manhandled by Williams' teammate, current Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall.

"In a world of Denver street gangs, in a world of Tre Tre Crips, if you are disrespected, you have a right to take an innocent life," prosecutor Bruce Levin told jurors during his opening statement. "That is their world."
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_14...p_section_news
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:14 PM   #16
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,515
Default

And it is stupid as hell
oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:36 PM   #17
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,257

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
That was Walker in the Limo with DWill, BM just aggravated the situation.

Listening to the radio earlier, apparently the prosecutor or Chief of Police commented that had BM not been there that night, D Will would still be alive and playing football.

I haven't looked to find the quote, so it's just radio chatter for now.
I'm not going to defend Marshall, I'm just going to shed a different view of the situation whether that may be viewed as advocating Marshall or not.

This whole thing is not as simple as black and white as everybody here seems to be looking at it.

While I agree that Marshall's involvement may have escalated the situation, you have to understand a little bit about human emotions and how people react.
This event started at a night club, people are drinking, feeling good about themselves, celebrating with the people they feel most close to, you feel a sense of brotherhood and people become protective of each other. One for all and all for one.
I can see Marshall standing up against somebody threatening their circle of friends and what they had going at the time.
I can easily see those guys being taunted by strangers just because of who they are.
Cool heads are never going to prevale in these type of situations.
We're talking about a bunch of young men celebrating and it doesn't take much for the adrenaline to come rushing at the slightest provocation.

To sit here and say, if this guy didn't say this or did that, Darrent would've been alive, it's not how things work all the time, and they didn't at the time know the consequences this was going to bring upon themselves.

Ultimately, it was the decision of the gang members to go out of their way to hunt down the limo and open fire with the intent to kill. It wasn't to scare anyone, it was premeditated cold-blooded murder.
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:33 PM   #18
crowebomber
Ring of Famer
 
crowebomber's Avatar
 
Old School Sucka Fool

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: P-Town
Posts: 1,602

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Frank Tripucka
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
That was Walker in the Limo with DWill, BM just aggravated the situation.

Listening to the radio earlier, apparently the prosecutor or Chief of Police commented that had BM not been there that night, D Will would still be alive and playing football.

I haven't looked to find the quote, so it's just radio chatter for now.

If the prosecutor said this, he should be fired. If you agree with him, you're an idiot. It's the equivalent of saying because a woman complained too much, she deserved to get beat to death, or because a girl wore sexy clothing, she was asking to be raped. If you want to reach for a law that Marshall broke by talking smack, then go ahead, but don't even try to pin the murder on him, you POS.
crowebomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:41 PM   #19
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,808

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowebomber View Post
If the prosecutor said this, he should be fired. If you agree with him, you're an idiot. It's the equivalent of saying because a woman complained too much, she deserved to get beat to death, or because a girl wore sexy clothing, she was asking to be raped. If you want to reach for a law that Marshall broke by talking smack, then go ahead, but don't even try to pin the murder on him, you POS.
Technically the man is right though. If BM didn't talk smack Dwill would be alive because no shots would have been fired.

It may be stupid to say or hear, but it's true.

Regardless, Clark needs to say hello to Mr. Needle for this.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:42 PM   #20
montrose
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default

One thing of note is that BM wasn't even a star player at the point of the murder. He's had three great seasons afterwords and it was reported he's twice asked for an extention (negotiations were taking place during the '09 offseason before his arrest and his agent asked for a new deal the day after his acquital), so while the theory of this stuff playing into his wanting to leave does make sense I still think if the Broncos offered him a fat new contract he'd run the fastest go route of his life over to Dove Valley to sign it.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:58 PM   #21
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowebomber View Post
If the prosecutor said this, he should be fired. If you agree with him, you're an idiot. It's the equivalent of saying because a woman complained too much, she deserved to get beat to death
No it isn't.

Not even close.

What the prosecutor said was (in so many words)... had Marshall not instigated and elevated this situation, the gang member might not have felt it necessary to retaliate.

Again, most people seem to understand this all pretty well. But, a couple of people around here are having a hard time discerning between the severity of this act, and potential causal factors.

Saying that Marshall might have been a principle contributor to the elevation of this event is NOT saying that the event is justified.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:07 PM   #22
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer
 
BigPlayShay's Avatar
 
Novaking

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,456

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut
Default

Audio of Marshall's testimony:

http://extras.denverpost.com/audio/Marshall022610.mp3
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:15 PM   #23
crowebomber
Ring of Famer
 
crowebomber's Avatar
 
Old School Sucka Fool

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: P-Town
Posts: 1,602

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Frank Tripucka
Default

And if Kenyon Martin didn't have the party, it probably wouldn't have happened either. What's the point of saying things like this unless you're indirectly or tacitly trying to place some of the blame on Marshall? I'm sure you have gotten into an argument with someone before. If the other person got so mad that they fired shots into your vehicle and killed someone, I bet you would be upset if a law enforcement official said "If Popps wouldn't have gotten into that argument I bet none of this would have happened." Think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
No it isn't.

Not even close.

What the prosecutor said was (in so many words)... had Marshall not instigated and elevated this situation, the gang member might not have felt it necessary to retaliate.

Again, most people seem to understand this all pretty well. But, a couple of people around here are having a hard time discerning between the severity of this act, and potential causal factors.

Saying that Marshall might have been a principle contributor to the elevation of this event is NOT saying that the event is justified.
crowebomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:18 PM   #24
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,317

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowebomber View Post
If the prosecutor said this, he should be fired. If you agree with him, you're an idiot. It's the equivalent of saying because a woman complained too much, she deserved to get beat to death, or because a girl wore sexy clothing, she was asking to be raped. If you want to reach for a law that Marshall broke by talking smack, then go ahead, but don't even try to pin the murder on him, you POS.
I guess you're another clown who can't ****ing comprehend English!!

Show me anything I have written that shows anything but sympathy for BM's situation.

Learn to read before calling anyone an "idiot" or "POS." Dumbass!!
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:21 PM   #25
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 9,900

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Technically the man is right though. If BM didn't talk smack Dwill would be alive because no shots would have been fired.

It may be stupid to say or hear, but it's true.

Regardless, Clark needs to say hello to Mr. Needle for this.
That's total BS. So now you can predict the future? If BM had not have talked smack, maybe somebody else would have. There could have been a hundred different things that could have made that situation escalated. And maybe not, maybe, the gang bangers would have tracked that limo regardless, just to shoot up some star football players.

Don't go talking smack about how you know DW would still be alive. You're not God, you don't know how the future would have unfolded. The FACT is, the p***Y who pulled the trigger killed DW. Period. He is the guilty one, nobody else.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:56 PM.


Denver Broncos