The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2010, 07:41 AM   #1
iDENVER
Seasoned Veteran

-BroNcOs-

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Dumervil
Default Casey Hampton get contract

per nfl network
iDENVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2010, 07:42 AM   #2
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Another one bites the dust
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:50 AM   #3
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

I angry about.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:56 AM   #4
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
I angry about.
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:24 AM   #5
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

There's a reason Pittsburgh is consistently competitive.

Oh well... we'll have other options. But, that was one of the better ones.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:41 AM   #6
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
There's a reason Pittsburgh is consistently competitive.

Oh well... we'll have other options. But, that was one of the better ones.
The options are quickly becoming the draft...
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:30 AM   #7
illbroncsfn
Ring of Famer

adopt a bronco- Barrel Man's Barrel

Anyone heard the terms of the contract Casey Hampton is/will be signing?
illbroncsfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:36 AM   #8
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Last edited by Bronco Boy; 02-25-2010 at 10:39 AM..
Bronco Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:41 AM   #9
iDENVER
Seasoned Veteran

-BroNcOs-

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Dumervil

Quote:
Originally Posted by illbroncsfn View Post
Anyone heard the terms of the contract Casey Hampton is/will be signing?
3 years 21 million and 11 million guaranteed i believe but not positive i heard this earlier
iDENVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:45 AM   #10
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

All of you should have seen this coming. I mean really, what did you guys expect? The Patriots and Steelers aren't going to let top flight defensive tackles just walk off their team. They're not stupid. We're in an era where free agency is dead. Every year I read these threads about all the free agents that are supposed to be available and ridiculous projections about how we should sign half of them, and every year three fourths of them are signed before FA begins. The only players that people are going to let walk are going to be old guys and under-performers.

Don't pin your hopes on franchises like the Patriots and Steelers letting their best talent just leave so we can get it. Especially in this uncapped year when teams have two transition tags, a franchise tag and players from '06 are restricted FA's, there is going to be little to no movement. Just wait until free agency begins and then those players that are available you can hope for, but not until then.

Personally I'm more worried about wrapping our own young talent up long term rather than raiding other peoples' pantry.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:53 AM   #11
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Don't pin your hopes on franchises like the Patriots and Steelers letting their best talent just leave so we can get it.
They would have if McDaniels wasn't so bad at getting along with other teams.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:12 AM   #12
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Quote:
All of you should have seen this coming. I mean really, what did you guys expect? The Patriots and Steelers aren't going to let top flight defensive tackles just walk off their team. They're not stupid. We're in an era where free agency is dead. Every year I read these threads about all the free agents that are supposed to be available and ridiculous projections about how we should sign half of them, and every year three fourths of them are signed before FA begins. The only players that people are going to let walk are going to be old guys and under-performers.

Don't pin your hopes on franchises like the Patriots and Steelers letting their best talent just leave so we can get it. Especially in this uncapped year when teams have two transition tags, a franchise tag and players from '06 are restricted FA's, there is going to be little to no movement. Just wait until free agency begins and then those players that are available you can hope for, but not until then.

Personally I'm more worried about wrapping our own young talent up long term rather than raiding other peoples' pantry.
Exactly if a player makes it to FA there is a reason.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:27 PM   #13
chrisp
Friend of the unsung

Not into the football......yet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan

Quote:

This is sooooo true - its been true for years but its even truer this year.

Thing is, we built a superbowl contender in part because we were able to capitalise on free agency - but that was in the relatively early days when not all teams were on top of it. These days GMs have either worked out how to hang on to guys that they value or they've been replaced by other guys who already know. There is still the outside chance that a team cuts a decent player on the downslide a year or two too early - you could argue that something like that maybe happened with Dawkins - but it doesn't really happen any more often than it happened in the days before free agency (think of the 49ers picking up Matt Millen).

Thing is, the one thing that teams really hang onto is the big guys - top tier offensive and defensive line talent. The one thing the fans bang on about needing year after year is the one thing that teams don't let go cheaply. Its easier to get a decent player for the offensive backfield or the defensive secondary than it is to get linemen.

Bottom line, ANY player available through free agency is a gamble - there's always some issue with them otherwise they don't hit the market. Some of us say this every year yet it never stops the speculation....
chrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:31 PM   #14
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
they would have if mcdaniels wasn't so bad at getting along with other teams.
lol
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:17 PM   #15
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp View Post
This is sooooo true - its been true for years but its even truer this year.

Thing is, we built a superbowl contender in part because we were able to capitalise on free agency - but that was in the relatively early days when not all teams were on top of it. These days GMs have either worked out how to hang on to guys that they value or they've been replaced by other guys who already know. There is still the outside chance that a team cuts a decent player on the downslide a year or two too early - you could argue that something like that maybe happened with Dawkins - but it doesn't really happen any more often than it happened in the days before free agency (think of the 49ers picking up Matt Millen).

Thing is, the one thing that teams really hang onto is the big guys - top tier offensive and defensive line talent. The one thing the fans bang on about needing year after year is the one thing that teams don't let go cheaply. Its easier to get a decent player for the offensive backfield or the defensive secondary than it is to get linemen.

Bottom line, ANY player available through free agency is a gamble - there's always some issue with them otherwise they don't hit the market. Some of us say this every year yet it never stops the speculation....
Yes and as a general rule you always, always overpay.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:12 AM   #16
bronco610
OLD FART

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:

Stop talking sense. That is not the way of the Mane !!!!!!!
bronco610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:06 AM   #17
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDENVER View Post
3 years 21 million and 11 million guaranteed i believe but not positive i heard this earlier
Doesn't seem that bad.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:12 AM   #18
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Yeah but every now and then you can find a good player that is a FA. We did last year with Dawkins. I know he's older but he can still play at a very high level. Hill also was a FA and he played good also. It's not often great players become FA's and actually hit the market but it does happen.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:08 AM   #19
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Doesn't seem that bad.
Hampton was tagged at the same AAV as the three year deal and he's not exactly young. He was probably happy to take anything that would guarantee him more than the $7M a franchise tag pays. At his size and age one serious lower body injury and he's probably done.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote