The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
ChSuperStar
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default LT and Peppers to Bears ?

ESPN Insider has something about LT and Peppers could be headed to chicago. Anyone who have access to insider can fill in more details ?
ChSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2010, 01:14 PM   #2
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

There are none. speculation based on the fact that the bears spent money last year.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:15 PM   #3
OOJack
Go Broncos!

Go Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Plummer

I could be a douche like broncocalijohn and say stop being cheap, but I'm not a douche, so here you go...

Bears back in on Peppers?

11:33AM ET
Julius Peppers | Panthers | Interested: Falcons?, Bears?, Giants?, Browns?, Chiefs?, Packers?, Patriots?, Eagles?

Top Email

Who's not interested?

• With solid bookends in both DE slots, the Vikings are unlikely.
  • Likewise, there's no good spot for him in Indy, with Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney on the ends.
  • One could argue that with all the money tied up in Terrell Suggs, the Ravens wouldn't be interested, but owner Steve Bisciotti said Wednesday that the team wanted to boost the pass rush this offseason.
  • DallasCowboys.com writers have insinuated that the Cowboys will pass as well.

In his chat last week, NFL.com's Pat Kirwan opined that the Patriots are the front-runners to acquire Julius Peppers, and there is some belief that the Eagles are close behind in this sweepstakes.
The situation with Peppers is going to begin to shake itself out this week, as NFL Insider Adam Schefter reported Monday night that the team will not use the franchise tag on Peppers. Given the current climate, an unnamed NFL exec told SI's Peter King that "Peppers would be lucky to get $10M a year," a sharp decline from the near-$20 million he made in 2009. Even at that figure, this likely takes the teams bound by the "Final Eight Rule" out of contention. With Peppers hitting unrestricted free agency, those teams will have difficult hurdles to clear to land him.
Schefter was on SportsCenter on Tuesday, and noted that Peppers' wish list from last season might give us some clues on where he'll land. One other potential suitor, previously thought to be out of the mix, might be back in, per NFC North blogger Kevin Seifert:
OOJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:15 PM   #4
OOJack
Go Broncos!

Go Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Plummer

Bears an option for LT?

12:07PM ET
LaDainian Tomlinson | Chargers | Interested: Bears?, Redskins?, Eagles?, Steelers?, Texans?, Lions?, Titans?, Vikings?, 49ers?, Jaguars?, Packers?

Top Email

The prevailing speculation this offseason has been that LaDainian Tomlinson's tenure with the Chargers would come to a close. That became official Monday afternoon, according to the team.
As for Tomlinson's next team -- if he does go the Emmitt Smith route and looks for employment elsewhere -- there could be some interest around the league for teams that need a backup with receiving skills. We previously speculated on some teams that would use LT in a complementary role (including the Vikings, Jags, Titans, Packers, 49ers), but is there a team that would use him even more than that? The Lions need such a player, although they wouldn't satisfy his craving for playing for a contender. The Texans have been brought up and dismissed since Monday, but what about the Eagles? The team released Brian Westbrook on Tuesday. Interesting timing on that one, perhaps they'll make a quick move for LT? Or how about the Bears, since Walter Payton is Tomlinson's boyhood idol?
Don't write the Redskins off, either. They didn't contend very well in 2009, but NFC East blogger Matt Mosley thinks one key change this offseason might've changed LT's appraisal of them. Meanwhile, NFL Insider Adam Schefter e-mailed with another idea late Monday night:
OOJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:28 PM   #5
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

ESPN Insider = Eklund.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:34 PM   #6
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
There are none. speculation based on the fact that the bears spent money last year.
Maybe the ex-senator from Illinois got a sweetheart deal in the jobs bill for the Bears........ Obama is a Bears fan...............
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:38 PM   #7
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
ESPN Insider = Eklund.
Ouch....
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:57 PM   #8
prunch
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I hope they do .... two aging has beens aint gonna fix that team
prunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:02 PM   #9
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOJack View Post
Bears an option for LT?

12:07PM ET
LaDainian Tomlinson | Chargers | Interested: Bears?, Redskins?, Eagles?, Steelers?, Texans?, Lions?, Titans?, Vikings?, 49ers?, Jaguars?, Packers?

Top Email

The prevailing speculation this offseason has been that LaDainian Tomlinson's tenure with the Chargers would come to a close. That became official Monday afternoon, according to the team.
As for Tomlinson's next team -- if he does go the Emmitt Smith route and looks for employment elsewhere -- there could be some interest around the league for teams that need a backup with receiving skills. We previously speculated on some teams that would use LT in a complementary role (including the Vikings, Jags, Titans, Packers, 49ers), but is there a team that would use him even more than that? The Lions need such a player, although they wouldn't satisfy his craving for playing for a contender. The Texans have been brought up and dismissed since Monday, but what about the Eagles? The team released Brian Westbrook on Tuesday. Interesting timing on that one, perhaps they'll make a quick move for LT? Or how about the Bears, since Walter Payton is Tomlinson's boyhood idol?
Don't write the Redskins off, either. They didn't contend very well in 2009, but NFC East blogger Matt Mosley thinks one key change this offseason might've changed LT's appraisal of them. Meanwhile, NFL Insider Adam Schefter e-mailed with another idea late Monday night:
Great "inside track" article. There are possibly 10 teams considering LT, could even be more? Woohoo, I could write this stuff without actually picking up the phone.

Great scoop.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:34 PM   #10
ChSuperStar
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The only reason i asked is because it said bears and if bears invest more money into 2 people and stink up.. that would make me happy. Thanks for posting these OOjack.
ChSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:50 PM   #11
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Bears have to be aggressive with few dratees.Tomlinson still has Moreno's skill set if his toe is fine.

They could use both, as could Shanahan.

Portis likely will be cut. Dunno what his status is...

Last edited by watermock; 02-24-2010 at 03:58 PM..
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:57 PM   #12
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Losing Chester, (nice call SoCal), and picking up LT for a final push would signal The Wrangler to put on the cleats 1 more time. (for 16 million).

It might be LT's final chance, even as a backup, AP gets nicked up too. Perfect match.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:08 PM   #13
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Peppers would do better in Lovies cover 2 system than in the Pats 3-4.

If I were duh bears I would go after Peppers agressively and pay him big bucks. they need to fill the loss of Gains Adams and make people forget about losing that 2nd round pick.

I think LT would be a real bad move for any team with a suspect Oline. He should have his agent shopping him around teams with soild run blocking Olines. Otherwise he could just dimish his HOF value if he goes to Chicago and ends up getting pummeled behind the LOS to close his career.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:26 PM   #14
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Peppers would do better in Lovies cover 2 system than in the Pats 3-4.

If I were duh bears I would go after Peppers agressively and pay him big bucks. they need to fill the loss of Gains Adams and make people forget about losing that 2nd round pick.

I think LT would be a real bad move for any team with a suspect Oline. He should have his agent shopping him around teams with soild run blocking Olines. Otherwise he could just dimish his HOF value if he goes to Chicago and ends up getting pummeled behind the LOS to close his career.
Well, while noone can really say Adams was lighting it up in Chicago, saying they 'lost' the 2nd round pick because they now have nothing to show for it is a wee bit morbid, no?
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:29 PM   #15
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
ESPN Insider = Eklund.
e5.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:29 PM   #16
bombay
Ring of Famer

ESPN speculates wildly at all times, but why would anyone want to go to a franchise that's in free fall like Chicago? Although Tomlinson has had it, so he'll go anywhere that will hire him.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:02 PM   #17
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Well, while noone can really say Adams was lighting it up in Chicago, saying they 'lost' the 2nd round pick because they now have nothing to show for it is a wee bit morbid, no?
Living here the feeling is that they threw the pick away on the guy before he died. Now that he has died and they have no 1st day picks the feeling is that they have nothing, they threw the 2nd round pick away.

The same kind of thing happened to us with DWill, one could say we lost a 2nd round pick and had nothing to show for it. I know DWill was drafted and not traded.

I think Chicago has the money, they need a guy who can rush the passer and force QB's to make quick decisions. Urlicker is getting old an is often injuried, they have a great OLB but need pressure from the front to make their secondary better.

Will they do it? I dunno, should they, I think so. I would stay away from LT though.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote