The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2010, 05:52 AM   #1
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Default Randy Moss done in NE?

Came across this article in Boston Globe.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...ter_this_year/

UPITER, Fla. - Randy Moss is an expert at running go routes, and now he thinks he’ll be running one out of Foxborough after this season because the Patriots do not want to extend his contract.
Discuss
COMMENTS (9)

Speaking last night at the charity softball game of former Patriots teammate Heath Evans, Moss said he believes 2010 will be his final season in a Patriot uniform.

“I don’t think they going to extend my contract,’’ said Moss. “I understand the beast, the nature of it. I think that just with what I think and what I know I don’t think they’re going to re-sign me back. So, after this season if there is not a lockout I’ll be looking for a new team. I’ve got a lot of respect for the Patriots and what they did for me and my family. The only thing I can do is just play this year out and see what my future holds after that.’’

Moss has one year remaining on the three-year, $27 million deal ($14.1 million in bonuses and guarantees) he signed to remain with the Patriots after he caught an NFL-record 23 touchdowns in 2007, his first season with the team.

In 2009, he had 83 receptions for 1,264 yards and tied for the NFL lead in touchdown receptions (13).

Moss, who will make $6.4 million in base salary this season, was asked why he felt that the Patriots wouldn’t want to retain his services beyond 2010.

“It’s the business of it, man. You’ve got to understand the business of football,’’ said Moss, who turned 33 Feb. 13. “There is not bad blood. There is no animosity on my side or their side. I think it’s just the nature of the business of the NFL. You know the Patriots don’t really pay, so when I got my second contract from them that was a blessing in disguise. I understand the business. I don’t think they’re going to re-sign me back. I’m not mad. I’m not bitter. It’s just the way things are in this NFL, so like I said after this year I’ll be looking for a new team.’’

Moss’s remark that “the Patriots don’t really pay’’ is not likely to go over well in Foxborough.

“That’s not a knock on them. That’s just how they run their organization,’’ said Moss. “That’s how it is. Put it like this: I guess that before I came there the philosophy was believing in their system. I think that’s where they really don’t pay guys because they have so much faith in their system. I didn’t mean it as a knock against the organization. They just don’t pay. If as an individual I’m not really in their future plans, I would like to go elsewhere.’’Continued... (at the link above(
elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2010, 06:12 AM   #2
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Moss for Marshall...

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:59 AM   #3
ayjackson
Pro Bowler

Not so new to the forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Moss for Marshall...

Lord no. Moss is in the twilight. With the uncertainty of 2011, when he'll be 35, why would we trade for him. When he says Patriots don't pay, he means they don't overpay for former stars in the twilight of their careers.
ayjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:03 AM   #4
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

ESPN Insider has the Pats as a possible destination for BM, if that happens...this place will implode
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:06 AM   #5
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRabb View Post
ESPN Insider has the Pats as a possible destination for BM, if that happens...this place will implode
If that happen, I will lead the tar and feather mob to Dove Valley to enact a front office coup, and ensure the junta is put in place to run the team.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:52 AM   #6
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

If Marshall goes anywhere it better be the NFC.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:31 AM   #7
Dempsey Dog
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
If that happen, I will lead the tar and feather mob to Dove Valley to enact a front office coup, and ensure the junta is put in place to run the team.
For Wilfork?
Dempsey Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #8
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

I'm easing into the idea that Marshall isn't going anywhere unless we get the high tender. If that happens and we draft Dez Bryant and still have picks left over I will be a happy camper.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:43 AM   #9
meangene
Ring of Famer

I would not be the least bit surprised to see Marshall end up in NE. They feel like they can take problem children (Moss) and get them in line and, as the article mentioned, Moss is declining. NE has extra picks and I would not be opposed to some combination of picks and Mankins. We need to make the playoffs before we start worrying about a player coming back to bite us. If it's a good deal for us, I say pull the trigger with whomever.
meangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:18 PM   #10
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dempsey Dog View Post
For Wilfork?
Even Wilfork. Wilfork is good NT, but he isn't worth Marshall or draft choices. There are number of very good NT in this draft that Denver will be able to build around.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:49 PM   #11
broncos-rock
Ring of Famer

I would trade them Hillis for Moss...........or how about Chris Simms for Moss thats even better(lol)!
broncos-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:54 PM   #12
27atwater
THANK U!

sphincter says "what"?

I'd take Wilfork for BM in a heartbeat. We get our NT and can still draft Dez early as a replacement...or get a MLB/DE in round 1 and a WR in round 2.
27atwater is offline   Reply With Quote