The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2010, 09:11 PM   #1
27atwater
THANK U!

sphincter says "what"?

Default Dynasty Draft question

I know this is a fantasy question, but it also has to do w/ rookie prospects.

The draft is upcoming in my dynasty league and I'm not sure what angle I wanna take. First off, my roster looks like this:

QB-Aaron Rodgers, Joe Flacco, Kevin Kolb and Josh Freeman

RB-Maurice Jones-Drew, Ray Rice, Thomas Jones, Knowshon Moreno and Brandon Jacobs

WR-Greg Jennings, Chad Ochocinco, Kenny Britt, Braylon Edwards, Eddie Royal and Robert Meachem

TE-Tony Gonzalez and Tony Scheffler

Clearly my weakest spot is at WR. I have pick #s 2, 12 and 14. I've already decided to take Dez Bryant at #2 if he is there...and he should be. The guy picking at #1 has terrible RBs.

My issue is at #12 and 14. RBs like Ben Tate, Montario Hardesty, Anthony Dixon and LaGarrette Blount are likely to be available but I am also toying w/ the idea of packaging the picks and moving up to like the 8-9 spot to ensure myself Arrelious Benn.

I know it's early and the real draft hasn't happened yet, but I feel I am in great shape for the now (best record...lost the Championship) and it's smarter to draft the better player regardless of situation since it's a dynasty league. Sooo...do I make the move for Benn and corner the market of the big play WRs of this draft, or do I go safe and get some more young QB talent for the future?

Unless some of you like LaFell better than Benn

Please discuss. bash. etc.
27atwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2010, 12:59 AM   #2
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Why even bother? A team like that should run itself for the next 5 to 6 years... Those guys obviously don't know how to evaluate talent
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:00 AM   #3
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I have to question the ability to project players in a fantasy draft UNTIL I know where said players get drafted. Fantasy football players have to have context to accurately rate their projected worth. Guys like Welker, Colston, Wallace all were not the top WR's coming out. However, they wound up in passing friendly systems that suited their talents. I hope your fantasy draft comes after the NFL draft? If not, just roll dice to me.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:17 AM   #4
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27atwater View Post
I know this is a fantasy question, but it also has to do w/ rookie prospects.

The draft is upcoming in my dynasty league and I'm not sure what angle I wanna take. First off, my roster looks like this:

QB-Aaron Rodgers, Joe Flacco, Kevin Kolb and Josh Freeman

RB-Maurice Jones-Drew, Ray Rice, Thomas Jones, Knowshon Moreno and Brandon Jacobs

WR-Greg Jennings, Chad Ochocinco, Kenny Britt, Braylon Edwards, Eddie Royal and Robert Meachem

TE-Tony Gonzalez and Tony Scheffler

Clearly my weakest spot is at WR. I have pick #s 2, 12 and 14. I've already decided to take Dez Bryant at #2 if he is there...and he should be. The guy picking at #1 has terrible RBs.

My issue is at #12 and 14. RBs like Ben Tate, Montario Hardesty, Anthony Dixon and LaGarrette Blount are likely to be available but I am also toying w/ the idea of packaging the picks and moving up to like the 8-9 spot to ensure myself Arrelious Benn.

I know it's early and the real draft hasn't happened yet, but I feel I am in great shape for the now (best record...lost the Championship) and it's smarter to draft the better player regardless of situation since it's a dynasty league. Sooo...do I make the move for Benn and corner the market of the big play WRs of this draft, or do I go safe and get some more young QB talent for the future?

Unless some of you like LaFell better than Benn

Please discuss. bash. etc.
I think it's tough to project the value of a WR until you know which QB will be throwing to them. I don't think your WR are that weak. A RB survives on their own....well with a decent OL. While your RB's had a decent year, MJD hasn't shown it every year, Jacobs had a lousy year and I think Jones may have a down year with Greene. I'd take Dixon.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:54 AM   #5
27atwater
THANK U!

sphincter says "what"?

Thanx for the input fellas.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:56 AM   #6
27atwater
THANK U!

sphincter says "what"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Why even bother? A team like that should run itself for the next 5 to 6 years... Those guys obviously don't know how to evaluate talent
I've also done a decent job of trading studs a bit past their primes for younger talent/1st round picks. I just traded Carson palmer for Flacco and Jacobs. I cleaned up on that one, but some dudes get stuck on a name. I've missed on some myself, but for the most part I've made pretty solid decisions.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: