The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who improves the most in 2010?
Knowshon Moreno 50 29.59%
Robert Ayers 62 36.69%
Alphonso Smith 26 15.38%
Darcel McBath 20 11.83%
David Bruton 4 2.37%
Richard Quinn 5 2.96%
Kenny McKinley 0 0%
Other 2 1.18%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2010, 11:45 AM   #1
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default Which 2nd year player will make the biggest jump in 2010?

Positive Thread!
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Love it.

Honestly, I think it's Ayers. I think he's going to fly out of the gate and have a great 2010 season.

I think Moreno will be pretty good too, but I think that the guy who led all rookies in rushing actually had a pretty good rookie year, that's how much of a moron I am.

I think Ayers has the biggest jump.

I think we might be waiting and hoping for Alphonso in year three, unfortunately.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:47 AM   #3
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I voted for Moreno with the hope that we can improve the interior line and really get him going. My second choice would be McBath. I really liked what I saw from him.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:49 AM   #4
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Probably should answer my own thread. I actually have high hopes for most of these guys. I think Moreno's going to make the greatest impact because his knee will be healthy, the OL (hopefully) better and a system with coaching that better fits his skill set.

With that, I like Smith (suprise!) to make the biggest jump in his second year. The game was coming too fast for him as a rookie but I like his work ethic and mindset, and I do believe that with experience he'll be an absolute ballhawk. I like Smith to make a major impact next season, go Broncos!
Old 02-18-2010, 11:49 AM   #5
bap454
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
Positive Thread!
I agree, we definately need a positive thread. In reallity theres not a wrong answer. They were all a major disapointments...cant really get anyworse, right?
bap454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:50 AM   #6
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

I think Alphonso proves his worth next year.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:50 AM   #7
Broncosfreak_56
Concrete Cyanide

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Every week it seemed ayers was close to making a big play. I think he will bring it next year.
Broncosfreak_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #8
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Knowshon - because we'll upgrade the line.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #9
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
Love it.

Honestly, I think it's Ayers. I think he's going to fly out of the gate and have a great 2010 season.

I think Moreno will be pretty good too, but I think that the guy who led all rookies in rushing actually had a pretty good rookie year, that's how much of a moron I am.

I think Ayers has the biggest jump.
He was playing a lot better to me late in the season, I'm not sure he'll ever be a dominate sack guy but I could see him as a really solid member of the defense. I don't think there was another player on the team who had to adjust as much as he did, not only going from college to the NFL but DE to OLB. He would be my #3 behind Smith and Quinn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNeckbeard View Post
My second choice would be McBath. I really liked what I saw from him.
Dude looks like a stud, that pick against Manning was sweet. I'm not sure he'll be starting this year with Dawk and Hill still here but I think he'll be a key contributor to our defense in some packages and be a starter in the future.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:53 AM   #10
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap454 View Post
They were all a major disapointments...cant really get anyworse, right?
Of course it could've been worse. Knowshon could've not led rookies in rushing, Ayers could've been inactive week-to-week, McBath could've looked like crap instead of awesome when he played and Bruton could've not been our best ST player.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:56 AM   #11
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Moreno doesn't have tons of room for improvement imo, the Oline does though. Fonzie will be better this year.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:56 AM   #12
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap454 View Post
I agree, we definately need a positive thread. In reallity theres not a wrong answer. They were all a major disapointments...cant really get anyworse, right?
Ahem:

I respectfully disagree.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:07 PM   #13
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

This is a great poll IMO. All of these guys, with the exception of perhaps Moreno, have the potential to do FAR more than they did this past season. And some guys in particular, like Quinn and McKinley, could be asked to do quite a bit this year if the guys ahead of them (namely Schef and Marshall) move on in trades.

The favorites are probably Smith and Ayers, just because of where they were selected in the draft and what is expected of them compared to the other guys. I'll go with Ayers, mostly because of what I and some others saw of him this season when it appeared that often he was just a half step slower than Dumervil in getting to the QB. If he can simply tweak his game a little bit and if Doom stays healthy, he could find himself on the receiving end of those sacks.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:13 PM   #14
jhat01
Ring of Famer

Knuckle Dragging Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ManRam

I voted for Smith. I'm hoping he's going to be our nickel guy. I think Ayers improves as well, but like Montrose, I don't know if he's gona be a big time sack guy. Knowshon had a good year. I think he will be conditioned for the "grind" a lot better next year. The kid took a pounding and played through several dings. YOu gotta love his work ethic.

The ST contributions we got from the safeties were very, very good and they got a chance to learn behind one of the best. I can't wait!

Last edited by jhat01; 02-18-2010 at 12:32 PM..
jhat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:20 PM   #15
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I think Moreno is going to play with a chip on his shoulder this year, and improve some of the little things that will make a big change
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:31 PM   #16
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

I think Moreno will make the biggest step with McD moving to a power running attack. I look for a big year next year from Moreno. But I also see Ayers and Smith making considerable contributions!
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:36 PM   #17
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Ayers - he has nowhere to go but up.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:38 PM   #18
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Ayers and it won't even be close.

Defensive linemen and pass rushers always take a little longer to get into the league than many other positions and Ayers as has been said already was just lacking half a step or a step on many occasions. I think with another year, good coaching by Wink and some more mental reps in front of the video he should be ready to really bust out and do some damage.

You could say Al Smith based on his woeful performance in 09, it can only go one way right? but I think in terms of performance Ayers will outperform Smith by miles.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:38 PM   #19
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf View Post
Ayers - he has nowhere to go but up.
Along those lines, I voted Quinn. With zero catches 2009, there's also nowhere to go but up.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:47 PM   #20
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

"Improve the most" is the key here.

I like McBath here because he is starting at zero and we will need a safety to step up next year.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:50 PM   #21
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I hope they all do. We spent alot on those first 5 guys, so they have to pay off. They were all rookies and did pretty well. Even Quinn did o.k. on special teams. And even though I've been tough on Smith...the kid has the talent...it's just putting it all together on the field.

I think it will be Moreno. He was a stud in college and really didn't know what he was getting himself in to. Now he's experienced it. I say he rushes for 1300+yds and has a 4.5yd per carry season with 10 TD's.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:54 PM   #22
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I guess the main positive I see right now...is that all 5 of our first choices last year...still have a shot at being good.

Certainly couldn't say that about Moss and/or who was the guy selected after him?
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:58 PM   #23
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
This is a great poll IMO. All of these guys, with the exception of perhaps Moreno, have the potential to do FAR more than they did this past season. And some guys in particular, like Quinn and McKinley, could be asked to do quite a bit this year if the guys ahead of them (namely Schef and Marshall) move on in trades.

The favorites are probably Smith and Ayers, just because of where they were selected in the draft and what is expected of them compared to the other guys. I'll go with Ayers, mostly because of what I and some others saw of him this season when it appeared that often he was just a half step slower than Dumervil in getting to the QB. If he can simply tweak his game a little bit and if Doom stays healthy, he could find himself on the receiving end of those sacks.
I am hoping it is Ayers, I didn't see the promise others here did in him last year but I hope he can be a force in some aspect of the D.

BTW is Ayers supposed to be a pass rusher or run stopper or jack of all trades?

I couldn't get a read on what this guy was good at because he made no impact and it is hard to see on TV.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:08 PM   #24
outdoor_miner
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Good thread. I said Knowshon, although it was tough between he and Ayers. Yes - he did pretty good his first year. BUT - I'm hopeful that next year, we'll all be thinking: "THAT'S why we spent the #12 pick on a running back." Comparing his college tape to what I saw on the field, I think he hasn't come close to performing at the level he can. At least - I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
outdoor_miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:08 PM   #25
broncowill
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Well Smith Ayers and Moreno will probably be the only ones playing enough to do anything but I'll go with Ayers
broncowill is offline   Reply With Quote