The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2010, 10:46 PM   #1
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default If the Cavaliers get Amare', will they beat the Lakers for the title?

Looks more and more like this deal to send Amare to Cleveland is going to go through. With James, Shaq and now Amare, are they set to dethrone the Lakeshow?

But apparently the Miami Heat are really pushing to make a deal to acquire Stoudemire. With Wade and Amare', the Heat could really make a serious push in the playoffs.

I think the Suns still prefer the Sixers deal where they would get Iguadala but the Sixers still haven't totally commited to that deal. Their time is running out. The Suns are going to deal Amare and only days away from the deadline, they probably won't wait till the last minute when things could just fall apart.

So, if Amare goes to the Heat or the Calvs, would that be enough to take the Lakers down? I certainly think if the Calves get Amare, they are the clear favorite in the East and could indeed take out the Lakers. If the Heat landed Amare, I think that puts them right there with Boston and Cleveland in the hunt for the top seed in the East.

Wow, that would be one hell of a series and I think Cleveland would come out on top.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2010, 10:48 PM   #2
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Go anyone not named the Lakers!

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:52 PM   #3
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Probably not. Amare will disrupt the chemistry they have and is one demensional. As much as he helps you on Offense he kills your team defensively and rebounding. I say no he doesn't but I hate the lakers so I hope so.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:56 PM   #4
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

He's a ball hog and poor defensively.

I hope he Lakers get him, honestly.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:16 PM   #5
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

He is the only guy that I wouldn't be upset with trading J.J Hickson for. I don't think things really would change that much other then teams would have to respect the 4 position for the Cavs.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:23 PM   #6
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
He is the only guy that I wouldn't be upset with trading J.J Hickson for. I don't think things really would change that much other then teams would have to respect the 4 position for the Cavs.
His defensive efforts and rebounding is atrocious at times. There is a reason the SUNS are moving him. He can score though but the problem is the guy he is guarding will score a lot more than normal.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:26 PM   #7
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

don't count out the Nuggets. they have played a good chunk of this season without either Melo or Billups and continued playing at a very high level. now add in that they are really pushing to acquire Tyrus Thomas.

if any of those deals do go through though. the talent gap between Lakers and everyone else gets a hell of a lot smaller.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:32 PM   #8
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbroncfan View Post
His defensive efforts and rebounding is atrocious at times. There is a reason the SUNS are moving him. He can score though but the problem is the guy he is guarding will score a lot more than normal.
lol, Hickson isn't a all-star defender either. He has upside and moves well without the ball but he doesn't have much of a jump shot yet. I'm sure there are a number of reasons why the Suns are trying to move him. Getting something when they know he isn't going to resign with them is on top of that list. Amare Stoudemire might be that great at D, who knows maybe he will improve under Brown but I can tell you this it does give someone the Cavs can count on to score when James is on the bench. The Cavs blow big leads when James rests.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:49 PM   #9
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

What are the Heat going to give then? I heard the Suns didn't want any part of Michael Beasley but I guess that has changed now. I think the 76ers would be fools to trade Andre Iguodala for a guy that won't resign with them. Corey Maggette's name is now being rumored to the Cavaliers for Hickson.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:53 PM   #10
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
lol, Hickson isn't a all-star defender either. He has upside and moves well without the ball but he doesn't have much of a jump shot yet. I'm sure there are a number of reasons why the Suns are trying to move him. Getting something when they know he isn't going to resign with them is on top of that list. Amare Stoudemire might be that great at D, who knows maybe he will improve under Brown but I can tell you this it does give someone the Cavs can count on to score when James is on the bench. The Cavs blow big leads when James rests.
You sound like a SUNS fan from a few years ago defending his piss poor play on one side of the court. SUNS have shopped him more than this year. He should help Cleveland but it has the potential to destroy their chemistry too.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:02 AM   #11
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbroncfan View Post
You sound like a SUNS fan from a few years ago defending his piss poor play on one side of the court. SUNS have shopped him more than this year. He should help Cleveland but it has the potential to destroy their chemistry too.
I'm not defending his play at all. I simply saying that Hickson is raw and defense isn't always that great either. If Amare is a step down on D then so be it. The Cavs are getting 8.4 points per game from Anderson Varejao and 7.4 from Hickson. Amare would improve the scoring from the PF. Also Anderson Varejao disappeared in the playoffs last year. I don't think the Cavs want to risk something like that again. As for the chemistry, I'm aware of that. I have said many times in the NBA thread that I would rather the Cavs not trade anyone, but if we did I would prefer it be for Amare then Jamison.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:36 AM   #12
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I feel bad for the Cavs front office. The pressure they must be under this season must be unreal.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:56 AM   #13
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Amare is overrated. I don't see his addition to the east impacting the Lakers. He's been with Shaq and Nash (a two time MVP) and they didn't accomplish jack squat.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:02 AM   #14
extralife
Ring of Famer

It doesn't matter whether they get Amare or not. He doesn't even address the biggest weakness any team has against LA, which is post defense and rebounding, because he can't defend or rebound. Cleveland wins a title when Lebron feels like kicking into overdrive. He's never done that. He plays hard, works hard, whatever, but he doesn't have that edge yet, and they won't win until he has it because that team is garbage. when he gets that edge they will win because he is a transcendent athlete.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:56 AM   #15
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock View Post
He's a ball hog and poor defensively.

I hope he Lakers get him, honestly.
Once again you prove yourself an idiot
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:47 AM   #16
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Nope GO LAKERS
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:26 AM   #17
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

I'm not a huge Amare fan, but he would make the Cavs better, and they're already a good team. A big Laker advantage is the Pau/Bynum/Odom size advantage, and Shaq and Amare would combat that.

It'd be a good finals.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:13 AM   #18
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

All these teams that are allowed to make trades at the deadline to make themselves better can go **** themselves.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:26 AM   #19
Carmelo15
Chauncey!

Jeyton Mannway

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Omar Bolden

This Amare to the Cavs deal is about keeping LeBron in Cleveland. Whether they win this year or not this trade is about the future. They now have another legit young allstar to grow with LeBron n entice him to stay. He is to LeBron what Pau was to Kobe
Carmelo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:04 AM   #20
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Lakers won't beat Denver for the West. Mark it down.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:05 AM   #21
orangemonkey
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
Lakers won't beat Denver for the West. Mark it down.
Yes!!! I agree.
orangemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:45 AM   #22
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

They still wont beat the Lakers.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:56 AM   #23
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

This will make the Cavs a better team. Hickson scores the majority of his points in the paint with LeBron putting him in good positions to be successful. Amare doesn't completely rely on alley oop dunks like Hickson. Sure, he's not an all world defender, but look at what we would be giving up. Illgauskus (sp?) will likely resign with the cavs afterwards. The Magic don't have Turkey Glue this year to kill them from the outside. Frankly, I think this is every bit the steal that the Gasol trade was for the Lakers a few years ago.
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:57 AM   #24
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
They still wont beat the Lakers.
You're right they won't be playing them in the finals. Lakers won't make it.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:57 AM   #25
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelo15 View Post
This Amare to the Cavs deal is about keeping LeBron in Cleveland. Whether they win this year or not this trade is about the future. They now have another legit young allstar to grow with LeBron n entice him to stay. He is to LeBron what Pau was to Kobe
Spot on.