The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2010, 08:35 AM   #1
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default Mile High Report Mock Draft

This guy always has an interesting take on things

http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/2...t-17#storyjump
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2010, 08:45 AM   #2
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Not the worst i've seen out there!
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:58 AM   #3
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

That mock made me throw up in my mouth a little. Don't be surprised to see Pouncey still on the board in the 3rd round. I'm just saying.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:12 AM   #4
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Pipe dream mock draft with unrealistic trades and position values for players. Good effort though.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:08 AM   #5
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I think he forgot to include the 5th rounder (from his hypothetical trade with AZ)
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:04 AM   #6
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Meh, we don't really know what McD wants yet, I think this is the year we finally get an idea of his long term tendencies.

First, I hope that if Bradford is still there that McD takes him. Lots of talk back and forth about Bradford, but I don't know hoe you pass on a potential franchise QB with a 10 pick. Take him.

Second, I don't think LB's were our big problem last year, and I think that finding LB's in free agency is often easier than finding quality help on the D-line. We need blue chip talent on the D-line, not 20 good linebackers. Draft some D-line help in the first three rounds (or pay out the ass in free agency).

I'm ok with taking Pouncey with our natural second round pick if he's there, but I just don't think he's a first rounder. I would rather draft a big beast of a Guard than over spend for Pouncey.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:13 PM   #7
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Everytime you draft a Gator a puppy dies - do you want to be responsible for killing puppies? DON'T DRAFT GATORS!
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:49 PM   #8
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Everytime you draft a Gator a puppy dies - do you want to be responsible for killing puppies? DON'T DRAFT GATORS!
So no Tebow with the 10 pick?
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:52 PM   #9
Zoobie
Love Machine

The John Fox trot

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

I hate mocks that include trades
Zoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:31 PM   #10
mattob14
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

So we'd essentially turn #10 into Pouncey, Bowman (after already drafting Spikes), and Newhouse? With all the d-line talent available this year, that would have to be considered a HUGE failure.
mattob14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:51 PM   #11
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoobie View Post
I hate mocks that include trades
I fully agree.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:48 AM   #12
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Total mistake draft IMHO. This is THE year to go get DL help, and no matter what ANYONE says it is still the greatest position of need on a team whose defense has fallen apart in the second half of seasons for four straight years. Yes, the OL could use some interior help. But very good interior OL are available later in drafts and especially in this one with no clear cut studs on the inside.

I have to wonder about the scouting skills of anyone who thinks Pouncey is NFL ready too. He came out of a gimmick offense with unreal talent around him with wide splits and very little protection calls. Centers have to be extremely smart and adept at protection at the next level and I just do not see that immediately being there with this kid. Add in the fact that he has some of the worst run blocking technique I have ever seen for such a highly ranked Center at this point and I would be more than pissed if they traded out of 10 to get Pouncey and Bowman.

Bowman is a 4-3 Will on a one gap team who will protect him. Put him in the 3-4, anyware at LB, and he will be pummeled and completely ineffective. Think Ian Gold without half the ability to read the play when you think of Bowman. Bowman still has not seen a block he will not try and run around. He might be able to play Will at the next level, but I am not drafting him off his tape.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:53 AM   #13
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Total mistake draft IMHO. This is THE year to go get DL help, and no matter what ANYONE says it is still the greatest position of need on a team whose defense has fallen apart in the second half of seasons for four straight years. Yes, the OL could use some interior help. But very good interior OL are available later in drafts and especially in this one with no clear cut studs on the inside.

I have to wonder about the scouting skills of anyone who thinks Pouncey is NFL ready too. He came out of a gimmick offense with unreal talent around him with wide splits and very little protection calls. Centers have to be extremely smart and adept at protection at the next level and I just do not see that immediately being there with this kid. Add in the fact that he has some of the worst run blocking technique I have ever seen for such a highly ranked Center at this point and I would be more than pissed if they traded out of 10 to get Pouncey and Bowman.

Bowman is a 4-3 Will on a one gap team who will protect him. Put him in the 3-4, anyware at LB, and he will be pummeled and completely ineffective. Think Ian Gold without half the ability to read the play when you think of Bowman. Bowman still has not seen a block he will not try and run around. He might be able to play Will at the next level, but I am not drafting him off his tape.
Guess you don't like the draft?

I agree on Pouncey, he is really really bad when comes to technique and I think that his NFL position is a guard.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:03 AM   #14
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Guess you don't like the draft?

I agree on Pouncey, he is really really bad when comes to technique and I think that his NFL position is a guard.
No, I really do not. It is a talent epic fail in one of the deepest drafts in a decade. To wind up with those 2 players alone, with so many great players available would really suck. The opportunity cost of that draft would put DEN negative versus moving forward in this system.

I like Jacoby Ford, but he is no Desean Jackson (never thought I would say that ). Picking him would be counter productive for this offense. I really like MHR, but this one is probably the worst mock draft DEN could get IMHO.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:11 AM   #15
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
No, I really do not. It is a talent epic fail in one of the deepest drafts in a decade. To wind up with those 2 players alone, with so many great players available would really suck. The opportunity cost of that draft would put DEN negative versus moving forward in this system.

I like Jacoby Ford, but he is no Desean Jackson (never thought I would say that ). Picking him would be counter productive for this offense. I really like MHR, but this one is probably the worst mock draft DEN could get IMHO.
It was done by someone that doesn't understand this draft and went with name vs pro-potential .

Have you looked at tape of Martin Tevaseu (UNLV DT) or Ekom Udofia (Standford DT/NT) yet? Udofia is coming an ankle injury, but I think he could be very good pro NT.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:45 PM   #16
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
It was done by someone that doesn't understand this draft and went with name vs pro-potential .

Have you looked at tape of Martin Tevaseu (UNLV DT) or Ekom Udofia (Standford DT/NT) yet? Udofia is coming an ankle injury, but I think he could be very good pro NT.
Nope. I have got to the top 15-20 DL, LB's, and DB's at this point. I have also watched a good amount of OL while doing that. That is why I can be so against Pouncey and Bowman.

I will go back and watch the fringe players after I see them at the combine and hear a few things about who is likely to get drafted. I know Travis Ivey from Maryland is also rising up as a NT prospect. So, the list I had earlier was just guys with legit NT prospects in the pros. That does not include late rising prospects like Ivey and the 2 you mentioned who will get in front of GM's on film the next few weeks before INDY. I should also have some offensive players done byt then as well.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:43 PM   #17
Drek
Ring of Famer

Anyone who thinks Myron Rolle isn't going by the end of the second round is fooling themselves. He's in perfect position to blow up the combine, be an amazing interview, and get some team completely sold on him as the guy running their secondary for years to come.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:20 PM   #18
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

You can't have a 6-5 320 pound center can you? That seems more like guard or tackle like size. I guess Nick Mangold is 6-4 305 pounds and Kevin Mawae is 6-4. That just seems really tall for the middle too me.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:05 PM   #19
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post

First, I hope that if Bradford is still there that McD takes him. Lots of talk back and forth about Bradford, but I don't know hoe you pass on a potential franchise QB with a 10 pick. Take him.
if Bradford is there when we pick, skip him or trade that pick to a team that wants him.

if we have to get a 1st round QB, hope it is Clausen.

i want no part of Bradford. not comfortable spending a potential top 10 pick on a guy with as many injuries to his throwing shoulder as Bradford.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:10 PM   #20
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncoman4ever View Post
if bradford is there when we pick, skip him or trade that pick to a team that wants him.

If we have to get a 1st round qb, hope it is clausen.

I want no part of bradford. Not comfortable spending a potential top 10 pick on a guy with as many injuries to his throwing shoulder as bradford.
one
Old 02-13-2010, 06:25 PM   #21
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post

Not to mention everytime you draft a Penn St. player a team fails. Geez
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:31 AM   #22
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
one
there were 2 to the same shoulder within 1 season.

he got injured, rehabbed, got on the field again and re-injured the same shoulder.

1 shoulder, 2 injuries to it.

i just worry that we get him and he ends up as a new version of Chad Pennington
Old 02-14-2010, 11:30 AM   #23
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Anyone who thinks Myron Rolle isn't going by the end of the second round is fooling themselves. He's in perfect position to blow up the combine, be an amazing interview, and get some team completely sold on him as the guy running their secondary for years to come.
I like Myron, but teams are going to press him about his lack of playmaking ability alot, just like Taylor Mays. Those 2 guys were the top rated Safeties coming out of HS in a long time, yet that did not transfer to being the total studs on the field people expected. Both played in very friendly schemes to shine as well.

I hope he does nail the combine, but his tape from mobile shows how rusty he was especially in space and coverage. If someone takes him that high, it will be a team that thinks his LTI (length to impact) is still ahead of players who played last year, even when he showed a lot of rust in Mobile. Personally, I like Nate Allen out of USF more at this point in the second than Myron. However, I have been burned by second round grade safeties before (Josh Gattis-Wake Forest Cough Cough)
Old 02-14-2010, 12:29 PM   #24
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
there were 2 to the same shoulder within 1 season.

he got injured, rehabbed, got on the field again and re-injured the same shoulder.

1 shoulder, 2 injuries to it.

i just worry that we get him and he ends up as a new version of Chad Pennington
His rehab was just get him back on the field not to fix the problem. He was going to have surgery on it in the off-season. He didn't do anymore damage to it. The only thing he did was try and play hurt and found out he could not play with it. If the original problem would have been fixed and hurt it again then yes I would agree that it was two.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:29 PM   #25
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
His rehab was just get him back on the field not to fix the problem. He was going to have surgery on it in the off-season. He didn't do anymore damage to it. The only thing he did was try and play hurt and found out he could not play with it. If the original problem would have been fixed and hurt it again then yes I would agree that it was two.
my bad. i thought he injured it, it got better and then he promptly got hurt again.

still not very high on him. of the guys who are the top of this QB class, in my opinion Bradford Clausen and Lefevour, i think in 5 years Lefevour is the best of the group

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: