The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2010, 08:38 PM   #1
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins
Default Broncos hold line on ticket prices for next season

With an eye toward a still-struggling economy and the fact they are coming off their fourth consecutive non-playoff season, the Broncos announced today they will not raise prices for season tickets.

It is the second consecutive year the team has not raised ticket prices.

The Broncos, who finished 8-8 after a 6-0 start this past season, will also reduce prices for tickets in the club level of Invesco Field at Mile High. Team officials said today the reduction will be almost 21 percent.

"We recognize and understand the economic challenges facing our fans," said Broncos senior vice president of business development Mac Freeman in a statement. "Their support for the Broncos has remained overwhelming despite an uncertain financial climate. We appreciate their loyalty and want to make sure they can continue to share in the excitement of our team during the 2010 season."

The Broncos held the line on prices after an 8-8 finish in 2008 as well.

Single-game prices on season tickets will remain between $77-$110 in the lower bowl of the stadium and between $42-$63 in the upper bowl.

Denver has won one playoff game since closing out the 1998 season with a Super Bowl victory.

Since that Super Bowl win, the Broncos have increased ticket prices seven times before electing not to increase prices before the 2009 season.

The Broncos also announced today they will designate four sections - about 750 seats - on the stadium's club level as a family zone. This will be an alcohol-free area in the stadium and fans will be given the option to relocate their seats, based on their season-ticket priority number.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz0fIFEexPW
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2010, 08:41 PM   #2
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

That's a nice move!
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:57 PM   #3
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Nice move.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:18 PM   #4
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

uhhh, nice move?
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:41 PM   #5
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

i hate this family friendly and white collar bull**** that the NFL is doing to the stadiums. it is getting to the point that i would rather just sit at home and watch on the big screen and have a good time with family and friends drinking beer, munching on whatever chips, dips, pizza or whatever is there and cheering as loud as we want without fear of some uptight douchebag going and complaining to ushers that we are too loud and making the game unenjoyable for them instead of going to the stadium
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:47 PM   #6
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconia View Post
uhhh, nice move?
Ideally you'd want the masses to get the "discount", but not having to raise the ticket prices is a good thing nonetheless...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:52 PM   #7
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster69 View Post
Ideally you'd want the masses to get the "discount", but not having to raise the ticket prices is a good thing nonetheless...
lol it was a joke, three nice moves in a row...

I actually think it's really cool, all of my season ticket holding friends are stoked
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:02 AM   #8
RMT
Rocky Mountain Thunder

anyone else find it ironic that the only ticket prices being reduced are the most expensive ones - the ones that only the rich typically can afford.

as for the "family friendly" sections - those wouldn't be necessary if people didn't go over the line in the rest of the stadium. i can certainly understand why the team would do that - the Chargers have sections like that. it's a shame that some adults aren't able to be more respectful at the games and allow EVERYONE to enjoy the game.
RMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:57 AM   #9
atomicbloke
Ring of Famer

La 12 Boca Juniors

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Offensive Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i hate this family friendly and white collar bull**** that the NFL is doing to the stadiums. it is getting to the point that i would rather just sit at home and watch on the big screen and have a good time with family and friends drinking beer, munching on whatever chips, dips, pizza or whatever is there and cheering as loud as we want without fear of some uptight douchebag going and complaining to ushers that we are too loud and making the game unenjoyable for them instead of going to the stadium
I agree. NFL games have lost all the "atmosphere", especially at Mile High.
atomicbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #10
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

I don't even think financially wealthier people can afford the higher end nfl ticket prices.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:41 AM   #11
RMT
Rocky Mountain Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I don't even think financially wealthier people can afford the higher end nfl ticket prices.
i agree - it just rubs me the wrong way a little; reducing only the club seats is akin to giving the rich a tax break while the middle and lower class don't.

i would have preferred seeing a smaller club seat price reduction and spreading the cost reduction to everyone.
RMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:46 AM   #12
RunSilentRunDeep
Ring of Famer

I root for laundry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

It's going to very interesting to see what happens with ticket prices long term. In 2020, when everyone is watching on a 3-D, 70-inch TVs from their home, it's going to be a hard sell to get people to drop hundreds of dollars just to be at the game.

I won't be surprised if ticket prices stay flat and one day all games on TV are pay per view.
RunSilentRunDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:49 AM   #13
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

I'm a season ticket holder, and I'm thrilled about this move. Nice work.

A reduction across the board would be nice, I agree... but having the club level empty is a bad sign for any team. I can understand wanting to get butts in those seats.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:17 AM   #14
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicbloke View Post
I agree. NFL games have lost all the "atmosphere", especially at Mile High.
it is becoming terrible at Mile High. if you don't get seats in the south stands to hang out with the other Bronco Maniacs, you run the risk of being asked to leave if you are too loud.

in 2008, during the i think week 3 game against the Saints, a few friends and I were having a great time, bear in mind no alcohol was involved because one of my friends has a problem with booze so none of us drank, we were in club level seating which is awesome and we were cheering and yelling and rooting for our Broncos, and someone went and got security to come and tell us to quiet down or you are going to have to leave.

we heard that, and were all stunned, like dude this is a football game, we paid like 100 bucks for each of our seats. i understand the franchise wanting to get more of the white collar people with money in the stadium and make it more of a wine and cheese club on sundays, but in doing that, they are pissing off the real fans who are with the team all the time, during ****ty weather or when the team isn't particularly good.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:09 PM   #15
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Rockin' good news.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:40 PM   #16
Broncomutt
Looking for

the Sunflower Samurai

After the past 4 years, season tickets should be half price. The team only shows up for the first half of the season, why should people pay for the whole thing?
Broncomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:22 PM   #17
broncofan2438
Faneco this...

LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER

Thats probably the only good move they will make all off season
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:23 PM   #18
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post
Single-game prices on season tickets will remain between $77-$110 in the lower bowl of the stadium and between $42-$63 in the upper bowl.
I pay $65 a game for mine. They're in the upper bowl. Does this mean they're lowering them?
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:42 PM   #19
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconia View Post
lol it was a joke, three nice moves in a row...

I actually think it's really cool, all of my season ticket holding friends are stoked
Yeah right. The first installment is due March 3rd and I'm not so stoked considering the state of the economy.

I guess someone has to pay for Pats next fur coat.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:45 PM   #20
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMT View Post
i agree - it just rubs me the wrong way a little; reducing only the club seats is akin to giving the rich a tax break while the middle and lower class don't.

i would have preferred seeing a smaller club seat price reduction and spreading the cost reduction to everyone.
**** the real fans and rub the wine and cheese crowd. I so close to telling the Bronco to go **** themselves, it's not even funny anymore. Our family has been supporting this team since the sixties and some clowns who bought their way in in 2001 get treated better than the diehards.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote