The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default About this Saints SB Win

OK Now that the Saints won a Superbowl. Everyone else agree their never-ending bandwagon since Katrina can end? The Saints are the same as every other team, they've rebounded. Great Job, and major props to that City and Organization they've done something special, but everyone else, ****off the bandwagon please
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2010, 06:48 PM   #2
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

yes. I think it can end. Now the refs and america (small a intended) can get on with trying to be something other than a "give it to the idiots that can't win without help" nation.

Don't get me wrong, I am not FOR Manning's induction into the HOF before he's even done, but the calls in the NFC championship and this ridiculous debacle has to stop. When does a WR get to make a reception without holding onto the ball? That said, Peyton screwed the pooch with his TERRIBLE throw to a covered WR. That's on Peyton.

Last edited by DarkHorse30; 02-07-2010 at 06:50 PM..
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:54 PM   #3
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 View Post
yes. I think it can end. Now the refs and america (small a intended) can get on with trying to be something other than a "give it to the idiots that can't win without help" nation.

Don't get me wrong, I am not FOR Manning's induction into the HOF before he's even done, but the calls in the NFC championship and this ridiculous debacle has to stop. When does a WR get to make a reception without holding onto the ball? That said, Peyton screwed the pooch with his TERRIBLE throw to a covered WR. That's on Peyton.
Are you talking about the 2 point conversion? He has posession and broke the plane, play over. The fact that the guy kicked the ball out of his hand means nothing at that point. In fact this was a well officiated superbowl, which was nice to see.

As for the Saints bandwagon. I think Katrina is a media angle. I personally rooted for them becasue they've never won anything of note, and I like Drew Brees.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:58 PM   #4
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Are you talking about the 2 point conversion? He has posession and broke the plane, play over. The fact that the guy kicked the ball out of his hand means nothing at that point. In fact this was a well officiated superbowl, which was nice to see.

As for the Saints bandwagon. I think Katrina is a media angle. I personally rooted for them becasue they've never won anything of note, and I like Drew Brees.
Couldn't agree more. I saw holding on both sides that wasn't called, I saw spearing, THANK YOU refs for letting them play the game. And it would have been an injustice for them not to allow that 2 pts. He had control enough to cross the ball over the plane, then was hit. I rooted for them for the same reason. I'm happy for the people that needed to find joy from this who were in Katrina, but this was football and an organization that has been the dog of the NFL for so long, earned and won this. Congrats to the Saints.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:01 PM   #5
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:10 PM   #6
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

Exactly. That was one of the better called games I've seen. The refs let the play on the field decide it.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:15 PM   #7
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Couldn't agree more. I saw holding on both sides that wasn't called, I saw spearing, THANK YOU refs for letting them play the game. And it would have been an injustice for them not to allow that 2 pts. He had control enough to cross the ball over the plane, then was hit. I rooted for them for the same reason. I'm happy for the people that needed to find joy from this who were in Katrina, but this was football and an organization that has been the dog of the NFL for so long, earned and won this. Congrats to the Saints.
Exactly! Love it!

I also love that my bro-in-law Colts/Yankees fan can't brag about two World Championships...I texted him and said "who dat" the best he could come up with was Bronco fans are pathetic! ! So I sent him a pic of Drew with the Lombardi trophy! !

Last edited by Sassy; 02-07-2010 at 07:29 PM..
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:25 PM   #8
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

X2 Best officiating I've seen in ages.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:32 PM   #9
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Why does it always come down to the superbowl before the officials let the players play? Why can't the league make it consistantly like it was tonight? Ticky tack calls, make up calls, and game-changing-WTF's are so commonplace that it has become just "part of the game." Yet the superbowl comes along, and the difference in the officiating is night and day compared to the preceeding regular season and post season.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:33 PM   #10
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

Quote:

Yes, I am happy for the Saints and their faithful, and I think Brees is 100% MVP worthy
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:36 PM   #11
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:

Gotta agree with this! I think it's funny that a former QB of San Diego won a super bowl for another team!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:45 PM   #12
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Quote:

I agree. One of the best officiated games I have watched in awhile. They kept the flag in their pockets and let them play.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:05 PM   #13
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:09 PM   #14
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 View Post

Um that was one of the best instant replay calls in the history of this new Instant Replay format. The officiating was far from redicules (misspelled on purpose for Kaylore) it was spot on.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:10 PM   #15
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Why does it always come down to the superbowl before the officials let the players play? Why can't the league make it consistantly like it was tonight? Ticky tack calls, make up calls, and game-changing-WTF's are so commonplace that it has become just "part of the game." Yet the superbowl comes along, and the difference in the officiating is night and day compared to the preceeding regular season and post season.
*Unless the Steelers are involved.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:18 PM   #16
Meck77

Props to the Saints fans. When I say that I mean those that were actually fans more than a few years ago. I went to the Broncos @ Saints game about 5 years ago. It's the only NFL game I'd ever been to where the home fans were cussing at one another more than the opposing fans. They were so angry it was unreal. There is a bandwagon after any NFL team wins a SB but there really weren't that many saints fans back then.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:25 PM   #17
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

I never attached the Saints to Katrina, and was kind of annoyed that so many people did. I felt bad for the folks in New Orleans, but that doesn't mean that the Saints deserve a Super Bowl. I never attached the two.

I'm glad the Saints won the game. Good for them.

As for that two point conversion, I liked the way the ref called it. That is how it should always be called. But it is never called like that these days. The way it's been called for the last ten years, which I hate, is that the receiver had to maintain control of the ball as he hits the ground. Even if he's out of bounds or in the endzone, if that ball pops out, even if he's on the ground, it's not a catch. So I was really surprised that they gave him the catch on that play. Going by the way it's been called over the last 10 years, that should have been an incomplete pass.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:26 PM   #18
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

I blame George Bush
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:28 PM   #19
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in McLA View Post
I never attached the Saints to Katrina, and was kind of annoyed that so many people did. I felt bad for the folks in New Orleans, but that doesn't mean that the Saints deserve a Super Bowl. I never attached the two.

I'm glad the Saints won the game. Good for them.

As for that two point conversion, I liked the way the ref called it. That is how it should always be called. But it is never called like that these days. The way it's been called for the last ten years, which I hate, is that the receiver had to maintain control of the ball as he hits the ground. Even if he's out of bounds or in the endzone, if that ball pops out, even if he's on the ground, it's not a catch. So I was really surprised that they gave him the catch on that play. Going by the way it's been called over the last 10 years, that should have been an incomplete pass.
Wait a second. How can you not attach a SB to the city?

When Denver won a SB it felt like my city did. We had won a SB. After SB 32 we were no longer a city of losers. It felt that bad. You guys at least had the Lakers to hang your hats on. We had nothing. Those saints fans had nothing.

It sounds silly now but all those SB losses before 97 were devastating to Denver. It's even ludicrous to compare it to what the people of NO went through but it did unite the city and this will solidify their town as winners.

Last edited by Meck77; 02-07-2010 at 08:30 PM..
Old 02-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #20
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Wait a second. How can you not attach a SB to the city?

When Denver won a SB it felt like my city did. We had won a SB. After SB 32 we were no longer a city of losers. It felt that bad. You guys at least had the Lakers to hang your hats on. We had nothing. Those saints fans had nothing.

It sounds silly now but all those SB losses before 97 were devastating to Denver. It's even ludicrous to compare it to what the people of NO went through but it did unite the city and this will solidify their town as winners.
I'm not attaching Katrina to the Super Bowl. I was pulling for the Saints to win, but it had nothing to do with Katrina, and I thought that it was kind of annoying that a lot of people wanted the Saints to win because of that. Cities don't deserve Super Bowl titles because of stuff like that. They deserve Super Bowl titles because the team made the right moves to put them in position to win games, and then they went out and win the games.

I'm just somebody who separates the team from the city. I'm not from Denver and had never been there when I became a Broncos fan. I was 10 and really didn't know anything about the city. I have nothing against the city, but I wouldn't say that I'm a fan of the city. I've been there three times and it was cool. If the Broncos had lost another Super Bowl, sorry, but I wouldn't feel sorry for Denver. I'd feel sorry for Broncos fans, including myself. To further the point, when the Dodgers lost in the NLCS I didn't feel much of anything, and I love LA. But I'm not much of a Dodgers fan. The city didn't lose, the Dodgers did.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:27 PM   #21
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
I'm not attaching Katrina to the Super Bowl. I was pulling for the Saints to win, but it had nothing to do with Katrina, and I thought that it was kind of annoying that a lot of people wanted the Saints to win because of that. Cities don't deserve Super Bowl titles because of stuff like that. They deserve Super Bowl titles because the team made the right moves to put them in position to win games, and then they went out and win the games.

I'm just somebody who separates the team from the city. I'm not from Denver and had never been there when I became a Broncos fan. I was 10 and really didn't know anything about the city. I have nothing against the city, but I wouldn't say that I'm a fan of the city. I've been there three times and it was cool. If the Broncos had lost another Super Bowl, sorry, but I wouldn't feel sorry for Denver. I'd feel sorry for Broncos fans, including myself. To further the point, when the Dodgers lost in the NLCS I didn't feel much of anything, and I love LA. But I'm not much of a Dodgers fan. The city didn't lose, the Dodgers did.
You would think that if the saints didnt win, a new Katrina would come their way. And if they did, the city would magically rebuild itself.

Anyway, Im happy for the Saints cuz I remember what its like. When the Avs came here and won the cup year 1 it was cool but I was honestly learning hockey as the season went along, so it didnt mean a helluva whole lot to me. But for at least a month-3 months after the Broncos won the Super Bowl for the first time the entire region just seemed to be a happier place and in a better mood. The aftermath of that was great for the entire state.

Hell I wasnt even alive but ask some old timers what the city of Denver was like in '77.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:34 PM   #22
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Don't know what this is about? I wanted the Saints to win, and give them mad props for doing it, and how they did it. They deserve to win, and if anyone were to win it, I would want it to be them or Arizona.

I do, however, hate bandwagon fans and fakers. Like a lot of the Steelers' and Chargers' fans.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:14 AM   #23
Meck77

Quote:

I hear ya. Similarly I really don't have any concept of what it's like to be a Laker fan from Los Angeles.

Let me put it this way. Back in the 80's when I was a kid we basically had two things in Denver. There was the stock show and the Denver Broncos. We really were a cow town.

When a Denver Bronco was scheduled to talk to our school we'd have record attendance that day. Cars were plastered in Bronco stickers. They were orange, they were blue. A house done up in Bronco stuff was normal. A house that wasn't was the odd one out on the street. There were no raider, packer, or patriot fans in Denver back then.

Denver was the Denver Broncos and the Broncos were Denver.

These days people would rather sit on their couch then go to a Bronco game. Back then people would have sacrificed their first born son just for a chance to get a ticket to a game. Times have changed but the memories will not.

Broncomania will return to Denver. We're certainly in a lull right now but the next generation of Bronco fans is being born right now. They won't know what it's like to see John Elway lead a 4th QB comeback in 20 degree weather but they will be there to see the next Broncos QB do it and it won't make a lick of difference to them. The energy of being apart of the 12th man cannot be duplicated over your tv. It just can't.

But hey this is just my opinion and we all have different points of view. But today when the people of New Orleans wake up from their hangover that entire city wakes up as a Superbowl champ and not the brown bag wearing losers they once were.

It's the losses that make the victories that much sweeter.

Last edited by Meck77; 02-08-2010 at 08:24 AM..
Old 02-08-2010, 08:27 AM   #24
NOLA Bronco
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shane Swanson

I grew up in Denver, and am a Bronco maniac. I have been in NOLA for about 15 years and I will say that the Saints fans are much more passionate and live and die by every play more. It might have something to do with the spirit of the city (not invoking the K word), or the utter lack of success, but it is different. Definitely different than what Denver is like now. In Denver, winning bred complacency - we were EXPECTED to win. In NOLA - winning anything was still special.
NOLA Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:36 AM   #25
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Don't know what this is about? I wanted the Saints to win, and give them mad props for doing it, and how they did it. They deserve to win, and if anyone were to win it, I would want it to be them or Arizona.

I do, however, hate bandwagon fans and fakers. Like a lot of the Steelers' and Chargers' fans.
it was for those complaining about the refs.
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote