The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2010, 01:26 AM   #1
Killericon
YES A DT!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock
Default Early Broncos FA Prediction Thread

ITT Predict who you think the Broncos will sign as a free agent this offseason. I'm gonna go ahead and predict that Adalius Thomas is gonna be in orange and blue.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2010, 01:31 AM   #2
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Ben Watson.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:32 AM   #3
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

2 of the following 3.

Seymour.

Mankins

Wilfork.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:42 AM   #4
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
2 of the following 3.

Seymour.

Mankins

Wilfork.
Logan Mankins is a RFA so we would pay a lot for him and Wilfork will be by all acounts tagged. Two other RFA's that might draw our attention would be Kirk Morrison and Thomas Howard. Looking at just former Pats Leigh Bodden might catch our eye. Too many players are RFA this year. Nick Kaczur would be my guess as a good person to guess. I wouldn't mind Kevin Mawae.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:52 AM   #5
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Logan Mankins is a RFA so we would pay a lot for him and Wilfork will be by all acounts tagged. Two other RFA's that might draw our attention would be Kirk Morrison and Thomas Howard. Looking at just former Pats Leigh Bodden might catch our eye. Too many players are RFA this year. Nick Kaczur would be my guess as a good person to guess. I wouldn't mind Kevin Mawae.
I wouldn't rule out Mankins at all. We need a big time O-line, and some draft people would be unhappy with trading assets for him, but this guy would solidify the left side forever.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:59 AM   #6
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
I wouldn't rule out Mankins at all. We need a big time O-line, and some draft people would be unhappy with trading assets for him, but this guy would solidify the left side forever.
Clady, Mankins, Olsen (converted to center) Kuper and Harris.

That would be an epic offensive line.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:02 AM   #7
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
What did they tender him with? You want to give up the 11th pick and our third rounder for him?
Old 02-06-2010, 02:05 AM   #8
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Bronco View Post
Clady, Mankins, Olsen (converted to center) Kuper and Harris.

That would be an epic offensive line.
Would give Orton plenty of time to throw and improve the running game for sure.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:30 AM   #9
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
What did they tender him with? You want to give up the 11th pick and our third rounder for him?
Sure would, it might cost the same to get Iuputi who could be taken in the top 10. Difference is that we would pay more but the upside is that we would get a proven player. An All Pro Guard type player that will certainly help Clady on that left side. I would definitely sign up for that.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:40 AM   #10
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Sure would, it might cost the same to get Iuputi who could be taken in the top 10. Difference is that we would pay more but the upside is that we would get a proven player. An All Pro Guard type player that will certainly help Clady on that left side. I would definitely sign up for that.
I would be flat out shocked if Iuputi is taken in the top 10. I think he is good but historically G do not get drafted inside the top ten. There is a first for anything though. That is the type of trade that seals your fate. That is the type of trade that says he believes he is the missing link to pushing us over the top.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:39 AM   #11
ayjackson
Pro Bowler

Not so new to the forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Guards don't get taken in the top 10, unless your Al Davis and you think you're drafting a tackle.

We can probably get the second best guard in the draft with our second rounder.
ayjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:59 AM   #12
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Thomas is going to end up in NY. Mankins/Wilfork aren't going anywhere. We are looking at 2nd tier players like Chester Pitts.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:07 AM   #13
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Thomas is going to end up in NY. Mankins/Wilfork aren't going anywhere. We are looking at 2nd tier players like Chester Pitts.
Sadly I completely agree. People need to reel in the expectations. I think of the players mentioned in posts above Seymour is the only remote possibility.

Here's a question for people to ponder, as unlikely as it is: what would people think if we let Doom go but signed Peppers?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:11 AM   #14
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Sadly I completely agree. People need to reel in the expectations. I think of the players mentioned in posts above Seymour is the only remote possibility.

Here's a question for people to ponder, as unlikely as it is: what would people think if we let Doom go but signed Peppers?
I rather keep Doom. Peppers is a great player but is over 30 and has never played in 3/4 OLB position, plus he going to cost a boat load. If want to add another OLB, there are number of options in this draft like Sapp, Graham or Hughes.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:31 AM   #15
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

I predict that we sign Marshall and Doom to new contracts
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:37 AM   #16
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

I think we bring in Bobbie Williams for the guard spot.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:09 AM   #17
GoBroncos84
Perennial Pro-bowler

Crucify the Ego

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Ben Watson and Bobbie Williams are very realistic possibilities. From there it is hard to forecast. NT is a need, so you look at Wilfork first. After he is franchised, if the asking price is reasonable I think you have to consider working a trade (the going rate a few years ago for top tier DTs was a 3rd and 5th. We don't have a 5th, but if similar value is requested it could be worth making a deal). If you don't do a trade, then you look for the next best options: Casey Hampton and Ryan Pickett. We might be able to get one of them. If not, Dan Williams is very tempting in the first round. Defensive End would be another need. I'd like to see Vonnie Holliday resigned. Then target Richard Seymour, Dwan Edwards, Jarvis Green... try to sign one of those players. In theory we shouldn't need any secondary players. Champ and Goodman starting, with a 2nd round pick that we gave up a 1st rounder for in the nickel package and another talented young player behind him. But if Smith and Carter aren't ready, then Leigh Bodden would be a nice addition. Safety is pretty solid starting and depth positions.

So, if we land Watson and Williams, then one of the top 3 NT free agents and one of the 3 DE targets I listed, we should be in a great position going into the draft. I also predict that Dumervil and Marshall are brought back, as well as Kyle Orton and most likely Chris Kuper

Last edited by GoBroncos84; 02-06-2010 at 09:13 AM..
GoBroncos84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:44 AM   #18
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

O line and D line players
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #19
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBroncos84 View Post
Ben Watson and Bobbie Williams are very realistic possibilities. From there it is hard to forecast. NT is a need, so you look at Wilfork first. After he is franchised, if the asking price is reasonable I think you have to consider working a trade (the going rate a few years ago for top tier DTs was a 3rd and 5th. We don't have a 5th, but if similar value is requested it could be worth making a deal). If you don't do a trade, then you look for the next best options: Casey Hampton and Ryan Pickett. We might be able to get one of them. If not, Dan Williams is very tempting in the first round. Defensive End would be another need. I'd like to see Vonnie Holliday resigned. Then target Richard Seymour, Dwan Edwards, Jarvis Green... try to sign one of those players. In theory we shouldn't need any secondary players. Champ and Goodman starting, with a 2nd round pick that we gave up a 1st rounder for in the nickel package and another talented young player behind him. But if Smith and Carter aren't ready, then Leigh Bodden would be a nice addition. Safety is pretty solid starting and depth positions.

So, if we land Watson and Williams, then one of the top 3 NT free agents and one of the 3 DE targets I listed, we should be in a great position going into the draft. I also predict that Dumervil and Marshall are brought back, as well as Kyle Orton and most likely Chris Kuper
That should read "the going rate a few years ago for top tier DTs WITH HUGE QUESTION MARKS was a 3rd and 5th." Question marks in effort, discipline, and commitment don't particularly apply to guys like Wilfork or Hampton and they will NOT go for anything less than a very high 2nd.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:59 PM   #20
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

What kind of money will the Broncos have to offer? It was my understanding their cap situation isn't so great.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:18 PM   #21
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

As things stand the Broncos have one of the lowest cap numbers in the league for next year as far as I know.

The question mark isn't over our cap space, but rather how much actual money Bowlen has that he can afford to spend. Nobody really knows for sure, but there have been rumours he's been hit pretty hard the last couple of years.

My guess is we re-sign Dumervil to a big deal, and bring in a number of cheaper FA's like we did last year. I'll be surprised if we break the bank for any FA's.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:25 PM   #22
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

The broncos would have one of the lower cap numbers in the league....if there was a cap next season.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:08 PM   #23
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Watson, Wilfork, Thomas, and an offensive guard.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:57 PM   #24
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I predict the Broncos sign Sum Gai.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:39 AM   #25
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Fun at the range MAR 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Iuputi is not going top 10. There are too many good players filling up those slots and there are a good hanful of Tackles that will definitely go before a guard. I'd say no higher then 15 but I predict around 20th or so for him.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote