The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2010, 08:50 AM   #1
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default Michael Irvin Named as Rapist in Lawsuit

So, is he still one of the Super Bowl "hosts?"

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=4889392
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2010, 08:57 AM   #2
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Both attorneys said settlement talks had taken place, but broke down. Friedman told the Herald the woman first asked for $1 million, then $800,000. Lister told the Herald that Irvin's lawyers asked for a settlement figure.

This smells of guilt!
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Did she at least fix his tv?
Beantown Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:18 AM   #4
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

who knew
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:47 AM   #5
gtown
Perennial Pro-bowler

Hoya Saxa!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juggernaut #46

With the crappy suits and getups he wears on Sundays, he has been raping my eyes for a few years. I wonder if we can get a class action suit together?
gtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:06 AM   #6
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateNut View Post
Both attorneys said settlement talks had taken place, but broke down. Friedman told the Herald the woman first asked for $1 million, then $800,000. Lister told the Herald that Irvin's lawyers asked for a settlement figure.

This smells of guilt!
On one hand it does smell of guilt. But there are settlements just to get the person to go away, even if no wrong doings took place. I do find her story really sketchy because she isn't looking to prosecute him, she's just looking for money.

From the sounds of it Irvin's interaction with her was more than just meeting her. I don't buy that from his lawyer, that sounds like BS. Sounds like they're trying to cover something up by paying her off. But rape? I'm not so sure I believe. We've seen cases where the woman lied to get money. Jerome Bettis, Duke lacrosse team, I'd even throw the Kobe case in there. I don't think he raped her but paid her off to keep quite about what happened. He didn't want his business out there.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:12 AM   #7
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

slut
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #8
Meck77

If I was pro football player I wouldn't even touch a woman without a contract. You want some lovin baby? Fine. Please sign here. Seriously.

If it turns out he did rape her then he is a bigger jackass then he already was.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:46 AM   #9
dbfan21
Floridian living in KS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I used to work with a guy who was an intern for the Cowboys in their Super Bowl hay day. he said the players would take a few of the interns to the club with them and have the interns go find the hottest chicks in the bar and ask them if they wanted to party with the Cowboys. My co-worker said all the guys were cheating on their girls and doing crazy stuff.

This will sound funny too, but I know a gal from KC who had a summer job with the Chefs because her mom was an accountant there. Anyway, she said all the players had girlfriends and had call girls to their rooms when they traveled...even Schottenheimer! Eww! There's a visual that makes me sick. Can you imagine being a hooker, getting a call from someone within the Chefs, thinking you're gonna hook up with a player and walking in and seeing that guy. What a buzz kill!!
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:40 PM   #10
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer

"I'm gonna burn this mother down"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody

I bet big Mike and his buddy Tagged team a chick, then she figured she can exploit him for it, he is ambarrassed that him and his buddy couldn't find two chicks, so he is tryign to cover it up.

You never...... never ever ever know what to believe.
supermanhr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:43 PM   #11
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
who knew

The good news is this just might get his stupid ass off my TV set FOR GOOD!
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:52 PM   #12
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbfan21 View Post
I used to work with a guy who was an intern for the Cowboys in their Super Bowl hay day. he said the players would take a few of the interns to the club with them and have the interns go find the hottest chicks in the bar and ask them if they wanted to party with the Cowboys. My co-worker said all the guys were cheating on their girls and doing crazy stuff.

This will sound funny too, but I know a gal from KC who had a summer job with the Chefs because her mom was an accountant there. Anyway, she said all the players had girlfriends and had call girls to their rooms when they traveled...even Schottenheimer! Eww! There's a visual that makes me sick. Can you imagine being a hooker, getting a call from someone within the Chefs, thinking you're gonna hook up with a player and walking in and seeing that guy. What a buzz kill!!
Same thing in baseball, the players have the wives sit in one section and the girlfriends in another at games.

Happens a lot.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:08 PM   #13
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
Same thing in baseball, the players have the wives sit in one section and the girlfriends in another at games.

Happens a lot.
The girlfriends usually get the better seats.
Beantown Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:21 PM   #14
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

3 years ago? I'm not buying it. I hate that Irvin is settling, but it appears that he doesn't want the negative publicity...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:34 PM   #15
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

doesn't matter either way right? i mean ray lewis killed a guy, but the media still drools over him because he's an athlete.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:16 PM   #16
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
The good news is this just might get his stupid ass off my TV set FOR GOOD!
Why can't you just use your remote you lazy hack! Its not like he's on every channel.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:19 PM   #17
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in McLA View Post
On one hand it does smell of guilt. But there are settlements just to get the person to go away, even if no wrong doings took place. I do find her story really sketchy because she isn't looking to prosecute him, she's just looking for money.

From the sounds of it Irvin's interaction with her was more than just meeting her. I don't buy that from his lawyer, that sounds like BS. Sounds like they're trying to cover something up by paying her off. But rape? I'm not so sure I believe. We've seen cases where the woman lied to get money. Jerome Bettis, Duke lacrosse team, I'd even throw the Kobe case in there. I don't think he raped her but paid her off to keep quite about what happened. He didn't want his business out there.
Doesn't Big Ben Rothlesburger fall into the same boat? Didn't he payoff his accuser as well?
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:39 PM   #18
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
Doesn't Big Ben Rothlesburger fall into the same boat? Didn't he payoff his accuser as well?
I had forgotten about Ben's off the field issue this past year and don't recall hearing what the outcome was. Funny how these things just up and disappear. The gameday flash and dash is the most important aspect of NFL football.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:42 PM   #19
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
I thought he said he wouldn't pay here.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote