The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 08:07 PM   #1
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,470

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default National Signing Day Thread

Tomorrow is the big day. I wish I could say I am excited, but it looks like Miami's staff couldn't close in a whorehouse if they had 5000.00 in cash. Very disappointed in Randy and the staff, with all the decommits this year. Seems they will whiff on the Big 4 (Henderson, "Ego" Ferguson, IMAC and Shirley) that are still undecided and supposedly had a great visit last weekend...might get 1. Very weak job by the staff.
__________________


Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 02-02-2010 at 08:20 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2010, 08:10 PM   #2
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,781

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Signing Day is the day that the Canes get a bunch of talented guys that still can't beat the Hokies.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:14 PM   #3
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"
 
watermock's Avatar
 
"Hug me!"

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hot Springs, Ouachitah
Posts: 76,813
Default

meh

Go pigs!
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:16 PM   #4
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,572

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

I almost started this thread. I'm holding out hope that NU can land Corey Cooper (it's between NU and ND) and DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa. Rivals thinks that NU has the inside track to land Owa. I hope that Bo and the boys can land these two.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:17 PM   #5
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,070
Default

Joe Pa steals this commercial for the Big Ten Network:

SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:30 PM   #6
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,470

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

I'm now hearing we may have barely held F$U off on Ego Ferguson. My mood is slightly improving.
__________________


Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:39 PM   #7
Kid A
Ring of Famer
 
Kid A's Avatar
 
I don't need love. I just need wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,257

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I almost started this thread. I'm holding out hope that NU can land Corey Cooper (it's between NU and ND) and DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa. Rivals thinks that NU has the inside track to land Owa. I hope that Bo and the boys can land these two.
I'd be shocked if Carnes doesn't end up at Western Ketucky now, despite him claiming not to have picked a couple days ago. Very strange situation there.

Owa really feels like a toss up to me. I'd put our odds there at 40-50%. I'm a bit more optimistic with Cooper. Maybe 70-80%.

I know Owa's announcement will be broadcast sometime tomorrow on one of the espn family of channels. Crazy stuff for those 18 year olds.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:44 PM   #8
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,012
Default

I'm excited to see CU's class it should be a classic one lol.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:47 PM   #9
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,572

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKid A View Post
I'd be shocked if Carnes doesn't end up at Western Ketucky now, despite him claiming not to have picked a couple days ago. Very strange situation there.

Owa really feels like a toss up to me. I'd put our odds there at 40-50%. I'm a bit more optimistic with Cooper. Maybe 70-80%.

I know Owa's announcement will be broadcast sometime tomorrow on one of the espn family of channels. Crazy stuff for those 18 year olds.
While I still think there is a chance Carnes picks NU. I wouldn't hold it against him if he doesn't though. We have Lee for another year, Green for another three years (maybe) and as you know Jamal Turner committed for 2011. Carnes should go where he feels like he can play.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:51 PM   #10
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,959

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Dan Hawkins is down at the bus station signing up bums.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:10 PM   #11
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer
 
azbroncfan's Avatar
 
Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Scottsdale
Posts: 8,645

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Tomorrow is the big day. I wish I could say I am excited, but it looks like Miami's staff couldn't close in a whorehouse if they had 5000.00 in cash. Very disappointed in Randy and the staff, with all the decommits this year. Seems they will whiff on the Big 4 (Henderson, "Ego" Ferguson, IMAC and Shirley) that are still undecided and supposedly had a great visit last weekend...might get 1. Very weak job by the staff.
Where do you catch all these rumors and news on this stuff SOCAL?
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:14 PM   #12
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,470

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbroncfan View Post
Where do you catch all these rumors and news on this stuff SOCAL?
Hurricane message boards.
__________________


Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:47 PM   #13
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,084

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
I'm excited to see CU's class it should be a classic one lol.
Oh its going to be epic, epicly bad. I heard its going to be one of the weakest classes ever. All I can do is pray that the consortium ends up happening and they take the $50 million and get this on track.

Problem is the Schools leadership is too busy wanting to be ivy league and anti-sports that they fail to see what a strong athletic department and teams can do for a school.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:58 PM   #14
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
I'm excited to see CU's class it should be a classic one lol.















































Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:04 PM   #15
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
 
bpc's Avatar
 
1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 13,731

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

God dammit Socal, seriously, you have to bring this up?

I don't want to hear anybody complain. What about the black and gold? Look at the **** the Buffs signed up for.

I've never been more pissed on signing day. We aren't signing any of the top 10 Colorado prospects. THINK about how crappy that is!

Between the Broncos and Buffs, i'm about to hang my collective fandom. Seriously, it's torture. All of it.
bpc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:10 PM   #16
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApaOps5 View Post
Oh its going to be epic, epicly bad. I heard its going to be one of the weakest classes ever. All I can do is pray that the consortium ends up happening and they take the $50 million and get this on track.

Problem is the Schools leadership is too busy wanting to be ivy league and anti-sports that they fail to see what a strong athletic department and teams can do for a school.
I know it makes me mad to think about it. Start caring CU or drop football geez.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:13 PM   #17
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
God dammit Socal, seriously, you have to bring this up?

I don't want to hear anybody complain. What about the black and gold? Look at the **** the Buffs signed up for.

I've never been more pissed on signing day. We aren't signing any of the top 10 Colorado prospects. THINK about how crappy that is!

Between the Broncos and Buffs, i'm about to hang my collective fandom. Seriously, it's torture. All of it.
I know it kills me to see the Buffs program this bad. While the Broncos aren't good either I do think they will be in a few years.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:23 PM   #18
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,470

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
God dammit Socal, seriously, you have to bring this up?

I don't want to hear anybody complain. What about the black and gold? Look at the **** the Buffs signed up for.

I've never been more pissed on signing day. We aren't signing any of the top 10 Colorado prospects. THINK about how crappy that is!

Between the Broncos and Buffs, i'm about to hang my collective fandom. Seriously, it's torture. All of it.
The difference is that you probably didn't expect anything on NSD given how much Hawkins has destroyed the program. I expected for Miami to do pretty well given a 9 win season and a young team.

Instead...Florida and Florida State went right into the heart of the "State of Miami" and stepped on our *****, took our studs and laughed all the way to the bank. And then I have to put up with a garbage homer fanbase that makes excuses for this embarassment. I've heard every excuse under the sun from these losers. We've got one absolute stud WR in Ivan McCartney who is going to end up signing with ****ing West Virginia tomorrow because stupid ass Randy couldn't armtwist admissions into letting him in. This staff better beat Ohio State, Pitt, VT, GT, UNC and FSU next year and get to a BCS Bowl or they can GTFO. They've had to rely on Top 10 classes to make up for the fact that they can't coach on gameday. The only guy on the staff who can coach is Whipple and he doesn't get along at all with Shannon and will be leaving after next year. If they aren't going to get the classes to make the incompetence look only half-bad, then its going to get ugly, fast.
__________________


Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 02-02-2010 at 10:27 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:46 PM   #19
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,470

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Oh and Crushaholic should be happy...he's got an early Christmas gift.

Former 5-star LB Arthur Brown will be transferring back home to Kansas State after two years at the U.
__________________


Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:30 PM   #20
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,581

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Here's hoping UT gets Ambles and Rogers!
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:26 AM   #21
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
 
bpc's Avatar
 
1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 13,731

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
The difference is that you probably didn't expect anything on NSD given how much Hawkins has destroyed the program. I expected for Miami to do pretty well given a 9 win season and a young team.

Instead...Florida and Florida State went right into the heart of the "State of Miami" and stepped on our *****, took our studs and laughed all the way to the bank. And then I have to put up with a garbage homer fanbase that makes excuses for this embarassment. I've heard every excuse under the sun from these losers. We've got one absolute stud WR in Ivan McCartney who is going to end up signing with ****ing West Virginia tomorrow because stupid ass Randy couldn't armtwist admissions into letting him in. This staff better beat Ohio State, Pitt, VT, GT, UNC and FSU next year and get to a BCS Bowl or they can GTFO. They've had to rely on Top 10 classes to make up for the fact that they can't coach on gameday. The only guy on the staff who can coach is Whipple and he doesn't get along at all with Shannon and will be leaving after next year. If they aren't going to get the classes to make the incompetence look only half-bad, then its going to get ugly, fast.
Mmmm. Disappointment is relative. While i'm sure you're pissed potentially losing out on a few players, you still have the 21st ranked class by Rivals currently, a host of stud players still signed up to don the green and orange, and are nationally projected to be a top 15 team next season.

CU has been gutted head to toe, ear to ear. The only thing we have is memories of a championship 20 years ago. The ****tard who was handed the reigns to this outfit is more worried about how he can get his son playing time vs. winning football games. We're a state and national laughing stock. 0 top 10 recruits landed in the state of Colorado. I know that's small peanuts to the football factory in Florida, but it makes it all the worse to me.

I couldn't be more disgusted with my two favorite football teams, and it doesn't look like there is much hope on the horizon. This crap is turning me into a baseball fan.
bpc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:51 AM   #22
Kid A
Ring of Famer
 
Kid A's Avatar
 
I don't need love. I just need wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,257

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
While I still think there is a chance Carnes picks NU. I wouldn't hold it against him if he doesn't though. We have Lee for another year, Green for another three years (maybe) and as you know Jamal Turner committed for 2011. Carnes should go where he feels like he can play.
Looks like you were right. He picked NU!

Owa and Cooper coming up here...
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:53 AM   #23
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES
 
PaintballCLE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cleveland, Oh
Posts: 3,199
Default

Hey Miami fans........sept 11........your dreams for a championship will be over by the second game of the season. HAHA

any of you guys wanna go to that game at the Shoe let me know im getting a group of people together to go.
PaintballCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:55 AM   #24
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business
 
Man-Goblin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 5,957

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mister Cobble
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApaOps5 View Post
Oh its going to be epic, epicly bad. I heard its going to be one of the weakest classes ever. All I can do is pray that the consortium ends up happening and they take the $50 million and get this on track.

Problem is the Schools leadership is too busy wanting to be ivy league and anti-sports that they fail to see what a strong athletic department and teams can do for a school.
That seems to be the best hope we can have at this point, I guess. Pray for some help from boosters, begin the process of modernizing the program internally, and then try to hit the jackpot on the young coach market next year. Or maybe they can land a humbled Mike Leach next year, I dunno.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:01 AM   #25
Kid A
Ring of Famer
 
Kid A's Avatar
 
I don't need love. I just need wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,257

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...html?eref=sihp

Looks like we got Cooper!
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:08 PM.


Denver Broncos