The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2010, 09:21 AM   #1
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Default Getting in fights at bars

This is off topic I know but I am just curious how many people go out to the bars and have have gotten into bar fights or have come close.

The reason I ask is because it is getting to the point with me where I have been so close to getting into one over the dumbest **** that I am starting to wonder if its just more than a streak of bad luck

And I am not just talking about someone wanting to fight me, I am also talking about my friends about to get in one and by association that would put me in one as well.

I am in college and maybe that is just part of it, younger guys trying to prove how bad ass they are, Im not sure

But I am just curious how often others here get into fights at the bar because lately I am talking like half of the time I have gone out **** almost has gone down

Thanks
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2010, 09:24 AM   #2
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

There is a time and a place for everything, and it's called College.
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

me and my friends used to get into a BUNCH throughout college....eventually it tapers off

it has a lot to do with people not wanting to get arrested and losing their job...or missing a day of work because you got a bottle smashed over your head the night before...i had to show up at a job interview with my eye swollen shut...that was it for me
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:28 AM   #4
jhat01
Ring of Famer

Knuckle Dragging Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ManRam

Back in the day, sure. 3 kids later, not so much. When we go out now, it's to a laid back place, not filled with raging "tough guys" out to prove something. I don't know about everyone else, but things changed for me with little ones at home.
jhat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:29 AM   #5
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplayshay View Post
there is a time and a place for everything, and it's called college.
Name:  motivational-posters-funny-09.jpg
Views: 3481
Size:  51.9 KB
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:30 AM   #6
TheDave
Sauced...

True story...

One of my nephews was just killed in a bar fight the day before Thanksgiving (2009).

Some lowlife was going BMarsh on his girlfriend at a bar. My nephew walked up behind him put his hand on the guys shoulder and said something to him (police report doesn't say what it was... I'm guessing something along the lines of leave her alone)

Dude swung around and punched my nephew in the head... and killed him!

Dr. said it was a 1 in a million shot and that he was dead before he hit the ground.

So... FWIW, think twice beforew getting into a bar fight.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:32 AM   #7
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

You need to hit 25 before you stop thinking it's a decent idea. If you're drinking a lot, that doesn't help.

You might want to stay away from the following:

Hair Gel
Striped shirts
Anyone wearing a sweater with greek writing on it
Anyone wearing a shiny "man's watch"
Anyone whose neck is wider than his jaw line (most likely they will also be under 5'10")
Any reference to the show "Jersey Shore"
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:32 AM   #8
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

I get in fights all the time, I'm super tough and can bench press 300 lbs.

Jk I'm a doofus. I learned early on in University what places to avoid if you're not looking for trouble, and what friends to avoid going out with. Also what's the old cliche "nothing good happens after 2am"? Or is it after midnight? (that seems early) Either way, it's good advice, the only people left out that late are looking for trouble.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:33 AM   #9
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Happens to me all the time. I had one of my buddies videotape the last brawl I got into and post it to youtube. Here's the footage:

Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:37 AM   #10
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer

"I'm gonna burn this mother down"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody

Sometimes you have no control of it, sometimes you do. But I agree 99% of the time it has a direct relation to the place you are at. That is why I hate going to dancing bars and crap like that because people feel anything goes there. They'll grab your girl and not think they have done anything wrong because most of the people in there are all loosy goosy.

I try and stick to the sports bars and relaxed joints like that, usually all is well, and the good times roll.
supermanhr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:38 AM   #11
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Happens to me all the time. I had one of my buddies videotape the last brawl I got into and post it to youtube. Here's the footage
Yeah, I hear that Double Deuce place is trouble.

WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:41 AM   #12
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

You should get yourself some affliction/TapOut/EdHardy shirts then everyone will know your a bad ass and won't mess with you. A faux hawk hairdo will help to.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:42 AM   #13
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

For the original poster, it's better just to walk away.

Usually in the fights I've seen, the BOUNCERS are the ones who do the most damage to the fighters.

It's like open season for them.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:44 AM   #14
Meck77

I tend to agree with your younger guy theory buster.

I don't think I've ever seen senior citizens get into a pissing match out in public. The only time I did was on a ranch once. Two really old guys beat one another silly over some hay.

We use to get in bar fights in Nogales Mexico. All you had to do to get in one was walk into the bar.

Last edited by Meck77; 02-01-2010 at 09:48 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:46 AM   #15
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

paging Bronco Warrior, Bronco Warrior your "cool story bro" life experience is needed at the courtesy desk
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:48 AM   #16
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
I don't think I've ever seen senior citizens get into a pissing match out in public.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:52 AM   #17
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
hahahahahaha....thats so awesome.

My favorite part is probably the backhanded swing that guy takes when the other guy is on the ground...hilarious.

The news reporter made absolutely NO ATTEMPT to stop that
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:53 AM   #18
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRabb View Post
paging Bronco Warrior, Bronco Warrior your "cool story bro" life experience is needed at the courtesy desk
/thread
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:54 AM   #19
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Young guys and alcohol don't mix.

About a decade or so ago I used to play quite a bit of pool for money (big money). I was playing pool with a few friends for $100 a game a this "kid" walked up and asked if he could put up his quarters for a game. We told him we were playing for money and he said he didn't want to but still wanted to play, so we told him ok.

I won the game we were playing and the "kid"(21yo) racket the balls. I broke and ran the table and he walked off pissed off that he didn't even get a shot. We just laughed it off and continued playing for another hour or so. Then I sat down at a table with my wife.

A few minutes later this punk walked up behind me and broke one of those heavy glass pitchers over my head knocking me out (no warning, no nothing). I came to several times but passed out again each time. He tried to run out of the bar but the owner and several of my friends grabbed him and beat the living bejebus out of him until the police arrived. I was hauled off to Denver Health emergency in an ambulance and had to be revived several times en route. I was kept under observation in ICU overnight and then released to home rest for a week and a half. My head looked like something out of the "Elephant man" and I had serious vision issues for several weeks.

He was convicted and sentenced to 6 years in prison and from the updates I recieved through victims advocate I understand that evertime he was released on parole he would commit another violent crime and end up back in prison.

THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS: You never know who you are dealing with and how far they will take a confrontation and NEVER turn your back after an issue in a bar.

I don't do the Bar Scene any more, so I don't have to worry about this kind of **** happening and if I were to get into an argument in the future I'll just make sure the idiot is immobilized before walking away.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:59 AM   #20
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbroncfan View Post
You should get yourself some affliction/TapOut/EdHardy shirts then everyone will know your a bad ass and won't mess with you. A faux hawk hairdo will help to.
I think these are the guys that get tested first once a real, tough, drunk guy is looking for some physical action around 2am.....when he gets rejected from any girl action.

I always tried to avoid it and it worked for me. I have broken up fights with these words, "Dude, it isnt worth going to jail over or the bouncers beating the **** out of you two." Always say "You two" so they know he wasnt being picked on just himself. Even most drunks come to the realization that jail isnt good. My Dad was in the Navy so he loved to fight. He is 65 now and still wants to kick ass if prevoked (but he wont take the first punch). When he was around his late 40s to 50 years of age, he took out three guys at his bar (who just got out of jail or prison) then they all drank beers together. Now that is a mature bunch of guys. My Dad felt sorry for them because he knocked out all three of their dentures. Ok, they werent that old. I think they were in their 30s.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:59 AM   #21
David Wooderson
All That

'Sup, b?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jake Plummer

Give him one shot in the Adam's apple. That'll bring him to his knees. Then kick him a few times in the sack.
David Wooderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:59 AM   #22
atomicbloke
Ring of Famer

La 12 Boca Juniors

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Offensive Line

Me and a bunch of other Broncos fans once got in to a fight with some Raiders fans at the Hooters in Burbank.

It was during the 2005 season and we had just lost to the Giants, while the Raiders had beaten the Bills. They were rooting against the Broncos, and when Eli Manning threw the go-ahead TD with 6 seconds to go, they were yelling at us like crazy and things reached a flash point. They threw beer over us, we yelled back and it got out of hand. The manager came over, and after hearing both sides, and other witnesses, moved us to different tables.
atomicbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:00 AM   #23
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRabb View Post
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:01 AM   #24
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wooderson View Post
Give him one shot in the Adam's apple. That'll bring him to his knees. Then kick him a few times in the sack.
Spider?!? Is that you!?!
Old 02-01-2010, 10:02 AM   #25
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
hahahahahaha....thats so awesome.

My favorite part is probably the backhanded swing that guy takes when the other guy is on the ground...hilarious.

The news reporter made absolutely NO ATTEMPT to stop that
Now that is old school

I think he picked up some dirt and threw it on him
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote