The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2010, 07:13 PM   #1
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Gotta Give Props to AT&T

Just got off the phone with a customer service rep and for anyone going to Haiti (or know someone that is), AT&T is waiving the international costs. For those involved, not paying 1.50 a minute makes a world of difference. Unlimited voice until the end of February.

Just like to spread good publicity when a company does ya right.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2010, 07:21 PM   #2
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

You're going to Haiti? That's seriously awesome.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:17 PM   #3
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Wife got called up. My military time is coming to a close so I'm staying with the kid.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:19 PM   #4
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Ah. Well still very cool.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:38 PM   #5
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES

thats because it wont work there........haha screw ATT and their crappy coverage!

Cool about you or your wife going though
PaintballCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:08 PM   #6
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBleed Orange and Blue View Post
thats because it wont work there........haha screw ATT and their crappy coverage!

heh... hopefully that's not the case.

And when you live in Hillbilly country like I do, everyone has crappy coverage. I just stick to which company has the best customer service and plans.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:07 AM   #7
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBleed Orange and Blue View Post

Nah, man... this old lesbian is telling me that you can surf the web at the same time you're talking on the phone, so their coverage must be fine... or something...

Old 01-28-2010, 08:00 AM   #8
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

I have had att/cingluar for many years now with not a single problem! still dont understand the bad coverage commercials and news people try to portray.

It works in colorado, orlando, new mexico, las vegas, arizona, utah and california suits me just fine....now if im goingf to buttf@#% idaho or something maybe there would be a problem, but hey guess what...im not!
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:48 AM   #9
titan
Ring of Famer

Fan of Old School Football

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
I have had att/cingluar for many years now with not a single problem! still dont understand the bad coverage commercials and news people try to portray.

It works in colorado, orlando, new mexico, las vegas, arizona, utah and california suits me just fine....now if im goingf to
i've had at&t (iphone) since the summer and generally it's been fine. Couldn't get 3G coverage at Invesco during bronco home games, though, for browsing the web.
titan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:51 AM   #10
bfoflcommish

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post
i've had at&t (iphone) since the summer and generally it's been fine. Couldn't get 3G coverage at Invesco during bronco home games, though, for browsing the web.

really I do. In fact I post pictures to twitter and facebook from all the games I go to nuggs broncos etc...
Old 01-28-2010, 09:05 AM   #11
titan
Ring of Famer

Fan of Old School Football

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
really I do. In fact I post pictures to twitter and facebook from all the games I go to nuggs broncos etc...
I heard at&t beefed up their coverage recently - but for the four games I went to (bears preseason, browns, cowboys, pats) couldn't get 3G to work at invesco. Have a friend with an iphone who had the same problem. I'm in the 2nd level end zone, while his seats are 1st level north goal line.
titan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:10 AM   #12
bfoflcommish

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post
I heard at&t beefed up their coverage recently - but for the four games I went to (bears preseason, browns, cowboys, pats) couldn't get 3G to work at invesco. Have a friend with an iphone who had the same problem. I'm in the 2nd level end zone, while his seats are 1st level north goal line.
im right near first level north goalline as well, and also posted from inside pepsi center a few times
Old 01-28-2010, 09:43 AM   #13
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Lol it's funny because the Verizon commercials are all blatant lies, but their fanboys are still butthurt they don't have Iphones.

Btw, AT&T is about to sue the **** out of Verizon for those ads lol. Verizon was hoping to make more money over the holiday season than they will lose when they are sued.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:21 AM   #14
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Lol it's funny because the Verizon commercials are all blatant lies, but their fanboys are still butthurt they don't have Iphones.

Btw, AT&T is about to sue the **** out of Verizon for those ads lol. Verizon was hoping to make more money over the holiday season than they will lose when they are sued.

AT&T is mostly based out east. West of the Mississippi they utilize towers Verizon and Sprint have put up, because they dont have many of their own out here. Neither Verizon or AT&T cover 200 million people. Verizon uses CDMA, AT&T uses GSM & TDMA. Verizon tends to be more reliable than AT&T. Also, how many people would give two ****s about AT&T if they did not carry the I-Phone? Even people with the I-Phone hate AT&T for something.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:36 AM   #15
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:

It's well documented the extent to which AT&T sucks, and the lawsuit you reference was dropped because they had no chance to win. The attached article is a good summary.

http://business.theatlantic.com/2009...ad_lawsuit.php
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:39 AM   #16
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
AT&T is mostly based out east. West of the Mississippi they utilize towers Verizon and Sprint have put up, because they dont have many of their own out here. Neither Verizon or AT&T cover 200 million people. Verizon uses CDMA, AT&T uses GSM & TDMA. Verizon tends to be more reliable than AT&T. Also, how many people would give two ****s about AT&T if they did not carry the I-Phone? Even people with the I-Phone hate AT&T for something.

The only people that think Verizon is more reliable are people that have Verizon. I've never once been somewhere with no signal, where one my verizon friends had signal. Ever.

Also $0 a month for unlimited everything from AT&T > Verizon
Old 01-28-2010, 10:39 AM   #17
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Their signal could be better, but Cellular One/Cingular/AT&T has always been good to me.

I'm not sure what their high end plans cost, but their base plans and unlimited internet are reasonable.

Not sure about the iPhone though as I refuse to be one of those Apple sheeple.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:43 AM   #18
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
It's well documented the extent to which AT&T sucks, and the lawsuit you reference was dropped because they had no chance to win. The attached article is a good summary.

http://business.theatlantic.com/2009...ad_lawsuit.php
That article definitely looks doctored. Should see how much Verizon lined his pockets.

Verizon bought a bunch of Towers out in butt**** montana etc. and is jerking off to their coverage.

How often to you go to butt**** Montana?

And if you do, do you really need 3g while you're hunting?
Old 01-28-2010, 10:44 AM   #19
bfoflcommish

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post

i dont have an iphone, im using my unlocked g1 on a cheaper then blackberry unlimited plan with att and im very happy. Some months I only use data and hardly any minutes, guess what I take those minutes with me the next month where I might talk triple would I get per month, but dont get billed extra because my rollover. Nature of how I use my phone. Verizon cant do that for me on the rpice I pay now....I asked them. The sales guy tried to reel me in i said heres what I pay heres what I get, he said sorry cant beat that...because the rollover and using many minutes some months and as said just before this, I never have dropped coverage where someone else does have bars, be it tmoble, verizon, cricket, etc...
Old 01-28-2010, 10:49 AM   #20
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
The only people...
Consumer Reports recent rankings of carriers is as follows:
1) Verizon
2) T-Mobile
3) Sprint
4) AT&T

Verizon was #1 in all 26 major metro areas tested.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:52 AM   #21
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
i dont have an iphone, im using my unlocked g1 on a cheaper then blackberry unlimited plan with att and im very happy. Some months I only use data and hardly any minutes, guess what I take those minutes with me the next month where I might talk triple would I get per month, but dont get billed extra because my rollover. Nature of how I use my phone. Verizon cant do that for me on the rpice I pay now....I asked them. The sales guy tried to reel me in i said heres what I pay heres what I get, he said sorry cant beat that...because the rollover and using many minutes some months and as said just before this, I never have dropped coverage where someone else does have bars, be it tmoble, verizon, cricket, etc...

You lose your roll over minutes at the start of the new year, you dont get to keep them. I also use my phone for more data than talk, and for that reason Verizon works better for me.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:53 AM   #22
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
That article definitely looks doctored. Should see how much Verizon lined his pockets.

Verizon bought a bunch of Towers out in butt**** montana etc. and is jerking off to their coverage.

How often to you go to butt**** Montana?

And if you do, do you really need 3g while you're hunting?

I am sure people who live in Butt**** Montana appreciate having 3G coverage.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:30 AM   #23
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES

Quote:

I phone? Droid all the way......we have flash, hulu, etc works on ours sorry iphone fan boys
PaintballCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:37 AM   #24
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:

AT&T already did sue Verizon. The lawsuit was dismissed because there isn't a word of non-truth in those ads.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:56 AM   #25
Sir_Robin
Veteran Armor Soiler

Bravely taking to his feet...

Quote:

My dad works for Verizon. They tried suing then "dropped" the suit the next month. (http://www.alligator.org/blogs/adver...cc4c03286.html) Dad says the judge tossed it out when Verizon's lawyers presented their data to support the claim. Verizon's ad's clearly state that the map is 3G coverage - not voice coverage. Where's the blatant lie in that? I find AT&T's ads much more misleading given that they respond to a 3G coverage map with a voice coverage map without saying so.

As for the iPhone - Dad was told by his supervisor's this past week that Verizon will be getting it. I'm looking forward to dumping AT&T for Verizon when that happens. No way I'm giving up my iPhone in the meantime.
Sir_Robin is offline   Reply With Quote