The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2010, 05:41 PM   #1
bombay
Ring of Famer

Default Drew Brees

Brees and the Saints have beaten consecutive future HOF quarterbacks, and will have a chance to make it a trifecta in Miami. After hammering Warner and the Cardinals last week, Brees and the Saints overcame a mediocre game by taking advantage of the mistake prone Minnesota QB who's name will not be spoken by me. If they can knock off Manning and the Colts, it will be an incredible accomplishment.

I'm so glad San Diego kept the wrong guy. They'd have likely won a Super Bowl or two by now.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2010, 05:49 PM   #2
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

But rivers is a WINNER!!
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:10 PM   #3
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
Brees and the Saints have beaten consecutive future HOF quarterbacks, and will have a chance to make it a trifecta in Miami. After hammering Warner and the Cardinals last week, Brees and the Saints overcame a mediocre game by taking advantage of the mistake prone Minnesota QB who's name will not be spoken by me. If they can knock off Manning and the Colts, it will be an incredible accomplishment.

I'm so glad San Diego kept the wrong guy. They'd have likely won a Super Bowl or two by now.
Brees did nothing yesterday..Vikings lost the game..
Manning will win his 2nd SB.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Brees did nothing yesterday..Vikings lost the game..
Manning will win his 2nd SB.
Yeah I guess throwing for 197 yards 3 tds and no picks is nothing right?? I guess Kyle Orton could have done better by throwing nothing but 5 yard ins and curls?? C'mon dude give credit where it is due the guy threw for 4300 yards this season with 34 TD's and 11 Ints. Yes, the Vikings did have alot of turnovers but the saints caused them. I wish we had Drew Brees on your team then we would be in the Super Bowl!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:57 PM   #5
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

I doubt Brees would make a difference. Rivers is a Top-5 QB whether people want to believe it or not.

The Chargers have all kinds of issues in the playoffs, Brees wouldn't have changed that.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:00 PM   #6
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

brees is the 2nd best QB in the nfl over the last few years. if he wins this SB and continues his absolute dominance of NFL defenses, might need to look to the next level: HOF. hes my favorite NFL QB and saints are the funnest team in the NFL to watch.
tsiguy96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:02 PM   #7
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

i'm rooting for short little qbs who have no business in SD. Go Drew. Make mellon head ache.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:04 PM   #8
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
brees is the 2nd best QB in the nfl over the last few years. if he wins this SB and continues his absolute dominance of NFL defenses, might need to look to the next level: HOF. hes my favorite NFL QB and saints are the funnest team in the NFL to watch.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:04 PM   #9
Meck77

I was at the game Broncos @ Chargers when brees got crushed. I believe it was Al Wilson. I was right on the sidelines thinking to myself "That might be the end of his career". I can't really blame the Chargers FO for cutting him loose at the time.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:05 PM   #10
bombay
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
Well said. His size and style lead to his being disrespected and underrated, but he's a fine QB. No way would the Chargers have lost to the Patriots in the playoffs three years ago with Brees.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:33 PM   #11
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
I wish we had Drew Brees on your team then we would be in the Super Bowl!
I sense some confusion here...
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:42 PM   #12
Popps
It's so easy

Brees is cold cash money.

But, Rivers is a top flight QB. SD just doesn't have much of a team.

I hate the schumuck, but he certainly isn't SD's problem. Without him, they're pure ****.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:42 PM   #13
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
you know its true. clearly i would rather watch the broncos anyday but as far as exciting football teams, our offense really isnt up there.
tsiguy96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:46 PM   #14
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Rivers is a better QB than brees..It might be due to River's record against Denver.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:46 PM   #15
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
I was at the game Broncos @ Chargers when brees got crushed. I believe it was Al Wilson. I was right on the sidelines thinking to myself "That might be the end of his career". I can't really blame the Chargers FO for cutting him loose at the time.
I thought it was John Lynch, but the point stands true either way. His shoulder was ****ed. I mean, it's great that he made it back and all that, but at the time San Diego made the right choice. It wasn't nearly as simple as picking A or B. I don't blame Miami for passing on him either. Way too much unknown. New Orleans took a gamble and it paid off which is great. But I don't fault anybody for passing on him that offseason.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:01 PM   #16
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

brees looked like a charger again in the 2nd half.....he was awful
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:04 PM   #17
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Brees is a top 3 QB and I thought the playcalling last night sucked for the Saints offense.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:07 PM   #18
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Rivers is a better QB than brees..It might be due to River's record against Denver.

Huh...how many championship games has Rivers been to where he did not have to buy a ticket?

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:51 PM   #19
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
Yeah I guess throwing for 197 yards 3 tds and no picks is nothing right?? I guess Kyle Orton could have done better by throwing nothing but 5 yard ins and curls?? C'mon dude give credit where it is due the guy threw for 4300 yards this season with 34 TD's and 11 Ints. Yes, the Vikings did have alot of turnovers but the saints caused them. I wish we had Drew Brees on your team then we would be in the Super Bowl!
The one where AP didn't get the hand off was unforced...i attribute the TO's to the Vikes being careless with the ball..It's 50/50! Not taking anything away from Brees he's an awesome QB but if you think the Colts are gonna play that sloppy you got another thing coming!! Manning has 2 weeks to prep for a below average D...Minnesota moved the ball at will. If Indy doesn't turn the ball over and stops NO a couple of times..the Colts win 38-24!! Manning gets MVP..over 300 yards passing 3-4 TD's!!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:59 PM   #20
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Brees is simply one amazing QB. He's as accurate as you can get. He goes up against Olympic archers and he hits the target bullseye 10 out of 10 times. And he didn't just hit the bullseye, he puts the nose of the ball right on the inner most bullseye circle that is no larger then the size of a cup coaster from 20 yards away......10 out of 10 times. The nose of the ball hit that same spot every time. It's frickin amazing.

Last edited by ZONA; 01-25-2010 at 11:03 PM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:09 PM   #21
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

If Brees has remained a Charger, he wouldn't have had the same success as he has now unless Sean Payton was hired here after Marty was fired. He fits Payton's offense perfectly. In San Diego's offense, he did well but he just couldn't take the team to the next level.

He did want to stay here but to say that San Diego let him go is not understanding the situation. They let him go because of money. He would have commanded a pretty hefty contract and they would have either kept paying Rivers his big salary or take the cap hit by trading/releasing him.

I fully believe Rivers would have probably won his team a ring in 2007 had he not torn his ACL and he would have had a shot at the Saints had Kaeding not choked the game away against the Jets.

I'll be rooting for Brees and the Saints but I wouldn't trade Rivers for him. I'm glad things worked out well for both guys.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:20 PM   #22
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Huh...how many championship games has Rivers been to where he did not have to buy a ticket?

Only one less than Brees. Been to the same amount as Brees until yesterday.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:29 PM   #23
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Amazing how the Chargers just let Brees and Turner walk...whew, glad they did.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:32 AM   #24
rmsanger
I support Missouri cops

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Amazing how the Chargers just let Brees and Turner walk...whew, glad they did.
At least they had the talent to begin with... Us not so much!
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:01 AM   #25
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
If Brees has remained a Charger, he wouldn't have had the same success as he has now unless Sean Payton was hired here after Marty was fired. He fits Payton's offense perfectly. In San Diego's offense, he did well but he just couldn't take the team to the next level.

He did want to stay here but to say that San Diego let him go is not understanding the situation. They let him go because of money. He would have commanded a pretty hefty contract and they would have either kept paying Rivers his big salary or take the cap hit by trading/releasing him.

I fully believe Rivers would have probably won his team a ring in 2007 had he not torn his ACL and he would have had a shot at the Saints had Kaeding not choked the game away against the Jets.

I'll be rooting for Brees and the Saints but I wouldn't trade Rivers for him. I'm glad things worked out well for both guys.
I agree with you..I will take rivers over brees..You lost the game due to Kaeding missing 3 FG's. The only QB's that are better than rivers are Manning and Brady.