The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should" fans" who bash everything related to the Broncos be here if we start winning
Yes 26 47.27%
No 13 23.64%
Ban them, it'll make this place better 16 29.09%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-24-2010, 04:46 AM   #1
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Default Should" fans" who bash everything related to the Broncos be here if we start winning?

Serious question - for those who stick around and positively support the Broncos.

Do you think the supposed "fans" that spin EVERYTHING the Broncos and McDaniels does in a negative light deserve to be happy or feed off the positive energy after/if we start winning? I'm not talking about fans who are critical - but fans who have a negative stance on EVERYTHING. I'm talking about the fans who'd rather have the team lose and the coach fail in order to be right... <<< --- are these even "fans"?

Be critical, it can be a good thing. It is possible be critical while being positive. It is also possible to be critical while still being a fan and showing support for the team.

However when you can't even post or discuss one positive thing about the Broncos, even if there is evidence that disputes the topics you're negatively trying to spin... it's apparent where you need to be... a fan of a different team.

The fans who can spin everything Shanny does in Washington as great/perfect/ The fans that are in love with Cutler. The fans that show NO SUPPORT WHATSOEVER for the Broncos.

These "fans" are worse than trolls from other teams, because they actually have a reason/motive. When they're you're own fans... do they deserve to be here?

Last edited by The MVPlaya; 01-24-2010 at 01:59 PM..
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2010, 04:53 AM   #2
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

The offseason seemed like the best time to make this thread eh? Is this a popular topic on the 49ers boards?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:48 AM   #3
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Beginning the "Superfan" comments in 3... 2... 1...
Old 01-24-2010, 06:07 AM   #4
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

must suck that folks make you post on the orangemane.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:10 AM   #5
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

Most will disappear if we start winning anyway (recall the 6-0 days). So it's pretty much a moot point.
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:52 AM   #6
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:39 AM   #7
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casson View Post
Most will disappear if we start winning anyway (recall the 6-0 days). So it's pretty much a moot point.
All too true.
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:58 AM   #8
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casson View Post
Beat me to it.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:15 AM   #9
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Funny thing is, those who are supposedly "positive" spend most of their time talking about those that aren't supposedly "positive" and those who are supposedly "negative" spend most of their time talking about the Broncos. I'm more tired of the "judges and juries" than anything. Thank God we aren't all the same and have some diversity.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:22 AM   #10
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

If McDaniels flames out and gets fired, should those of us who support him have to leave? Stupid poll.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:30 AM   #11
orangemonkey
Perennial Pro-bowler

Since this thread was meant just to antagonize the members of the board. Here you go. Don't think this blog was posted yet:

Shmuck of the Week: Josh McDaniels's ego
By Joe Tone in Shmuck of the Week, SportsFri., Jan. 22 2010 @ 1:31PM

"Just a second. My ego's got an itch."
​I like to imagine that all of our shmucks -- every last one of them, from middle schoolers to the Mormon Madoff to the threesome from hell -- are, upon earning the honor, rounded up and herded into one confined space, to trade stories of their shmuckdom and steal each others' wallets. It doesn't really matter where -- although I always picture Epcot Center -- so long as they're together.

But if that's the case, this week's winner poses a bit of a problem, because I'm not sure there's a place -- save for some sub-Saharan African desert or Meryl Streep's awards shed -- that has room for Josh McDaniels's ego.

We've vacillated on McDaniels for months now, killing him in one breath and kissing his ring in the next. Finally, I've come to what I think will be some sort of conclusion. I like McDaniels. It's his ego I want to stab repeatedly.

I'm convinced the guy can coach, can motivate, can draw up a play and put people in position to execute that play. But -- as evidenced by his late-season personnel decisions, the exodus of his coaches, his de facto firing of Mike Nolan and so on -- his ego is just too big for his hoodie. And that will be his demise, at least in Denver. He'll probably learn to harness it one day, but by then he'll be running the offense for TCU.

So, shmucks, please make room in the buffet line, because there's a new passenger on the Shmuck of the Sea cruise ship. Josh McDaniels's ego is on board, and it needs to be fed.

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword...osh_mcdani.php
orangemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:33 AM   #12
orangemonkey
Perennial Pro-bowler

Another gem:

Broncos' late-term abortion: How much blame does Josh McDaniels deserve?
By Michael Roberts in SportsMon., Jan. 4 2010 @ 9:28AM

Josh McDaniels scratches his head at the post-game press conference. Just like the rest of us.
​As I was signing off prior to two weeks worth of vacation, everything seemed to be going the Broncos' way. Their next opponent, the Oakland Raiders, was in hilarious turmoil, choosing to skip over their much-ballyhooed number one draft choice, JaMarcus Russell, to start third-stringer Charlie Frye at QB. No way the Broncos would lose that game -- not on this planet. And even though a matchup with the Eagles in Philadelphia looked like a loss, the final game of the season was against the laughably woeful Kansas City Chiefs, who Denver had dismantled less than a month earlier to avenge the mistreatment of the late, lamented Barrel Man by the Chiefs' mascot, K.C. Wolf. Playoffs? Destiny!

Hell to the no. Three humiliating losses later, the Broncos' future smells as sweet as a ruptured colostomy bag -- and coach Josh McDaniels had a lot to do with it.

Why? The play-calling in the Raiders game was an absolute joke, resulting in too many field goals when touchdowns were a requirement. If McDaniels had made bolder choices earlier, the Raiders wouldn't have been able to complete their unlikely (and infuriating) comeback, which was aided and abetted by a defense that's gone from bend-but-don't-break to bend, bend some more, and then break at the worst possible moment.

Philly? The Broncos willingly climbed into a hole that got deeper and deeper and deeper, and although the team showed some heart down the stretch, a moral victory meant squat, and precipitated the sort of unraveling that gave fans an early season flashback.

Suddenly, Brandon Marshall, who'd been on his best behavior for weeks, was called out and publicly benched shortly after being named to the Pro Bowl -- and Tony Scheffler quickly followed. Hard to say if McDaniels had a choice in these matters, given how much all parties have spun the sitch. But the moves suggested that McDaniels knew the Broncos wouldn't be making the playoffs, despite still having a technical chance of doing so, and therefore decided to make macho points in the hope of proving once and for all who's got the biggest swinging dick on the squad.

Problem is, this penis-length contest sent a message to the team that McDaniels was already looking toward next year -- and yesterday, they played like it.

What next? The probable departure of Marshall, and of Kyle Orton, too. Being a game manager, as Orton is, only works if the rest of the outfit is stronger than this one -- and he showed that he's all but incapable of taking the team on his shoulders when everything else is sewer-bound. As for McDaniels, he's once again looking like the immature, hair-trigger type he did during the whole Jay Cutler fiasco. A drama queen with a crew cut.

Yes, an 8-8 record is a lot better than I or anyone else expected this year, and I suppose we should be grateful for that. But that's a hard argument to make when the team started out 6-0 before going on to lose eight of the last ten. Point blank, the Broncos are an even hotter mess than they were six months ago, and the person in charge seems better at creating problems than fixing them. Happy New Year!
http://blogs.westword.com/latestword...ortion_how.php
Old 01-24-2010, 08:36 AM   #13
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Which one of you guys wrote these?
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:39 AM   #14
orangemonkey
Perennial Pro-bowler

Josh McDaniels says goodbye to Mike Nolan in thirteen words that add up to two: "Drop dead"
By Michael Roberts in Follow That Story, SportsTue., Jan. 19 2010 @ 8:55AM

"Hey, Mike! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!"
​Last week's Denver Blogs headline "Josh McDaniels's Coaches Getting the Hell Out of Dodge" is as timely as ever owing to the latest JD assistant to march out the door: defensive coordinator Mike Nolan.

Unlike previous ship-abandoners Rick Dennison and Bobby Turner, who signed up with former colleagues/bosses in Houston and Washington, respectively, Nolan was a McDaniels guy from the start -- yet the allegedly mutual split looks to be nasty. McDaniels issued a thirteen-word statement on the subject: "I have great respect for Mike and wish him success in the future." And the Broncos' website has already scrubbed Nolan from the staff list, as if the disastrous end of the season was all his fault.

Of course, Nolan does deserve some of the blame. But there's plenty of it to go around.

Early on, Denver's defense seemed stouter than recent editions despite McDaniels using relatively few of the team's top draft choices to address what even a post-blinding Oedipus could have seen was a major need. As the season wore on, however, the trickery Nolan used to patch over weaknesses began to thin. Down the stretch, squads as mediocre as the Washington Redskins were able to control the ball and chew up clock, which would have caused most coaches to yank out their hair. Maybe that's why McDaniels keeps his trimmed so short.

Now -- big fat surprise -- McD is reportedly set on bringing aboard another New England Patriots alum: Dean Pees, a friend of the McDaniels family from way back. And that's a good thing, because thus far, there's no sign that many other members of young Josh's coaching staff have warmed to him -- the exits of Dennison and Turner being exhibits one and two.

ESPN's Rick Kurtzman sees a pattern in the recent departures, whether forced or not, and asks, "Is McDaniels really so arrogant and egocentric that he would rather lord over the Broncos' organization than work with talented parts to create a competitive whole? Or, was the football field greener on the other side for those men?"

Good questions. Obviously, McDaniels doesn't want for confidence. But his my-way-or-the-highway shtick will become counterproductive if the Broncos go from a franchise where people want to play and work to one they can't wait to flee.
http://blogs.westword.com/latestword...thirteen_w.php
Old 01-24-2010, 09:13 AM   #15
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

shove it kid. Lil Josh goes 13-3 and plays this weekend he'll be as good as shanny was after the Duke retired. And, I'll say it.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:14 AM   #16
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
shove it kid. Lil Josh goes 13-3 and plays this weekend he'll be as good as shanny was after the Duke retired. And, I'll say it.
Did I tell you that I am glad your back. Now if Slap would come back, this board would rock.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:21 AM   #17
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

thanks. I didn't think the board needed me as this season imploded as I though it would. They should have been under .500 though. I understand the sonic - champ trade, but that guy was fun to watch run.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:32 AM   #18
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Did I tell you that I am glad your back. Now if Slap would come back, this board would rock.
Truth
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:59 AM   #19
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

I voted ban them
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:02 AM   #20
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I voted ban them
I will get Hotrod right on it.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:24 AM   #21
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

They should be forced to tailgate naked and drink really cheap warm beer and then watch the game on TV in the parking lot sitting in lawn chairs with most of the straps missing.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:26 AM   #22
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Ah no, I took a year off on the nfl direct tix, but I get Saints for free ((-: Off to the gym to stake out a treadmill or bike for the early game. Chicken Nachos and Sam Adams seasonal brew of 5 hopped Pilsner.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:41 AM   #23
DrFate
Lord of Order

Do you feel that playing the "I'm a good fan and you are bad fan" card is good for the board?
DrFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:59 AM   #24
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Eat a bowl of dick, submitter....
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:06 PM   #25
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

Herlocker ABatar MOJO