The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2010, 10:44 AM   #1
ayjackson
Pro Bowler

Not so new to the forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Who's on your radar @ #10/11?

This is mine, but I think I'd like to trade back and add picks. I'm assuming Suh will be gone.

Joe Haden, CB, Florida
Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama
Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma St.
Brandon Claussen, QB, Notre Dame
Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee
Carlos Dunlap, DE/OLB, Florida
ayjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2010, 11:06 AM   #2
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

depends on a ton of factors, including what we do with marshall and what FA signings we get.

brandon claussen does not exist, jimmy does, and the twitter scout guy said no one is really impressed with him at all as far as a franchise QB.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:27 AM   #3
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Spiller
Dez
McClain
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:29 AM   #4
GoBroncos84
Perennial Pro-bowler

Crucify the Ego

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

assuming the top 3 players in the draft, IMO, are gone (Suh, McCoy, Berry)

McClain
Bradford
Price

Considering we gave up a no.1 to get Smith I would be kind of upset if we got Haden. It has to be a front 7 player unless Josh wants to go QB. If Marshall is gone, then Bryant becomes an option. But the optimist in me says that won't be necessary
GoBroncos84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:00 PM   #5
ayjackson
Pro Bowler

Not so new to the forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Brandon is a ball player I guess.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:20 PM   #6
Paladin
Ring of Famer

None because they will trade down, and I hope get the LG from Idaho and with the pick from trading Marshall, the C from (Alabama? the big 300+ pounder).
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:45 PM   #7
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I'm going to take a lot of **** the whole off-season because I am a firm believer that C.J. Spiller might be the best player available when we are selecting in the first-round. I know that we drafted Knowshon, but what C.J. could do as a receiver, runner and returner on this team is extremely valuable. Our offense needs more of a spark, and I think he could be it. I know people will be absolutely livid if we draft him, but I think he's an extremely rare playmaker who can have tremendous success in the NFL.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 02:10 PM   #8
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I'm going to take a lot of **** the whole off-season because I am a firm believer that C.J. Spiller might be the best player available when we are selecting in the first-round. I know that we drafted Knowshon, but what C.J. could do as a receiver, runner and returner on this team is extremely valuable. Our offense needs more of a spark, and I think he could be it. I know people will be absolutely livid if we draft him, but I think he's an extremely rare playmaker who can have tremendous success in the NFL.
REP

He might go in top 9 after combine I agree though we need a player like him on O BAD.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 02:29 PM   #9
gtown
Perennial Pro-bowler

Hoya Saxa!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juggernaut #46

Spiller (I'm with Req on this one)
McClain
Haden
Berry (I can dream)
Bradford
gtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 03:30 PM   #10
GoBroncos84
Perennial Pro-bowler

Crucify the Ego

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
I love the player, have since the first time I saw him run the ball. He is electric, any time he touches it he can go the distance. I would not be upset if we drafted him. But, I just don't think we will after taking a running back in the 1st last year. We aren't the Detroit Lions... I hope
GoBroncos84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 03:49 PM   #11
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

dont see spiller falling to us and if he did i could see a team trading up to get him, after seeing what chris johnson can do teams will do everything they can to replicate it.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:37 PM   #12
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Bradford, Mcclain, Haden, Bryant and Morgan.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:35 PM   #13
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I've been saying that I see Spiller being one of the best players in this draft. He definitely has the most upside.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:30 AM   #14
Ramathorn
Perennial Pro-bowler

M E O W

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Dumervil

Quote:
I agree completely! Ya gotta draft the best player available and if he is there, then we have to draft him. He is a beast!
Ramathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:10 AM   #15
ayjackson
Pro Bowler

Not so new to the forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I love Spiller too, but I'd be hesitant about drafting him due to Moreno's presence. But right now at #10, I don't see a clear pick, with the possible exception of McClain, and I'd prefer to acquire a SILB later as a two-down prospect.

One guy I'm waiting for the combine on is Dunlap. He could weigh in anywhere from 270-295 lbs. I'm not sure if he's got 3-4 DE potential or not yet.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:10 AM   #16
mattob14
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I don't think you'd hear too much complaining about a Spiller pick. Like you said, he could very well be the BPA, and his speed would bring a new dimension to the offense. If Marshall's traded, we're going to need playmakers and Spiller fills the bill.

Beyond that, most of the guys I'm high on are later 1st round picks, like Dan Williams, Iupati, Cody, Golden Tate, Odrick, and Jahvid Best (although the concussion worries me). Any or all of that list could be available from pick 25 on. Earl Thomas is another guy that I'd like to see on our D, but I'm not sure there's a lot of room at Safety with Dawkins, Hill, McBath, Bruton, and Barrett already in the mix.
mattob14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:44 PM   #17
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I'd like to see us trade down and just stock up on big uglies on both sides of the ball. McClain would be okay with me though.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:12 PM   #18
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinCitiesBronco View Post
I'd like to see us trade down and just stock up on big uglies on both sides of the ball. McClain would be okay with me though.
given the guys who may fall to our spot, i think theres a legit opportunity to trade down if we wanted to. i think we should as well, depending on whos there.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:00 PM   #19
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayjackson View Post
I love Spiller too, but I'd be hesitant about drafting him due to Moreno's presence. But right now at #10, I don't see a clear pick, with the possible exception of McClain, and I'd prefer to acquire a SILB later as a two-down prospect.

One guy I'm waiting for the combine on is Dunlap. He could weigh in anywhere from 270-295 lbs. I'm not sure if he's got 3-4 DE potential or not yet.
Dunlap is definitely a 4-3 power end, he plays with penetration which is not the typical MO of a 3-4 end, I would say he might fit better as a rush OLB in an aggressive 3-4 like the San Diego or Dallas style.

I would like Spiller, but we would end up in a situation a few years down the line of having to pick between one of our 1st round RBs and letting the other one skip town unless one of them busts in which case the decision is made for us. I would not want to be in that position.

I would prefer to bring in help to the defense or passing offense with that 1st round pick.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:26 PM   #20
Paladin
Ring of Famer

I want BUFF's. Big Ugly Fat Fuggers......
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:13 PM   #21
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
bradford, mcclain, haden, bryant and morgan.

+1
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:19 PM   #22
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

I'm interested to see how Dan Williams performs at the Senior Bowl. With Peria Jerry last year and Sedrick Ellis before that dominating there and then having their draft stock rise, I wonder if that could put him into consideration at 10/11?
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:24 PM   #23
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattob14 View Post
I don't think you'd hear too much complaining about a Spiller pick. Like you said, he could very well be the BPA, and his speed would bring a new dimension to the offense. If Marshall's traded, we're going to need playmakers and Spiller fills the bill.

Beyond that, most of the guys I'm high on are later 1st round picks, like Dan Williams, Iupati, Cody, Golden Tate, Odrick, and Jahvid Best (although the concussion worries me). Any or all of that list could be available from pick 25 on. Earl Thomas is another guy that I'd like to see on our D, but I'm not sure there's a lot of room at Safety with Dawkins, Hill, McBath, Bruton, and Barrett already in the mix.

Only 2 safeties I want is Berry or Chad Jones from LSU.
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:16 PM   #24
mattob14
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoBuff View Post
Only 2 safeties I want is Berry or Chad Jones from LSU.
Berry will be long gone, but Jones wouldn't be a bad choice either. It's a little bit of a catch-22 this year. We're in better shape at Safety than we've been in years, but there doesn't appear to be a high-end talent after Dawkins leaves. The Safety class is loaded this year and there's a good chance a Safety will be the BPA at some point in the first 3 rounds. Is it worth it to grab one of these guys, even if it means pushing out one of the current Safeties?
mattob14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:44 PM   #25
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Bradford
McClain
Price
McCoy
Williams
Spiller
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread