The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you believe in ghosts?
Yes 23 34.85%
No 32 48.48%
Who cares? McDaniels did it... 4 6.06%
I am a ghost 7 10.61%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-21-2010, 12:04 PM   #1
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Default OT Poll: A Haunting...on Discovery...

OK. I am watching this show between classes, and its generally about people telling their stories involving ghosts. Which made me wonder do members of this esteemed board believe in ghosts, or had a situation involving them?

Poll to follow.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2010, 12:10 PM   #2
TheDave
Sauced...

Nope...
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:18 PM   #3
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Do you believe in the tooth fairy as well
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:19 PM   #4
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

I believe their are ghosts and only certain people see them.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:25 PM   #5
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Everytime the pass rush gets within 3 feet of Orton he acts like he saw a ghost.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:26 PM   #6
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Absolutely. This summer I was on a haunted pub crawl in Savannah, Georgia -- perhaps one of America's most "haunted cities." It was a nice night out, rather hot, although it was summer time. At the end of the crawl, we had entered an establishment where there was a long and lengthy history of abuse of slaves during the earlier years of our country. In particular, there was a room upstairs that many had stated that they had been witnesses to paranormal activity in some manner or form.

I decided to go into the room by myself, while the others on the tour just watched me. It was around 90 degrees at that time of the night, and I felt an immense cold throughout my body as I entered the room where dozens of slaves had been persecuted and murdered. I was shivering, freezing and felt like the very life I had inside was being sucked out of me. Numerous noises occurred and I decided to split as soon as they got more prominent and louder. I wasn't really scared for myself, but I knew being in there probably wasn't the right place for me.

There was something real in that room, but it (they) wasn't living. I am a spiritual person and strongly believe in the existence of things in many different forms and transcendent energies. I know many people who have had similar stories. Concepts like ghosts and spirits are universal amongst many human cultures. Some approve of their existence, while there are some of those who have a natural fear of them, such as the Navajo.

Undoubtedly, such things exist. Why they exist is a whole other question, but one worth exploring.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:03 PM   #7
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Mrs. Bean keeps telling me that we have ghosts that like to sneak into bed with us and continually fart. Oddly, said ghosts only seem to make an appearance on those nights when she had mexican for dinner.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:04 PM   #8
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Absolutely. This summer I was on a haunted pub crawl in Savannah, Georgia -- perhaps one of America's most "haunted cities." It was a nice night out, rather hot, although it was summer time. At the end of the crawl, we had entered an establishment where there was a long and lengthy history of abuse of slaves during the earlier years of our country. In particular, there was a room upstairs that many had stated that they had been witnesses to paranormal activity in some manner or form.

I decided to go into the room by myself, while the others on the tour just watched me. It was around 90 degrees at that time of the night, and I felt an immense cold throughout my body as I entered the room where dozens of slaves had been persecuted and murdered. I was shivering, freezing and felt like the very life I had inside was being sucked out of me. Numerous noises occurred and I decided to split as soon as they got more prominent and louder. I wasn't really scared for myself, but I knew being in there probably wasn't the right place for me.

There was something real in that room, but it (they) wasn't living. I am a spiritual person and strongly believe in the existence of things in many different forms and transcendent energies. I know many people who have had similar stories. Concepts like ghosts and spirits are universal amongst many human cultures. Some approve of their existence, while there are some of those who have a natural fear of them, such as the Navajo.

Undoubtedly, such things exist. Why they exist is a whole other question, but one worth exploring.
Getting cold flash while drinking=ghosts?

For me I want to hope that my spirit lives on and takes flight across the universe after I die, why else is the Universe there if we can only experience 1 little rock.

That said I am cool with it if this is it.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:06 PM   #9
Broncos4tw
Ring of Famer

I think something exists. Not sure if it's the deceased but non-resolved spirit of a dead person... but I think we don't remotely understand the universe still. The more they feel that parallel dimensions exist, stuff like that becomes far less far-fetched. Whatever it is, I do feel it's fully scientific. All "paranormal" is basically science we don't yet understand, imo.

Also, Ghost Hunters is a huge stupid farce.
Broncos4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:07 PM   #10
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

My wife insistst that her grandmother came to her one night (while she was married to her ex). I tried to tell her it was probably a dream, but she says differently. Who knows?
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:09 PM   #11
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Mrs. Bean keeps telling me that we have ghosts that like to sneak into bed with us and continually fart. Oddly, said ghosts only seem to make an appearance on those nights when she had mexican for dinner.
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:25 PM   #12
Broncos4tw
Ring of Famer

We don't have farting ghosts, but our cats fart an inordinate amount of the time. And they can throw them... you know, like you can throw a voice.
Broncos4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:28 PM   #13
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

I believe the human mind has the amazing ability to make itself see, hear, even taste things that really aren't there.

That said, I also don't think that our weak human senses have the ability to observe all layers of existance.

Basically, I doubt it, but who knows.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:31 PM   #14
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Bwahahahaha!!!
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:32 PM   #15
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
I believe the human mind has the amazing ability to make itself see, hear, even taste things that really aren't there.
You've been listening to Bob talk about his girlfriend again, haven't you?
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:32 PM   #16
MplsBronco
Ring of Famer

I think there is another dimension that we don't know/understand and absolutely believe in spirits.
MplsBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:34 PM   #17
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

That's why young eyes shouldn't see Ghostbusters or Thriller !!!!!
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:36 PM   #18
bronclvr
Ring of Famer

She is faster than you! 8.39 @ 156

I believe there is too much evidence not to at least believe there is some type of "presence"-is it another dimension, or possibly Souls that are stuck or some other endless possibility? Who knows?

My Mother was intrigued with Life after Death and being an educated Woman, took an intellectual interest in it-she was always reading something about it, and I guess that is what interested me. I've been on the Savannah Ghost Tours (there's more than one), to Rose Hall in Jamaica, some in Kansas and, of course, the Stanley Hotel (and others). Can't say that I've experienced a lot, but there is definitely something weird going on at Rose Hall (and, it appears, the Stanley Hotel). There appears to have been some strange things go on at the Island of Poveglia too.

Anyway, it's probably my strangest idiosyncrasy, but it's fun, and you never know what you will see/find in some of these places-
bronclvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:39 PM   #19
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post

Exactly.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:44 PM   #20
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

No, I don't believe in ghosts. If they do exist, I hope they don't hang out much when I'm alone at home.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:47 PM   #21
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Chappelle's Show
Real Movies - Ghost
www.comedycentral.com
Buy Chappelle's Show DVDsBlack ComedyTrue Hollywood Story
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:48 PM   #22
TheDave
Sauced...

so let me ask the believers something....

How is it that trauma to the brain (concussions, strokes, dementia, etc.) can cause complete and total memory loss, but in death peoples "Ghost" still has all the knowlege they had in real life?
Old 01-21-2010, 01:49 PM   #23
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
so let me ask the believers something....

How is it that trauma to the brain (concussions, strokes, dementia, etc.) can cause complete and total memory loss, but in death peoples "Ghost" still has all the knowlege they had in real life?
Magic. Duh.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:52 PM   #24
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SureShot View Post
Magic. Duh.
My bad...
Old 01-21-2010, 01:52 PM   #25
gtown
Perennial Pro-bowler

Hoya Saxa!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juggernaut #46

I didn't believe in them until I stayed four days at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park a few years ago, which inspired the Shining. Bad dreams, flying orbs of light, and weird sounds galore. I'm never staying there again, suffice it to say.
gtown is offline   Reply With Quote