The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2010, 12:38 AM   #1
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default OMG, this draft ROCKS!

26 of the top 50 and 37 out of the top 75 prospects coming out are underclassmen IMHO. That means there is going to be first round talent available at the top of the third round this year. We have had some real deep drafts in the past, but with a ton of Excellent underclassmen declaring this year this is easily the deepest draft I have ever seen.

This will be the most successful top 100 players ever IMHO, with a huge amount of starting level material coming out of one draft. And, that does not even account all the mid level and late picks that will hit strickly by %. I can not remember having this much fun watching film in JAN. WOW!

Alright now back to East-west film work!
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2010, 06:26 AM   #2
GoBroncos84
Perennial Pro-bowler

Crucify the Ego

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
26 of the top 50 and 37 out of the top 75 prospects coming out are underclassmen IMHO. That means there is going to be first round talent available at the top of the third round this year. We have had some real deep drafts in the past, but with a ton of Excellent underclassmen declaring this year this is easily the deepest draft I have ever seen.

This will be the most successful top 100 players ever IMHO, with a huge amount of starting level material coming out of one draft. And, that does not even account all the mid level and late picks that will hit strickly by %. I can not remember having this much fun watching film in JAN. WOW!

Alright now back to East-west film work!
It is exciting. It really makes me cringe at us losing that 2nd first rounder, but we do need to let that go... I am not nearly as immersed as you are, but I am having a ball researching and coming up with my "ideal draft scenario"
GoBroncos84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:53 AM   #3
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

It does look very good so far. Hopefully, the Broncos FO can figure out a way to get more picks on the first day.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:16 AM   #4
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

The deepness of this draft is out of this world, as Med mentioned. This is why I have no problems with letting our good players go for picks if we plan on replacing them with prospects who Josh feels are a quality selection for our franchise. I cannot wait until April.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:20 AM   #5
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

Med, doesn't it generally take younger players longer to physically acclimatize to the NFL (grow bigger, stronger and with more endurance)? Or is that a mistaken idea?
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:07 AM   #6
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

This will be one of the strongest drafts in a long time, it will easily rival 08.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:06 PM   #7
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
This will be one of the strongest drafts in a long time, it will easily rival 08.
It is much deeper than 08 right now. And, that is before I can really sort through all the trash to look at the midlevel players. The east west game has a lot more talent than in past years and the senior bowl is going to miss all these excellent underclassmen. That being said both games rosters are exceptional right now and the senior bowl's is not even set.

The top of this class is simply extraordinary.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:58 PM   #8
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Where ate you getting your film?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:33 AM   #9
anton
Solid Starter

Torrents would be the best way to go
anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:34 AM   #10
meangene
Ring of Famer

I really expect us to go into this draft with two firsts (Marshall), and up to three thirds (Kuper, Scheffler, Marshall) based on teams signing our RFA. I can see a ZBS team giving up a third for Kuper if we tender him there and I think we get either a third or fourth for Scheffler. More than a first for Marshall may be wishful thinking but who knows?
meangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 04:08 PM   #11
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
It is much deeper than 08 right now. And, that is before I can really sort through all the trash to look at the midlevel players. The east west game has a lot more talent than in past years and the senior bowl is going to miss all these excellent underclassmen. That being said both games rosters are exceptional right now and the senior bowl's is not even set.

The top of this class is simply extraordinary.
This is why I want to see Scheffler and Marshall traded for picks. With the rookie cap looming the talent is deep at a lot of spots, and getting 5-6 picks in the first 3 rounds would be awesome.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: