The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Default ESPN: Finding QB is Gailey's top priority

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=4838981

"1. QB situation: First, Gailey must figure where to find a new quarterback. Under the circumstances, it might not be a bad idea for Gailey to convince ownership to stay with Trent Edwards for one more season, but owner Ralph Wilson might not go for that. Edwards has a year left on his contract, but the offense went in reverse this season with him behind center and several people in the organization are ready to go a new direction.

Even though he can bring the college spread offense into Buffalo, Gailey must find the right person to run it. With the possibility of an uncapped year, the Bills would have to make a trade to get either Kyle Orton or Jason Campbell as a restricted free agent. Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen could be an option if he falls to the Bills at the ninth pick, but Wilson might not be patient enough to go with a first-round quarterback. Gailey is in a tough spot."

Get ready...get set...GO!
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2010, 12:51 PM   #2
TheDave
Sauced...

I doubt anyone is going to be offering us any draft picks for Orton...
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:53 PM   #3
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
IDK,there is quite a few on this board who think he's worth what we got for Cutler.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:54 PM   #4
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
If Cutler was worth two first round picks the sky is the limit for what Kyle Orton could bring!!! :rolleyes:

Right Popps?
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:58 PM   #5
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Even the haters have to admit that Orton is the consensus #1 FA (restricted or unrestricted) QB right now. He's young and he's coming off a career year. A team could certainly do worse.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:00 PM   #6
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Ok I'm not at all familiar with Buffalo...what's wrong with Trent Edwards?
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:00 PM   #7
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Even the haters have to admit that Orton is the consensus #1 FA (restricted or unrestricted) QB right now. He's young and he's coming off a career year. A team could certainly do worse.

So if you were the bills what do you offer for Orton?
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:01 PM   #8
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I really hope NFL GMs are thinking the same thing. It would be great to give Orton to someone else. Please McD, trade Orton.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:01 PM   #9
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

I demand their entire draft...or else...
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:06 PM   #10
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
I bet we could get some shiny beads for him. Not those Chinese made Cadmium laced shiny beads. I'm talkin made in Buffalo, NY, American made union type Cadmium free shiny beads. Those are the money beads right there.

I bet McKid would throw in a second rounder to move up in the 4th round to get a 5th round CB too if Gailey plays his cards right.

Maybe we could sign Graham's ball dropping ass to an extension while we're at it.

I also hear McKid is interested in NE's ball boy crew but Belichick hasn't put them on the market...yet. Yet.

***FACEPALM***
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:08 PM   #11
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
I bet we could get some shiny beads for him. Not those Chinese made Cadmium laced shiny beads. I'm talkin made in Buffalo, NY, American made union type Cadmium free shiny beads. Those are the money beads right there.

I bet McKid would throw in a second rounder to move up in the 4th round to get a 5th round CB too if Gailey plays his cards right.

Maybe we could sign Graham's ball dropping ass to an extension while we're at it.

I also hear McKid is interested in NE's ball boy crew but Belichick hasn't put them on the market...yet. Yet.

***FACEPALM***
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:21 PM   #12
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
Attachment 25965

Last edited by Pony Boy; 11-02-2013 at 05:34 PM..
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:52 PM   #13
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
They could have traded for the "franchise".
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:35 PM   #14
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Yes, get rid of Orton and have what at QB? Simms? Some undrafted free agent? Oh, some high draft choice who won't be ready to play for a few years, but put him in there anyway. I'm really glad some around here are not in the personnel dept. Yikes.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:37 PM   #15
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
IDK,there is quite a few on this board who think he's worth what we got for Cutler.
Name one.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:37 PM   #16
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBronco View Post
They could have traded for the "franchise".
Old 01-19-2010, 02:38 PM   #17
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Yes, get rid of Orton and have what at QB? Simms? Some undrafted free agent? Oh, some high draft choice who won't be ready to play for a few years, but put him in there anyway. I'm really glad some around here are not in the personnel dept. Yikes.
Orton & a 5th for Edwards, 2 firsts and a 3rd.

HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:38 PM   #18
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yeah, I'm so sure it will be impossible to find someone to replace Orton and his 20th ranked offense. I saw two rookies be better game managers than Orton this year. I saw a few last year as well. You keep thinking Orton is better than everyone in every draft though.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:40 PM   #19
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Name one.
Me.
I think we got more than equal value out of the trade. Don't necessarily 100% back what Denver has done with the picks so far though.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:52 PM   #20
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
Me.
I think we got more than equal value out of the trade. Don't necessarily 100% back what Denver has done with the picks so far though.
That's not what he said. Unless I read it wrong, he said that a lot of people around here think Orton is worth the same bounty we got for Cutler.

You're just saying we got good value for Cutler, which I agree with .
Old 01-19-2010, 02:58 PM   #21
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Gotcha.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:02 PM   #22
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Yeah, I'm so sure it will be impossible to find someone to replace Orton and his 20th ranked offense. I saw two rookies be better game managers than Orton this year. I saw a few last year as well. You keep thinking Orton is better than everyone in every draft though.
Yeah, and how many have great running games and defenses? All of them. But let's pretend that has nothing to do with it. Sanchez for the Jets had 12 TD's and 20 picks, but he's a great game manager maybe because they can run the ball and play great defense. Get a great running game and a defense like the Jets, then yeah, can get about any QB and be successul. Until then, this idiot crap of replacing Orton with just anybody with a defense that still needs work and on OL that needs the same.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:34 PM   #23
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
Yeah, and how many have great running games and defenses? All of them. But let's pretend that has nothing to do with it. Sanchez for the Jets had 12 TD's and 20 picks, but he's a great game manager maybe because they can run the ball and play great defense. Get a great running game and a defense like the Jets, then yeah, can get about any QB and be successul. Until then, this idiot crap of replacing Orton with just anybody with a defense that still needs work and on OL that needs the same.
12 TDs to 20 Ints isn't even being a good game manager. It's being a ****ty rookie QB that managed to not screw up just enough for his team to barely back into the playoffs with the #1 defense in the NFL and a top 5 (#1 if you just look at total yardage, #3 in scoring) running game and a whole **** ton of help from two division leaders with nothing to play for at the end of the season.

To pretend that Kyle Orton performed worse or even at the same piss poor level as Sanchez (and to an even greater extent Stafford or Freeman) is absolute proof of a major, completely unreasonable bias against Orton, or a complete lack of knowledge of the sport of football.

On a totally unrelated note: I do like that the jets beat the chargers, but I really don't get what all of this "the jets were so successful" crap is all about. They got lucky by backing into the playoffs (they most certainly didn't deserve to get in on their own merits), beat a slumping bengals team and then ran into the chargers during their worst game of the entire year and barely managed to beat them.
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:09 PM   #24
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
if a team felt Cassel was worth 63 million and a 2nd round pick, Orton with a much better career record, better stats, and his just general makeup as a QB could probably land us a 1st if we really were to try and trade him.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:11 PM   #25
Lolad
Ring of Famer

Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
if a team felt Cassel was worth 63 million and a 2nd round pick, Orton with a much better career record, better stats, and his just general makeup as a QB could probably land us a 1st if we really were to try and trade him.
In your wildest dreams! NOBODY is going to offer a 1st rd pick for Orton,
I think we could possibly get a 2nd rd pick for him. But a 1st? !
Lolad is offline   Reply With Quote