The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 09:32 PM   #1
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,095

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default Myron Rolle Eligible for senior Bowl ;D

This is great news for Draftniks. This might be one of the best classes of Safety's in mobile in years.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2010, 06:19 PM   #2
GoBroncos84
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
GoBroncos84's Avatar
 
Crucify the Ego

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

I sent an email to Matt McGuire from WalterFootball asking why Myron Rolle is ranked so low, since every time I watched Florida State play he jumped off the screen. I know he left football to further his education, but I honestly view that as a positive. He is highly intelligent, high character, and for such a young man he has his priorities straight. Matt responded saying Rolle quit on his teammates, doesn't care about football, and will most likely go undrafted, which to me seems ludicrous. I currently have him going to Denver in the 5th on my "ideal mock draft". I will jump for joy if that happens
GoBroncos84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:12 PM   #3
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,095

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBroncos84 View Post
I sent an email to Matt McGuire from WalterFootball asking why Myron Rolle is ranked so low, since every time I watched Florida State play he jumped off the screen. I know he left football to further his education, but I honestly view that as a positive. He is highly intelligent, high character, and for such a young man he has his priorities straight. Matt responded saying Rolle quit on his teammates, doesn't care about football, and will most likely go undrafted, which to me seems ludicrous. I currently have him going to Denver in the 5th on my "ideal mock draft". I will jump for joy if that happens
He did not seriously say that did he? He obviously missed all the stuff that led to Myron Leaving in the first place, and it was not ANY of those reasons.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:22 PM   #4
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,808
Default

Rolle did the right thing in taking the Rhodes Scholarship. If folks don't understand what that opportunity means they don't get it.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:39 PM   #5
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,781

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Myron was considered a likely top round pick had he continued and played football. Fortunately for him, he's a brilliant guy and got the Rhodes Scholarship to study Medical Anthropology at Oxford. That is an honor in itself. The kid can play ball.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:34 PM   #6
GoBroncos84
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
GoBroncos84's Avatar
 
Crucify the Ego

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Yeah, I was really taken back by that response from Matt. Prior to him getting his scholarship I thought that he, Berry, and Mays were the top safety prospects in college football. Mays has been exposed a bit, Berry has elevated himself to the clear number 1, and Rolle took a very rare opportunity to better himself. I would love to see him here in Denver learning from Dawk. I am hopeful that Bruton and McBath can develop, but I think Rolle has more upside. Realizing we don't have a 5th round pick, I just bumped him up to the 4th round on my mock. I'm excited to see how he plays at the Senior Bowl
GoBroncos84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:29 PM   #7
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,723

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBroncos84 View Post
Yeah, I was really taken back by that response from Matt. Prior to him getting his scholarship I thought that he, Berry, and Mays were the top safety prospects in college football. Mays has been exposed a bit, Berry has elevated himself to the clear number 1, and Rolle took a very rare opportunity to better himself. I would love to see him here in Denver learning from Dawk. I am hopeful that Bruton and McBath can develop, but I think Rolle has more upside. Realizing we don't have a 5th round pick, I just bumped him up to the 4th round on my mock. I'm excited to see how he plays at the Senior Bowl
we have a full draft next year, 1-7.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 04:08 AM   #8
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
we have a full draft next year, 1-7.
This upcoming draft Denver doesn't have a 5th.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:22 AM   #9
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,095

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
This upcoming draft Denver doesn't have a 5th.
I think they do not have their own 5th, but finally get the 5th they traded the Cowboys for Montrae Holland.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:29 AM   #10
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
I think they do not have their own 5th, but finally get the 5th they traded the Cowboys for Montrae Holland.
They trade our 5th for Smith and the other one for in other deal. We don't have a 5th this draft.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:13 PM   #11
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,723

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
They trade our 5th for Smith and the other one for in other deal. We don't have a 5th this draft.
i really, really dont think thats right.

looking it up right now, cant find a definite answer yet
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:16 PM   #12
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,723

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

hmm maybe we dont have a 5th, i swear at one point after the draft mcdaniels said they wanted to go into this year with a full draft and they did, guess that was before smith trade
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:18 PM   #13
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
Wut

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,000

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default

I'd take this kid in a second... issue though is who do we cut?

Bruton and Barrett have been awesome for special teams, solid and very athletic depth.

Renaldo Hill is our QB and McBath did pretty good last year on top of being a 2nd round pick.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:19 PM   #14
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
i really, really dont think thats right.

looking it up right now, cant find a definite answer yet
One went for Smith

The other (which Oakland now has) was swapped for Gorin and our 7th back.

This link has all the team picks

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2...order_full.cfm
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:24 PM   #15
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,723

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
I'd take this kid in a second... issue though is who do we cut?

Bruton and Barrett have been awesome for special teams, solid and very athletic depth.

Renaldo Hill is our QB and McBath did pretty good last year on top of being a 2nd round pick.
dont think we have a spot for him.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:02 PM   #16
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nćstved, DK
Posts: 11,093

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
dont think we have a spot for him.
That is my feeling too unless Dawkins is a surprise retirement, I would really like to have him he has great instincts, is a smart kid, a leader and a really solid SS.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:38 PM   #17
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer
 
ColoradoBuff's Avatar
 
In Manning We Trust......

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Where the buffalo roam....
Posts: 2,133

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins
Default

Scott Wright has been raving about Rolle. Any ideas what round he is slotted for? Wouldn't mind us getting him and having him learn from B-Dawkins. I like McBath....not too sold on Bruton anything more than a good special teamer.
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:45 PM   #18
SpringStein
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Monument, CO
Posts: 2,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
One went for Smith

The other (which Oakland now has) was swapped for Gorin and our 7th back.

This link has all the team picks

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2...order_full.cfm
Actually that pick is held by Detroit that we traded last year to move up and select Brandstater.
SpringStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:09 PM   #19
The Joker
Ring of Famer
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,283

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Rolle would be a nice pick with the potential to be an absolute steal, depends on how much he actually wants to play football though.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:26 PM   #20
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringStein View Post
Actually that pick is held by Detroit that we traded last year to move up and select Brandstater.
I stand corrected.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:12 AM   #21
SpringStein
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Monument, CO
Posts: 2,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
I stand corrected.
Not a big deal - just didn't want even more hard feelings directed to Alphonso.
SpringStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:09 AM   #22
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 19,449

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

Rolle would be a solid pick. I really hope he is available for Denver to pick in the 2nd round or 3rd if he slides for some crazy reason.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:15 AM   #23
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringStein View Post
Not a big deal - just didn't want even more hard feelings directed to Alphonso.
I was talking about Le Kevin Smith not Alphonso.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:33 PM   #24
SpringStein
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Monument, CO
Posts: 2,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
I was talking about Le Kevin Smith not Alphonso.
My bad! A came to my mind before L.
SpringStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:03 PM.


Denver Broncos